SMP Distributed Powerbuilder

Hi,

Does Distributed Powerbuilder take advantage of multiprocessor machines
?

Is it possible to make it run on as many processors as I want ?

TIA

Diego Hulse (diegohulse@usa.net)
Develop Informatica
suporte@develop.com.br
0
Diego
7/9/1998 8:36:17 PM
sybase.distributed 2187 articles. 0 followers. Follow

No and Yes. DPB ~can~ be configured to run under multiprocessor systems but
it requires you to manage thread contention yourself.

Mike

Diego Hulse <diegohulse@usa.net> wrote in message 35A529C1.6E48@usa.net...
>Hi,
>
>Does Distributed Powerbuilder take advantage of multiprocessor machines
>?
>
>Is it possible to make it run on as many processors as I want ?
>
>TIA
>
>Diego Hulse (diegohulse@usa.net)
>Develop Informatica
>suporte@develop.com.br

0
Unified

distributed powerbuilder
What about giving us DPB back? Maybe it is not powerfull enough to write huge multitier applications but realizes a good way for interapplication communication. Also for smaller multitier functionality customer is not always interested in buying EAS. I'd never understood the reasons for stopping this technology. -- Chris Werner "Chris Werner" <cw@f-s.de> wrote in message news:Oa6MXhkHDHA.277@forums-2-dub... > What about giving us DPB back? Maybe it is not > powerfull enough to write huge multitier applications > but realizes a good way for i...

Distributed PowerBuilder
I am in the process of moving an existing PB5 PFC application Distributed PB 5. I have several concerns in regards to the capabilities of this option. We are considering moving the database access along with the business NVOs/Rules from the client machine to an application server. These are some of the concerns we have... 1.In terms of using datastores on the server machine and datawindows on the client machine, how will the communication be facilitated? - should the datawindows on the client app be external? 2. In regards to the datawindow to server communication for r...

Distributed PowerBuilder
Hi all. I am trying to figure out the steps, when you build dpb. Can and shall I use PFC both on client and server? If yes, do I have to have one set of pbl:s for the client and one for the server? Can I run the client pbl:s in one instance of powerbuilder, and the server pbl:s in another? Can I share objects on client and server, under development? Does anyone know any document, describing the steps? PowerSofts "Building Distributed Applications" is ok, but it don't cover everything. Regards Stefan Uhlin/ConNova ...

Distributed PowerBuilder
I am in the process of moving an existing PB5 PFC application Distributed PB 5. I have several concerns in regards to the capabilities of this option. We are considering moving the database access along with the business NVOs/Rules from the client machine to an application server. These are some of the concerns we have... 1.In terms of using datastores on the server machine and datawindows on the client machine, how will the communication be facilitated? - should the datawindows on the client app be external? 2. In regards to the datawindow to server communication for r...

Distributed powerbuilder
Is it possible to establish a connection between two powerbuilder apps across the internet using TCP/IP and Winsock? I'm not going through a web browser, just straight from one app to another. I have tested this on an application on our LAN, and it works perfectly. But not so when I try it over the internet. Any ideas? The server that the applicaton server resides on is behind a firewall. Could this cause any problems? I'm running on WinNT/98/95 using PB 6.5 Jan Erik Hermansen On Mon, 12 Apr 1999 09:20:57 +0200, in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.di...

Dropping Distributed PowerBuilder Support in PowerBuilder 8.0
I heard a long time ago that distributed PowerBuilder support was going to be dropped in PowerBuilder 8.0 in lieu of using EAServer. Is that true? When is PowerBuilder 8.0 coming out. Target for PB8 is Q1 2001. DPB is not being enhanced but the capabilities will still be there. On Fri, 18 Aug 2000 09:40:03 -0400, Chuck_Kiefriter wrote: >I heard a long time ago that distributed PowerBuilder support was going to >be dropped in PowerBuilder 8.0 in lieu of using EAServer. Is that true? >When is PowerBuilder 8.0 coming out. Chuck, I apologize, but I gave you inac...

Distribution Lists within Distribution List
We have experienced a problem with the number of receipitents within a distribution continues to shrink (when looking at the delivered number in sent items). This is our internal "all-company" list for announcements. It contains each "all-postoffice" list for out 5 post offices (all-postoffice1, all- postoffice2, etc.). The visibility of the all-company list is always set to none until it is requested to be used, the all-postoffice lists are always set to none. Is this a problem? This always used to work, now the number of people getting the all-compan...

Distributions
--Sig_/nBm4dFISdt9C1jqPd/EjRyo Content-Type: text/plain; charset=US-ASCII Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I have been too busy to be able to ship 5.20.0 for HP-UX, but I think that I can make some for that now. Another reason was that not all the modules I ship did work out-of-the-box for 5.20.0 when it was released. One of the fails is still a FAIL: Devel::Size 1. What is the estimated date for 5.20.1 2. Any release plan for a working Devel::Size? If 5.20.1 is withing grasp, I'll wait for that and not double my effort If it will take another few months I...

Java and Distributed Powerbuilder
I'm trying to figure out where the import library is located for a java applet to talk to distributed powerbuilder. The JavaBean Proxy generator created the Java code successfully, but I can't find out where the import library of com.sybase.dpb is. Thanks, Bill Anderson c:\program files\sybase\shared You need to have JDPBlib.jar in your CLASSPATH. You also need JGL3 class library in your CLASSPATH -- Dean Jones, CPD Professional 6.0 Team Powersoft PowerTeam, Inc. www.powerobjects.com dean@powerobjects.com Williams Communications Group wrote in message ... ...

Other distributions
Hi, There is always talk of other distributions (Fedora, Ubuntu, etc). I thought it would be nice to see everyone's top 5. Mine is: - openSUSE - Arch - Fedora - CrunchBang - Mandriva _OPENSUSE:_ I think openSUSE's implementations of both KDE and GNOME are outstanding. Zypper is a great tool, as is YaST. I think the thing that sets openSUSE above the rest is the community. With the combination of community and easy to use tools, I think openSUSE is great for new users, whilst still being customizable enough for more experienced users. _ARCH:_ ...

Distributed PowerBuilder and Jaguar
You may have already responded to my previous posting on this subject, but I must have accidentally marked every article as read. At any rate, can Jaguar access a distributed PowerBuilder object that communicates with a DBMS. I would like to encapsulate existing PB logic into a distributed object. This object would perform certain data checking as well as load the data in a SQL Server database. I would like Jaguar to get data from a client, pass the data to the PB object and check the state of the object to determine if the SQL Server transaction succeeded. Can this be done with t...

New to Distributed Powerbuilder
Hi All, I am very new in this field of distributed powerbuilder but have some experience in the other side of powerbuilder. Have been reading and looking at the examples. I am having the PB 5.0.03 (Desktop) and don't have a clue how to create remote objects as shown in the example program..Is this because of the Desktop version??... If so which level would begin to provide facilities to create remote objects?? I am very interested to try out this part of powerbuilder programming Thanks Mustafa DeskTop will work, but Powersoft remove the ability to create a proxy. -- Tha...

Which distribution?
I am currently planning a new server which shall run with SQL Anywhere 8.0 under Linux. The latest versions from Red Hat and Suse are not listed on the Sybase web site, and Debian (so far my favorite) isn't listed at all. Does anybody have an opinion which of the current distribution might work best or where I should expect difficulties? Thanks Klaus Dr. Klaus P. Pieper wrote: > I am currently planning a new server which shall run with SQL Anywhere 8.0 > under Linux. The latest versions from Red Hat and Suse are not listed on the > Sybase web site, and Debian (s...

about powerbuilder distributed example
Hi,when I want to run the only PB 5.0 example about distributed , I have some trouble. First , I add a line at last of file C:\Windows\service as such: dpbserver 11600/tcp #distributed PB demo then I run the demo at my own computer, start the dpbserver application , get success information, but when I click the 'connect' commandbutton ,I got a mistake say: "SERVICE_NOT_FOUND_ERROR" and then I don't know what I can do next,please help me. Thank you . On Mon, 27 Apr 1998 20:38:53 +0800, mengsanqing <sunnys@pub.dl.lnpta.net.cn> wrote: Make...

Web resources about - SMP Distributed Powerbuilder - sybase.distributed

Jim O'Neil (@jimoneil) on Twitter

Contact Us - Sybase Inc

热门搜索 - 我的异常网

Top Ranked Articles