SharedObjectRegister function problem on PB 6.5 for Unix?

How does a Distributed Powerbuilder Server handle the creation of threads
(SharedObjectRegister) on a unix platform. More specifically, why does the DPB
Server have a PID, but any threads created from that process do not seem to
have one? The same DPB server compiled and executed on a WINNT4.0 Server
registers the threads as they are created and destroyed.

Note: The server application was designed on a WIN95/98 platform, and ftpd to
Unix, Rebuilt and executed (No code changes were made).

CLIENT: PB6.5 build(444)
OS: WIN95/98/NT4.0

DBP SERVER: PB5.6 build(565)
OS: HPUX 10.2

DB SERVER: Oracle 7.3.4
OS: HPUX 10.2

Norman Gilbert

0
NOSPAM_ngilbert
7/9/1999 9:45:24 PM
sybase.distributed 2187 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Migration problem from PB 6.5 to PB 11.5
Dear all, When I try to use the migrate assistant for the mirgration job on pb 6.5 to pb 11.5. Error occure during the migration (using migrate assisant). Powebuilder cause a problem and quit out. Inforamtion that I get from it is signature problem with below information :- AppName: pb115.exe AppVer: 11.5.0.2506 ModName: pbdwe115.dll ModVer: 11.5.0.3127 Offset: 0022a3e6 Any ideas on that ? Thanks -- Free News Reader http://put.hk http://put.hk/reader/forums.sybase.com/sybase.public.powerbuilder.general.html Before you migrate, I would ... 1) Optimize all you...

problem with migration pb 6.5 to pb 6.0
after problems in compilation with pb 6.5, I compile librairies in pb 6.0 and it is ok. But, in menu, letters with accent ("�" or "�" ) become "o". thanks to say me if it's normal... ...

Problems migrating from PB 5.0.03 to PB 6.5
I am having problems running the my application after migrating it to PB 6.5. The application was migrated successfully. Then, I added all the new PFC objects and PBLs as per the guidelines provided by Sybase. The full rebuild was also successful except for a few warnings about instance variables of local structure type being implicit in the next release. However, when I start up the application and try to open any screen having datawindows, it crashes with Dr. Watson's error. Did anybody have a similar experience? Any help in this regard would be greatly appreciated. T...

Is there a problem with the function Trim on PB 6.5?
Is there a problem with the function Trim on PB 6.5? Brian, What are the symptoms that lead you to this conclusion? Roy On Fri, 18 Sep 1998 09:02:15 -0500, in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.general Brian Haake <Brian.Haake@World-Color.com> wrote: >Is there a problem with the function Trim on PB 6.5? > > Roy Kiesler Software Engineer Logica Inc. mailto://kieslerr@logica.com I was trying to use Trim and later LeftTrim to trim a string. The string was local that I had set to a value from a column in a datawindow. Neither of the two functions seemed ...

PB 6.5 connection to SQL 6.5 problem when 2000 is installed
We have several PB 6.5 applications that connect (native) to Microsoft SQL Server 6.5. They have been running fine for me until I installed the MS SQL Server 2000 client tools on my computer. I still have the SQL 6.5 tools loaded. At some point I had also installed the SQL 7.0 client. I did not have any problems with my apps after that install, only after the 2000 installation. We uninstalled the SQL 2000 client and reinstalled the 6.5 client, but I am still having problems running the applications. I am getting an error message that states..."DDE Server Window: myapp.exe -...

Problems with Global External Functions in PB 6.5
I use 32 bits DLL and I have some problems with the functions declaration. In runtime mode, I have an error message : ________________ Application terminated Error : bad runtime function reference ________________ This depend of the place of the called function in the declaration (number 1, 2, 3, ...) If I change the order of the functions in the declaration, this message could appears when I call an other function. Could you help me, please. ...

PB 6.5 / MS SQL 6.5 / Stored Procedue dw creation problem
We are beginng to have trouble creating stored procedure datawindows that us an argument in an if statement. Powerbuilder is returning an error message: "Requested result set number 1 not found". The whole message from the trace file is: "PROCEDURE PREPARE: execute dbo.trf_sm_ltl_orders_to_route;1 @as_all = '0' (30 MilliSeconds) Error 999 (rc -1) : Requested result set number 1 not found" If you comment out the IF @as_all = "N" then it will create the dw fine. We can't figure out why this just started because we have been doing this...

What to upgrade my PB 6.5 to PB 6.5.1 ?
What to upgrade my PB 6.5 to PB 6.5.1 ? Where I can donwload the upgrade pack ? thanks Go to http://support.sybase.com select Software Distribution, log on, select Powerbuilder and then pick PB 6.5.1 maintenance patch. Harpreet Netvigator wrote in message ... >What to upgrade my PB 6.5 to PB 6.5.1 ? Where I can donwload the upgrade >pack ? > >thanks > > Go to Sybase Developers Network (http://www.sybase.com/sdn) and look for the patches link. Good luck, Terry [TeamSybase] and Sequel the techno-kitten On Thu, 5 Aug 1999 23:02:22 +0800, &quo...

Problem with Oracle DECODE function in PB 6.5.1
A datawindow with the following SQL (Oracle 7.3) running in PB 6.5.1 would always return a value of 'NOT Year 2000' regardless of the value entered in the :retrieval_argument of NUMBER datatype: SELECT DECODE(2000,:retrieval_argument,'Year 2000','NOT Year 2000') FROM DUAL To get around, convert the value in the retrieval argument to a number using the Oracle SQL function To_Number() as follows: DECODE(2000,To_Number(:retrieval_argument),'Year 2000','NOT Year 2000') Your comments and other better solutions to this problem is deeply apprec...

Informix + PB 6.5: which I-Net for PB 6.5?
Hi, I want to migrate our PB4/ PB 5.01 16 bit Informix applications to 32bit. Which version of CLI/I-Connect and which PB 6.5 build do you recomend me? We are using 7.13 and 7.30 OnLine. TIA Pepa PS. I need ISO 8859.2 <-> ISO latin 2 (1250) conversion. We use the latest INFORMIX-Connect v 7.2 drivers for our PB 6.5 apps. These drivers are available for free download (actually INFORMIX-Client SDK, of which INFORMIX-Connect is the runtime component) from the Informix website ...

What to upgrade my PB 6.5 to PB 6.5.1 ?
What to upgrade my PB 6.5 to PB 6.5.1 ? What file I can download and Where is this file ? thanks http://sdn.sybase.com/sdn/appdev/get_doc.stm?loc=1001286 On Thu, 5 Aug 1999 23:03:18 +0800, in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.database Netvigator <kevinlcw@ctimail.com> wrote: >What to upgrade my PB 6.5 to PB 6.5.1 ? What file I can download and Where >is this file ? > >thanks > > --- Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase] | Romac/Source International mailto:Bruce.Armstrong@teamsybase.com | mailto:jobs@sourcela.com ...

Can the PB 6.5 or 6.5.1 maintenance release be ran on PB 6.0
Yes. ...

Problem with Oracle DECODE function in PB 6.5.1 #2
A datawindow with the following Oracle 7.3 SQL running in PB 6.5.1 would always return a value of "NOT 2000" regardless of the value entered in the retrieval argument of NUMBER datatype.. SELECT DECODE(2000,:retrieval_argument,'Year 2000','NOT Year 2000') FROM DUAL Your comments and solutions to this problem are deeply appreciated. P.S. To make it work properly, I had to change the above DECODE function as follows: DECODE(2000,To_Number(:retrieval_argument),'Year 2000','NOT Year 2000') What about DECODE(:retrieval_argument,2000...

Problem with SQL Anywhere 5.5.03 #1666 or PB 6.5.2???
Does anybody know why SQL Anywhere won't let me insert and retrieve data when I run my application in the PB environment? When I run an exe it seems to work fine. A sample of my code is: for j = 1 to i_num_tables select td.table_name, td.table_num, td.table_type, td.light_channel, td.x, td.y into :s_table_name,:i_table_number, :i_table_type, :i_table_light_channel, :i_table_x, :i_table_y from table_defn td where td.item_index = :j; When I copy and paste into DB admin and run this with hard coded values I get data back, but when I run my app nothing happens. I als...

Web resources about - SharedObjectRegister function problem on PB 6.5 for Unix? - sybase.distributed