Problems Connecting to MSSQL 6.5 after migrating from PB6.5 to PB7.0

After migrating my PFC based PB6.5 application to PB7.0 application, I
cannot connect the deployed EXE program to MS SQL 6.5.  I can connect to the
database before the migration.  If I run the application in PW7.0, I can
connect to the MS SQL 6.5 database without any problem. However it does not
work if I run the deployed program.  By changing the INI file, I can connect
to Sybase SQL 11.5 database but not the MS SQL 6.5.  Please advise if anyone
has faced the same problem and how to solve this problem.

0
Tin
6/17/1999 3:19:49 AM
sybase.distributed 2187 articles. 0 followers. Follow

I forgot to state that I am using native drive to connect the the MS SQL 6.5
database.

Tin <tttl1@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> After migrating my PFC based PB6.5 application to PB7.0 application, I
> cannot connect the deployed EXE program to MS SQL 6.5.  I can connect to
the
> database before the migration.  If I run the application in PW7.0, I can
> connect to the MS SQL 6.5 database without any problem. However it does
not
> work if I run the deployed program.  By changing the INI file, I can
connect
> to Sybase SQL 11.5 database but not the MS SQL 6.5.  Please advise if
anyone
> has faced the same problem and how to solve this problem.

0
Tin

Problems connecting to MSSQL 6.5 after migrating from PB6.5 to PB7.0
After migrating my PFC based PB6.5 application to PB7.0 application, I cannot connect the deployed EXE program to MS SQL 6.5 using native drive. I can connect to the database before the migration. If I run the application in PW7.0, I can connect to the MS SQL 6.5 database without any problem. However it does not work if I run the deployed program. By changing the INI file, I can connect to Sybase SQL 11.5 database but not the MS SQL 6.5. Please advise if anyone has faced the same problem and how to solve this problem. You're not going crazy. We have a regression in 7.0 t...

Problems connecting the MS SQL 6.5 after migrating from PB6.5 to PB7.0
After migrating my PFC based PB6.5 application to PB7.0 application, I cannot connect the deployed EXE program to MS SQL 6.5. I can connect to the database before the migration. If I run the application in PW7.0, I can connect to the MS SQL 6.5 database without any problem. However it does not work if I run the deployed program. By changing the INI file, I can connect to Sybase SQL 11.5 database but not the MS SQL 6.5. Please advise if anyone has faced the same problem and how to solve this problem. I forgot to state that I am using native drive to connect the the MS SQL 6.5 ...

PB7.0 and MSSQL 6.5 Connection/Disconnect problems.
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------C44F0B90E1D30A433BB44819 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Using PB7.0 Build 5031 and MSSql Server 6.5, one developer is experiencing long connection times (>2 minutes), when I can connect to the same server in just a few (2-3) seconds. He is running on a bigger box, a compaq 400mghz with 64MB. During the slow connection memory usage skyrockets from +6M for PB70.exe to over 40M. My machine's usage will only go into the 16M rang when connected. Any ideas? --------------...

Migration from 5.0.5 to 6.0.3. Problems?
Hi Which problems should I expect during such a migration?. Regards R. There should be none. I always recommend an unload / dbinit / reload when upgrading. Why are you going to 6.0.3, when 7.0.3 has been out, and 8.x is soon to be released. -- David Fishburn Certified SQL Anywhere Associate Sybase - iAnywhere Solutions Professional Services Please only post to the newsgroup EBFs http://downloads.sybase.com/swx/sdmain.stm Whitepapers http://www.sybase.com/developer/mobile/ CaseXpress - to report bugs http://casexpress.sybase.com "R" <var@interia....

5.0 to 6.5 NSS Migration problem
I don't suppose anybody has a copy of NSS5L.EXE for Netware 5.0 laying around, do they? I'm trying to migrate my 5.0 NSS volume and get the error: Warning: "You have NSS volumes on your source server. If you are going to migrate them to the new server, you will first need to update your NSS modules on the source server. See TID 10068067 for more information on how to update the NSS modules." can you use NSS5Q ? regards >>> <davek@southwest.cc.nc.us> 01/15/05 01:22am >>> I don't suppose anybody has a copy of NSS5L.EXE f...

Connect to SQL Anywhere 5.0 and MSSQL 6.5
Hi, Our PB 6.0 app. is running on the local workstation interfacing SQL Anywhere 5.0 DB on c: drive as temperary database and interfacing MSSQL 6.5 as primary data source. Data is upload from local SQL Anywhere 5.0 db to MSSQL 6.5 thru pipelines. Questions: 1. When connecting to MSSQL 6.5, Should we use ODBC SQL Server driver or PB native MS SQL 6.X driver ? We are using ODBC driver to connect to local SQL Anywhere now. 2. Where can we get the latest version of ODBC MS SQL Server driver or PB Native driver for MS SQL 6.5 ? 3. SQL Anywhere 5.0 allow mutliple column...

Datawindow problem in migrating from 5.0.04 to 6.5
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------D0B5D2A098AE3F1987D4BCD7 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit I am migrating an application from PB5.0.04(16-bit) to PB(32-bit). I am getting a problem. The following same statement is behaving differently in PB5 and PB6.5. order_type is a table column with 'not null' constraint in Informix database. it's like : order_type char(1) not null i can have blank for order_type. If there is blank(i.e. " ") for order_type, the result of following statement execution is :...

Concurrent perl 5.6.0, 5.6.1, 5.8.0, and 5.8.0threaded
Hi, So, I'd like to have multiple versions of perl installed on my system, for testing stuff, poking around, etc. It's not really that difficult, actually - you just arrange that they have different @INC directories (or that they overlap in the ways you want them to), and you make /usr/bin/perl point as a symlink to whichever version you want to use regularly (probably 5.6.1). Here's what I think I'd have, creating a few fink packages to manage things for me: * /usr/bin/perl5.6.0 - Apple's perl, unmodified, @INC is: /System/Library/Perl/darwin ...

Groupwise 6.5 migration from Exchange 5.5 problems
I have a few problems trying to migrate from Exchange 5.5 to Groupwise 6.5 using the Novell Exchange to Groupwise migration tool. (The problems are listed below). 1.) when importing calender from exchange into groupwise the recipients in the TO: dialauge box have the old exchange x400 address, is there a way of making it correspond to the groupwise address 2.) when importing calender from exchange into groupwise any recurring meetings are not brought over. the initial meeting is there but none of the recurring events. Any solutions to these proble...

Netware 5.0 SBS with GW 5.5 to NW 6.5 with GW 6.5
I am assisting a client with a migration from NW 5.0 w/ GW 5.5 to new server hardware (will be replacing the old server) running NW 6.5 with GW 6.5 via the 7.1 Migration Wizzard. I am still a little unsure of the best migration path. I planned on migrating straight from NW 5 and GW 5.5 to NW 6.5 and GW 6.5. However, other people indicate that it is not a clean migration. Furthermore, the documentation states that I will have to re-install GW6.5 to update the NLMs on the Target after the migration. Won't this overwright my information store? Perhaps I am supposed to m...

Problems connecting to MSSQL 6.5 with PB7
Dear new PB7 developpers, I recently install PB7 on my machine at work at I've got some problems with the connection to our MSSQL Server database(V6.5). I create a very simple app with 2 buttons, 1 to connect and 1 to disconnect and it seems the the connection occurs differently when running from PB and via a "compiled" PDL. When running from PB, the connection to the database is fine. But I run the compiled PBL, it becomes very slow(near 1 min) and takes a lot of memory, I mean more than 60 MB of memory. Even if PB7 is pretty new , I am sure that somebody encount...

Problems connecting to MSSQL 6.5 with PB7
Dear new PB7 developpers, I recently install PB7 on my machine at work at I've got some problems with the connection to our MSSQL Server database(V6.5). I create a very simple app with 2 buttons, 1 to connect and 1 to disconnect and it seems the the connection occurs differently when running from PB and via a "compiled" PDL. When running from PB, the connection to the database is fine. But I run the compiled PBL, it becomes very slow(near 1 min) and takes a lot of memory, I mean more than 60 MB of memory. Even if PB7 is pretty new , I am sure that somebody encou...

URGENT: PFC Migration Problem (5.0.04 to 6.5)
Hi all, We have an application in PB 5.0.04 (16 bit). We migrated it to PB 6.5 version. We have successfully migrated the application PBLs, but we are not able to migrate the PFCs successfully. We get a General Protection Fault when migrating the PFCs. Can anybody please let me know how to migrate the PFCs from PB version 5.0.04 (16 bit) to 6.5. We used the "PFC Library: Upgrade Strategy for Customized Extension Levels" document having the ID 44505, but were unsuccessful. We also have a doubt that the PFCs have been modified in the older version. Can this be a probl...

Web resources about - Problems Connecting to MSSQL 6.5 after migrating from PB6.5 to PB7.0 - sybase.distributed

List of Nebraska Connecting Link, Spur, and Recreation Highways - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Nebraska Connecting Link , Nebraska Spur , and Nebraska Recreation Road highways are a secondary part of the Nebraska highway system . They connect ...

Israeli Hotel U Coral Beach Club Eilat Has a Unique Way of Connecting Guests to Facebook
U Coral Beach Club Eilat, a hotel in Israel , is taking sharing vacation photos and checking in to the next level thanks to a collaboration between ...

Connecting 100 Million People in Africa
„Facebook for Business“ liefert dir aktuelle Nachrichten, Tipps und Best Practices für den Einsatz von Facebook zur Erreichung deiner Unternehmensziele: ...

Papa John’s Connecting with 200,000 Fans on Facebook
More brands are engaging with Facebook’s 150 million users through Facebook advertising solutions and the Facebook Platform, patterns of best ...

Jewel Dots Puzzler - A Cool Connecting Dots Puzzle For Kids on the App Store on iTunes
Get Jewel Dots Puzzler - A Cool Connecting Dots Puzzle For Kids on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Connecting the community, my Twitter strategy, and American Airlines at DFW - Flickr - Photo Sharing ...
I thought, to commemorate this entry on connecting people, that I'd include a photo of an airplane from one of the busiest airports in the world ...

Connecting an Arduino to a DSC 1550 Alarm Panel - YouTube
Have an old DSC-1550 (PC 1550) Alarm Panel? This video shows how to connect an Arduino to the panel, simulate a keypad, and monitor the state ...