Powerbuilder Socket Library

Can anyone point me towards a reliable powerbuilder library for direct socket programming? Thanks
0
info
5/18/1999 1:25:55 PM
sybase.distributed 2187 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Hi !

There is an FTP example in PB6.5

Luck !

--
Sincerelly,
Vladimir M. Bogak,

0
Vladimir
5/19/1999 6:46:54 AM
Try PowerTCP from DART Communications - Excellent collection of Actice-X controls that work in PB.
(www.dart.com)

regards,
Bill Green

"MissionSoft Inc." wrote:

> Can anyone point me towards a reliable powerbuilder library for direct socket programming? Thanks

0
William
5/19/1999 1:31:38 PM
There's one at www.innerdynamics.com written specifically for PowerBuilder.

MissionSoft Inc. <info@mission-soft.com> wrote in message
> Can anyone point me towards a reliable powerbuilder library for direct
socket programming? Thanks

0
Mike

Dropping Distributed PowerBuilder Support in PowerBuilder 8.0
I heard a long time ago that distributed PowerBuilder support was going to be dropped in PowerBuilder 8.0 in lieu of using EAServer. Is that true? When is PowerBuilder 8.0 coming out. Target for PB8 is Q1 2001. DPB is not being enhanced but the capabilities will still be there. On Fri, 18 Aug 2000 09:40:03 -0400, Chuck_Kiefriter wrote: >I heard a long time ago that distributed PowerBuilder support was going to >be dropped in PowerBuilder 8.0 in lieu of using EAServer. Is that true? >When is PowerBuilder 8.0 coming out. Chuck, I apologize, but I gave you inac...

Powerbuilder terminate when open the library painter in PowerBuilder 9
From previous sharing, I have tried to remove the entries in registry: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Sybase\PowerBuilder\9.0\Layout\Default But it does not work for me. I have tried to re-install PowerBuilder but same result. When PB terminate, it display the following: AppName: pb90.exe App Ver: 9.0.0.5507 ModName:msvcrt.dll ModVer: 7.0.2600.2180 Offset: 000360cb Does anyone has the solution? Thanks. L K wrote: > From previous sharing, I have tried to remove the entries in > registry: > HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Sybase\PowerBuilder\9.0\Layout\Default > >...

Distributed PowerBuilder
I am in the process of moving an existing PB5 PFC application Distributed PB 5. I have several concerns in regards to the capabilities of this option. We are considering moving the database access along with the business NVOs/Rules from the client machine to an application server. These are some of the concerns we have... 1.In terms of using datastores on the server machine and datawindows on the client machine, how will the communication be facilitated? - should the datawindows on the client app be external? 2. In regards to the datawindow to server communication for r...

Distributed PowerBuilder
Hi all. I am trying to figure out the steps, when you build dpb. Can and shall I use PFC both on client and server? If yes, do I have to have one set of pbl:s for the client and one for the server? Can I run the client pbl:s in one instance of powerbuilder, and the server pbl:s in another? Can I share objects on client and server, under development? Does anyone know any document, describing the steps? PowerSofts "Building Distributed Applications" is ok, but it don't cover everything. Regards Stefan Uhlin/ConNova ...

Powerbuilder Socket.
hi! is there a way to create a program in Powerbuilder 7.0 that utilizes sockets. In that way I could create a simple Instant Messaging programming using client and server sockets... would that be possible? If there is, could you guys show me some code or may point me to a site that offers informations regarding to my query... thank you jun Joe, asked the same question yesterday. Take a look at the answers on his post HTH Arnoud Url: http://www.gloriant.be "Jun" <jmartinph@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:Xns931894889929jmartinphyahoocom@199.93.177.7...

Distributed PowerBuilder
I am in the process of moving an existing PB5 PFC application Distributed PB 5. I have several concerns in regards to the capabilities of this option. We are considering moving the database access along with the business NVOs/Rules from the client machine to an application server. These are some of the concerns we have... 1.In terms of using datastores on the server machine and datawindows on the client machine, how will the communication be facilitated? - should the datawindows on the client app be external? 2. In regards to the datawindow to server communication for r...

distributed powerbuilder
What about giving us DPB back? Maybe it is not powerfull enough to write huge multitier applications but realizes a good way for interapplication communication. Also for smaller multitier functionality customer is not always interested in buying EAS. I'd never understood the reasons for stopping this technology. -- Chris Werner "Chris Werner" <cw@f-s.de> wrote in message news:Oa6MXhkHDHA.277@forums-2-dub... > What about giving us DPB back? Maybe it is not > powerfull enough to write huge multitier applications > but realizes a good way for i...

PowerBuilder and sockets
I am having trouble to establish a connection from a PowerBuilder Application to a Unix-demon-process via Berkley Sockets.. Using an Unix-Client everything works fine, but trying to do the same coding in a Power-Script the client can't reach the demon-process. To use the socket-related functions (like socket(), connect(), etc.) i declared them as local external functions. This is my Code: <External Function Declarations>: Function uint socket(int af, int typ, int protocol) Library "wsock32.dll" Function int connect(uint sfd, REF s_sockaddr_in sockaddr, int ...

socket library
I want to create a client application in PK 2.5 using Win CE5.0 on a motorolar/symbol handheld. The application has to communcate with a legacy server application using TCP sockets. Does anyone know where I can get the winsock.dll equivalent for Win CE 5.0? Does anyone have experience or better yet a working example of how to call the CE version of winsock to create a TCP connection via a socket and then send and receive data to and from a server process? thanks in advance ...

Distributed powerbuilder
Is it possible to establish a connection between two powerbuilder apps across the internet using TCP/IP and Winsock? I'm not going through a web browser, just straight from one app to another. I have tested this on an application on our LAN, and it works perfectly. But not so when I try it over the internet. Any ideas? The server that the applicaton server resides on is behind a firewall. Could this cause any problems? I'm running on WinNT/98/95 using PB 6.5 Jan Erik Hermansen On Mon, 12 Apr 1999 09:20:57 +0200, in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.di...

Java and Distributed PowerBuilder
I'm trying to figure out where the import library is located for a java applet to talk to distributed powerbuilder. The JavaBean Proxy generator created the Java code successfully, but I can't find out where the import library of com.sybase.dpb is. Thanks, Bill Anderson It's jdpblib.jar. I found mine in C:\Program Files\Powersoft\Shared and added it to the class path. I think you also need jgl3.1.0.jar. That one was under C:\Program Files\Powersoft\Shared\ObjectSpace_JGL\lib. Jiggy ________________________________________________________________________ eMail:...

Powerbuilder Library API ?
Hi there.... I have lost my Perl "documentor", which take a exported userobject and extracts ancestor info, function-, events- and variable definition etc. as pretty print. I now want to reconstruct it. And offcourse it must be bigger and better :-) So therefore does a public (or near public) "API" exist in the powerbuilder dll for extracting the definition of the PB objects ? Regards Hans Jeppesen PS I'm currently using PB 8.0.2 There is no 'public' api... /ck "Hans Mejdahl Jeppesen" <hajee@wmdata.com.nospam> wrot...

Distributed PowerBuilder Protocols
What do I need to concern on when choosing a protocol for a DPB 5.0 application? TIA marcelo You should really look at using PB6.5. Besides that, I pretty share Sybase dropped Open Client driver, so don't choose that. Ever project I have worked on has used Winsock. You will probably fine more support for Winsock. If your just getting started with distributed PowerBuilder, I have a bunch of tips on my web site to help you get started. They even help if you have been working with distributed PowerBuilder for years <g> http://www.powerobjects.com/distributedhome.ht...

Fax library for Powerbuilder
Hi all, Do anyone know where can I find/buy the Fax library (pbl/pbd/ole/ocx/activex/etc...) for Powerbuilder?? As I need to write an application with Fax functions like sending, scheduling, monitoring, logging... of fax events. Thanks for your help!! Zeno Koo ...

Web resources about - Powerbuilder Socket Library - sybase.distributed

Jim O'Neil (@jimoneil) on Twitter

Contact Us - Sybase Inc

热门搜索 - 我的异常网

Top Ranked Articles