Jaguar CTS 3.0 Prob connecting to oracle via connection cache

Oracle 7.3
Instance TLO1
Alias    TLO1

Connection Cache settings

Cache Name                      oracle_tlo1
Description                     TLO1 - Temp Live Oracle
Enable cache by name access     No
Enable connection sanity check  Yes
No of connections in cache      10
Service Name                    <nothing>
Database Connection
    Server                      TLO1
    User                        com
    Password                    xxx
Driver                          ociw32.dll
    OCI 7.x

When I ping the connection it fails with..

Ping of oracle_tlo1 OCI_7 Connection Cache failed.
The ping operation did not complete successfully.
Could not find the specified connection cache.

Anyone know what's wrong ?

I can connect to the db from PB ok, so I know it's running.

TIA
Adrian Parker

0
Adrian
12/15/1999 11:33:34 AM
sybase.distributed 2187 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Did you stop are restart Jaguar?

--
Dean Jones, CPD Professional
Team Sybase

PowerTeam, Inc.
http://www.powerobjects.com

Adrian Parker <adrian@willen.demon.co.uk> wrote in message
> Oracle 7.3
> Instance TLO1
> Alias    TLO1
>
> Connection Cache settings
>
> Cache Name                      oracle_tlo1
> Description                     TLO1 - Temp Live Oracle
> Enable cache by name access     No
> Enable connection sanity check  Yes
> No of connections in cache      10
> Service Name                    <nothing>
> Database Connection
>     Server                      TLO1
>     User                        com
>     Password                    xxx
> Driver                          ociw32.dll
>     OCI 7.x
>
> When I ping the connection it fails with..
>
> Ping of oracle_tlo1 OCI_7 Connection Cache failed.
> The ping operation did not complete successfully.
> Could not find the specified connection cache.
>
> Anyone know what's wrong ?
>
> I can connect to the db from PB ok, so I know it's running.
>
> TIA
> Adrian Parker

0
Dean
12/15/1999 2:55:00 PM
"Dean Jones [Team Sybase]" <nospam_dean@powerobjects.com> wrote in
message news:LV8CLxwR$GA.191@forums.sybase.com...
> Did you stop are restart Jaguar?

Yes,, I'm not running it as a service, so I just stopped the program
and then restarted it.

0
Adrian
12/15/1999 3:07:33 PM
Did you set up the connection cache under Jaguar >> Installed Connection
cache?

--

> "Dean Jones [Team Sybase]" <nospam_dean@powerobjects.com> wrote in
> message news:LV8CLxwR$GA.191@forums.sybase.com...
> > Did you stop are restart Jaguar?
>
> Yes,, I'm not running it as a service, so I just stopped the program
> and then restarted it.

0
Dean
12/15/1999 5:43:57 PM
"Dean Jones [Team Sybase]" <nospam_dean@powerobjects.com> wrote in
message news:Po2ElPyR$GA.287@forums.sybase.com...
> Did you set up the connection cache under Jaguar >> Installed
Connection
> cache?

That's done the trick.. many thanks!

I'd created it under connection caches instead of under the servers
entry, so they were being created but not installed.

0
Adrian
12/15/1999 5:58:42 PM
"Dean Jones [Team Sybase]" wrote:

> Did you stop are restart Jaguar?
>
> --
> Dean Jones, CPD Professional
> Team Sybase
> dean@powerobjects.com
>
> PowerTeam, Inc.
> http://www.powerobjects.com

I notice that Adrian has solved the problem, but I just wanted to note
that you do not have to restart Jaguar when installing a new connection
cache.  You do need to 1) close the dialog that you specified the cache
parameters in, 2) reopen the dialog, 3) hit refresh.  That works as of
the 3.0.1 release, I believe.  I know a lot of people using previous
builds just got into the groove of restarting, but that gets a bit old -
especially if you are administering a remote server.
--
Jim O'Neil
Senior Technical Support Engineer

0
Jim

Oracle 7.3, Connection Cache, Jaguar 3.0 Help
Newbie questions: I cannot create a connection cache for an Oracle 7.3 database using Jaguar 3.0. I realize this is older technology but it is what I have to work with at this point. When I gone to create the cache I have used OCIW32.dll as the driver but when I ping the freaking thing I get an error message saying "it can't find the cache". Jaguar is running on NT4 sp4, and the Oracle is running on HPUX 10.2. Any help would be great. Thanks Jeff Schulz jschulz@nrcan.gc.ca Have you refreshed the cache or bounced the server? Is the connection cache regist...

Connection cache problems with Direct Connect on Jaguar CTS 3.6.1
Hello all, I need to connect to CICS and execute transactions using Jaguar CTS 3.6.1, powerbuilder component and UNIX Sun Solaris 8.0. I've made a connection cache (via Jaguar Manager) using Open Client driver and it seems to work fine, because i can ping it. But, the problem is: When i try to access the connection cache within a powerbuilder 7.0 component using the Direct Connect driver (DBMS property) and specifying the connection cache name in the DBParm property, in NT (Win 2K) the connection cache is not used (Direct Connect bypasses Jaguar), in Solaris 8.0 it says it do...

Jaguar CTS 3.0.1 and Connection Caches
We have migrated all of our EA Studio components and developed applications to a new server and are in the process of establishing a connection cache via an ODBC connection. Jag Mgr. cannot recognize nor 'Ping' the backend (ASE 11.9.2). Although this worked fine on the old server, we have partitioned the new server with 4 different mapped drives and now there seems to be some conflict in addressing Sybase EA Studio components across a mapped drive scenario. Here's the current configuration: Drive C contains IIS, PowerDynamo and Sybase Central - This was done due to a pr...

Powerdynamo 3.0 connecting to Jaguar 3.0
I am having problems connecting to Jaguar from Powerdynamo 3.0. I have created a Powerdynamo website. I am using the asademo database for Adaptive Server Anywhere. I also have Jaguar 3.0 running on the machine. First of all, I assume I need an ODBC connection? I have gone into the connections folder in PowerDynamo. 1. I double-click add connection. 2. Give a connection name(jag_connect) 3. Select ODBC as the type of connection 4. I select my ODBC data source (ASA 6.0 sample) 5. Enter a userid of "jagadmin" and no password. 6. I then get an error message. &qu...

Where is connection cache info stored? - Can't find cache "props" files in \Repository\ConnCache
I have three connection caches I'd like to copy to another machine, so I was going to copy the associated "props" files to the other machine. The \Repository\ConnCache folder on the machine with the three connection caches appears empty. Where are the connection cache properties stored? Windows NT 4.0 Jaguar CTS 3.6 John Lund They live inside of the afconfig.dat file. Why not sync the server? Dave Wolf Internet Applications Division "John Lund" <jlund@commerce.state.wi.us> wrote in message news:LS9Ab8iWAHA.67@forums.syb...

Jaguar CTS 3.5 Connection Cache to Oracle9I
We are in the process of ugrading Oracle to 9I and need to reconfigure the connection cache to look at the new database, however there does not appear to be a choice for 9I. (there is no radio button on the Driver Tab of the Connection properties for Oracle9i). We have not installed to Oracle9i Client Software on the Jaguar machine to date. (we are hesitant to due this until we are actually going to use the new database. Will installing Oracle Client fix this problem, or is something else needed? Thanx, Steve Pauley Nope, you'll need to upgrade to EAServer 4.x...

Oracle connection cache on HP-UX Jaguar 3.5
How can I setup a working cache for Oracle 8i on a HP-UX box? From the Oracle client we can ping and reach the database without problem but we cannot make it work from Jaguar. Do you have any suggestion concerning any possible solution (native, JDBC ...) Zoltan JDBC driver connections from HP-UX to Oracle should work fine. Just make sure to put the Oracle drivers in the Jaguar classpath (which I did by un-jaring them into the java/classes directory), and also make sure you get the right JDBC connection syntax. Jonathan -- Jonathan Baker Internet Applications Divis...

Checking the status oracle connection PB9.0 Oracle 9i(9.2.0.50) Lost connection problem (LAN and WAN)
Cheers to all. We want to know if there is a way to get the status of the connection with oracle databse (online way), we use native driver for Oracle9i. Some times we get some lan and wan problems that produce small lost connection in seconds, but we dont any action that describe the success problem. we need to put some code in the application that help us to know the exactly moment when these happen to take some decision something loke a monitor tool. we appreciate any suggestions. Thanks in advance Eduardo Primera from: Venezuela ...

How to setup connection property in Connection Cache using EAServer 3.6.1 + JDBC 2.0
Hi, The following properties is my connection cache property. Server Name ---> NetworkProtocol=Tds:Server=localhost:Port=4100:DatabaseName=odwas Class Name ---> com.sybase.jdbc2.jdbc.SybConnectionPoolDataSource I am using the JDBC 2.0 to connect with my ASE 12.0 Server. I check all of the books about JDBC API. I could not find more information about connection property with JDBC 2.0 + Sybase jConnect 5.2. I already try to use the connection cache property file but it could not work. Do anyone know how to put the "PACKETSIZE" property to "Server Na...

Connection Cache to Client Lib 11.0 using CTS 3.5
I am able to create a connection cache to SYBASE 11.9.2 using the Jaguar manager. The pinging is succesfull.. But from the java application I cannot get the cache name for the connection. Here is my one line of code: cache = JCM.getCache( "someusername","somepassword","somecachename" ); The server says I cannot find the name. I know the jdbc, odbc driver requires a prefix before the cache name , I am wondering what the prefix is for the Open Client cache name. I have tried CTLIB_11:cachename, libjct:cachename,etc Any help would be appreciated...

PD 3 + Jaguar 3 + multiple connection caches
* I have a general logic in components. * Different users should operate on different databases using the same components. So, depending which user session calls the component the component should use different connection caches. What is the best way to solve that if you do not want to send the name of the connection cache with every component method invocation? And still keeping the system as scalable and efficient as possible? Thanks, Stefan Norlin You can determine the users name by calling Jaguar.getUserName(); From here you can then do logic to determine whi...

need help with Connection Cache.( jaguar 3.5 has problem with oracle 8.1.7 jdbc drivers )
When I am pingging connection cache to oracle database.I am getting Ping of Test Connection Cache failed: JCM.getCache() could not retrieve cache for user/password/server values supplied. com.sybase.jaguar.util.JException: the connection cache was not found. Envir: Oracle 8.1.7v database JDBC Drivers 8.1.7 ( classes111.zip) Dll: jdbc:oracle:thin:@hostname:1521:sid EAServer: 3.5 With Same USERID/PASSWORD and Drivers, I can connect to oracle db from java application in client/server manner. thank you raji what you specified for DLL is really what should be you...

ASA7.0.2 DB collation name=EUC_TAIWAN ,Using Jaguar 3.6.1c1 connection cache failed
There are two ASA7.0.2 Database which are almost the same except the=20 collation name: one is CP950 and another is EUC=5FTAIWAN. When connection cache is set up to connect the two DB which are both=20 started alternatively using "dbsrv7.exe", the "cp950" DB is always=20 successful and the "EUC=5FTAIWAN" is always failed and the message of Ping = Results is : "JCMCache.getConnection() could not acquire a connection.=20 java.sql.SQLException: JZ00L: .....SQL...." and the srv.log records:" Apr=20 05 10:15:32 2001: SQLException afterJDBC getCo...

ASA7.0.2 DB collation name=EUC_TAIWAN ,Using Jaguar 3.6.1c1 connection cache failed #2
There are two ASA7.0.2 Database which are almost the same except the=20 collation name: one is CP950 and another is EUC=5FTAIWAN. When connection cache is set up to connect the two DB which are both=20 started alternatively using "dbsrv7.exe", the "cp950" DB is always=20 successful and the "EUC=5FTAIWAN" is always failed and the message of Ping = Results is : "JCMCache.getConnection() could not acquire a connection.=20 java.sql.SQLException: JZ00L: .....SQL...." and the srv.log records:" Apr=20 05 10:15:32 2001: SQLException afterJDBC getCo...

Web resources about - Jaguar CTS 3.0 Prob connecting to oracle via connection cache - sybase.distributed

List of Nebraska Connecting Link, Spur, and Recreation Highways - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Nebraska Connecting Link , Nebraska Spur , and Nebraska Recreation Road highways are a secondary part of the Nebraska highway system . They connect ...

Israeli Hotel U Coral Beach Club Eilat Has a Unique Way of Connecting Guests to Facebook
U Coral Beach Club Eilat, a hotel in Israel , is taking sharing vacation photos and checking in to the next level thanks to a collaboration between ...

Connecting 100 Million People in Africa
„Facebook for Business“ liefert dir aktuelle Nachrichten, Tipps und Best Practices für den Einsatz von Facebook zur Erreichung deiner Unternehmensziele: ...

Papa John’s Connecting with 200,000 Fans on Facebook
More brands are engaging with Facebook’s 150 million users through Facebook advertising solutions and the Facebook Platform, patterns of best ...

Jewel Dots Puzzler - A Cool Connecting Dots Puzzle For Kids on the App Store on iTunes
Get Jewel Dots Puzzler - A Cool Connecting Dots Puzzle For Kids on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Connecting the community, my Twitter strategy, and American Airlines at DFW - Flickr - Photo Sharing ...
I thought, to commemorate this entry on connecting people, that I'd include a photo of an airplane from one of the busiest airports in the world ...

Connecting an Arduino to a DSC 1550 Alarm Panel - YouTube
Have an old DSC-1550 (PC 1550) Alarm Panel? This video shows how to connect an Arduino to the panel, simulate a keypad, and monitor the state ...