Reusing Powerbuilder DataWindows

Does anyone have experience re-using DataWindows from an
existing Powerbuilder App. in DataWindow.NET? It would seem
possible from the documentation. It seems that there are
some language restrictions (PFC?), but much else appears
compatible.

FYI: I'm not yet a Powerbuilder/DataWindow user, I'm just
evaluating it for a possible project.
0
Jerry

You should be able to reuse all of your PowerBuilder datawindows objects.  PFC is a set of foundation classes built on top of the
base PowerBuilder classes (and then some), but standard DW's should work fine.

Doug Porter
DailyAccess Corporation

<Jerry Metcoff> wrote in message news:437904ac.169e.1681692777@sybase.com...
> Does anyone have experience re-using DataWindows from an
> existing Powerbuilder App. in DataWindow.NET? It would seem
> possible from the documentation. It seems that there are
> some language restrictions (PFC?), but much else appears
> compatible.
>
> FYI: I'm not yet a Powerbuilder/DataWindow user, I'm just
> evaluating it for a possible project.

0
Doug
11/14/2005 10:34:03 PM
Yes, you can reuse power builder datawindows.Here u go:
1.Export the datawindow you want to use (it exports in .srd
format)
2.Open Datawindow designer.
3.Import the .srd file in your project
4.Now use the pbl file as your library list in
datawindow.net control
   All the datawindow object inside the pbl will be
available to you.

> You should be able to reuse all of your PowerBuilder
> datawindows objects.  PFC is a set of foundation classes
> built on top of the base PowerBuilder classes (and then
> some), but standard DW's should work fine.
>
> Doug Porter
> DailyAccess Corporation
>
> <Jerry Metcoff> wrote in message
> > news:437904ac.169e.1681692777@sybase.com... Does anyone
> > have experience re-using DataWindows from an existing
> > Powerbuilder App. in DataWindow.NET? It would seem
> > possible from the documentation. It seems that there are
> > some language restrictions (PFC?), but much else appears
> compatible. >
> > FYI: I'm not yet a Powerbuilder/DataWindow user, I'm
> > just evaluating it for a possible project.

0
Sanjaya
11/15/2005 4:39:18 AM
You shouldn't need to import the SRD unless it's an older version of
PB.  With PB10 or later, you should be able to use the PBL from PB as
is.

On 14 Nov 2005 20:39:18 -0800, Sanjaya wrote:

>Yes, you can reuse power builder datawindows.Here u go:
>1.Export the datawindow you want to use (it exports in .srd
>format)
>2.Open Datawindow designer.
>3.Import the .srd file in your project
>4.Now use the pbl file as your library list in
>datawindow.net control
>   All the datawindow object inside the pbl will be
>available to you.
>

>> You should be able to reuse all of your PowerBuilder
>> datawindows objects.  PFC is a set of foundation classes
>> built on top of the base PowerBuilder classes (and then
>> some), but standard DW's should work fine.
>>
>> Doug Porter
>> DailyAccess Corporation
>>
>> <Jerry Metcoff> wrote in message
>> > news:437904ac.169e.1681692777@sybase.com... Does anyone
>> > have experience re-using DataWindows from an existing
>> > Powerbuilder App. in DataWindow.NET? It would seem
>> > possible from the documentation. It seems that there are
>> > some language restrictions (PFC?), but much else appears
>> compatible. >
>> > FYI: I'm not yet a Powerbuilder/DataWindow user, I'm
>> > just evaluating it for a possible project.

Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase]
http://www.teamsybase.com

In Defense of Top Posting
http://alpage.ath.cx/toppost/toppost.htm

http://www.needhim.org
0
Bruce

DataWindow This, DataWindow That...

Problems with External Datawindows in Datawindow .Net
Has anyone used an external datawindow within a datastore in a .Net application? We are converting a piece of functionality from PowerBuilder to C# .Net and the routine uses an external datawindow. Since it is an external I didnt do SetTransObject before doing the InsertRow. I simply tried inserting a row into the datastore and a DatawindowNotCreatedException was thrown. Has anyone run into something similar? We are widely using external datawindow. Your error is not concerned with external datawindow. It is concerned with DataWindowControl bad behaviour (it is documented,...

PB Datawindow to DataWindow .Net Migration
We have a datawindows in PB 9 and PB 11 also. Now we are planing move to .Net Applications. We are generating all PB objects in to .Net(C#) except data windows. Now we are planing to move PB datawindows to DataWindow .Net 2.5. Can you please explaing the way to convert/migrate PB Datawindows to DataWindow .Net 2.5. Advanced thanks for your suggesstions. Thank You, Chaithu Start the Datawindow Designer applet and create a new Project. Then use the Import... feature to import the datawindow source .SRD files. These can be exported from PowerBuilder. -- Paul Horan[Sybase] ...

DataWindow.NET
I'm using DataWindow.NET 1.5.1 9004 on a Windows XP Professional SP 2 machine with the latest Microsoft Update patches. The release notes indicate that change request 385532 is corrected. However, if I configure my computer to use a Windows XP theme the border does not render as expected; a blue bordered box is displayed. If I configure my computer to use a Windows Classic theme the border is rendered as expected. Is there something else I need to do to get the datawindow object column borders to render correctly when using a Windows XP theme? Ken Are you using 3D Lower...

datawindow and Datawindow.NET Function Comparison
Hi All! What is the equivalent function in datawindow.net for the dw_1.GetSelectedRow() Is there any listings or comparison available for datawindow.net function and datawindow? Thanks.in advance S. Viswanathan Look to DataWindowControl.FindNextSelected(RowNumber) method. Regards, Mikhail Klygin. Viswanathan S �����: > Hi All! > > What is the equivalent function in datawindow.net for the > dw_1.GetSelectedRow() > > Is there any listings or comparison available for datawindow.net function > and datawindow? > > Thanks.in advanc...

Converting datawindow objects to datawindow .Net
Hi, Can someone please list the various methods we can use to convert the standard datawindow object to a datawindow .net object ? Thanks, Sanjay I'm lost. There's no conversion necessary. PB and DW.Net use the same datawindow objects. On 19 Feb 2007 17:46:15 -0800, Converting wrote: >Hi, > >Can someone please list the various methods we can use to >convert the standard datawindow object to a datawindow .net >object ? > >Thanks, > >Sanjay Thanks Bruce. I probably confused you but good to know that we can modify the datawin...

Some plan for a .NET Pocket Powerbuilder? And for a .NET Compact DataWindow?
Jim O'Neal of Team Sybase respond to my request on DW.Net newsgroup that there is no plan for DataWindow.Net for Compact .Net Framework. Datawindow.Net is still unmanaged code and .Net Compact Framwork does not support unmanaged code. PocketPowerBuilder is for Pocket PC. I woner why would I care for its .Net version! Datawindow (not DW.Net) of Pocket PB works on Pocket PC with Pocket PowerBuilder. Regards. ...

DataWindow.NET : issue using external datawindow
Hello, I created an external datawindow with 3 columns, but I have error messages when I want to use it in my .NET application : When I want to insert rows, I get the message : "InsertRow was called when no DataWindow object was attached." I set in design mode my pbl library and also the datawindow name I want to use. I also tried to set it dynamically in the code, but it changes nothing. I'm sure SQLCA isn't useful for this kind of DataWindow, but I also tried to set it and I get the message "SetTransaction was called when no DataWindow object was att...

DataWindow.NET and PB10.5 DataWindow Extentions ?
Hi, will the next release (so far I know DataWindow.NET 2.0) will based on the Powerbuilder DataWindow engine 10.5. or in other words: The new DataWindow extentions from PB10.5 (treeview datawindow, autosize ....) will be part of of the next DataWindow.NET Release Till now we are in the process of testing the same pbl's (and datawindows) in Webforms and PB apps. TIA Heino Hellmers Yes. The PowerBuilder 10.5 DataWindow engine is used and those features are supported. "Heino Hellmers" <heino@hellmers.com> wrote in message news:42ff2c87$1@f...

Is there any issue in creating dynamic datawindow in Datawindow.Net?
Hi I have created a datawindow object in PB10 and exported in to SRD file. In my dot.net application, I read the file into string and issued the following command to create datawindow dynamically. But it throws an methodfailureexception error as "incorrect syntax at line 18 and column 14. Dim ls_create As String Dim fs As FileStream fs = New FileStream(curFileName, FileMode.Open, FileAccess.Read) 'declaring a FileStream to open the file named file.doc with access mode of reading Dim d As New StreamReader(fs) 'creating a new StreamReader and passing the filestream...

Powerbuilder .NET, AJAX, and DataWindows
I have a form that has two datawindows on it. I am trying to get the datawindows to display all 25 lines of data on a single screen but the AJAX is splitting this data up. I have set the "Rows Per Pages" property on the "Web Generations" tab of the datawindow to 0 (zero), 26, and even -1 and the results are the same - AJAX splits the data so I have to use the buttons at the bottom. I need to turn this feature off for these screens, please help. ...

modifiyin a datawindow in a datawindow
Hi, When I want to modify a datawindow, then it's just dw1.modify() But what do I have to do when I want to modify a datawindow in a datwindow ? I tried : dw1.dw2.modify() but that doesn't work. Anyone can help me out with this ? thanks. Regards, David get the dw via getchild & apply modify In article <4575976f.4dda.1681692777@sybase.com>, David says... > Hi, > When I want to modify a datawindow, then it's just > dw1.modify() > > But what do I have to do when I want to modify a datawindow > in a datwindow ? > I tried : dw...

Web resources about - Reusing Powerbuilder DataWindows - sybase.datawindow.net

Jim O'Neil (@jimoneil) on Twitter

Contact Us - Sybase Inc

热门搜索 - 我的异常网

Top Ranked Articles