Problem with Dates and Access 2000 database

I have a table with a date column (access 2000 database). I
have tried to retrieve the information either on the db
painter and on the dw painter and the column displays this

??/??/0000

If i try to save a new row i get this error:

SQLSTATE =3d 3075
Microsoft JET Database Engine
GUID formado incorrectamente. en la expresi=f3n de consulta
'{d '1981-01-01' }'.

No changes made to database.

INSERT INTO Ejecutivos ( nombres, apellidos, ibm,
fechaNacimiento, idprofesionmedia, universidad,
universidadanio, idpostgrado, postgradouniversidad,
postgradoanio, idestadocivil, puestoactual, empresalaboral,
vicepresidencia, gerencia, departamento, seccion ) VALUES (
'Carlos', 'Lone', 559, {d '1981-01-01' }, 1, 1, 2004, 1, 1,
2006, 1, 1, 402, 2001, 19, 8, 4 )

Any ideas to solve this issue?

Regards
0
Carlos

Problem on accessing Microsoft Access Database from ASP.NET
Hi, I got a problem on connecting the web application using ASP.NET with MS Access. Suppose, i hav a databse located on C:\test\test.mdb (I used Microsoft Access 2003). Then the connection string should be: "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0; Data Source=C:\test\test.mdb" When i compiled and run it, it said "Don't have permission to view the database" or "The Database is open exclusively by other user", Why is that happen? Do i need any security setting on the database or maybe there is something else that i should do? Please, I need your assis...

Date problem with asp.net and access
Hi All!  I have been using access database with asp.net pages. I just realized a problem with date saving in access table. I didnt give any specific format for the date when saved in tables, because I wanted to control the date formats from another page, what ever type selected, the date should be displayed in that format, US, UK, short date etc etc.  Now I realized that if the day is less then 12, the date is saved in dd/mm/yyyy while it is saved in mm/dd/yyyy format once the date is greator then 12 for a specific month.  I try to format it from within asp.net using the fo...

asp.net and access database problem
when an asp.net application opens a connection to a database but the code hangs( because of an error) before it reaches the code to close the connection it causes me to lose all administration rights to my database (cant make changes because query is bound to the database) can anyone tell me how to resolve this problem(any way to terminate the query) without restarting the server it would be a great help You can save the session information includes login info by using STATESERVER in Web.config BUT by using this setting, your appl performance will rather slow COMPARE to set as IN-PROC j...

Problem in accessing access database
Hi  I am establishing connection with MS access. MS Access Database is placed in the same directory as the project.Connection string is " "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=testdb.mdb"   But I am getting the error  the file "testdb.mdb" not found   Can anyone please tell me what is wrong with the connection string Regards KaranRegardsKaran GuptaFor .net,Javascript and Sql server articles and interview question visithttp://guptakaran21.googlepages.com/main Try putting the DB in the APP_Data folder or changing 'testdb.mdb&#...

Problems accessing access database
Running netware 6.1 with SP1A. When several users access the access database the second user tries to open you will receive a message that says there is a table that is exclusivly open by another user, so we can not open the document. How to make it work with databases. Is it possible that you are using an 4.90SP1 client? If yes, you should use 4.90SP1a instead -- Marcel (using XanaNews 1.16.1.6) I can resist everything but temptation >Running netware 6.1 with SP1A. Actually 6.5 I suspect. -- Andrew C Taubman Novell Support Forums Volunteer SysOp http://sup...

Problems with inserting date into the database on asp.net
Hello Everyone, can someone please explain to me why i am getting this error and probably a solution to it that works. I've got two scenarios where i am struggling with inserting date into my database. Scenario 1: Register Event I am trying to insert the current date into a database table with a datetime data type so that the user does not have to do it explicitly but am getting an error...conversion of a char data type to a datetime data type resulted in an out-of-range datetime value Here is my code.....  protected void RegisterGroup(object sender, EventArgs e) { //build c...

Problems in connecting to Access database with ASP.NET
Hello All, In Asp.net Web application, when I tried to fill a Datagrid web control with a microsoft Data Access File(.mdb), I am facing following error: “ The Microsoft Jet database engine cannot open the file 'C:\code\Database\mydatabase.mdb'. It is already opened exclusively by another user, or you need permission to view its data."  The code is at page load event as follows: private void Page_Load(object sender, System.EventArgs e) Line 29:  { Line 30:             // Put user cod...

Different date from my asp.net to Access database?
When I tried to insert 1/1/2007 from my asp.net web application to access database, I found that date in my access database is 1/1/1464. What's the problem? Data type for that field is Date/Time. Pls help me, thanks. 1/1/1464---this is the first date supported by Access .......this means the value thats going in your database is NULL......paste the code of datasource & control inserting the dataLet the game begin!!Barcode image generation made easy.Writing an ActiveX Control in C#Generating Relational Data From XML Datatype -Part 1Generating Relational Data From XML Datatype -Part 2Dyn...

ASP.Net on Window server 2000
Hi I have problem in configuring my web project on Window server 2000. I have created the web application using Visual Studio 2005 tools. I have configured Window server 2000 with the .Net Framework Version 2.0. I can access the page which doesn't have database access. The connection string in the web config file is giving me the problem that connection string can't be found. Does any one have any idea? My database connection string looks like this. <connectionStrings> <add name="etzAusBldConnectionString" connectionString="Data Source=CASCADE;Initial Catalog=et...

Problems with Access in Asp.Net IIS open database
I am novice in Visual Studio (Asp.Net). I make a MSDN Tutorial of ASP.NET and use an Access Database (midis.mdb) This database is the same used in my site (http://sml.prolatin.com) maked with Classic ASP and never I had problem in the server or with IIS to run the database but when I try to run the aplication in Visual Studio the error is: "The Microsoft Jet database engine cannot open the file 'C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\WebMidi\midis.mdb'. It is already opened exclusively by another user, or you need permission to view its data." And the database are not open by another user........

Problem with dates in MS Access database
Hello, I have application in PB7.0. This application is connected to MS Access 2000 Database: SQLCA.DBMS = "ODBC" SQLCA.DBParm = "ConnectString='DSN=css_td;UID=;PWD=',Date=' \''dd-mm-yyyy\'' ',DateTime=' \''dd-mm-yyyy hh:MM:ss\'' ',Time=' \''hh:MM:ss\'' '" Connection use MS Access Database Driver version 4.0.6200.00 In application, on each fields with dates, there are edit masks with format 'dd-mm-yyyy'. But there is very big problem with dates during save in...

ASP .net Access Database Unspecified error problem
Hi all, I have an asp.net application with access db backend.  The problem is that sometimes it gives the error: Unspecified error Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.Data.OleDb.OleDbException: Unspecified error when it does a connection.Open().  This exception is randomly thrown as sometimes it works fine. I've been to http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;825738 an...

Access database relative connection string problem in asp.net
I have a CMS running on access database. It is developed using asp.net 2.0. I use the connection string in webconfig as the following and every thing works :<add key="ConnectionString" value="Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=|DataDirectory|cms.mdb;Persist Security Info=False;"/>for the above the database is placed within the APP_Data folder within the site folder structure. Now i would like to create different sites where each site should use the same database, placed in a particular folder out side the site folder structure. thi...

Problems with External Datawindows in Datawindow .Net
Has anyone used an external datawindow within a datastore in a .Net application? We are converting a piece of functionality from PowerBuilder to C# .Net and the routine uses an external datawindow. Since it is an external I didnt do SetTransObject before doing the InsertRow. I simply tried inserting a row into the datastore and a DatawindowNotCreatedException was thrown. Has anyone run into something similar? We are widely using external datawindow. Your error is not concerned with external datawindow. It is concerned with DataWindowControl bad behaviour (it is documented,...

Web resources about - Problem with Dates and Access 2000 database - sybase.datawindow.net

Dodgy database exposes details of 191 million US voters
... years, there's a high chance that your personal details are now out in the wild. Security researcher Chris Vickery found a misconfigured database ...

Database configuration issues expose 191 million voter records
A misconfigured database has led to the disclosure of 191 million voter records. The database, discovered by researcher Chris Vickery, doesn't ...

Botched database leaks records for 191 million voters
... sometime this century? If so, your personal info may be out in the open. Researcher Chris Vickery has discovered that a badly configured database ...

191 Million US Voter Registration Records Leaked In Mystery Database
A huge database of 191 million US citizens is uncovered. But no one knows who carelessly left it open, whilst the FBI have been contacted.