Problem VB.NET 2003 and DataWindows.net

Greetings:
When trying to add manually DataWindows.net 2.0 control to
my Vb.Net 2003 studio I get the following message:
DataWindowInterop.dll is not a Microsoft.Net module

I get the same error when trying to add DataWindow.dll

Can someone advise how to resolve this problem?

Richard

Hello,

I am having the exact same problem. Is it even possible to
use Datawindow 2.0 in Vb.Net 2003? If so what's the trick?

DW .NET installed fine but the controls on the tool box
don't show up. I tried adding DLL's both ways as a .NET and
a COM component but neither worked.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Tony
0
Tony
9/26/2006 3:49:53 AM
DW.Net 2.0 works with VS 2005.  For VS2003 you want DW.Net 1.x.

On 25 Sep 2006 20:15:24 -0700, Richard wrote:

>Greetings:
>When trying to add manually DataWindows.net 2.0 control to
>my Vb.Net 2003 studio I get the following message:
>DataWindowInterop.dll is not a Microsoft.Net module
>
>I get the same error when trying to add DataWindow.dll
>
>Can someone advise how to resolve this problem?
>
>Thanks

0
Bruce
9/26/2006 4:16:53 AM
Thank you for your promptly response. I have looked around
and could not find a link to buy/try DW.NET 1.5.1 or any
other version besides the new DW.Net 2.0, could you point me
in the right direction please?

Tony

> DW.Net 2.0 works with VS 2005.  For VS2003 you want DW.Net
> 1.x.
>
> On 25 Sep 2006 20:15:24 -0700, Richard wrote:
>
> >Greetings:
> >When trying to add manually DataWindows.net 2.0 control
> to >my Vb.Net 2003 studio I get the following message:
> >DataWindowInterop.dll is not a Microsoft.Net module
> >
> >I get the same error when trying to add DataWindow.dll
> >
> >Can someone advise how to resolve this problem?
> >
> >Thanks

0
Tony
9/27/2006 4:32:44 AM
This is the old link for it.  Frankly, I'm not sure if it works
anymore:

http://response.sybase.com/forms/dwnet15eval

On 26 Sep 2006 21:32:44 -0700, Tony wrote:

>Thank you for your promptly response. I have looked around
>and could not find a link to buy/try DW.NET 1.5.1 or any
>other version besides the new DW.Net 2.0, could you point me
>in the right direction please?
>
>Tony
>
>> DW.Net 2.0 works with VS 2005.  For VS2003 you want DW.Net
>> 1.x.
>>
>> On 25 Sep 2006 20:15:24 -0700, Richard wrote:
>>
>> >Greetings:
>> >When trying to add manually DataWindows.net 2.0 control
>> to >my Vb.Net 2003 studio I get the following message:
>> >DataWindowInterop.dll is not a Microsoft.Net module
>> >
>> >I get the same error when trying to add DataWindow.dll
>> >
>> >Can someone advise how to resolve this problem?
>> >
>> >Thanks

0
Bruce
9/27/2006 12:52:57 PM
It took me to a form which after I filled out and submited
took me to a page 'No longer available'. I guess if I want
to use DW.Net I will need to upgrade to VS.NET 2005,
correct?

Thank you for all your help.

Tony

> This is the old link for it.  Frankly, I'm not sure if it
> works anymore:
>
> http://response.sybase.com/forms/dwnet15eval
>
> On 26 Sep 2006 21:32:44 -0700, Tony wrote:
>
> >Thank you for your promptly response. I have looked
> around >and could not find a link to buy/try DW.NET 1.5.1
> or any >other version besides the new DW.Net 2.0, could
> you point me >in the right direction please?
> >
> >Tony
> >
> >> DW.Net 2.0 works with VS 2005.  For VS2003 you want
> DW.Net >> 1.x.

> control >> to >my Vb.Net 2003 studio I get the following
> message: >> >DataWindowInterop.dll is not a Microsoft.Net
> module >> >

0
Tony
9/27/2006 11:55:45 PM
It took me to a form which after I filled out and submited
took me to a page 'No longer available'. I guess if I want
to use DW.Net I will need to upgrade to VS.NET 2005,
correct?

Thank you for all your help.

Tony

> This is the old link for it.  Frankly, I'm not sure if it
> works anymore:
>
> http://response.sybase.com/forms/dwnet15eval
>
> On 26 Sep 2006 21:32:44 -0700, Tony wrote:
>
> >Thank you for your promptly response. I have looked
> around >and could not find a link to buy/try DW.NET 1.5.1
> or any >other version besides the new DW.Net 2.0, could
> you point me >in the right direction please?
> >
> >Tony
> >
> >> DW.Net 2.0 works with VS 2005.  For VS2003 you want
> DW.Net >> 1.x.

> control >> to >my Vb.Net 2003 studio I get the following
> message: >> >DataWindowInterop.dll is not a Microsoft.Net
> module >> >

0
Tony
9/27/2006 11:55:46 PM
It took me to a form which after I filled out and submited
took me to a page 'No longer available'. I guess if I want
to use DW.Net I will need to upgrade to VS.NET 2005,
correct?

Thank you for all your help.

Tony

> This is the old link for it.  Frankly, I'm not sure if it
> works anymore:
>
> http://response.sybase.com/forms/dwnet15eval
>
> On 26 Sep 2006 21:32:44 -0700, Tony wrote:
>
> >Thank you for your promptly response. I have looked
> around >and could not find a link to buy/try DW.NET 1.5.1
> or any >other version besides the new DW.Net 2.0, could
> you point me >in the right direction please?
> >
> >Tony
> >
> >> DW.Net 2.0 works with VS 2005.  For VS2003 you want
> DW.Net >> 1.x.

> control >> to >my Vb.Net 2003 studio I get the following
> message: >> >DataWindowInterop.dll is not a Microsoft.Net
> module >> >

0
Tony

ASP.NET VB.NET to VB.NET Executable
Forgive me if this is the wrong place to post. I could not find a more suitable section. I have several ASP.NET (using VB.NET) web pages that I have to convert to VB.NET executables. Can someone recommend a roadmap? Is this a huge task? Is it more manageable with the .NET platform? Thanks. the roadmap is to move as much code as possible out of the GUI into codebehind, and get GUI code out of code-behind. then move as much as possible into library assemblies and/or Webservices. then use the Visual Studio editor to drag and drop your new winapp gui, and easily plug in the back end....

upgrading vb.net to vb.net 2003 crystal report viewer problem.
I have a vb.net web. app that has several pages each with a different crystal report on it. It works perfectly under vb.net. I've since installed vb.net 2003. After I open the solution in 2003 & it does its upgrade, all of the crystal report viewer controls are corrupted. If I try to run it as is I get the following error: "The base class includes the field 'myname' but its type (CrystalDecisions.Web.CrystalReportViewer) is not compatible with the type of control(CrystalDecisions.Web.CrystalReportViewer). So I tried deleting the control and adding back on. & when I ru...

Datawindow.Net in ASP.Net
It is a Power builder to ASP.Net migration project. As per my analysis, the PBL should be mapped to the datawindow.net control to get the functionality of the existing PB datawindow and can convert the PB code to .net code. Please correct me if i'm wrong. I would like to know whether we can use datawindow.net control without PBL just like datagrid. In datagrid we could bind the dataset as a datasource and populate the records. Is this possible using datawindow.net? Datawindow is nothing but it stores queries/stored proecedures. Incase i want to change the queries after mi...

ado.net or/and datawindow.net
Hi, Can datawindow.net work with Sybase's ado.net or are they not compatible with each other. We have two separate groups of developers, one group develops web apps using ASE as the back end for the data, so they use a combination of Visual Studio ..NET and Sybase's ado.net to do their work. We have another group that develops client/server apps using Powerbuilder, but since 80% of their work is in writting reports using Powerbuilder, I was wondering if they could use a combination of datawindow.net and ado.net to put make these reports available on the web through ...

ASp.NET and VB.NET and VS.NET 2003 crystal report
hi..i managed to do the crystal report thing.. but i haveone problem.... i get this error whlie i try to run the app. : Server Error in '/Report' Application. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Logon failed. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.LogOnException: Logon failed. Source Error: An unhandled exc...

Datawindow .NET / VS 2003 / .NET Framework 1.1
Good day. I wish to ask if it would be possible to utilize Datawindow.NET in our Development environment of VS2003 / MS .NET Framework 1.1 in a WIndows 2000 Operating System. Thanks. AFAIK, only the DW.Net 1.x version supported VS2003 / .Net 1.x. I don't believe that version is available anymore. On 21 Feb 2007 01:47:13 -0800, Angelo wrote: >Good day. > >I wish to ask if it would be possible to utilize >Datawindow.NET in our Development environment of VS2003 / MS >NET Framework 1.1 in a WIndows 2000 Operating System. >Thanks. Thanks a lot for ...

Problem with datagrid in ASP.Net using VB.Net 2003?
I have four columns in datagrid - Channel no., Phone no., Call type, Duration.Now there are 64 channel nos and respective 64 phone nos.When my page is open I used to fill these 64 Channels and phone nos into that datagrid.Now if receiver of one of the phone is picked up I will receive data at winsock.Now if that data is coming from channel no 7 and phone no. 25, then I to set the value of Call type and duration in front of them.How to do this?I mean at start I fill those channel nos and phone nos from a database table using one datatable called dtChPhone.Now I got data in the event - Private...

Problems with External Datawindows in Datawindow .Net
Has anyone used an external datawindow within a datastore in a .Net application? We are converting a piece of functionality from PowerBuilder to C# .Net and the routine uses an external datawindow. Since it is an external I didnt do SetTransObject before doing the InsertRow. I simply tried inserting a row into the datastore and a DatawindowNotCreatedException was thrown. Has anyone run into something similar? We are widely using external datawindow. Your error is not concerned with external datawindow. It is concerned with DataWindowControl bad behaviour (it is documented,...

MS Visual Studio.net ASP.NET VB.NET-App. charset problem
Hi, this is my problem. I write the code for my asp.net web form in HTML view in Cyrillic charset, but in the Internet Explorer I get strange letters. Is there anything that I suppose to do to get my Cyrillic character texts? Help me,please Fore, thank you very much Vuchko...

Upgrade VB.net 2002 to VB.net 2003
Hi, i want to upgrade VB.net 2002 to VB.net 2003.what is the procedure?Uninstall 2002 and Install 2003 or something else? VB.net 2003 includes Framework 1.1 or i will install it separately?thanx in advance ...

port a vb.net app to asp.net / vb.net instatiation
Hi, this might sound a stupid question , but here it goes :  is it possible to port a vb.net application to asp.net ? (of course i dont mean rewriting the application and manually moving the vb.net code to the code behind of the aspx page). Another question is if i can instatiate a vb.control or form from within an aspx page. Thx in advance theodore Certain of the Winform controls can be hosted within an ASPX page provided Internet explorer is used, but that still would require a lot of rewriting.Don't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you.Thi...

Visual Studio.NET 2003/ASP.NET(VB.NET) Calendar control abnormal behaviour
I have a webform which has a button to display the calendar control.  once the user select a date in the calendar, the following code inputs the date to a textbox.  TxtboxWRStart.Text = CalWRStart.SelectedDate.ToShortDateString()  it works perfectly (almost!), but sometimes, I have seent it acting funnily.  instead dd/mm/yy, it shows the date format in the textbox as US Format which is mm/dd/yy.  it happens once in a while.  I am having mulitiple text boxes and i just use the same calendar control but i clear the dates by following code once t...

DataWindow .NET for Windows CE .NET
It is possible to use DataWindow .NET for Windows CE .NET? When I create a Smart Device Application project for Visual C#, I can't see the Datawindow .NET controls (DW control, Datastore,...). ...