No DataWindows .Net Tab in Visual Studio .Net

Can anyone point me in the right direction.  I've installed
DataWindows .Net on a machine already running Visual Studio
.Net 2003 (Windows XP Pro).  No Errors or complaints during
the installation.  There is no DataWindow .Net Tab in the
Tools window in .Net.....trying to Add Components....No
Sybase Datawindows .Net components are available for Adding.
 The DataWindow Designer works Fine.  Also have PowerBuilder
8.0 on the same machine and that works fine as well.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
0
Bryan

Try running the dwtoolboxreg.exe and/or when you go to Add Components,
browse to datawindow.dll and you should see the components added.

On 30 Dec 2004 13:30:51 -0800, Bryan Jones wrote:

>Can anyone point me in the right direction.  I've installed
>DataWindows .Net on a machine already running Visual Studio
>Net 2003 (Windows XP Pro).  No Errors or complaints during
>the installation.  There is no DataWindow .Net Tab in the
>Tools window in .Net.....trying to Add Components....No
>Sybase Datawindows .Net components are available for Adding.
> The DataWindow Designer works Fine.  Also have PowerBuilder
>8.0 on the same machine and that works fine as well.
>
>Any suggestions would be appreciated.

0
Jim
12/31/2004 5:29:10 AM
Tried the dwtooboxreg as described in the documentation
without any noticeable effect...your suggestion to browse
for datawindow.dll worked fine....thanks for your help!
> Try running the dwtoolboxreg.exe and/or when you go to Add
> Components, browse to datawindow.dll and you should see
> the components added.
>
> On 30 Dec 2004 13:30:51 -0800, Bryan Jones wrote:
>
> >Can anyone point me in the right direction.  I've
> installed >DataWindows .Net on a machine already running
> Visual Studio >Net 2003 (Windows XP Pro).  No Errors or
> complaints during >the installation.  There is no
> DataWindow .Net Tab in the >Tools window in
> Net.....trying to Add Components....No >Sybase Datawindows
> > .Net components are available for Adding. The DataWindow
> Designer works Fine.  Also have PowerBuilder >8.0 on the
> same machine and that works fine as well. >
> >Any suggestions would be appreciated.

0
Bryan
12/31/2004 9:39:56 PM
Well....I THOUGHT it worked fine.  I could see the DataStore
and Transaction Objects added to the toolbox, but the
Datawindow object was/is greyed out and inaccessible.

Uninstalled everything (DW .NET) and re-installed.

Same results.  Cannot add a Datawindow object to my project.
 Anything else I could be missing?

> Try running the dwtoolboxreg.exe and/or when you go to Add
> Components, browse to datawindow.dll and you should see
> the components added.
>
> On 30 Dec 2004 13:30:51 -0800, Bryan Jones wrote:
>
> >Can anyone point me in the right direction.  I've
> installed >DataWindows .Net on a machine already running
> Visual Studio >Net 2003 (Windows XP Pro).  No Errors or
> complaints during >the installation.  There is no
> DataWindow .Net Tab in the >Tools window in
> Net.....trying to Add Components....No >Sybase Datawindows
> > .Net components are available for Adding. The DataWindow
> Designer works Fine.  Also have PowerBuilder >8.0 on the
> same machine and that works fine as well. >
> >Any suggestions would be appreciated.

0
Bryan
1/2/2005 8:31:51 PM
DW.NET 1.0 - right?  I'm guessing you are trying to use it on a Web
form, and 1.0 supports only Windows Forms.  1.5 currently in beta
provides Web Forms functionality.

On 2 Jan 2005 12:31:51 -0800, Bryan Jones wrote:

>Well....I THOUGHT it worked fine.  I could see the DataStore
>and Transaction Objects added to the toolbox, but the
>Datawindow object was/is greyed out and inaccessible.
>
>Uninstalled everything (DW .NET) and re-installed.
>
>Same results.  Cannot add a Datawindow object to my project.
> Anything else I could be missing?
>
>> Try running the dwtoolboxreg.exe and/or when you go to Add
>> Components, browse to datawindow.dll and you should see
>> the components added.
>>
>> On 30 Dec 2004 13:30:51 -0800, Bryan Jones wrote:
>>
>> >Can anyone point me in the right direction.  I've
>> installed >DataWindows .Net on a machine already running
>> Visual Studio >Net 2003 (Windows XP Pro).  No Errors or
>> complaints during >the installation.  There is no
>> DataWindow .Net Tab in the >Tools window in
>> Net.....trying to Add Components....No >Sybase Datawindows
>> > .Net components are available for Adding. The DataWindow
>> Designer works Fine.  Also have PowerBuilder >8.0 on the
>> same machine and that works fine as well. >
>> >Any suggestions would be appreciated.

0
Jim

Migration of ASP.NET project from Visual Studio.net 2003 to Visual Studio .net 2008
Migration of ASP.NET project from  Visual Studio.net 2003 to Visual Studio .net 2008:      Hi,        I am in the process of migrating the projects developed in Visual Studio .net 2003  to Visual Studio .net 2008. I use the following steps to do the conversion: 1.I create a local copy of the project developed in .net 2003 from source safe. 2.I remove the bindings of the newly created local copy  of the project from sourcesafe. 3.Open VS.net 2008,go to File -Open project/Solution and open the solution file of the proje...

DataWindow.NET 2.5 + Visual Studio 2008 + ASP.NET web application
DataWindow.NET Designer is a Sybase's Tool to build .NET web applications. http://www.sybase.com/products/development/datawindownet There is stand alone version of Clinet-Server application developed using Sybase products PowerBuilder and DataWindow Designer. Current requirement is to Develop a web based application using existing DataWindow.NET controls by importing themon ASP.NET webforms. Visual Studio 2008 and DataWindow.NET 2.5 products are installed, DataWindow.NET control appears in VS-2008 ToolBox. I think DataWindow.NET is quite similar to other Server side controls in ASP.N...

ado.net or/and datawindow.net
Hi, Can datawindow.net work with Sybase's ado.net or are they not compatible with each other. We have two separate groups of developers, one group develops web apps using ASE as the back end for the data, so they use a combination of Visual Studio ..NET and Sybase's ado.net to do their work. We have another group that develops client/server apps using Powerbuilder, but since 80% of their work is in writting reports using Powerbuilder, I was wondering if they could use a combination of datawindow.net and ado.net to put make these reports available on the web through ...

Datawindow.Net in ASP.Net
It is a Power builder to ASP.Net migration project. As per my analysis, the PBL should be mapped to the datawindow.net control to get the functionality of the existing PB datawindow and can convert the PB code to .net code. Please correct me if i'm wrong. I would like to know whether we can use datawindow.net control without PBL just like datagrid. In datagrid we could bind the dataset as a datasource and populate the records. Is this possible using datawindow.net? Datawindow is nothing but it stores queries/stored proecedures. Incase i want to change the queries after mi...

Visual Studio .Net? Visual Basic .Net?

Visual Basic.NET or Visual Studio.NET?

MS Visual Studio.net ASP.NET VB.NET-App. charset problem
Hi, this is my problem. I write the code for my asp.net web form in HTML view in Cyrillic charset, but in the Internet Explorer I get strange letters. Is there anything that I suppose to do to get my Cyrillic character texts? Help me,please Fore, thank you very much Vuchko...

Visual C#.Net vs Visual Studio.Net
I have read in other posts a lot of people recommending Visual Studio.Net over the Web Matrix. My query is: why is there a £700 difference between VS.Net and Visual C#.Net? As a c# developer, I won't need any VB functionality. I also don't require Visual Source Safe, as projects are generally small and manageable. What features are lacking in Visual c#.net that justifies the price difference? Does it have Intellisense / Dubuggers / Compilers? These are the features that would make me pay for it instead of continuing with WM, but I need to know if tehre is serious functionality missin...

Visual Studio.NET 2003/ASP.NET(VB.NET) Calendar control abnormal behaviour
I have a webform which has a button to display the calendar control.  once the user select a date in the calendar, the following code inputs the date to a textbox.  TxtboxWRStart.Text = CalWRStart.SelectedDate.ToShortDateString()  it works perfectly (almost!), but sometimes, I have seent it acting funnily.  instead dd/mm/yy, it shows the date format in the textbox as US Format which is mm/dd/yy.  it happens once in a while.  I am having mulitiple text boxes and i just use the same calendar control but i clear the dates by following code once t...

Web resources about - No DataWindows .Net Tab in Visual Studio .Net - sybase.datawindow.net

Intelligent Versus Surrogate Keys

chevy volt

Java Networking - Real's HowTo