Migrate from PB 9 to PB 8

I have some datawindows created in PB 9. I want to put them
in PB 8's application. Does anyone know how to do it?

Thanks a lot
0
Joe

Please post this question in the PowerBuilder.DataWindow newsgroup.
This group is for DataWindow .NET questions and issues.

Regards,
Dave Fish
Sybase

DataWindow .NET Webcast December 16, 2004:
www.customermining.com/Sybase/NETRegPage.html

TeamSybase blogs: http://www.teamsybase.net/blogs

DataWindow.NET code examples available on CodeXchange:
http://datawindownet.codexchange.sybase.com

On 16 Dec 2004 14:48:53 -0800, Joe wrote:

>I have some datawindows created in PB 9. I want to put them
>in PB 8's application. Does anyone know how to do it?
>
>Thanks a lot

0
dfish

PB crashes while migrating pb application from PB 8.0 to 9.0
Hi, I am trying migrate a pb application from PB 8.0 to 9.0. It crashes while rebuilding for migration. Is there anything needs to be taken care before the migrating it to pb 9.0 ? Thanks, Mohan Same as any other version: - backup - optimize all PBLs - run Migration Assistant in destination version; try to deal with as much as possible in original version - full build, with information and warning messages turned on, so you know which messages after migration aren't new - backup, backup, backup - migrate - if it crashes, try again and watch messages to see if you ca...

How to Handel PB Native Source Control When Migrating from PB 8 to PB 9
Is there a special process for migrating and preserving PB Native Source Control History? We are migrating from PB 8 under PB Native Source Control to PB 9. Our plan is to setup a seperate PB 9 machine. Then, checkout all our PB 8 objects on the source machine and copy them over to the PB 9 machine for migration. Once we get a clean build on the PB 9 machine, we would check all the objects back in. Is this the correct way to do it? Thanks, Bob Olsen There should be no need to check the objects out before the migration. I would: - Create a new Local Root Folder for the P...

PB 8 to PB 9 migration question
I am getting an error when I close down an application that I just migrated from PB 8 to PB 9. Details from the Microsoft error report state that the module is pbdwe90.dll, the version is 9.0.0.5507 and the offset is 00002ca2. This app worked fine in PB 8. Multiple instances of user objects are being destroyed in the close process of the application. Based on some information that I read on the Sybase site, I thought that there might be a chance that upgrading to 9.0.2 might solve the problem since it looked like others had experienced similar problems with 9.0 when memory was b...

Datawindow Issue while migrating from PB 8 to PB 10
Hi I am looking for migrating application from PB 8 to PB 10. While doing so I am facing a problem with the border property of datawindow object, could we display border for datawindow columns as 3D lowered in PB 10. I have tried but could get a display like a web application. Anybody has any idea about this issue. Uncheck the "New Visual Style Controls" checkbox in the Project painter the next time you compile your app. <Prashant Shirudkar> wrote in message news:49119474.50de.1681692777@sybase.com... > Hi I am looking for migrating application from PB 8 to ...

Datawindow problems when migrating from PB 7.03 to PB 9
We are using PB 7.03 with MSSQL 2000 We are currently doing some tests prior migrating all our applications. I successfully migrate one application but at the run time some reports (datawindow) show me erronous information. We found that the datawindows that are not working correctly contains some outer joins and 3 or more tables (If a dw have only 2 tables with some outer joins, it's working fine) In PB 9 when we create datawindows with outer joins, PB put them in the FROM section of the SQL. In PB 7 it put them in the WHERE section. I think I will need to change t...

PB 8 to PB 9
Hi, We have both PB 8 and PB 9. Our program is written by PB 8, is it possible to convert it to PB 9. If yes, are there anythings which exists in PB 8 but is obsoleted in PB 9? Also, I would like to perform Spell checking function in PB 8, are there any function I can use? Thanks Lai Open a copy of it in PB9 and it will migrate it for you. There's nothing important I can remember that got depreceated in PB9. There is no build in spell check in PB8 or PB9. However there are third party controls, and you can always use OLE to talk to Word and let it do the spell ch...

PB 8 or PB 9??
We are currently at PB 7 and are wanting to migrate to either the latest release of PB 8 or to PB 9 sometime 3rd quarter 2003. A few questions: 1. Is PB 9 out for General Availability yet? I'm finding conflicting information. 2. What is the latest release of PB 8 and is it stable? Any major problems/issues with it? We're just using PB for maintaining existing PB client/server apps. 3. Can PB be used on Windows XP or Windows 2003? Any help would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks! Peggy Klinger FirstEnergy Corp. Akron, OH USA 1. Yes PB 9 is GA. 2. Not s...

PB Datawindow to DataWindow .Net Migration
We have a datawindows in PB 9 and PB 11 also. Now we are planing move to .Net Applications. We are generating all PB objects in to .Net(C#) except data windows. Now we are planing to move PB datawindows to DataWindow .Net 2.5. Can you please explaing the way to convert/migrate PB Datawindows to DataWindow .Net 2.5. Advanced thanks for your suggesstions. Thank You, Chaithu Start the Datawindow Designer applet and create a new Project. Then use the Import... feature to import the datawindow source .SRD files. These can be exported from PowerBuilder. -- Paul Horan[Sybase] ...

Migrate/Upgrade from PB 5.0.xx to PB 8.0/9.0
Hi, I am having the PB 5.0.xx Applications running on my pc at this moment. I have to Migrate/Upgrade them to PB 8/9. What is the best way to get this? Can any one give me some guidance on this? Thanks for your Help in Advance Regards Migrating: - Backup - Optimize in PB5 - Full Rebuild in PB5, with Information and Warning messages turned on - Backup, send it offside - Run Migration Assistant (File / New / Tools in PB8/9) - Fix the identified issues using PB5 <doublechecking> - Optimize in PB5 - Full Rebuild in PB5, with Information and Warning messages t...

Migration from PB 6 TO PB 8
Are there any technical documents out there that I can use for this migration? I would like to know what pitfalls I need to look out for. Any document on Migration to PB 8 would be helpful. Thanks. It doesn't seem like there's a central place that lists things to watch out for, specially bugs in the new release. Last month, I sent a question asking the following but never got any answer. Sharing what I've encountered so far that are bugs in PB 8. After you migrate, you might want to check the following areas in your GUI. Is there a central location where I can r...

Migration from PB 7 to PB 9
We have been using PB 7 for quite some time. Lately one of our larger databases has been getting 'out of memory' errors during a retrieve a data window in our current application. Would upgrading to PB 9 prevent this? In addition, does PB 9 increase response times via ODBC (sql server) v. PB 7? Many thanks. Joe; Make sure that the application's client machine is really running out of memory. May be it's referring to "Out of System Resources". What version of MS-Windows are you using? If you are running out of memory, it may also be due to a low O/...

PB 9 to PB 10 migration
Hi, There seem to be a number of threads on this previously, but having read them I'm still not having any success. I've taken a copy of my app, our corporate later, and the PFC 10 pbls. I then migrate the target. (I've tried with and without the "convert DBCS" option). The migration completes okay, but when I run the app, I get "Cannot assign object of type n_cst_platformunicode to object of type n_cst_platformwin32... in function f_setplatform()..." Now, this sounds similar but perhaps not entirely the same as other peoples issues. Compari...

Migrating from PB 5 to PB 8
Hi, What are the steps to migrate from PB 5 to PB 8 and from PB Server Component to EA Server? Thanks. Migrating: - Backup - Backup, send it offside - Backup - Optimize in PB5 - Full Rebuild in PB5, with Information and Warning messages turned on - Run Migration Assistant (File / New / Tools) - Fix the identified issues in PB5 <doublechecking> - Optimize in PB5 - Full Rebuild in PB5, with Information and Warning messages turned on - Run Migration Assistant (File / New / Tools) </doublechecking> - File / New / Workspace in PB8 - File / New / Target / Existing Appl...

Migrating from PB 8 to PB 11
Currently we are using PB 8.0.4 and want to migrate to PB 11. Is it possible? Thank you. It should be mostly automatic - open a copy of your pbls in PB11 and watch the wizard work. I emphasize *copy* because while migration seldom fails, when it does the damage is not reversable. The biggest change that may cause headaches is that PB10 and above are unicode - this may affect API calls among other things. Excellent migration guide and features list at www.techno-kitten.com "magotici" <magotici@labstat.com> wrote in message news:471cedc2@forums-1-dub... &...

Web resources about - Migrate from PB 9 to PB 8 - sybase.datawindow.net

1-800-Flowers Becomes the First Client to Migrate to Facebook’s Revamped Atlas Ad Platform
... platform , which Facebook announced at Advertising Week 2014 in New York at the end of September, has its first client, as 1-800-Flowers migrated ...

Facebook Migrates 400,000 Users to Fans of Apple’s Page
While Facebook has been turning up the marketing on businesses and brand owners to create Facebook Pages, one feature of Pages that is less well ...

Why, when and how to migrate to Windows 8 - Windows 8 migration, Windows 8 deployment, Windows 8, Windows ...
Windows 8 machines are coming out sometime this fall, but that doesn't mean businesses should shift to panic mode to upgrade their corporate ...

'You don't migrate to this country unless you want to join our team': Tony Abbott renews push on national ...
Prime Minister Tony Abbott has elaborated on his "Team Australia" remarks, telling a radio interview that "you don't migrate to this country ...

Tony Abbott's woman problem migrates to his ministry
Tony Abbott is having women trouble. It's nothing he said, mind.

Doctors and Nurses From Poor Countries Migrate To Rich Ones
Australia has saved almost $640 million by poaching doctors from some of the poorest countries in Africa.

ISIS recruitment video Join the Ranks urges Indonesian Muslims to migrate to the Islamic State
A video released by the terrorist group shows Indonesian men urging Muslims to wage join the jihad.

Polar bears migrate to Canadian Arctic for longer lasting ice: study
Some polar bear clusters have slowly moved to islands north of Canada's mainland that are retaining the Arctic ice for longer, according to a ...

Apple now allows developer MobileMe users to migrate their accounts to iCloud
As promised, Apple has opened up a new portal at me.com/move for developers that the MobileMe service to migrate their entire account over to ...

Verizon Explains the Real Reason Geese Migrate
... In the new spot for Verizon we learn that geese hate buffering (and they have cell phones). To escape the dreaded "dead zone," the flock migrates ...