Lines Display Limit DDDW ASP.Net 2.0 & Datawindow.Net 2.0

I have a simple data entry form in ASP.net. The form has two
dddw. One points at a file with about 200 records to choose
from. When you view the form on a Web page and pull down the
DDDW, it runs past the end of the page. The scroll bar in
the Browser shows up on the side, but when you attempt to
scroll the browser, the DDDW field looses focus and the list
collapses.
I limited the DDDW to 10 lines, but that appears to be being
ignored. I have all of the features turned on or True,
except display only in the Behavior group.
This problem, really makes the Datawindow unusable.
I ran into a similar problem with Tabular datawindows not
remaining within the size of the control size. The original
DDDW was of a tabular presentation style, so I recreated the
lookup (DDDW) using the Grid style and it failed to stop at
10 lines.
I have another DDDW on a form that does behave properly. The
only difference that I can see is that it parent form is a
Grid presentation style, not free form presentation style.
When the dddw is on a Grid form it works properly and stops
at the number of lines. If the DDDW is on a Free Form or
Tabular presentation style, it does not work.
Switching this form from Free Form Presentation Style to
Grid, simply does not work for the data I'm presenting. Any
thoughts on why this is not behaving properly.
Regards,
0
Joseph
7/13/2006 3:42:19 PM
📁 sybase.datawindow.net
📃 2302 articles.
⭐ 0 followers.

💬 1 Replies
👁️‍🗨️ 949 Views

BTW: I also found that it renders properly when viewing
through Mozella Firefox, but Not with Internet Explorer.
> I have a simple data entry form in ASP.net. The form has
> two dddw. One points at a file with about 200 records to
> choose from. When you view the form on a Web page and pull
> down the DDDW, it runs past the end of the page. The
> scroll bar in the Browser shows up on the side, but when
> you attempt to scroll the browser, the DDDW field looses
> focus and the list collapses.
>
> I limited the DDDW to 10 lines, but that appears to be
> being ignored. I have all of the features turned on or
> True, except display only in the Behavior group.
>
> This problem, really makes the Datawindow unusable.
>
> I ran into a similar problem with Tabular datawindows not
> remaining within the size of the control size. The
> original DDDW was of a tabular presentation style, so I
> recreated the lookup (DDDW) using the Grid style and it
> failed to stop at 10 lines.
>
> I have another DDDW on a form that does behave properly.
> The only difference that I can see is that it parent form
> is a Grid presentation style, not free form presentation
> style. When the dddw is on a Grid form it works properly
> and stops at the number of lines. If the DDDW is on a Free
> Form or Tabular presentation style, it does not work.
>
> Switching this form from Free Form Presentation Style to
> Grid, simply does not work for the data I'm presenting.
> Any thoughts on why this is not behaving properly.
>
> Regards,
0
Joseph