Lines Display Limit DDDW ASP.Net 2.0 & Datawindow.Net 2.0

I have a simple data entry form in ASP.net. The form has two
dddw. One points at a file with about 200 records to choose
from. When you view the form on a Web page and pull down the
DDDW, it runs past the end of the page. The scroll bar in
the Browser shows up on the side, but when you attempt to
scroll the browser, the DDDW field looses focus and the list
collapses.

I limited the DDDW to 10 lines, but that appears to be being
ignored. I have all of the features turned on or True,
except display only in the Behavior group.

This problem, really makes the Datawindow unusable.

I ran into a similar problem with Tabular datawindows not
remaining within the size of the control size. The original
DDDW was of a tabular presentation style, so I recreated the
lookup (DDDW) using the Grid style and it failed to stop at
10 lines.

I have another DDDW on a form that does behave properly. The
only difference that I can see is that it parent form is a
Grid presentation style, not free form presentation style.
When the dddw is on a Grid form it works properly and stops
at the number of lines. If the DDDW is on a Free Form or
Tabular presentation style, it does not work.

Switching this form from Free Form Presentation Style to
Grid, simply does not work for the data I'm presenting. Any
thoughts on why this is not behaving properly.

Regards,
0
Joseph

BTW: I also found that it renders properly when viewing
through Mozella Firefox, but Not with Internet Explorer.

> I have a simple data entry form in ASP.net. The form has
> two dddw. One points at a file with about 200 records to
> choose from. When you view the form on a Web page and pull
> down the DDDW, it runs past the end of the page. The
> scroll bar in the Browser shows up on the side, but when
> you attempt to scroll the browser, the DDDW field looses
> focus and the list collapses.
>
> I limited the DDDW to 10 lines, but that appears to be
> being ignored. I have all of the features turned on or
> True, except display only in the Behavior group.
>
> This problem, really makes the Datawindow unusable.
>
> I ran into a similar problem with Tabular datawindows not
> remaining within the size of the control size. The
> original DDDW was of a tabular presentation style, so I
> recreated the lookup (DDDW) using the Grid style and it
> failed to stop at 10 lines.
>
> I have another DDDW on a form that does behave properly.
> The only difference that I can see is that it parent form
> is a Grid presentation style, not free form presentation
> style. When the dddw is on a Grid form it works properly
> and stops at the number of lines. If the DDDW is on a Free
> Form or Tabular presentation style, it does not work.
>
> Switching this form from Free Form Presentation Style to
> Grid, simply does not work for the data I'm presenting.
> Any thoughts on why this is not behaving properly.
>
> Regards,
0
Joseph

[ASP.Net 2.0]
I'm starting to chage a site to ASP.Net 2.0.  I have a couple of 1.1 DataGrids that I wasn't planning to change over for a while while I learned the new controls.ASP.Net 2.0 doesn't display the (cell) borders of the version 1.1 DataGrids.Is there away to get the borders to display?Thanks,Tinker  T. R. Tinker: ASP.Net 2.0 doesn't display the (cell) borders of the version 1.1 DataGrids. do u mean the designer doesnt display it  or its not displayed in the browser ? i think the New Designer doesnt display the styles and maybe its not displayed until...

Vb.net code in asp.net 2.0: works on hosts win 2003asp.net 2.0 server, crashes on xp asp.net offline workstation
Hi All  Can anyone tell me whats wrong with this code ?  Dim WeeklyRentalMinT as double = txtminrent.text  I 've been using code similar or identical to that since I started experimenting with ASP 3.0 in 2004 its worked every time, yet I now wonder if it contributed to slowing down my apps, we'll the code works on my host server, it worked on my pc when it was running asp.net 1.1, but now that i've upgraaded to asp.net 2.0, i get an error "[FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format.]"  How would you read input from a form tex...

ASP.NET 2.0 AND .NET 2.0
I have a web app that I built using VS.net 2003 and ASP.net 1.1 I would like to start developing my app with ASP.net 2.0. What do I need to do to convert it and will VS.net 2003 support ASP.net 2.0 and .Net 2.0? Thank you for any information on this,Thank youJackxxx Hello. I think that you want have many problems converting from 1.1 to 2.0. Take a look here:http://www.msdn.microsoft.com/asp.net/whidbey/beta2update.aspx I think that besides changing the aspx directive, everythin should work ok (tough i still haven't migrated any web site to version 2 of the platform). Regarding VS 2003...

Page works in windows xp, asp.net 2.0, works in windows 2000 asp.net 1.1, fails windows 2000 asp.net 2.0
Hi All   Pages that work well on  win xp, asp.net2.0, and  win 2000 asp.net 1.1  computers  fails when the wind 2000 asp.net 1,1  computer is upgraded to asp.net 2.0  Many controls such as textboxs , buttons give this error >>>>Error Rendering Control - B1 An unhandled exception has occurred.RegisterForEventValidation can only be called during Render();   <<<<<< Is windows 2000 incompatible with asp.2.0 ? Is the website using the correct version of the framework? (This can be checked from the ASP.NET tab of ...

Problem after host moved my site from ASP.NET 2.0 Beta 2 to an ASP.NET 2.0 server
Hi there,I wonder if you can help.My site has been moved today to a different server an ASP.NET 2.0 host, from one that was a ASP.NET 2.0 Beta 2 host.I can access some of the pages but I can't login. I get Application Error.Also get the same if I try to access the Events page.I'm using SQL Server 2000. I can still access the database through SQL Server 2000 Enterprise Manager.Also I can run the website perfectly when running it from Visual Studio 2005 Beta 2 locally, can see all the members again and Events section works fine.Anyone got any clues to help me to get my club site...

Migrating ASP.NET 2.0 to ASP.NET 2.0 AJAX Extensions
Hi I am developed an ASP.NET 2.0 Application and now i need to implement some AJAX Controls in my Application. I had put the Script Manager in my current page and even Registered/Copied the assembly. ( <%@ Register Assembly="AjaxControlToolkit" Namespace="AjaxControlToolkit" TagPrefix="cc1" %> ) I had used ConfirmButtonExtender and a Button. The Application is running fine but i am not able to do the Confirmation for the Button Click. Please guide me if i had done some mistake... or Is there is any way for migrating the...

Problem on migrating from Asp.Net 2.0 to Asp.Net Ajax Beta 2.0
Respected Sir, I m directly installed AJAXEXTENSION.msi file and successfully run it. I follow your tutorial which has following link : http://ajax.asp.net/docs/tutorials/IntroductionUpdatePanel.aspx I do as mention in tutorial but the problem is that i can't got the advantage of update panel means it refresh hall page. so pls specify that what type of change which i have to do in my application i m waiting someone expert's reply !............. Happy Coding !Warm Regards,Software Engineer,Chintan Kansara....

SQL Command now spits error with asp.net 2.0 beta 2, worked fine with asp.net 2.0 beta 1
TodaysEvents.SelectCommand = "SELECT location = " _ & "CASE WHEN LOCATION IS NULL THEN otherlocation ELSE location " _ & "END, ensemblename, eventid, date FROM events WHERE " _ & "Date = '" & DateTime.Now.ToShortDateString & "' AND isapproved = '1' ORDER BY " _ & "ENSEMBLENAME" Any thoughts? The error message I get is: The text, ntext, and image data types cannot be used in an ORDER BY clause. Hello, this issue has now been resolved. It had nothing to do with beta 2, it was a sql issue. asaf...

C#-ASP.NET 2.0: EXPORT TO EXCEL GETTING ERROR IN ASP.NET 2.0
Hi All, i need to export my dataset values to excel application. i did this by the excel name space. (worksheet and workbook classes). but i am getting the error "Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID {00024500-0000-0000-C000-000000000046} failed due to the following error: 80070005." in the line xlWorkBook = new Excel.Application().Workbooks.Add(Missing.Value); please help me. Thanks in advance. Regards, Dhanasekaran. G Hi, Try replacing Missing.Value with Excel.XlWBATemplate.xlWBATWorksheet. In effect the line should be like this xlWorkBoo...

ASP.NET 1.0 & ASP.NET 2.0 can be run on same machine?
Hi,  On my machine, ASP.NET 1.0 is there. Now I installed ASP.NET 2.0. In ASP.NET 2.0 I am not able to create any Web Application. In file>New>Projects>Visual Basic>....there is no option for ASP.Net web application. What is the problem? Is this related to IIS version or installation problem? Please help me ASAP.   Gauri Try File > New Website instead. By default, VS 2005 comes with a project-less Web site technology, which is why you can't see it with File > New Projects. If you install Service Pack 1, you will be able to create Web Application Projec...

Converted ASP.NET 2.0 Web App starts in ASP.NET 2.0, not 3.X
I've recently downloaded VS 2008, and converted a project from VS2005. This went fine, no issues there. I added a LINQ to SQL class to start playing with LINQ, again, this seems to be fine, and in fact, everything is perfect at design time. However, when i either come to run, or build the site, i get an error saying:  Error 3 Invalid token 'void' in class, struct, or interface member declaration muaddb.designer.cs 30 11 Now, interestingly enough, when i view the site in IE (view page in browser) i get the same error, but the cimpiler version is 2....

Porting an ASP .NET 2.0 web site to an ASP .NET 2.0 with Ajax web site
Hi.I have been developing a project in ASP .NET 2.0, which I am now trying to port to an Ajax web site project. I am using a SQL Server database, and also the login controls - login, loginstatus and loginname. Everything is laid out in panels which are showed and hidden as needed. I found that on porting (steps described below), the new site launches, but it does not behave as expected. For instance, 1. the loginstatus control always shows the user as logged in. Even clicking on it to log out doesnt change to logged out state. 2. the calls I am making to the database are not executing at all...

Does ASP.NET 2.0/.NET 2.0 has TabView form server control
Hi, Please can any one let me konw do we have TabView control in ASP.NET 2.0. Could you give me right articles to do that in ASP.NET 2.0.   I have done TabedForm in Windows application but i havent comeacross in ASP.NET for the past 2 years. But now i have a task to do on TabView form. so, i am really thankfull if you can provide information.  (My company has only .NET 2.0. They dont have Ajax/Atlas and no thired party tools. i am stuck with this. plz help me) Thanks in advance   Dk Are you looking for http://asp.net/ajax/control-toolkit/live/Tabs/Tabs.aspx -yur...

Web resources about - Lines Display Limit DDDW ASP.Net 2.0 & Datawindow.Net 2.0 - sybase.datawindow.net

Intelligent Versus Surrogate Keys

chevy volt

Java Networking - Real's HowTo