Get Name of DW Identity Column (column.identity property requires looping thru all columns)

I need to locate the identity column for a DW.   Only method i see is use of
the columnName.Idenity property - which requires you to traverse all the DW
columns and then look up the identity property for each until one is yes.
Is there a way just to get the identity column directly - or the Primary
Key.

thanks,
Dave

0
DaveRL

As one can see in he syntax, sorry no.

I played around with it this week also as I am using DW.Net2.0 with
DataSets and a DataSet can not create update commands from a SQL
statements where one has 2 tables.

But, now, with the help of DW.Net  it can do it :))

On 12 Feb 2006 13:33:52 -0800, "DaveRL" <drlemieux@comcast.net> wrote:

>I need to locate the identity column for a DW.   Only method i see is use of
>the columnName.Idenity property - which requires you to traverse all the DW
>columns and then look up the identity property for each until one is yes.
>Is there a way just to get the identity column directly - or the Primary
>Key.
>
>thanks,
>Dave

0
Berndt

How can I get the column name of a datawindow column?
I want to get the column name in tablename.columnname format. I have tried to get it using dbname property. However, I found that it work only if the tables in the datawindow are inner join. If the tables in the datawindow are outer join, the dbname only return the columnname and the tablename is missed. Do you have any idea? Charles You could add the name to the select clause or to the tag property. Or you caould check to see if it is a join or not (by seeing if there is a '.' in the column name) if not then get the sql select statment and parse to find the table...

How to get a column property in a datawindow column object expression?
Hi, I have a free style datawindow, I want such expression: columnA.x = IF(columnB.visible, columnB.x + 100, 200) Yes, you can get it in script, but I just want set it in datawindow. Anyone can help? Bo Song soong@188.net Hi Bo, AFAIK, you cannot reference object properties in the expression. That would be nice... -- - Eric Aling [TeamPS], Cypres Informatisering bv, The Netherlands Eric's Home & PB Site @ http://utopia.knoware.nl/users/cypr115 Bo Song <soong@188.net> wrote in message 36D52106.433CE9B2@188.net... >Hi, >I have a free style data...

get column value in DW expression without column name
Hi everyone! I've got a common experssion that I'd like to put on every bold column property: I'd like set the column font to bold if the previous column value is equal to the current. As I have many columns, even dynamic columns, I don't know their name in order to set an expression like this: "if (col_name = col_name[-1], ...)" So any idea? Hi Matthieu, get all object names using the expression "datawindow.objects", split this tab separated list into single object names, check every object wether it is a column using the expression &quo...

When is a column not a column?
I have several extremely similar datawindows that I have to maintain that go against the same table. Recently, I had to add a column to that table, and also add the column to ALL of these datawindows that go against this table. I added the column to the first datawindow, set up the edit control style, etc. I then did a copy/paste of the columns edit control to the remaining dw's (of course remembering to first add the column in SQL). Everything (update props, column specs, column props) seems to indicate that the pasted column is linked to the column I selected, HOWEVER, when I...

Mysql: insertrow with identity column doesn't return the identity column value
Mysql: insertrow with identity column doesn't return the identity column value Mysql:5.0.22 (connection using jdbc) pb10.2.0.8100. However it works with other databases. Also, the same works in other IDE's. I have a workaround for now to call last_insert_id() in the updateend event. however, this limits me to update one record at a time. any other solution like connection paramaters or something that i might be missing thanks vsv You have to edit the PBODBXXX.INI file to tell it how it's supposed to get the value. On 4 Aug 2006 16:22:22 -0700, "vsv...

How to get nested dw(report) column count and set column property at
How to get nested dw(report) column count and set column property at runtime? In article <35BF1672.BE14830C@public.szonline.net>, zhangyuh@public.szonline.net says... > How to get nested dw(report) column count and set column property at > runtime? > > > > Please see my response in the dw newgroup. Please do not post the same question in multiple newgroups. -- John Strano [TeamPS] Have a heart, http://home.sprynet.com/sprynet/JCredit/eds_stry.htm ...

How to get nested dw(report) column count and set column property at
How to get nested dw(report) column count and set column property at runtime? In article <35BF2396.74972542@public.szonline.net>, zhangyuh@public.szonline.net says... > How to get nested dw(report) column count and set column property at > runtime? > > > > Please see my response to your other posting in this newgroup. -- John Strano [TeamPS] Have a heart, http://home.sprynet.com/sprynet/JCredit/eds_stry.htm ...

converting a int column to identity column.
I have a table with the following structure create table mytab (name char(10), id int) Table has got 17 million records (with all unique id's) we want to change this colun to identity but the following does not work : alter table mytab modify id numeric(10,0) identity Any help is appreciated. Hi, I'm afraid, you cannot modify column or add new column with identity. You have to create new table - create table mynewtab (name char(10), id numeric(10,0) identity) and insert rows from your table with "set identity_insert mynewtab on". Jan Fr...

GUID as Primay column and Identity column
Hello; My Memebership table has Guid column as Primary key. But I would like to add Auto numbering Identity column to this table. Is this idea OK  or it will bring some problems? Thank you in advance for your help   I don't think you can  have both on the same table and I think the Membership framework uses the GUID so I found how you can get the value during inserts.  Hope this helps. http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms174979.aspx http://www.sqlteam.com/item.asp?ItemID=283Kind regards,Gift Peddie   Thank you for your quick reply to my question. ...

Modifying an existing column to be an identity column
ASE 12.5.3 ESD#7 Is there a way to alter a table such that an existing column which is also used as a primary key be changed so that it is now an identity column as well ? The "alter table" syntax does not seem to support it. At the moment, the ids are generated from some other table by the client application. Jesus M. Salvo Jr. wrote: > ASE 12.5.3 ESD#7 > > > Is there a way to alter a table such that an existing column which is also > used as a primary key be changed so that it is now an identity column as > well ? > > The "a...

Problem in using sqlbulkcopy to insert data from datatable(no identity column) into sql server table having identity column
Hi, I am having problem in bulk update of a sql server table haning identity column from a datatable( has no identity column) using sqlbulkcopy. I tried several approaches, but it does not show any error nor is the table getting updated. But the identity value seems to getting increased every time. thanks. varun Hmmmm...that means it is inserting something...I wonder if your datatable has data in it. Can you check that?Thanks,MaxLet Me Google That For You! The first thing i did was checked it. The datatable is getting populated fine. What could possibly be wrong si...

How to place in DataGrids’s first column table’s column name, in second Datagrid’s column table’s column value?
Hello I use C#. I’m interesting are there samples solved my problem. Andrew. You will need to loop through the datasource of the datagrid or through the datagrid items and fetch the values for the second datagrid.Sonu Kapoor [MVP] Feel free to ask me any .NET question | Ajax Data Controls Forum Thank you! I solved my problem at the server cite. Andrew. ...

dw
Great problem: We worked with PB 5,04 and informix 7.30. In one datawindow with PK of serial type or autoincrement (property identity column). Wewant to know the value of this field after making dw_1.Update without Commit . Without doingretrieve. It is this possible one. Thanks. ...

Trying to put dw.SetItem (ll_Row, "Column Name", dw.GetItemDec (ll_Row, "Column Name for CF"))
hello for some reason, it seems like my strings from yesterday doesnt come up on this newsgroup list. Anyways.. my problem is to put dw.SetItem (ll_Row, "Column Name", dw.GetItemDec (ll_Row, "Column Name for CF")). so that i can give a column value and a computed field so the data i give through the computed field gets inserted in a column. 1. where in the code do i put this.. 2. i have a global function which i called with a computed field "Column Name for CF".. tried attaching the pbl but no luck cany anyone help me please.. this is very critical f...

Web resources about - Get Name of DW Identity Column (column.identity property requires looping thru all columns) - sybase.datawindow.net

Sexual orientation and gender identity at the United Nations - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... its founding in 1945, the United Nations had not discussed LGBT rights (regarding equality regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity ...

'It's time for Aboriginal identity and story to be embraced by all Australians'
Some places in Perth were named after governors or other European elites, wives and family members or places in Britain. Frankly, many names ...

Case of mistaken identity: No, Iyad El-Baghdadi is not the leader of Daesh
Case of mistaken identity: No, Iyad El-Baghdadi is not the leader of Daesh

These simple mistakes could compromise your identity on Facebook
... Facebook account. However, Swiped author Adam Levin says there’s one simple mistake many Facebook users make that might compromise their identity ...

Europe has an identity crisis: Eurasia Group - Business Insider Deutschland
Eurasia Group's top-risks report outlines the split between "closed Europe" and "open Europe."

Star Wars: The Force Awakens Soundtrack Might Provide Hint at Supreme Leader Snoke's Identity
Possible spoilers for Star Wars: The Force Awakens ahead!Also, mention of midichlorians ahead - I [...]

Israeli Schools Ban Israeli-Arab Romance Novel For ‘Threatening Jewish Identity’
Israeli Schools Ban Israeli-Arab Romance Novel For ‘Threatening Jewish Identity’

'The Flash' Season 2 Spoilers: Will Barry Reveal His Secret identity To Patty In Episode 10?
... (Shantel VanSanten) that he's the Scarlett Speedster. Patty (Shantel VanSanten) may finally find out Barry's (Grant Gustin) superhero identity ...

IRS Drops Proposed Charity Regulations After Identity Theft Risk Outcry
Facing 38,000 comments, the Internal Revenue Service withdraws its proposed alternate charitable substantiation regulations.

Ruby's True Identity Is Finally Revealed on Ash vs Evil Dead
While many shows go on hiatus around the holidays, Ash vs Evil Dead proved there’s no rest for the wicked with “Bound in the Flesh,” its penultimate ...