DW.NET support for SQL Anywhere .NET provider

Hello,

we are trying to get DW.NET (v. 2.5) working with Sybase SQL Anywhere .NET provider for database access.
Does anybody know if that is possible, and if so, then how?
The reason for this question is that we are evaluating DW.NET as a solution for document printing from our
existing C# application which uses SQL Anywhere .NET provider. I would expect that these two products
should work together, as they are both developed by Sybase and targeted for the same .NET platform.

Linas
0
Linas

Net:Net:Net::LDAP::FAQ

DW.NET 1.5 support for ADO.NET
Does the new version 1.5 support ADO.NET from Sybase? Only via OLE-DB. On 21 Dec 2004 05:34:43 -0800, "Germano" <gsilva3891@yahoo.com> wrote: >Does the new version 1.5 support ADO.NET from Sybase? > Will a future version support it? It does not make much sense to have support for Microsoft's ADO.NET and not Sybase's own ADO.NET "Jim O'Neil [Sybase]" <joneil_at_sybase_dot_com> wrote in message news:bdegs01trng2706pugk8kracqg7elq250r@4ax.com... > Only via OLE-DB. > > On 21 Dec 2004 05:34:43 -0800, "...

DW.Net for ASP.Net
Hi. Does anyone know when DW.Net will be available for ASP.Net (web pages)? Is there or will there be a beta program for that version of DW.Net? Regards TJ Throstur Jonsson wrote: > Hi. > Does anyone know when DW.Net will be available for ASP.Net (web pages)? > Is there or will there be a beta program for that version of DW.Net? > > Regards > TJ > > ASP.NET support is planned for post-1.0, and no beta program has been announced, although I'm sure Sybase will conduct one. -- <hopethishelps/> Roy Kiesler [TeamSybase] SDN Co...

ado.net or/and datawindow.net
Hi, Can datawindow.net work with Sybase's ado.net or are they not compatible with each other. We have two separate groups of developers, one group develops web apps using ASE as the back end for the data, so they use a combination of Visual Studio ..NET and Sybase's ado.net to do their work. We have another group that develops client/server apps using Powerbuilder, but since 80% of their work is in writting reports using Powerbuilder, I was wondering if they could use a combination of datawindow.net and ado.net to put make these reports available on the web through ...

Datawindow.Net in ASP.Net
It is a Power builder to ASP.Net migration project. As per my analysis, the PBL should be mapped to the datawindow.net control to get the functionality of the existing PB datawindow and can convert the PB code to .net code. Please correct me if i'm wrong. I would like to know whether we can use datawindow.net control without PBL just like datagrid. In datagrid we could bind the dataset as a datasource and populate the records. Is this possible using datawindow.net? Datawindow is nothing but it stores queries/stored proecedures. Incase i want to change the queries after mi...

sql anywhere 10 .NET provider & sql anywhere 8 server
sql anywhere 10 .NET provider & sql anywhere 8 server are there any major known issues other than test for my scenarios or it is not compatible at all. i was able to connect, add, delete & update records on a simple table & dataset. Env: VS 2005 .NET 2.0 & sql anywhere 10 thanks vsv This configuration should work. But we do not do significant (if any) testing of this configuration, so you should ensure you do thorough testing with your application. -- Ian McHardy (iAnywhere Solutions) Please reply only to the newsgroup. Whitepapers, TechDo...

What is the relation between Asp.net, C#.net ,ADO.net, SQL in web Building
Dear Developers Hi I am A beginner web developer I stared studying of development applications & languages and I finished HTML, JavaScript, IIS but I don't have a couch so I can't determine what i need to continue.I need to know the roles of ASP.net, C#.net, ADO.net, SQL in the web building process and how they work together and what exams I have to cross to be a certified web developerMy RegardsKhaled Elwakeel  Khaled , Welcome to the world of Web Programming, Web programming is different ball game ( HTTP Request, HTTP Response, HTTP handlers , MIME types, HTTP...

Does datawindow .NET support Microsoft ASP.NET Web Matrix?
Hi, I have try to install the Datawindow .NET 1.5 beta version, but it need Visual Studio .Net 2003. Does it support Microsoft ASP.Net Web Matrix? Thanks & Best Regards, K Y K Y, I installed DataWindow.NET on Web Matrix and it works fine. Regards, Leon Habinsky. <K Y> wrote in message news:41c8d0fe.4de9.1681692777@sybase.com... > Hi, > > I have try to install the Datawindow .NET 1.5 beta version, > but it need Visual Studio .Net 2003. > > Does it support Microsoft ASP.Net Web Matrix? > > Thanks & Best Regards, > > K ...

Performance of Db2. Net provider over Oledb.net provider
Hi,       I heard db2.net provider is better in performance compared to oledb.net provider for connecting to ibm db2 from asp.net applications. Currently I am using oledb.net provider in my application and I want to switch to db2.net provider. Before that,I thought of checking the performance with sample queries. The metrics show oledb having better performance compared to db2.net provider. I am confused. Is there any article or source where I can get more info on this.   Thanks Sveerapally  Hi,      I found the db2.net provider to ...

.NET Data Provider for Oracle or ODP.NET with ASP.NET 2.0 (C#) bugs
I have been trying to use either .NET Data Provider for Oracle or ODP.NET in my ASP.NET application with C#. Have to read / store Session data in a Database column BLOB (using Serialization). Using either .NET Data Provider for Oracle or ODP.NET generating below errors. 1) Have added reference to asp.net Project and used System.Data.OracleClient in C# class  with .NET Data Provider for Oracle. But still gettting same errors,  to get rid of these errors Have de-installed .NET Data Provider for Oracle and installed ODP.NET 2) Even now after ODP.NET  i...

Net Farmers net

ASP.NET VB.NET to VB.NET Executable
Forgive me if this is the wrong place to post. I could not find a more suitable section. I have several ASP.NET (using VB.NET) web pages that I have to convert to VB.NET executables. Can someone recommend a roadmap? Is this a huge task? Is it more manageable with the .NET platform? Thanks. the roadmap is to move as much code as possible out of the GUI into codebehind, and get GUI code out of code-behind. then move as much as possible into library assemblies and/or Webservices. then use the Visual Studio editor to drag and drop your new winapp gui, and easily plug in the back end....

Diffrence Between ASP.NET , VB.NET and C#.NET
please give me the explanation of diffrence b'n asp.net and vb.net is in asp.net there is no code behind file exist?  C# and VB.Net it the langauge you use to create your app.. (The code you write is either VB.Net or C#) ASP.Net is the Web framework to build web applications and ASP.Net have Web Forms, a Web Form is the .aspx file that represents a page/view. A Web Form can have a code-behind file where you put your code (written with VB.Net or C#)./Fredrik Normén - fredrikn @ twitterMicrosoft MVP, MCSD, MCAD, MCTASPInsidersMy Blog...