DW.NET 1.5 support for ADO.NET

Does the new version 1.5 support ADO.NET from Sybase?

0
Germano

Only via OLE-DB.

On 21 Dec 2004 05:34:43 -0800, "Germano" <gsilva3891@yahoo.com> wrote:

>Does the new version 1.5 support ADO.NET from Sybase?

0
Jim
12/21/2004 2:56:52 PM
Will a future version support it?

It does not make much sense to have support for Microsoft's ADO.NET and not
Sybase's own ADO.NET

"Jim O'Neil [Sybase]" <joneil_at_sybase_dot_com> wrote in message
> Only via OLE-DB.
>
> On 21 Dec 2004 05:34:43 -0800, "Germano" <gsilva3891@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>>Does the new version 1.5 support ADO.NET from Sybase?

0
Germano
12/22/2004 12:19:57 PM
I believe so, there is work on-going for the Oracle and MS SQL Server
providers now.

On 22 Dec 2004 04:19:57 -0800, "Germano" <gsilva3891@yahoo.com> wrote:

>Will a future version support it?
>
>It does not make much sense to have support for Microsoft's ADO.NET and not
>Sybase's own ADO.NET
>

>"Jim O'Neil [Sybase]" <joneil_at_sybase_dot_com> wrote in message
>> Only via OLE-DB.
>>
>> On 21 Dec 2004 05:34:43 -0800, "Germano" <gsilva3891@yahoo.com> wrote:
>>
>>>Does the new version 1.5 support ADO.NET from Sybase?

0
Jim
12/22/2004 6:19:13 PM
Would the Oracle support be for the ODP from Oracle or the MS version?

>I believe so, there is work on-going for the Oracle and MS SQL Server
> providers now.
>
> On 22 Dec 2004 04:19:57 -0800, "Germano" <gsilva3891@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>>Will a future version support it?
>>
>>It does not make much sense to have support for Microsoft's ADO.NET and
>>not
>>Sybase's own ADO.NET
>>

>>"Jim O'Neil [Sybase]" <joneil_at_sybase_dot_com> wrote in message

0
Jack
12/22/2004 7:45:23 PM
MS version to my knowledge, but I'll try to get some clarification on
this.

On 22 Dec 2004 11:45:23 -0800, "Jack Addington" <jaddington@shaw.ca>
wrote:

>Would the Oracle support be for the ODP from Oracle or the MS version?
>
>"Jim O'Neil [Sybase]" <joneil_at_sybase_dot_com> wrote in message
>>I believe so, there is work on-going for the Oracle and MS SQL Server
>> providers now.
>>
>> On 22 Dec 2004 04:19:57 -0800, "Germano" <gsilva3891@yahoo.com> wrote:
>>
>>>Will a future version support it?
>>>
>>>It does not make much sense to have support for Microsoft's ADO.NET and
>>>not
>>>Sybase's own ADO.NET
>>>

>>>"Jim O'Neil [Sybase]" <joneil_at_sybase_dot_com> wrote in message

0
Jim

DW.NET 1.5 ASP.NET support
Hi there, I am new to DW.NET (and indeed VS.NET). I have a pretty mature PB app and have been waiting for DW.NET to appear so I can work on porting to the web as a .NET app. I am well aware from this newsgroup that 1.5 is not out yet but I want to get started in my initial thoughts on the best way forward. If I do some initial work on Winforms, will I come across fundamental differences in the way Sybase have implemented the ASP.NET support in v1.5? Basically, should I wait for 1.5 or carry on with Winforms and then be able to apply what I have done when Webforms support a...

Support of PB 11.5.1 datawindow syntax in DW.NET 2.5
Hello, we have migrated our PowerBuilder development to PowerBuilder 11.5.1. Until now, we were simultaneously using our datawindows (developed in PB for our main Client/Server app) in ASP.NET application with Datawindow.NET. Now, when trying to use datawindow from PB 11.5.1 in DW.NET, we are getting error: "Line 2 Column 65; incorect syntax." I assume that DW.NET 2.5 does not support PB 11.5.1 datawindow syntax yet. Is there any workaround for this issue, or will there be a newer DW.NET release supporting this new datawindow syntax? LM use C:\Program Files\Sybase\...

ado.net or/and datawindow.net
Hi, Can datawindow.net work with Sybase's ado.net or are they not compatible with each other. We have two separate groups of developers, one group develops web apps using ASE as the back end for the data, so they use a combination of Visual Studio ..NET and Sybase's ado.net to do their work. We have another group that develops client/server apps using Powerbuilder, but since 80% of their work is in writting reports using Powerbuilder, I was wondering if they could use a combination of datawindow.net and ado.net to put make these reports available on the web through ...

Composite Report Rendering Problem in ASP.net using DW.Net 1.5.1
Hi, I have a Problem in displaying composite and nested web datawindows in .aspx page . the generated out put is not formatted as it is in the DW designer. I am using "xhtml" rendering format. and also specified "UrlPath" but it still not works. can anyone help around this issue. thanx in advance ...

Support for dw.NET 2.5 in VS 2008, .NET framework 3.5 and Oracle 10.2g
Hi, I intend to use the datawindow.NET 2.5 in VS 2008 (.NET framework 3.5) using a Oracle 10.2g database as a backend and later using Oracle 11g as backend. Can someone please let me know if the product is supported in the environments mentioned. All help will be highly appreciated and many thanks in advance. Regards Hasan Kasamali On Nov 24, 3:06=A0am, Hasan Kasamali wrote: > Hi, > > I intend to use the datawindow.NET 2.5 in VS 2008 (.NET > framework 3.5) using a Oracle 10.2g database as a backend > and later using Oracle 11g as backend. > > Can ...

ASP.NET under .NET 1.1 and .NET 2.0 combined
Main web site is running under .NET 1.1.  New added page is created using VS2005 and .NET 2.0.  Don't work, can't see the new page and I can't migrate the web site to .NET 2.0.  Can I deploy ASP.NET web page on VS2005 for .NET 1.1 application?  If so, of course, how we do that.  Thanks   It looks like you may have 2 problems: Nested, possibly conflicing web.config files -- see the following KB Article. Different versions of ASP.NET running in the same application pool. In IIS, make sure the .NET 2.0 application is assigned to a different application pool ...

ASP.NET/ADO.NET/VB.NET Books
Can anyone suggest a good book(s) on ASP.NET, ADO.NET and VB.NET, I have familiar ASP 2.0 and have used VB 6 a few times, so I’m a total newbie, to this type of thing. Thanks Jason One free place to start is the Quickstart tutorials. They are available on the tutorials tab on this website. The best "starting out" book, IMO, is still "ASP.NET Unleashed", by Stephen Walther. This gives you an excellent introduction to all of the essentials. From there, it would depend on your needs. BTW - there is a "Book Review" forum within the ASP.NET Forums t...

Datawindow .NET / VS 2003 / .NET Framework 1.1
Good day. I wish to ask if it would be possible to utilize Datawindow.NET in our Development environment of VS2003 / MS .NET Framework 1.1 in a WIndows 2000 Operating System. Thanks. AFAIK, only the DW.Net 1.x version supported VS2003 / .Net 1.x. I don't believe that version is available anymore. On 21 Feb 2007 01:47:13 -0800, Angelo wrote: >Good day. > >I wish to ask if it would be possible to utilize >Datawindow.NET in our Development environment of VS2003 / MS >NET Framework 1.1 in a WIndows 2000 Operating System. >Thanks. Thanks a lot for ...

asp.net 1.1 to asp.net 3.5
 Hi guys,Right now the pages/applications running in a server with asp.net 1.1 framework are all running ok.Is there any potential adverse effect if this server is upgraded to have an asp.net 3.5 framework?Will those applications still work as before? Is asp.net 3.5 compatible with those old applications?Thanks for any advice.  Yes you can have asp.net 1.1 and asp.net 2.0 on the same server. The .Net Framework 3.5 just adds features to asp.net 2.0.  The only thing is that you have to set the target framework in website properties to asp.net 1.1 or 2.0.  Also asp.net 1.1...

How do I connect to SAW 5.5 with VB.NET/ADO.NET?
I want to connect to a SQL Anywhere 5.5 database running on a W2K Pro server, using VB.NET and ADO.NET. Here's how I connect to MS SQL Server with VB.NET and ADO.NET: gstrADOConnectionString = "Data Source=" & gstrServerName & ";" & _ "Initial Catalog=" & gstrDatabase & ";" & "Integrated Security=SSPI;" & _ "Connect Timeout=" & Convert.ToString(gshoADOConnectTimeout) Example: Data Source=PSI_Dell;Initial Catalog=BRM;Integrated Security=SSPI;Connect Timeout=60 Here's how I did it...

.Net 1.1 to .Net 3.5 XSLT Issue
Hi,I've recently upgraded my 1.1 app to 3.5.The following xslt works fine running against the 1.1 compiled code, but does not work when running against the 3.5 version: <xsl:if test="position() &gt; $recordsPerPage * number($pageNumber) and position() &lt;= number($recordsPerPage * number($pageNumber)+ $recordsPerPage)"> There no exceptions being thrown, but the results are not the same particular around resultsets with 1 or 2 items.Has anyone else had problems with xslt upgrading? Well I haven't worked in XSLT in a bit, but I'm pretty sure that sp...

Web resources about - DW.NET 1.5 support for ADO.NET - sybase.datawindow.net

Air Force Civil Engineer Support Agency - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
AFCESA began as the Civil Engineer Construction Operations Group at Wright-Patterson Air Force Base , Ohio in 1966. Two years later, the new ...

ACT Greens support reforms to 'clunky' energy efficiency ratings system
Greens MLA Shane Rattenbury has backed calls from Canberra architects for a bolstered energy efficiency ratings system in the ACT.

Facebook Begins Adding Support for Apple Live Photos
Facebook has begun rolling out support for Apple Live Photos to some users of its iOS application . TechCrunch reported that some Facebook users ...

Samsung SideSync just got Marshmallow support
If you’re one of the .5% of Android users who already has Marshmallow, then you probably don’t understand the agony it has been for the rest ...

Fleksy update brings 3D Touch support for the iPhone 6s and more
... for iPhone 6s or iPhone 6s Plus users. First up, all iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus users should be pleased to hear that the app now supports ...

J.K. Rowling supports black Hermione Granger
Rowling has thrown her support behind the casting of black actress Noma Dumezweni as Hermione Granger

Trump’s support stronger than you think
According to an experiment by the Morning Consult, Trump's numbers need more explanation. It's not why they're so high. It's why they're so low. ...

Facebook adds support for Live Photos — but there’s a catch
A few months after Apple birthed Live Photos into existence with the release of the iPhone 6s, Facebook is catching on to the idea. The social ...

CWA Throws Its Support Behind Bernie Sanders -
In an unsurprising move, the Communications Workers of America (CWA) says that it's throwing its support behind Bernie Sanders for President. ...

Jessa (Duggar) Seewald Leans on Husband Ben for Support During Difficult Labor See the Clip
Jessa (Duggar) Seewald Leans on Husband Ben for Support During Difficult Labor See the Clip