Does datawindow .NET support Microsoft ASP.NET Web Matrix?

Hi,
I have try to install the Datawindow .NET 1.5 beta version,
but it need Visual Studio .Net 2003.
Does it support Microsoft ASP.Net Web Matrix?
Thanks & Best Regards,
K Y
📁 sybase.datawindow.net
📃 2302 articles.
⭐ 0 followers.

💬 6 Replies
👁️‍🗨️ 989 Views

 K Y,
I installed DataWindow.NET on Web Matrix and it works fine.
Regards,
Leon Habinsky.
<K Y> wrote in message news:41c8d0fe.4de9.1681692777@sybase.com...
> Hi,
>
> I have try to install the Datawindow .NET 1.5 beta version,
> but it need Visual Studio .Net 2003.
>
> Does it support Microsoft ASP.Net Web Matrix?
>
> Thanks & Best Regards,
>
> K Y

0
Leon
12/22/2004 2:39:42 AM
You will get a warning message if the install program can't find
Visual Studio 2003, but the component should still install properly
and you should be able to use it with Web Matrix. The main requirement
is the .NET Framework (1.1).
Regards,
Dave Fish
Sybase
TeamSybase blogs: http://www.teamsybase.net/blogs
DataWindow.NET code examples available on CodeXchange:
http://datawindownet.codexchange.sybase.com
On 21 Dec 2004 17:42:28 -0800, K Y wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I have try to install the Datawindow .NET 1.5 beta version,
>but it need Visual Studio .Net 2003.
>
>Does it support Microsoft ASP.Net Web Matrix?
>
>Thanks & Best Regards,
>
>K Y
0
dfish
12/22/2004 4:44:46 AM
Is this the same, warning message but component installs
anyway, if you do not have Visual Studio 2003 but have
SharpDevelop installed instead (with the v1.1 .Net Framework
installed too) ?
The installation documentation is unclear on this....
> You will get a warning message if the install program
> can't find Visual Studio 2003, but the component should
> still install properly and you should be able to use it
> with Web Matrix. The main requirement is the .NET
> Framework (1.1).
>
> Regards,
> Dave Fish
> Sybase
>
> TeamSybase blogs: http://www.teamsybase.net/blogs
>
> DataWindow.NET code examples available on CodeXchange:
> http://datawindownet.codexchange.sybase.com
>
> On 21 Dec 2004 17:42:28 -0800, K Y wrote:
>
> >Hi,
> >
> >I have try to install the Datawindow .NET 1.5 beta
> version, >but it need Visual Studio .Net 2003.
> >
> >Does it support Microsoft ASP.Net Web Matrix?
> >
> >Thanks & Best Regards,
> >
> >K Y

Well, the message that Dave is talking about is when you install DW
..NET, wheras it sounds like you are talking about a message that
occurs when trying to make the component visible within your IDE.
On 1 Feb 2005 17:27:34 -0800, D. Desmond wrote:
>Is this the same, warning message but component installs
>anyway, if you do not have Visual Studio 2003 but have
>SharpDevelop installed instead (with the v1.1 .Net Framework
>installed too) ?
>The installation documentation is unclear on this....
>
>> You will get a warning message if the install program
>> can't find Visual Studio 2003, but the component should
>> still install properly and you should be able to use it
>> with Web Matrix. The main requirement is the .NET
>> Framework (1.1).
>>
>> Regards,
>> Dave Fish
>> Sybase
>>
>> TeamSybase blogs: http://www.teamsybase.net/blogs
>>
>> DataWindow.NET code examples available on CodeXchange:
>> http://datawindownet.codexchange.sybase.com
>>
>> On 21 Dec 2004 17:42:28 -0800, K Y wrote:
>>
>> >Hi,
>> >
>> >I have try to install the Datawindow .NET 1.5 beta
>> version, >but it need Visual Studio .Net 2003.
>> >
>> >Does it support Microsoft ASP.Net Web Matrix?
>> >
>> >Thanks & Best Regards,
>> >
>> >K Y

0
Jim
2/2/2005 4:57:38 AM
K Y,
How exactly did you get the 'Sybase DataWindow' dropdown onto the ToolBox of
Web Matrix?  I also got warnings that I needed to install VS 2003 first and
proceeded to finish the install of DataWindow .Net. successfully.   However,
then Web Matrix ToolBox did not reflect the change.  So how does one add
this 'new' tool?
Thanks, Jacques

"Leon Habinsky" <leonh11@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> K Y,
>
> I installed DataWindow.NET on Web Matrix and it works fine.
>
> Regards,
> Leon Habinsky.
> <K Y> wrote in message news:41c8d0fe.4de9.1681692777@sybase.com...
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have try to install the Datawindow .NET 1.5 beta version,
> > but it need Visual Studio .Net 2003.
> >
> > Does it support Microsoft ASP.Net Web Matrix?
> >
> > Thanks & Best Regards,
> >
> > K Y

0
jlamarre
3/2/2005 5:46:07 PM
Sorry I was unclear about the message that I was referring
to in my previous post. I was referring to a message I got
when I was installing DataWindow.Net. This message informed
me that it could not find Visual Studio. I had SharpDevelop
installed instead. At any rate, I clicked OK at this message
prompt. And  DataWindow.Net was correctly installed. And as
an aside, it was easy to configure the SharpDevelop IDE to
load the DataWindow.Net components into its "toolbox".
Thanks.