Does datawindow .NET support Microsoft ASP.NET Web Matrix?

Hi,

I have try to install the Datawindow .NET 1.5 beta version,
but it need Visual Studio .Net 2003.

Does it support Microsoft ASP.Net Web Matrix?

Thanks & Best Regards,

K Y

 K Y,

I installed DataWindow.NET on Web Matrix and it works fine.

Regards,
Leon Habinsky.
<K Y> wrote in message news:41c8d0fe.4de9.1681692777@sybase.com...
> Hi,
>
> I have try to install the Datawindow .NET 1.5 beta version,
> but it need Visual Studio .Net 2003.
>
> Does it support Microsoft ASP.Net Web Matrix?
>
> Thanks & Best Regards,
>
> K Y

0
Leon
12/22/2004 2:39:42 AM
You will get a warning message if the install program can't find
Visual Studio 2003, but the component should still install properly
and you should be able to use it with Web Matrix. The main requirement
is the .NET Framework (1.1).

Regards,
Dave Fish
Sybase

TeamSybase blogs: http://www.teamsybase.net/blogs

DataWindow.NET code examples available on CodeXchange:
http://datawindownet.codexchange.sybase.com

On 21 Dec 2004 17:42:28 -0800, K Y wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I have try to install the Datawindow .NET 1.5 beta version,
>but it need Visual Studio .Net 2003.
>
>Does it support Microsoft ASP.Net Web Matrix?
>
>Thanks & Best Regards,
>
>K Y

0
dfish
12/22/2004 4:44:46 AM
Is this the same, warning message but component installs
anyway, if you do not have Visual Studio 2003 but have
SharpDevelop installed instead (with the v1.1 .Net Framework
installed too) ?
The installation documentation is unclear on this....

> You will get a warning message if the install program
> can't find Visual Studio 2003, but the component should
> still install properly and you should be able to use it
> with Web Matrix. The main requirement is the .NET
> Framework (1.1).
>
> Regards,
> Dave Fish
> Sybase
>
> TeamSybase blogs: http://www.teamsybase.net/blogs
>
> DataWindow.NET code examples available on CodeXchange:
> http://datawindownet.codexchange.sybase.com
>
> On 21 Dec 2004 17:42:28 -0800, K Y wrote:
>
> >Hi,
> >
> >I have try to install the Datawindow .NET 1.5 beta
> version, >but it need Visual Studio .Net 2003.
> >
> >Does it support Microsoft ASP.Net Web Matrix?
> >
> >Thanks & Best Regards,
> >
> >K Y

Well, the message that Dave is talking about is when you install DW
..NET, wheras it sounds like you are talking about a message that
occurs when trying to make the component visible within your IDE.

On 1 Feb 2005 17:27:34 -0800, D. Desmond wrote:

>Is this the same, warning message but component installs
>anyway, if you do not have Visual Studio 2003 but have
>SharpDevelop installed instead (with the v1.1 .Net Framework
>installed too) ?
>The installation documentation is unclear on this....
>
>> You will get a warning message if the install program
>> can't find Visual Studio 2003, but the component should
>> still install properly and you should be able to use it
>> with Web Matrix. The main requirement is the .NET
>> Framework (1.1).
>>
>> Regards,
>> Dave Fish
>> Sybase
>>
>> TeamSybase blogs: http://www.teamsybase.net/blogs
>>
>> DataWindow.NET code examples available on CodeXchange:
>> http://datawindownet.codexchange.sybase.com
>>
>> On 21 Dec 2004 17:42:28 -0800, K Y wrote:
>>
>> >Hi,
>> >
>> >I have try to install the Datawindow .NET 1.5 beta
>> version, >but it need Visual Studio .Net 2003.
>> >
>> >Does it support Microsoft ASP.Net Web Matrix?
>> >
>> >Thanks & Best Regards,
>> >
>> >K Y

0
Jim
2/2/2005 4:57:38 AM
K Y,

How exactly did you get the 'Sybase DataWindow' dropdown onto the ToolBox of
Web Matrix?  I also got warnings that I needed to install VS 2003 first and
proceeded to finish the install of DataWindow .Net. successfully.   However,
then Web Matrix ToolBox did not reflect the change.  So how does one add
this 'new' tool?

Thanks, Jacques

"Leon Habinsky" <leonh11@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> K Y,
>
> I installed DataWindow.NET on Web Matrix and it works fine.
>
> Regards,
> Leon Habinsky.
> <K Y> wrote in message news:41c8d0fe.4de9.1681692777@sybase.com...
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have try to install the Datawindow .NET 1.5 beta version,
> > but it need Visual Studio .Net 2003.
> >
> > Does it support Microsoft ASP.Net Web Matrix?
> >
> > Thanks & Best Regards,
> >
> > K Y

0
jlamarre
3/2/2005 5:46:07 PM
Sorry I was unclear about the message that I was referring
to in my previous post. I was referring to a message I got
when I was installing DataWindow.Net. This message informed
me that it could not find Visual Studio. I had SharpDevelop
installed instead. At any rate, I clicked OK at this message
prompt. And  DataWindow.Net was correctly installed. And as
an aside, it was easy to configure the SharpDevelop IDE to
load the DataWindow.Net components into its "toolbox".
Thanks.
> Well, the message that Dave is talking about is when you
> install DW ..NET, wheras it sounds like you are talking
> about a message that occurs when trying to make the
> component visible within your IDE.
>
> On 1 Feb 2005 17:27:34 -0800, D. Desmond wrote:
>
> >Is this the same, warning message but component installs
> >anyway, if you do not have Visual Studio 2003 but have
> >SharpDevelop installed instead (with the v1.1 .Net
> Framework >installed too) ?
> >The installation documentation is unclear on this....
> >
> >> You will get a warning message if the install program
> >> can't find Visual Studio 2003, but the component should
> >> still install properly and you should be able to use it
> >> with Web Matrix. The main requirement is the .NET
> >> Framework (1.1).
> >>
> >> Regards,
> >> Dave Fish
> >> Sybase
> >>
> >> TeamSybase blogs: http://www.teamsybase.net/blogs
> >>
> >> DataWindow.NET code examples available on CodeXchange:
> >> http://datawindownet.codexchange.sybase.com

> >> version, >but it need Visual Studio .Net 2003.

Datawindow .Net and Web Matrix ASP.Net
Can I use Datawindow.NET with Microsoft WebMatrix instead of VS.Net? DataWindow .NET 1.0 does not support WebForms applications. Version 1.5 which should be available in Beta by the end of this month should work with WebMatrix. We'll have to make sure we test that platform. Regards, Dave Fish Sybase TeamSybase blogs: http://www.teamsybase.net/blogs DataWindow.NET code examples available on CodeXchange: http://datawindownet.codexchange.sybase.com On 3 Nov 2004 17:42:43 -0800, Robert A wrote: >Can I use Datawindow.NET with Microsoft WebMatrix instead of >VS.Net...

DataWindow.NET not on ASP.NET web site
On the ASP.NET web site, there is a Control Gallery in the Resources section of the site. DataWindow.NET should be listed there! Thanks for bringing this to our attention Bob. -- John Strano Sybase Technology Evangelist <Bob Bowles> wrote in message news:45369821.492e.1681692777@sybase.com... > On the ASP.NET web site, there is a Control Gallery in the > Resources section of the site. DataWindow.NET should be > listed there! ...

Datawindow.Net in ASP.Net
It is a Power builder to ASP.Net migration project. As per my analysis, the PBL should be mapped to the datawindow.net control to get the functionality of the existing PB datawindow and can convert the PB code to .net code. Please correct me if i'm wrong. I would like to know whether we can use datawindow.net control without PBL just like datagrid. In datagrid we could bind the dataset as a datasource and populate the records. Is this possible using datawindow.net? Datawindow is nothing but it stores queries/stored proecedures. Incase i want to change the queries after mi...

ASP.Net/VB.Net
Hi , I am trying to build asp.net menu with menu control the menu like http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mcts/default.mspxbut unable to do , as i am new bee to dot net if anybody already done similar or can help to find a way out,  Somebody already suggested me using javscript to hide or show the element , but i am not sure of using as such , is it possible using asp:menu to achieve the same. with regards I don't think the asp:menu control will work that way. If you really want to do that, you'll have to cook up something yourself.Rob,MySpaceCodeZone.net Hi , Thanks f...

How do I deploy ASP.NET that have datawindow.net ?
I have been ask many question but never have response. T_T I follow the programmer's guide and use automatic tools to generate .MSI installer. for copying the dll to the server. i did that. and restart the server. when i browse the web, its a good think no error is prompted (like before i install the .MSI). but instead, now its loading forever. just like its loading something that is so big. i wait for 30min. yet nothing happen. what is the problem actually ? thank you, folks. ...

what the different between ASP.NET and ASP.NET web Matrix version?
i'm face a big problem at here.i'm can run my ASP.NET web Matrix verison but can't run the Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003.i'm would like to know what the different between ASP.NET and ASP.NET web Matrix version?which software is better to use?what are the features both of them? Hi,   ASP.Net is Microsoft's current framework specification set for creating web applications that allow server-side processing.  MS Web Matrix is one tool that you can use to create ASP.Net web applications.  Visual Studio.Net (any version), is another tool for creating ASP.Net and othe...

Does ASP.NET Web Matrix use same code as ASP.NET
Does ASP.NET Web Matrix use the same code as ASP.NET. I know ASP.Net and I was wondering if when I type code into lets say a button object can I just type the code as if it were normal ASP.NET or does Web MAtrix use a different programming language. Also Does Web Matrix add or remove and methods, properties, or anything else like that? thanks, Joe! Hi Joe, Essentially, ASP.NET Web Matrix providing a environment for developers to write ASP.NET pages, so you can use Web Matrix to write as usual as other tools and use your preferred programming language. :) Regards, ...

asp.NET Resource Kit AND asp.NET Web Matrix
Is it suggested that one new to asp.NET install both asp.NET Resource Kit AND asp.NET Web Matrix as learning tools? Hi, they're both free for download. I like webmatrix a lot myself and still use it often just to test out little pieces of code and it even runs on my P II 233 MHz computer. You don't have to install IIS to run the code because Cassini (a free localhost webserver) is included with the installment. The resource kit contains pieces of some books, articles and animated explanations for ASP.NET related stuff. When learning you can't have enough information. Buy books, ...

DataWindow.NET 2.5 + Visual Studio 2008 + ASP.NET web application
DataWindow.NET Designer is a Sybase's Tool to build .NET web applications. http://www.sybase.com/products/development/datawindownet There is stand alone version of Clinet-Server application developed using Sybase products PowerBuilder and DataWindow Designer. Current requirement is to Develop a web based application using existing DataWindow.NET controls by importing themon ASP.NET webforms. Visual Studio 2008 and DataWindow.NET 2.5 products are installed, DataWindow.NET control appears in VS-2008 ToolBox. I think DataWindow.NET is quite similar to other Server side controls in ASP.N...

web matrix web server compiles in Microsoft .NET Framework Version:1.0.3705.288; ASP.NET Version:1.0.3705.288 even with version 1.1 installed
I have web matrix defaulting to use v1.1 but when it compiles it using Microsoft .NET Framework Version:1.0.3705.288; ASP.NET Version:1.0.3705.288, does anybody know why this is happening and how do i change it to use v1.1? thanks Hi, I suggest you to build a "WebServer.exe.config" file to match 1.1 NET. Yes, please take a look at this post: view post 249010 Regards,...

Converting .net desktop application(vb.net app) to .net web application(asp.net app)
is it possible to convert/upgrad .net desktop application(vb.net application) to .net web application(asp.net application) ? If possible how? is there any extra software or wrapper for it? If possible please...Thanks..  There is no conversion software or wrappers that I know of. For the most part, you will have to rewrite it since the platforms are completely different.Cheers,       Kevin JonesMy Blog...

Datawindow.NET control on ASP.NET Webform
Hi, I am new to power Builder and power script. I like to request for information on how can I import DataWindow.NET control from power builder Tool into a Visual Studio 2008 as a Add-On to build/Develop a web application. your help and insight is highly appreciated. Thanks, Hi, I am new to power Builder and power script. I like to request for information on how can I use imported DataWindow.NET control from power builder Tool into a Visual Studio 2008 as a Add-On to build/Develop a web application. Like to know the feasibility of using it on a web form and customisi...

AJAX Extension in asp.net 2.0 when i choose asp.net web site and run ajax control it will not work but if i choose asp.net ajax enabled web site ajax extensions are working file
 AJAX Extension in asp.net 2.0 when i choose new  asp.net web site and run ajax control it will not work but if i choose asp.net ajax enabled web site ajax extensions are working file.Because of this i will not able to use ajax extension in my previous website which are created in asp.net 2.0. Please help me how i will do it ..or i will convert all previous code in to ajax enabled web site but it is time consuming i think .. please give me proper solution i am new in asp.net development Sandeep, Nothing can help u better than this video RegardsKINJAL"Mark the post as an...

Asp.net web site || Asp.net web project
Hi, Can any body tell me waht is difference between Asp.net Web Project and Asp.net web site and its features. If there is no difference between them why they use separately.   naveed. You can review all supported options in the two type at this MSDN article http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnvs05/html/WAP.asp Hosam Kamel Remember to click on Mark as answer on the post that helped you hi, take a look at this post: http://forums.asp.net/t/1164387.aspx hi, thanx, can u tell me which one is best choice for programming. Naveed   It dep...

Web resources about - Does datawindow .NET support Microsoft ASP.NET Web Matrix? - sybase.datawindow.net

Intelligent Versus Surrogate Keys

chevy volt

Java Networking - Real's HowTo