DataWindow.NET - DataWindow Column Borders

I'm using DataWindow.NET 1.5.1 9004 on a Windows XP
Professional SP 2 machine with the latest Microsoft Update
patches.
The release notes indicate that change request 385532 is
corrected.
However, if I configure my computer to use a Windows XP
theme the border does not render as expected; a blue
bordered box is displayed.  If I configure my computer to
use a Windows Classic theme the border is rendered as
expected.  Is there something else I need to do to get the
datawindow object column borders to render correctly when
using a Windows XP theme?
Ken
0
Ken
11/30/2005 10:54:46 AM
📁 sybase.datawindow.net
📃 2302 articles.
⭐ 0 followers.

💬 5 Replies
👁️‍🗨️ 1074 Views

Are you using 3D Lowered? If so, then this is expected behavior. XP
rendering has changed from the Windows 95-ish 3D Lowered that you see
in earlier versions of Windows so the DataWindow was changed to
support the XP style.
Regards,
Dave Fish
Sybase
On 30 Nov 2005 02:54:46 -0800, Ken A wrote:
>I'm using DataWindow.NET 1.5.1 9004 on a Windows XP
>Professional SP 2 machine with the latest Microsoft Update
>patches.
>The release notes indicate that change request 385532 is
>corrected.
>
>However, if I configure my computer to use a Windows XP
>theme the border does not render as expected; a blue
>bordered box is displayed.  If I configure my computer to
>use a Windows Classic theme the border is rendered as
>expected.  Is there something else I need to do to get the
>datawindow object column borders to render correctly when
>using a Windows XP theme?
>
>Ken
0
dfish
11/30/2005 2:46:53 PM
I'm not sure I understand.  With an XP theme the blue box SHOULD
appear for a Lowered border setting..  What setting do you have for
the border?
On 30 Nov 2005 02:54:46 -0800, Ken A wrote:
>I'm using DataWindow.NET 1.5.1 9004 on a Windows XP
>Professional SP 2 machine with the latest Microsoft Update
>patches.
>The release notes indicate that change request 385532 is
>corrected.
>
>However, if I configure my computer to use a Windows XP
>theme the border does not render as expected; a blue
>bordered box is displayed.  If I configure my computer to
>use a Windows Classic theme the border is rendered as
>expected.  Is there something else I need to do to get the
>datawindow object column borders to render correctly when
>using a Windows XP theme?
>
>Ken
0
Jim
11/30/2005 2:53:10 PM
Yes I'm using 3D Lowered.  I did not realize that XP changed
the rendering behavior.  Thanks.  Does this mean that there
is noway to get a 3D lowered look when using an XP theme?
> Are you using 3D Lowered? If so, then this is expected
> behavior. XP rendering has changed from the Windows 95-ish
> 3D Lowered that you see in earlier versions of Windows so
> the DataWindow was changed to support the XP style.
>
> Regards,
> Dave Fish
> Sybase
>
> On 30 Nov 2005 02:54:46 -0800, Ken A wrote:
>
> >I'm using DataWindow.NET 1.5.1 9004 on a Windows XP
> >Professional SP 2 machine with the latest Microsoft
> Update >patches.
> >The release notes indicate that change request 385532 is
> >corrected.
> >
> >However, if I configure my computer to use a Windows XP
> >theme the border does not render as expected; a blue
> >bordered box is displayed.  If I configure my computer to
> >use a Windows Classic theme the border is rendered as
> >expected.  Is there something else I need to do to get
> the >datawindow object column borders to render correctly
> when >using a Windows XP theme?
> >
> >Ken

0
Ken
12/9/2005 12:14:47 PM
Unfortunately, no.
Regards,
Dave Fish
Sybase
On 9 Dec 2005 04:14:47 -0800, Ken A wrote:
>Yes I'm using 3D Lowered.  I did not realize that XP changed
>the rendering behavior.  Thanks.  Does this mean that there
>is noway to get a 3D lowered look when using an XP theme?
>
>> Are you using 3D Lowered? If so, then this is expected
>> behavior. XP rendering has changed from the Windows 95-ish
>> 3D Lowered that you see in earlier versions of Windows so
>> the DataWindow was changed to support the XP style.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Dave Fish
>> Sybase
>>
>> On 30 Nov 2005 02:54:46 -0800, Ken A wrote:
>>
>> >I'm using DataWindow.NET 1.5.1 9004 on a Windows XP
>> >Professional SP 2 machine with the latest Microsoft
>> Update >patches.
>> >The release notes indicate that change request 385532 is
>> >corrected.
>> >
>> >However, if I configure my computer to use a Windows XP
>> >theme the border does not render as expected; a blue
>> >bordered box is displayed.  If I configure my computer to
>> >use a Windows Classic theme the border is rendered as
>> >expected.  Is there something else I need to do to get
>> the >datawindow object column borders to render correctly
>> when >using a Windows XP theme?
>> >
>> >Ken

0
dfish
12/9/2005 2:30:36 PM
Actually, I think you can if you change the background color explicity
(from whatever the default 'system' color is)... at least that was
discussed at one point, I'm not sure it made it's way into the
product.
On 9 Dec 2005 06:30:36 -0800, dfish@_no_spam_sybase.com (Dave Fish
[Team Sybase]) wrote:
>Unfortunately, no.
>
>Regards,
>Dave Fish
>Sybase
>
>On 9 Dec 2005 04:14:47 -0800, Ken A wrote:
>
>>Yes I'm using 3D Lowered.  I did not realize that XP changed
>>the rendering behavior.  Thanks.  Does this mean that there
>>is noway to get a 3D lowered look when using an XP theme?
>>
>>> Are you using 3D Lowered? If so, then this is expected
>>> behavior. XP rendering has changed from the Windows 95-ish
>>> 3D Lowered that you see in earlier versions of Windows so
>>> the DataWindow was changed to support the XP style.
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> Dave Fish
>>> Sybase

>>> Update >patches.

>>> the >datawindow object column borders to render correctly
>>> when >using a Windows XP theme?

0
Jim