Datawindow with large binary OLE to MS word interface getting memory AccessViolationException

Hi,

I have a datawindow that has a large binary OLE object on it
that links to MS word. When the user double clicks the OLE
it brings up MS WORD. The datawindow worked fine in DW.NET
2.0, but after upgrading it now gives an
AccessViolationException (attempted to read or write
protected memory) error. I first notice this error when I
upgraded to build 5063 and it is still a problem with DW.NET
2.0.1 (build 6021). Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,
Don
0
Don

Don Kartchner wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a datawindow that has a large binary OLE object on it
> that links to MS word. When the user double clicks the OLE
> it brings up MS WORD. The datawindow worked fine in DW.NET
> 2.0, but after upgrading it now gives an
> AccessViolationException (attempted to read or write
> protected memory) error. I first notice this error when I
> upgraded to build 5063 and it is still a problem with DW.NET
> 2.0.1 (build 6021). Does anyone have any ideas?
>
> Thanks,
> Don

Did you try regenerating the datawindows? (Datawindow designer--> rigth
click over the datawindows-->Regenerate)
That solved my problem some time ago (with EBF 5079).
WYL!

Manuel
0
Manuel

DataWindow This, DataWindow That...

ole datawindows and composite datawindow
I have 5 external datawindows that I will use for printing an enrollment form. Two are purely legal text that I am using an ole(word doc) for, one will be populated using embedded sql and setitem calls, and the other two are a combination of ole and external columns. Questions: 1. Does the normal process of dw_control.settransobject dw_control.retrieve work for ole based datawindows? 2. If this is the right approach, then do I "retrieve" the ole datawindows and populate my other datawindows first and then 3. retrieve the composite datawindow for preview and print ...

PB email interface and exporting datawindows to MS Word
Hi all, Powerbuilder 7.0.3, build 10108 Can anyone give me few pointers on two topics: 1) How to create an email interface such that you can make an "mailto:" link of a column on a datawindow, uch that when you click on it, windows fires up "Compose new email message" in PC's default email client? 2) What is the best procedure to save a datawindow as an MS Word file? Thanks in advance How about using a statichyperlink with URL like "mailto:vlad@NOSPAMpcr.ltd.uk" ? In application example, you have full example of how to use MAPI from ...

PB9/ OLE
I am trying to save a report which comes in datawindow, I have to export this report into MS word, maintaining the format of the report. I have tried different approach with not much of a success I tried basic ole automation , connecting to word and copy the data from datawindow at run time and paste into word document. but does not maintain the formatting of report. Thanks a lot in advance, Tushar Hi Tuschar, We managed to do this by printing to pdf-file and using a pdf to doc convertor. Directly from PB to Word was tricky and not so easy to do. Using: - Amyuni...

Get data from ole object in ole datawindow
Could anybody tell me how to get data (like blob myblob = ole_1.objectdata) .But in my case is ole datawindow which has a column is ole object. I try to updateblob using data(bitmap in painbrush) from ole object in datawindow. Thanks. You don't need to use updateblob with ole column objects in datawindows, it is done automatically. Check out Table Blob objects in the online help for details (NB these are broken in builds of 7.0.2 after 8030, but mended in 7.0.3) S. -- Simon Caldwell Get Real Systems Ltd Holtby Manor, Stamford Bridge Road, York, YO19 5LL Tel 01904 481999 F...

word and datawindow (para una datawindow a un documento de word)
�Existe alguna manera de enviar al word una datawindow (no s�lo las columnas) y que en este el formato al menos se parezca al original ? �Es posible meter un campo blob dentro de una datawindow (y enlazado al word) y que al imprimir �ste con el resto de campos y de columnas el tama�o sea algo parecido al ortiginal? Gracias a todos de Antemano, Aitor. ...

MS .Net Gridview vs DataWindow.Net
Hello. I thought I would write "my two cents" about the Datawindow and the supplied GridView control in .Net 2005. I have been reviewing the DataWindow.Net functionality. My background is Powerbuilder programmer and current C# .Net developer. Having written Asp.Net applications using the GridView, it is safe to say that the DataWindow.Net is far superior control. The Microsoft community has no concept of what a "Datawindow" is. The idea of displaying/editing/adding/deleting records in a form with one save command is a foreign concept. The Gridview contro...

DataWindow's "Create large binary/text database OLE object"
1) For the life of me, I cannot figure out how to load the datawindow's "Create large binary/text database OLE object" with a PDF file stored in a binary column in a SQL Anywhere 11 database (via 'System DSN' ODBC). I have successfully done so populating an OLE Object with PDF straight from a file location, but cannot get the DB OLE object type to work. 2) When I populated the OLE Object with a PDF straight from file and resize the PDF to actual size, the PDF text is blurred (pixelated). Thsi is especially a problem as I have to be able to print this PDF (more...

datawindow and Datawindow.NET Function Comparison
Hi All! What is the equivalent function in datawindow.net for the dw_1.GetSelectedRow() Is there any listings or comparison available for datawindow.net function and datawindow? Thanks.in advance S. Viswanathan Look to DataWindowControl.FindNextSelected(RowNumber) method. Regards, Mikhail Klygin. Viswanathan S �����: > Hi All! > > What is the equivalent function in datawindow.net for the > dw_1.GetSelectedRow() > > Is there any listings or comparison available for datawindow.net function > and datawindow? > > Thanks.in advanc...

Converting datawindow objects to datawindow .Net
Hi, Can someone please list the various methods we can use to convert the standard datawindow object to a datawindow .net object ? Thanks, Sanjay I'm lost. There's no conversion necessary. PB and DW.Net use the same datawindow objects. On 19 Feb 2007 17:46:15 -0800, Converting wrote: >Hi, > >Can someone please list the various methods we can use to >convert the standard datawindow object to a datawindow .net >object ? > >Thanks, > >Sanjay Thanks Bruce. I probably confused you but good to know that we can modify the datawin...

Getting datawindow Properties from within datawindow??
PB7.0.3 hi, i would like to create a custom userObject uo_myDW that inherits from DataWindow and stuff some default behaviour into it. For a new app i'm writing, i need a pile of input windows, all sharing the same functionality. I'd like to build uo_myDW so that in incorporates all standard 'inputDW-behaviour'. Here 's what i want to do For one of these functionalities mentioned above, i need the collection of uo_myDW's columns that are 'Tab-able' (have a tabindex > 0), and store them in a instance var ids_DWColumns for future reference. ...

PB Datawindow to DataWindow .Net Migration
We have a datawindows in PB 9 and PB 11 also. Now we are planing move to .Net Applications. We are generating all PB objects in to .Net(C#) except data windows. Now we are planing to move PB datawindows to DataWindow .Net 2.5. Can you please explaing the way to convert/migrate PB Datawindows to DataWindow .Net 2.5. Advanced thanks for your suggesstions. Thank You, Chaithu Start the Datawindow Designer applet and create a new Project. Then use the Import... feature to import the datawindow source .SRD files. These can be exported from PowerBuilder. -- Paul Horan[Sybase] ...

Problems with External Datawindows in Datawindow .Net
Has anyone used an external datawindow within a datastore in a .Net application? We are converting a piece of functionality from PowerBuilder to C# .Net and the routine uses an external datawindow. Since it is an external I didnt do SetTransObject before doing the InsertRow. I simply tried inserting a row into the datastore and a DatawindowNotCreatedException was thrown. Has anyone run into something similar? We are widely using external datawindow. Your error is not concerned with external datawindow. It is concerned with DataWindowControl bad behaviour (it is documented,...

Web resources about - Datawindow with large binary OLE to MS word interface getting memory AccessViolationException - sybase.datawindow.net

Tag Synonyms - Stack Overflow

Paint.NET 4.0.5 squashes major bugs, builds on recent release
dotPDN LLC has released Paint.NET 4.0.5 FINAL , a minor update that follows swiftly on the heels of a more significant update at the end of last ...

Posts in category applications · Not Rocket Science
33 Posts in category applications Google Chrome is not usable in a corporate Windows environment (01 November 2013) Fixing Text Problems in PlayStation ...