Datawindow .Net and Web Matrix ASP.Net

Can I use Datawindow.NET with Microsoft WebMatrix instead of
VS.Net?
0
Robert

DataWindow .NET 1.0 does not support WebForms applications. Version
1.5 which should be available in Beta by the end of this month should
work with WebMatrix. We'll have to make sure we test that platform.

Regards,
Dave Fish
Sybase

TeamSybase blogs: http://www.teamsybase.net/blogs

DataWindow.NET code examples available on CodeXchange:
http://datawindownet.codexchange.sybase.com

On 3 Nov 2004 17:42:43 -0800, Robert A wrote:

>Can I use Datawindow.NET with Microsoft WebMatrix instead of
>VS.Net?

0
dfish

Does datawindow .NET support Microsoft ASP.NET Web Matrix?
Hi, I have try to install the Datawindow .NET 1.5 beta version, but it need Visual Studio .Net 2003. Does it support Microsoft ASP.Net Web Matrix? Thanks & Best Regards, K Y K Y, I installed DataWindow.NET on Web Matrix and it works fine. Regards, Leon Habinsky. <K Y> wrote in message news:41c8d0fe.4de9.1681692777@sybase.com... > Hi, > > I have try to install the Datawindow .NET 1.5 beta version, > but it need Visual Studio .Net 2003. > > Does it support Microsoft ASP.Net Web Matrix? > > Thanks & Best Regards, > > K ...

DataWindow.NET not on ASP.NET web site
On the ASP.NET web site, there is a Control Gallery in the Resources section of the site. DataWindow.NET should be listed there! Thanks for bringing this to our attention Bob. -- John Strano Sybase Technology Evangelist <Bob Bowles> wrote in message news:45369821.492e.1681692777@sybase.com... > On the ASP.NET web site, there is a Control Gallery in the > Resources section of the site. DataWindow.NET should be > listed there! ...

Datawindow.Net in ASP.Net
It is a Power builder to ASP.Net migration project. As per my analysis, the PBL should be mapped to the datawindow.net control to get the functionality of the existing PB datawindow and can convert the PB code to .net code. Please correct me if i'm wrong. I would like to know whether we can use datawindow.net control without PBL just like datagrid. In datagrid we could bind the dataset as a datasource and populate the records. Is this possible using datawindow.net? Datawindow is nothing but it stores queries/stored proecedures. Incase i want to change the queries after mi...

How do I deploy ASP.NET that have datawindow.net ?
I have been ask many question but never have response. T_T I follow the programmer's guide and use automatic tools to generate .MSI installer. for copying the dll to the server. i did that. and restart the server. when i browse the web, its a good think no error is prompted (like before i install the .MSI). but instead, now its loading forever. just like its loading something that is so big. i wait for 30min. yet nothing happen. what is the problem actually ? thank you, folks. ...

Does ASP.NET Web Matrix use same code as ASP.NET
Does ASP.NET Web Matrix use the same code as ASP.NET. I know ASP.Net and I was wondering if when I type code into lets say a button object can I just type the code as if it were normal ASP.NET or does Web MAtrix use a different programming language. Also Does Web Matrix add or remove and methods, properties, or anything else like that? thanks, Joe! Hi Joe, Essentially, ASP.NET Web Matrix providing a environment for developers to write ASP.NET pages, so you can use Web Matrix to write as usual as other tools and use your preferred programming language. :) Regards, ...

what the different between ASP.NET and ASP.NET web Matrix version?
i'm face a big problem at here.i'm can run my ASP.NET web Matrix verison but can't run the Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003.i'm would like to know what the different between ASP.NET and ASP.NET web Matrix version?which software is better to use?what are the features both of them? Hi,   ASP.Net is Microsoft's current framework specification set for creating web applications that allow server-side processing.  MS Web Matrix is one tool that you can use to create ASP.Net web applications.  Visual Studio.Net (any version), is another tool for creating ASP.Net and othe...

asp.NET Resource Kit AND asp.NET Web Matrix
Is it suggested that one new to asp.NET install both asp.NET Resource Kit AND asp.NET Web Matrix as learning tools? Hi, they're both free for download. I like webmatrix a lot myself and still use it often just to test out little pieces of code and it even runs on my P II 233 MHz computer. You don't have to install IIS to run the code because Cassini (a free localhost webserver) is included with the installment. The resource kit contains pieces of some books, articles and animated explanations for ASP.NET related stuff. When learning you can't have enough information. Buy books, ...

DataWindow.NET 2.5 + Visual Studio 2008 + ASP.NET web application
DataWindow.NET Designer is a Sybase's Tool to build .NET web applications. http://www.sybase.com/products/development/datawindownet There is stand alone version of Clinet-Server application developed using Sybase products PowerBuilder and DataWindow Designer. Current requirement is to Develop a web based application using existing DataWindow.NET controls by importing themon ASP.NET webforms. Visual Studio 2008 and DataWindow.NET 2.5 products are installed, DataWindow.NET control appears in VS-2008 ToolBox. I think DataWindow.NET is quite similar to other Server side controls in ASP.N...

Converting .net desktop application(vb.net app) to .net web application(asp.net app)
is it possible to convert/upgrad .net desktop application(vb.net application) to .net web application(asp.net application) ? If possible how? is there any extra software or wrapper for it? If possible please...Thanks..  There is no conversion software or wrappers that I know of. For the most part, you will have to rewrite it since the platforms are completely different.Cheers,       Kevin JonesMy Blog...

Datawindow.NET control on ASP.NET Webform
Hi, I am new to power Builder and power script. I like to request for information on how can I import DataWindow.NET control from power builder Tool into a Visual Studio 2008 as a Add-On to build/Develop a web application. your help and insight is highly appreciated. Thanks, Hi, I am new to power Builder and power script. I like to request for information on how can I use imported DataWindow.NET control from power builder Tool into a Visual Studio 2008 as a Add-On to build/Develop a web application. Like to know the feasibility of using it on a web form and customisi...

AJAX Extension in asp.net 2.0 when i choose asp.net web site and run ajax control it will not work but if i choose asp.net ajax enabled web site ajax extensions are working file
 AJAX Extension in asp.net 2.0 when i choose new  asp.net web site and run ajax control it will not work but if i choose asp.net ajax enabled web site ajax extensions are working file.Because of this i will not able to use ajax extension in my previous website which are created in asp.net 2.0. Please help me how i will do it ..or i will convert all previous code in to ajax enabled web site but it is time consuming i think .. please give me proper solution i am new in asp.net development Sandeep, Nothing can help u better than this video RegardsKINJAL"Mark the post as an...

Asp.net web site || Asp.net web project
Hi, Can any body tell me waht is difference between Asp.net Web Project and Asp.net web site and its features. If there is no difference between them why they use separately.   naveed. You can review all supported options in the two type at this MSDN article http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnvs05/html/WAP.asp Hosam Kamel Remember to click on Mark as answer on the post that helped you hi, take a look at this post: http://forums.asp.net/t/1164387.aspx hi, thanx, can u tell me which one is best choice for programming. Naveed   It dep...

Visual Studio .NET has detected that the specified web server is not running ASP.NET version 1.1 . You will be unable to run ASP.NET Web applications
I installed Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003 . There is no problem in installation . IIS is also working fine . But when i try to open a project i get a error .  Visual Studio .NET has detected that the specified web server is not running ASP.NET version 1.1 . You will be unable to run ASP.NET Web applications or services  What is the problem ? help me Looks like web extensions are disabled. Here is the solution http://support.microsoft.com/kb/817267   If you are still stuck let me know Good luckPlease Mark Post that helped you as answer, also ...

Visual Studio .NET has detected that the specified Web server is not running ASP.NET version 1.1. You will be unable to run ASP.NET Web applications
A very common but weird error we get when trying to open asp.net applications using visual studio.net is "Visual Studio has detected that the specified Web Server is not running ASP.NET version 1.1. You will be unable to run ASP.NET Web applications or services." This Article would help you in resolving the issue. Thanks.regards,Harishhttp://geekswithblogs.net/ranganh...

Web resources about - Datawindow .Net and Web Matrix ASP.Net - sybase.datawindow.net

Intelligent Versus Surrogate Keys

chevy volt

Java Networking - Real's HowTo