Copy blobcolumn data between datawindows

I need to copy the data in a blobcolumn to another blobcolumn in another
datawindow (which contains another table with different columns - but it
does have a blobcolumn).

I do not find anything in the documentation about it. And the
Sybase.DataWindow.GraphicObjectBlobColumn class unfortunately does NOT have
an "ObjectData" property...

Does anyone have an idea on how to do it (without having to first save the
target row in the target datawindow to the database) ?

Best regards

Lars

Sweden

0
Lars

Well, GraphicObjectBlobColumn probably wouldn't really be the place
for it.  You're looking for something like a GetItem function that
returns a blob.  I was thinking RowsCopy, but that's not going to work
because the two datawindows don't have the same structure.

To be honest I don't know that there is a way.  Generally, those
columns rely on the underlying OLE Server to manipulate them.  You
might try posting in the PowerBuilder.DataWindow newsgroup to see if
some of the gurus there might have an idea for you.

On 8 Sep 2004 15:19:33 -0700, "Lars"
<larsinsybasedwnetnewsgroup@dodgeit.com> wrote:

>I need to copy the data in a blobcolumn to another blobcolumn in another
>datawindow (which contains another table with different columns - but it
>does have a blobcolumn).
>

>I do not find anything in the documentation about it. And the
>Sybase.DataWindow.GraphicObjectBlobColumn class unfortunately does NOT have
>an "ObjectData" property...
>

>Does anyone have an idea on how to do it (without having to first save the
>target row in the target datawindow to the database) ?
>

>Best regards
>
>Lars
>
>Sweden

0