Powerbuilder - Providex ODBC connection

Can any one help with creating a connection to providex(Mas 90) database
from Powerbuilder.
I set up the profile using the Mas 90 data source , I am able to connect but
get powerbuilder message saying it cannot create Catalog tables.
I can only then see one table.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

0
Mike

Connection to Access query works in developer envir, but not on the web <OleDbException (0x80004005): ODBC--connection to 'ODBC' failed>
I am VERY frustrated with a seemingly simple problem.  I am creating a gridview in VWD (express or studio), then connecting to a query within an Access Database.  The results of the query display without problem in the developer envirornment, but simply will not display when copied out to the website.  The ODBC connection that the Access Database is using fails even on the local machine.  I have spent fruitless hours looking at all security settings in IIS and the effected folders.  I could re-write all the access queries in SQL and connect to the server direct...

ODBC Connections with PowerBuilder
This is actually a follow up to my previous "PB5.0 Connection to Watcom DB." We upgraded the PB libraries to 5.0.04 and were able to solve the "The allocation of the connection handle failed" problem. However, the "The command extension block could not be allocated" still happens when: 1) Start a PB application with an ODBC connection and leave it running. 2) Start and end a second PB application with an ODBC connection. 3) Repeat step 2 24 times. 4) When the second app is started the 25th time we get the "The command extension block could not ...

OpenIngres-ODBC-Powerbuilder Connectivity
Hi, Can somebody help me with using Powerbuilder5/6 on win95 with OpenIngres 1.1 on VAX/VMS. The relevant details are as follows : I. Hardware & Software involved: --------------------------------- 1. VAX 4105 as the database server with VMS 5.5-2 2. Intel Pentium MMX 200 based PC (Digital 3100) with Microsoft Windows 95 ver 4.00.1111 3. Network protocol - TCP/IP on client as well as the server 4. OpenIngres 1.1 5. Powerbuilder 6.0/5.x 6. Intersolv ODBC drive for OpenIngres ver 3.00 7. OpenIngres/Net ver 1.2 on Windows 95 (includes Visual DBA) II. Activities carried...

Powerbuilder ODBC Connection Details
One of our customers has asked me to supply a detailed description of how our application connects with their database. Powerbuilder provides such easy database connectivity that, well, I've never really thought about the nuts and bolts of connecting. When "SQLCA.DBMS= ODBC" and an ODBC DSN is specified, what files, etc., does the pb runtime expect to read? Any other details are appreciated. Thanks, Doug 1) The ODBC system files. This is so deeped rooted into the the Windows OS that I cannot list the specific files. The ODBC system files are included in ...

ODBC Connection parameter for ASA database for FireDac Connectivity
Hi , we are migrating our Delphi application from BDE to FireDac and during the database connectivity in BDE we have used below ODBC connection code parameter: ====================================== Connection definition parameters for BDE ===================================== DATABASE NAME = Globalware.db ODBC DSN= Globalware32 OPEN MODE=READ/WRITE BATCH COUNT=200 MAX ROWS=-1 SCHEMA CACHE SIZE=8 SCHEMA CACHE TIME=-1 SQLPASSTHRU MODE=SHARED AUTOCOMMIT ENABLE SCHEMA CACHE=FALSE ENABLE BCD=FALSE ...

Setting up ODBC connection on Linux for using DBD::ODBC
--_000_E3137F97B0A0804194F369F4E7C3B71927B947875EEXCHANGEpersi_ Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii" content-transfer-encoding: quoted-printable Hi All, I have been working on Windows with Oracle DB and Active Perl and done some= DBI coding with DBD::ODBC. Now I need to move things over to Linux machine ( Red Hat Linux 4 and Oracl= e 10g.) I know this is not really a DBI question, but I thought I can get good help= here, Can someone please tell me how I set up ODBC on Linux or point me to website= s explaining this. Thanks a lot, DB DISCLAIMER=0A= =3D=3D...

ODBC cannot connect
Hi, I am trying to connect to ASA 6.0.4 ebf 3795 from W2k SP2 over Dial-up network and through a router. All works fine if I use Sybase Central but ODBC gives different error messages when testing the connection depending on having given PORT and/or UseUDP=NO parameters. The connection worked earlier when I used NT4.0. I have read those articles about the subject in Sybase site but could not solve the problem. Any ideas?? Rgs. Pauli Sammalisto ...

Odbc connection
I have powerbuilder 9.3 and trying to connect to ms Access 2003 and cannot. I Cannot even get to the database from the development mode. ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp Sunny wrote: > I have powerbuilder 9.3 and trying to connect to ms Access 2003 and cannot. I > Cannot even get to the database from the development mode. > ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- > http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp I'm not a powerbuilder person but connecting to access 2003 uses OLED...

ODBC Connection?
Hi, Does anyone have sample code for ODBC connection? I am running Impact 5.4 on W2k. I am planning to insert messages parsed value into Access database (multiple tables). Can someone help me to achieve this goal? Thanks Aftab This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ---=_forums-1-dub4384314d Content-Type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi Aftab, Attached an production object that puts Hl7 message's using ODBC in an SQL database. You need to change the DNS and table / collum names, but it's a start. Regards...

SQL Server and PowerBuilder ODBC connectivity
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ---=_forums-1-dub4b2b552c Content-Type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi I am connecting to a remote SQL Server Database thru PB and when the connection to the application fails to connect, it throws the following error (see attached file). Can we prevent this message from comming and simply trap it thru the SQLCA object? TIA Sam ---=_forums-1-dub4b2b552c Content-Type: image/pjpeg; name="SQLServer.JPG" Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64 Content-Disposition: attachment; ...

Connecting to Access from Powerbuilder via ODBC
I am unable to connect to my Access 97 database from Powerbuilder 6.5 build 444. The error I'm getting is: SQLSTATE = S1003 [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manger] Program type out of range Any help would be appreciated. Thank you. Vincent Vu vuv@gte.net I have the same problem to connect MS Access 2000 by using PowerBuilder 6.5. Do you have any solution to help me? if you have any solution please send e-mail to me. Thanks, E-mail: thomas_chow@wkk.com.hk ...

Powerbuilder and ODBC connection to Progress database
We are trying to connect an application to a Progress database. Our application is written in PB 5.04. We have version 8.3E of Progress and would like to establish an ODBC connection to our application. We are able to connect to Progress but not in Powerbuilder or through our application. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks, Carol Burrows DBC SMARTSoftware, Inc carol_burrows@dbcsmartsoftware.com When you cannot connect, what error do you get? Can you connect outside of PowerBuilder via ODBC using MS Query or some other tool. The newer versions of ODBC Administrat...

Connecting through ODBC
I'm trying to connect to an apache server using ODBC within perl express. I already tested connecting through excel. I was wondering if anyone has a snippet of code I could use to test the connecting through perl express. My guess I also need to download the dbi module. Sean Sugrue, Sean wrote: > > I'm trying to connect to an apache server using ODBC within perl > express. I already tested connecting through excel. I was wondering > if anyone has a snippet of code I could use to test the connecting > through perl express. My guess I also need to download t...

Connect with ODBC
I have a problem to configure ODBC drivers in Windows 95. I receive the message "System Error 1157" when i try add an ODBC DSN. My ODBC drivers are version INTERSOLV OEM 3.11 (get with PB70). What's this?? Help, please!! Thanks marciamoreira@sisne.com.br That error typically indicates a path issue. Make sure that the setup/driver is in the location that the registry is pointing to: Check the registry key, e.g. for the DBase driver: [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ODBC\ODBCINST.INI\PB INTERSOLV OEM 3.11 32-BIT dBASEFile (*.dbf)] "Driver"="C...

Web resources about - Powerbuilder - Providex ODBC connection - sybase.connectivity.odbc

Jim O'Neil (@jimoneil) on Twitter

Contact Us - Sybase Inc

热门搜索 - 我的异常网

Top Ranked Articles