Powerbuilder connection to MS Access using ODBC on XP

My Powerbuilder app currently connects correctly to an MS Access db to import
data using ODBC on an NT platform. We are upgrading to XP and the connection
fails.
I get this error message : "DBMS ODBC is not supported in your current
installation"

I think that it may need a .dll for XP in order to connect.
Any help would be great. Thanks
Susan

It sounds like your ODBC drivers aren't registered with XP.
Try doing the PB runtime installation again and make sure
you setup the ODBC drivers.

Regards,
Millard[TeamSybase]
> My Powerbuilder app currently connects correctly to an MS
> Access db to import data using ODBC on an NT platform. We
> are upgrading to XP and the connection fails.
> I get this error message : "DBMS ODBC is not supported in
> your current installation"
>
> I think that it may need a .dll for XP in order to
> connect. Any help would be great. Thanks
Millard

ODBC Connection error using IIS 5 and MS Access ODBC
Completely new at this so please forgive my ignorance! I have an app running on IIS 5 and 6 that when connecting to a SQL Db (via ODBC) app runs fine; however when switching to a local MS Access Db, application fails, generating the following message: "<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>   FAIL - ERROR [HY000] [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Disk or network error. ERROR [IM006] [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Driver's SQLSetConnectAttr failed ERROR [HY000] [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Disk or network error.</string&...

EAServer 6.0 connect to MS SQL SERVER using ODBC Connection
I am currently migrating from EAServer 4.2 to 6.0. I am trying to connect a SQL Server database through an ODBC connection in EAServer 6.0. When I set up the data source and tried to ping the database server, it gives me an error saying it cannot connect to the database. I have tried to change the database type from SQL SERVER to JCM_ODBC and other multiple things to try to connect, but it still fails. The odbc connection is properly set up but I can't seem to connect through EAServer. Any help would be appreciated. Could you please give the log of EAServer6 which is under ...

Connection to Access query works in developer envir, but not on the web <OleDbException (0x80004005): ODBC--connection to 'ODBC' failed>
I am VERY frustrated with a seemingly simple problem.  I am creating a gridview in VWD (express or studio), then connecting to a query within an Access Database.  The results of the query display without problem in the developer envirornment, but simply will not display when copied out to the website.  The ODBC connection that the Access Database is using fails even on the local machine.  I have spent fruitless hours looking at all security settings in IIS and the effected folders.  I could re-write all the access queries in SQL and connect to the server direct...

ODBC Connection to MS ACCESS
I'm trying to make an ODBC connection between Microsoft Access and Sybase Adaptive Server 6.00.03.274. (ODBC driver is 6.00.03.2747) I keep getting the following error message in MS ACCESS: Reserved error (-7748); there is no message for this error. I can see the SQL tables but cannot make the final connection. I sent an email to Sybase and got a message back that they had no suggestions or solution. Is there someone at Sybase that will help me with this problem. We are running Access 97. Appreciate your help. Thanks. dzg5@cdc.gov Jim Gergely Are you ...

Connecting to Access using ODBC
I am trying to connect to an Access 2000 database using ODBC. I have created my profile in Powerbuilder, but when I try to connect to the database from within Powerbuilder, I get the following error message: SQLSTATE = S1003 [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Program type out of range Here are my specs: Microsoft Access 2000 (9.0.3821 SR-1) Window 2000 Operating System Powerbuilder 6.5 Build 444 ODBC Driver Version = 4.00.5303.01 File = ODBCJT32.Dll Date = 7/26/2000 You need to either upgrade PB to at least version 6.5. or above, or downgrade ODBC. ...

How to connect MS Access with ODBC
Hi all, I am meeting a big problem. I try to use Perl to connect MS Access database from a remote machine . But I can not find a good way. I want use the DSN-less way. I search it from google, and get this example: use DBI; $dbh = DBI->connect('dbi:ODBC:driver=Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb);dbq=f:\db1.mdb'); My question is how to setup the host name or port number? Like this: $dbh = DBI->connect('dbi:ODBC:driver=Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb);ServerPort:128.128.110.110;dbq=f:\db1.mdb'); , right? or replace ServerPort with HOST? All of them do not wo...

MS Access ODBC Connection
How to connect MS Access 97 database to PowerBuiler Application? If PowerBuilder doesn't provide ODBC Driver for MS Accesss, How can I get it and how can I redistribute it to general customers who will use our application? ...

Setting up ODBC connection on Linux for using DBD::ODBC
--_000_E3137F97B0A0804194F369F4E7C3B71927B947875EEXCHANGEpersi_ Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii" content-transfer-encoding: quoted-printable Hi All, I have been working on Windows with Oracle DB and Active Perl and done some= DBI coding with DBD::ODBC. Now I need to move things over to Linux machine ( Red Hat Linux 4 and Oracl= e 10g.) I know this is not really a DBI question, but I thought I can get good help= here, Can someone please tell me how I set up ODBC on Linux or point me to website= s explaining this. Thanks a lot, DB DISCLAIMER=0A= =3D=3D...

Connect to Access with Powerbuilder via ODBC
I'm unable to connect to my Access 97 database using Powerbuilder 6.5 build 444. The error I'm getting is: SQLSTATE: S1003 [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manger]Program type out of range. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you. Vincent vuv@gte.net ...

ODBC connection to MS Access 2000
I have created a PowerBuilder app that run fine on my computer, because I have Access 2000 installed on my PC. I deployed it to a PC that apparently has MS Access 97 installed. When I run one of the datawindows I get a message "[ODBC Microsft Access 97] Expression cannot be used with the LIKE predicate...." Apparently the syntax is not supported in Access 97. I want to keep my database and program as is, so how do I get the correct drivers and dll's to run? I don't know which files go with the Access connection. (I'm running PB 6.5 on Windows 2000) ---== Poste...

ODBC connection to MS Access and Excel
We are upgrading from NT to XME and I am not able to download data from an Access database into SQL 7 using PowerBuilder 7. Although the ODBC connection has been set up when I try to connect to the Access DB I get an error message. Is there a newer PowerBuilder SQL ODBC driver needed to enable me to connect. Thanks ...

Connect to MS Excel using ODBC
Hi, I use ODBC to make a Connection with a Excel-File. I would like to set a Read/Write Passwort for the Excel-File. What kind of Parameters do I have to set to the Transaction-Object, if the Excel-File has Read/Write Passwort? Thx in advance for your answer, gzim I don't think id/pw are supported ... see the following: http://www.connectionstrings.com/ On 27 Apr 2004 06:26:52 -0700, in sybase.public.powerbuilder.database Gzim <the_matrix_3005@gmx.net> wrote: >Hi, > >I use ODBC to make a Connection with a Excel-File. I would like to set a >Re...

Connecting to Access from Powerbuilder via ODBC
I am unable to connect to my Access 97 database from Powerbuilder 6.5 build 444. The error I'm getting is: SQLSTATE = S1003 [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manger] Program type out of range Any help would be appreciated. Thank you. Vincent Vu vuv@gte.net I have the same problem to connect MS Access 2000 by using PowerBuilder 6.5. Do you have any solution to help me? if you have any solution please send e-mail to me. Thanks, E-mail: thomas_chow@wkk.com.hk ...

When using MS-ADO to connect to ASE using ASE OLEDB/ODBC driver the record count is -1
Hi VB 6 application connecting to ASE 12.5 (NT) using OLEDB/ODBC drivers. Gets a problem. He retrieve rows from the database - WORKS Fine!!! But as soon as he wants to see how many rows was returned the recordcount returns -1. He gets this problem connecting using ODBC and OLEDB. He gets the recordcount from the recordset object's recordcount property. This is what I found on the MSDN online manuals: RecordCount Property - ADO Indicates the current number of records in a Recordset object. Applies To Recordset Remarks Use the RecordCount property to find out how many r...

Web resources about - Powerbuilder connection to MS Access using ODBC on XP - sybase.connectivity.odbc

Jim O'Neil (@jimoneil) on Twitter

Contact Us - Sybase Inc

热门搜索 - 我的异常网

Top Ranked Articles