ODBC Error: MS SQL Server 7.0 + PB 6.0 +WINNT 4.0

Hi,

I have installed SQL Server 7.0 Standard Ed. on Windows NT 4.0 with Service
Pack 4.

Then I installed Power Builder 6.0 Enterprise Ed. on the same server machine
NT 4.0 + SQL Server 7.0 + PB 6.0 ( no patches for any thing installed)

After defining an ODBC DSN and Profile in PB 6.0, when i try to connect from
within Profile setup, it connects to the SQL Server 7.0 Database. But when i
click on the Tables or Database icons on the toolbar to open the DB or
tables, I get an error message like

SQLSTATE =S1003
[MICROSOFT] [ODBC DRIVER MANAGER] Program Type Out of Range

on the server.

The same type of profile & ODBC settings on the Win95 and Win98 clients with
Dcom95 installed along with SQL Server 7.0 connectivity S/W doesn't give the
same problem. Even if it occurs occasionally a reboot of the client machine
corrects it.

What can be the cause for this ? and how it can be corrected?

Can somebody suggest a solution..

gratefully yours'

T. Sivakumar
HCL Infosystems Ltd., Coimbatore
tshiv@hotmail.com or hclpso@vsnl.com

0
hclpso

Information on the fix has been posted to the powersoft forums, you can get
fix at:

ftp://psaftp.sybase.com/pub/private/pbpatch/pb65_weekly/odbcnew/odbcnew.zip

0
hclpso

Error connecting Pb 6.5 and Pb 7.0 to SQL SERVER 7.0 desktop(Window 98)
Today(9 Sep 1999), I can't connect to SQL Server 7.0 before this i can connect it. It give an Error "Unable to connect : SQL Server is unavailable or does not exist, Specified SQl Server not found ". I have check with Query analyzer , the Query analyzer can connect very well. Any one this have this problem, and how to solve this ??? TIA -- Regards Daniel Fransius not enough information... are you trying to use OLE DB ? ODBC ? Native driver ? What about security settings on the server ? What user id and password are you passing ? There is a lot of things ...

Problem with PB 7.0 And MS SQL Server 7.0 ODBC
I am having some problem using PowerBuilder 7.0 with MS SQL Server 7.0 and ODBC. Arguments to datawindows and nested SQL doesn't seem the work properly. The following is some lines from the ODBC trace-file: SELECT report.reportkey, report.reporttype, report.reportname FROM report WHERE exists (SELECT reportparam.reportkey FROM reportparam WHERE ( reportparam.reportkey = report.reportkey ) AND reportparam.paramtype = ? )) ORDER BY report.reportname VCHAR Length=4 ID=:as_paramtype *test* (10 MilliSeconds) Error 999 (rc -1) : SQLSTATE ...

PB 5.0.04 on NT 4.0 running MS SQL Server 7.0?
Anyone running PB 5.0.04 on MS SQL 7.0? We're running against MS SQL 6.5 and are considering upgrading to take advantage of some of the new features. Are there new SQL drivers available or required? TIA, pat yuen pyuen@carmafinancial.com 5.0.04 doesn't work with SQL7, you'll need to upgrade to PB 6.5.1 or 7.0 Simon Pat Yuen wrote in message ... >Anyone running PB 5.0.04 on MS SQL 7.0? We're running against MS SQL 6.5 >and are considering upgrading to take advantage of some of the new features. >Are there new SQL drivers available or required?...

PB 6.0/MS SQL Server 7.0
How do I set up a connection to my MS SQL Server 7.0 database using PowerBuilder 6.0? Trying to set up a Database Profile for the MSSQL 7.0 database doesn't seem to work. I also tried connecting through ODBC, but I get an error message when trying to open the database: SQLSTATE = S1003 [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Program type out of range. I know my ODBC Data Source is connecting to the database. I was able to test it through Access. Is there an updated driver/dll for MS SQL Server 7.x? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Mike A quick scan of the other ne...

Problem with PB 6.0, SQL Server 6.5, Driver ODBC Intersolv 3.0
I have a strange problem using Driver ODBC Intersolv 3.0 for SQL Server 6.5; when I work with PB 6.0 and I use the Database painter, PB open two connections to the database. Into the first connection the statements are: use <Dbname> SET ANSI_NULL_DFTL_ON ON exec Sp_SeRvEr_InFo exec sp_server_info exec sp_datatype_info 0 In the second connection, PB execute the statement required by the painter. In the first connection no other requests appair and the connection seems 'suspended' until I close PB. This behavior is replicate when I run the application from PB ...

ODBC driver for MS SQL Server 7 and PB 6.0
Hi, does anyone knows the version of the ODBC driver supported for MS SQL Server 7???. I want to connect from Power Builder 6.0. Please, help me. TIA. Erick Morales. ...

Second posting for problem with PB 6.0, SQL Server 6.5, Driver ODBC Intersolv 3.0
I have a strange problem using Driver ODBC Intersolv 3.0 for SQL Server 6.5; when I work with PB 6.0 and I use the Database painter, PB open two connections to the database. Into the first connection the statements are: use <Dbname> SET ANSI_NULL_DFTL_ON ON exec Sp_SeRvEr_InFo exec sp_server_info exec sp_datatype_info 0 In the second connection, PB execute the statement required by the painter. In the first connection no other requests appair and the connection seems 'suspended' until I close PB. This behavior is replicate when I run the application from PB (I...

Error Connection To MS SQL Server 7.0 From PB 6.5.1
Dear everyone: I have Microsoft Backoffice SmallBusiness 4.5 Chinese Edition. The software suite includes MS SQL Server 7.0. But I can not find Client ODBC Driver For MS SQL Server 7.0 in it. My workstation OS is Windows 98 Chinese Edition. In PB 6.5.1, when I use MSS MS SQL Server 6.x interface, I can connect to the database in the backend server. But when I use SQL Server driver in ODBC, I got error message. The error message is chinese. But I think the english error message maybe like "Program Type Beyond". I want to know how to solve it or how to get ODBC driver for M...

Error Connection To MS SQL Server 7.0 From PB 6.5.1
Dear everyone: I have Microsoft Backoffice SmallBusiness 4.5 Chinese Edition. The software suite includes MS SQL Server 7.0. But I can not find Client ODBC Driver For MS SQL Server 7.0 in it. My workstation OS is Windows 98 Chinese Edition. In PB 6.5.1, when I use MSS MS SQL Server 6.x interface, I can connect to the database in the backend server. But when I use SQL Server driver in ODBC, I got error message. The error message is chinese. But I think the english error message maybe like "Program Type Beyond". I want to know how to solve it or how to get ODBC driver for M...

ODBC error "Program type out of range" , SQL State S1003 : PB6.0--->MS SQL Server7.0 on WIN NT4.0
Hi, I have installed SQL Server 7.0 Standard Ed. on Windows NT 4.0 with Service Pack 4. Then I installed Power Builder 6.0 Enterprise Ed. on the same server machine NT 4.0 + SQL Server 7.0 After defining an ODBC DSN and Profile in PB 6.0, when i try to connect from within Profile setup, it connects to the SQL Server 7.0 Database. But when i click on the Tables or Database icons on the toolbar to open the DB or tables, I get an error message like SQLSTATE =S1003 [MICROSOFT] [ODBC DRIVER MANAGER] Program Type Out of Range The same type of profile & ODBC settings on the W...

PB 5.0.4 and ASA 6.0.3 with ODBC 3.0.28.xxx
Hi, I've tried applying ODBC 3.0.28 over the 3.0.51 version from ASA 6.0.3 and still have problems, but this time it's the "no catalogue tables" and "xxx has no columns" when opening a table. No database access is successful. I've applied the PB 5.0.4 EBF #3 from the support library too. Please help. Thanks and regards, Andre Lipinski hello... I'm facing the same problem but my PB is version 6.5.1 Any solution yet from sybase pertaining to the problem........ Thanks a lot Andre Lipinski <AndreL@globalserve.net> wrote in messa...

PB 6.5/7.0 to SQL Server 7.0
Hi everybody, I hope someboby can help me. 1. What do i have to do to connect SQL Server 7.0 using PB6.5 with native=20 drivers? 2. I have so many problems using PB7.0 and SQL Server 7.0, in fact i can=B4= t=20 use it due to: - The connection through native drivers is too slow, and almost impossible = using more than one transcction object. - It's very often to get Dr. Watson messages that close everything, so that= =20 i can't develop. Thanks in advanced. Ulises Gomez RCI Mexico ulises.gomez@latam.rci.com 1. Upgrade to 6.5.1 2. Which version/build of PB7?...

Web resources about - ODBC Error: MS SQL Server 7.0 + PB 6.0 +WINNT 4.0 - sybase.connectivity.odbc