MS ACCESS Problem PLEASE HELP!

Hi all,

I have been trying to connect to any MsAccess database via Powerbuilder 6.5
without any success. I get the following message:

SQLSTATE = S1003
[Microsoft][ODBC driver] Program Type Is Out Of Area

when i try to access the database painter i get this message. I also get
this when I open DB Administrator and type in a select to the Access db - it
displays the labels of the columns, but does not retrieve anything and also
pops- up the aforementioned "Program Type Is Out Of Area" message.

FYI, I have MSAccess 97 installed on my PC.

Has anyone encountered this before? Please help me! I need this for a big
project!

Thanks,
Kat

0
kat

You will get this error when in your system if you have instaleld access 97
and 2000. u try to acccess any of this database..

for futher help u can contact me on sachindedhia2002@yahoo.com
0
Sachin
5/14/2002 6:40:51 AM
Hi

I am also facing same problem please
send me the solution how to use ms-access 2000 with
powerbuilder 6.5 with ODBC  . .... Its giving program out of type problem
........ I need patches for pb6.5 where is it ?
Pl send links on
sukhramlal@rediffmail.com    its very urgent

0
sukhram_lal

MS ACCESS Problem PLEASE HELP! ---UPDATE
Hmm... In addition to my previous message, I tried to connect to MSAccess in PB 7 and it worked fine, so I assume this is a PB6.5 BUUUUUUUUUUUG! does this ring a bell to anyone? I need to do my coding in PB 6.5 thanks again brad schatz loves buuuuuuuuuuug ...

Please help, PB8 connected to MS-ACCESS ?
Hello to you, I'm newbie in pb world, using pb8 My background is from vb,vfp Would you mind to guide me, "step by step" ? It 'd drove me crazy in a week I 'd prapare the MS-ACCESS database format 97, 2000 & XP. Please tell what should I do to connected & the real problem is it is read-only ? Let me said : table named customer (custno, custname, address) I'd set "custno" to primary key then I open pb and connected it by odbc (I just used the default setting). then I open database profile and makes the connection. When I clciked Conne...

Please help, PB8 connected to MS-ACCESS ?
Hello to you, I'm newbie in pb world, using pb8 My background is from vb,vfp Would you mind to guide me, "step by step" ? It 'd drove me crazy in a week I 'd prapare the MS-ACCESS database format 97, 2000 & XP. Please tell what should I do to connected & the real problem is it is read-only ? Let me said : table named customer (custno, custname, address) I'd set "custno" to primary key then I open pb and connected it by odbc (I just used the default setting). then I open database profile and makes the connection. When I clciked Conne...

ASA6 and MS Access ODBC connection problems
In attempting to "link" an ASA6 table to MS Access8, the specified DSN does not connect after I am prompted with the DSN dialog box and input the user id and password. However, It does allow a connection if the user id and password is put in the DSN before attempting to link the table. I have used the same DSN (without the userid and password) to connect to the database using Sybase Central, MS Query and Powerbuilder 6 without any problems. Has anyone else had similar problems? Juan :-( ...

Please help, PB8 connected to MS-ACCESS ?
Hello to you, I'm newbie in pb world, using pb8 My background is from vb,vfp Would you mind to guide me, "step by step" ? It 'd drove me crazy in a week I 'd prapare the MS-ACCESS database format 97, 2000 & XP. Please tell what should I do to connected & the real problem is it is read-only ? Let me said : table named customer (custno, custname, address) I'd set "custno" to primary key then I open pb and connected it by odbc (I just used the default setting). then I open database profile and makes the connection. When I clciked Conne...

Please help, Connect to MS-ACCESS goes read-only?
[...]

Adaptive Server ODBC Connection Problems with MS Access
I'm trying to make an ODBC connection between Microsoft Access and Sybase Adaptive Server 6.00.03.274. (ODBC driver is 6.00.03.2747) I keep getting the following error message in MS ACCESS: Reserved error (-7748); there is no message for this error. I can see the SQL tables but cannot make the final connection. I sent an email to Sybase and got a message back that they had no suggestions or solution. Is there someone at Sybase that will help me with this problem. We are running Access 97. Appreciate your help. Thanks. Run an ODBC trace to see if that provid...

Please help, Connect to MS-ACCESS goes read-only?
Hello to you, I'm newbie in pb world, using pb8 My background is from vb,vfp Would you mind to guide me, "step by step" ? It 'd drove me crazy in a week I 'd prapare the MS-ACCESS database format 97, 2000 & XP. Please tell what should I do to connected & the real problem is it is read-only ? Let me said : table named customer (custno, custname, address) I'd set "custno" to primary key then I open pb and connected it by odbc (I just used the default setting). then I open database profile and makes the connection. When I clciked Conne...

Please Help !!! Problems with displaying data for aspDataGrid from MS Access
I have asked my instructors, and searched websites for expamles of displaying a asp datagrid with using a sql query. I am using a sql select from where statement to display data in a grid but an erorr page shows up when I try to display it.  here is a link to my program http://152.8.130.114/waltersj/Project/entertainment.aspx I think the problem is in this portion of my code. The program is supposed to allow the user to select a state from a dropdownlist and display columns with the matching state.          // Read a database a...

Jaguar <-> MS Access odbc connection problem
Hello, everybody! I have such a problem: When Jaguar 3.6.1 connects or pings MS Access 97 through ODBC it starts to generate flaming traffic (in both directions). Nothing can stop it but restarting Jaguar Server. Do you have any ideas? Thanx a lot. Andrew. ...

SQL-Anywhere ODBC->MS-Access Slow ! Help Please!
Hello.... We are useing Ms-Access97 as frontend to get data from SQL-Anwhere.Everything is fine if we use ISQL. It loads 10000 records in a 2-4 seconds. But if i use ODBC and MS-Access there are only 3000 records/min. How this ? Please Help ! thanks in advance Hans Martin Are you SELECTing records back or are you INSERTing rows to the database? -- Jim Egan [TeamPS] Dealer Solutions, LLC Houston, TX This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------310D9E4D4EB302E182ECFF41 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hans- ...

Connecting to MS Access 2007 (I Really Need Your Help Here) Please Read.
First I wanna say thank you for reading this topic. I am a beginner in coding ASP. I really want to learn more about it. My problem is:1. I am connecting to MS Access 2007 as my database (I am using IIS 6). When I run the script, it reads data but when I am going to Update the record error appears like this:Data Source is Read-Only. 2. I Check the file in the IIS Manager and the property 'Read' 'Write' was both checked. Can anyone explain to me what is really a problem here:Please show me some codes. Thanx ASP or ASP.NET?  There's a difference. Show a ...

Web resources about - MS ACCESS Problem PLEASE HELP! - sybase.connectivity.odbc

The problem with Australia Day
National days should unite. Ours divides. January 26 is precisely the wrong date.

No shuttle? No problem. Space City’s new carrier aircraft exhibit soars
Independence sits atop the Shuttle Carrier Aircraft. (credit: Lee Hutchinson) HOUSTON—It was the bitterest of pills for Houston, the home of ...

Existing Home Sales Bounce Essentially a Mirage; Supply Drops to 11-Year Low: Is that a Problem?
Home Sales Mirage Bounce December existing Home Sales bounced a whopping 14.7% from November's dismal showing. But most of that bounce was a ...

Flint’s Not the Only Problem in Michigan
State residents are protesting a plan by a Marathon Petroleum refinery to increase emissions of sulfur dioxide and seven other toxic chemicals. ...

Complaining About Social Media? You’re Part Of The Problem.
... for following people back. If anything, this “quid pro quo” thing we’ve created on social networks is part of what has created the very problem ...

Idris Elba nailed Hollywood's diversity problem
"Beasts of No Nation" star Idris Elba recently addressed British Parliament about diversity issues in the TV and movie industry. He called out ...

The Problem Is Power Itself
... to ensure that only the ‘right’ people control state power, but by reducing state power itself. Put differently, the fundamental problem is ...

Viola Davis: The problem isn’t the Oscars, the problem is the whole industry
... her anger and sadness at the system that devalues her as a woman and as an artist. So, Viola has chimed in about #OscarsSoWhite. “The problem ...

IDG Contributor Network: The machine learning problem of the next decade
A few months ago, my company, CrowdFlower, ran a machine learning competition on Kaggle . It perfectly highlighted the biggest opportunity (and ...