Error Converting Datatype Using MS SQLServer and Powerbuilder 7.0 build 8046

Ladies and Gentlemen,

I recently upgraded a client to a new release of our software.  There
weren't any code changes in the offending module. All that's really going on
is a SQL statement being built  and executed in the code.  However, I did
build the software using Powerbuilder 7.0 build 8046.  Now clients are
getting the following error:
Error Code = 242
Select Error: SQLState = 22008
[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server] The conversion of a char
data type to a datetime datatype resulted in an out-of-range datetime value.

I thought that perhaps the date formatting on the problem workstations had
been changed, but I have modified this into every conceivable contortion to
no avail.

The operating system is Windows 98. This is the ODBC related stuff at the
PBODB70.dll ver 7.0.2.8046 and MS SQL Server 3.70.06.03 are in use at the
client site.  Is there something in the PBODB70.ini that I need to set?

Puzzled, Exasparated, and Generally PO'd

Thanks in advance for any advice,
Rob Samek
samekr@powervisionsw.com

0
Rob

Rob Samek wrote:

> I recently upgraded a client to a new release of our software.  There
> weren't any code changes in the offending module. All that's really going on
> is a SQL statement being built  and executed in the code.  However, I did
> build the software using Powerbuilder 7.0 build 8046.  Now clients are
> getting the following error:
> Error Code = 242
> Select Error: SQLState = 22008
> [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server] The conversion of a char
> data type to a datetime datatype resulted in an out-of-range datetime value.
>
> I thought that perhaps the date formatting on the problem workstations had
> been changed, but I have modified this into every conceivable contortion to
> no avail.
>
> The operating system is Windows 98. This is the ODBC related stuff at the
> PBODB70.dll ver 7.0.2.8046 and MS SQL Server 3.70.06.03 are in use at the
> client site.  Is there something in the PBODB70.ini that I need to set?

	I would start by looking at the char value that is failing the
	conversion to datetime. Perhaps it is out of range as the message
	suggests. Or, alternatively, the "dmy" format of dates has changed
	causing seeming correct values to fail.

-am
0
Anthony

Connect MS-SQL 7.0 in PowerBuilder 7.0
In PowerBuilder 6.5, I can connect MS-SQL 6.5 directly not using ODBC, but in PowerBuilder 7.0, how can I connect MS-SQL 7.0 directly ? Please post to the powersoft.public.powerbuilder newsgroups This is dedicated to PB issues when used within Jaguar Masun wrote: > In PowerBuilder 6.5, I can connect MS-SQL 6.5 directly not using ODBC, but > in PowerBuilder 7.0, how can I connect MS-SQL 7.0 directly ? ...

How to connect to Ms Sqlserver 7.0 with powerbuilder 6.5
I want to connect to Ms Sqlserver 7.0 with powerbuilder 6.5. Would you please tell me where I can download the native database driver? Thank you very much! Sincerely, Fang Jing fangjing@telekbird.com.cn I have not been able to find a native driver anywhere. We are having no real problems using the SQL 6.5 drivers with PB 6.5.1. You have to upgrade to PB 6.5.1 or there are some issues. (Like you can't paint a DW off of a stored proc) Hope this helps....Paul Fang Jing <fangjing@telekbird.com.cn> wrote in message news:tmKLHsSR$GA.289@forums.sybase.com... ...

PB6.5 Build 444 + MS SQL7.0 + MS SQL 7.0 DB connection DLL files
PB6.5 Build 444 + MS SQL7.0 + MS SQL 7.0 DB connection DLL files. Compiled program running on the Win98 without MS SQL 7.0 client application installed. I can not get the DB connection by using external ip address like "202.199.12.12", but for internal ip address "10.4.32.2" which is one of our intranet ip address, it works well. The error is "unable to find SQL Server or SQL Server unvaliable". Both of the two ip adresses are associated with the same DB Server. Thanks ...

PB6.5 Build 444 + MS SQL7.0 + MS SQL 7.0 DB connection DLL files #2
PB6.5 Build 444 + MS SQL7.0 + MS SQL 7.0 DB connection DLL files. Compiled program running on the Win98 without MS SQL 7.0 client application installed. I can not get the DB connection by using external ip address like "202.199.12.12", but for internal ip address "10.4.32.2" which is one of our intranet ip address, it works well. The error is "unable to find SQL Server or SQL Server unvaliable". Thanks ...

ODBC Error: MS SQL Server 7.0 + PB 6.0 +WINNT 4.0
Hi, I have installed SQL Server 7.0 Standard Ed. on Windows NT 4.0 with Service Pack 4. Then I installed Power Builder 6.0 Enterprise Ed. on the same server machine NT 4.0 + SQL Server 7.0 + PB 6.0 ( no patches for any thing installed) After defining an ODBC DSN and Profile in PB 6.0, when i try to connect from within Profile setup, it connects to the SQL Server 7.0 Database. But when i click on the Tables or Database icons on the toolbar to open the DB or tables, I get an error message like SQLSTATE =S1003 [MICROSOFT] [ODBC DRIVER MANAGER] Program Type Out of Range on the...

Problems with db-library and ODBC using with MS SQL Server ver 7.0 PowerBuilder ver 6.5. And OLE-DB for Microsoft OLAP Services
There are many problems when running the aplication using the new ODBC driver for SQL ver 7. Simple, does not work. It�s any patch to this problem ? Using DB Library makes poor query plans in some case using SQL Server 7.0. It�s any path ? It�s any patch or utility to use OLE-DB for connecting Microsoft OLAP Services ? Carlos Lara darsa@solnet.com.mx ...

ODBC Connection error using IIS 5 and MS Access ODBC
Completely new at this so please forgive my ignorance! I have an app running on IIS 5 and 6 that when connecting to a SQL Db (via ODBC) app runs fine; however when switching to a local MS Access Db, application fails, generating the following message: "<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>   FAIL - ERROR [HY000] [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Disk or network error. ERROR [IM006] [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Driver's SQLSetConnectAttr failed ERROR [HY000] [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Disk or network error.</string&...

Migrate from PB 7.0.2 Build 8046 to PB 7.0.3 Build 10009
Is it a good move ? I use PB 7.0.2 C3 Build 8047 on Windows NT 4 sp 6a, but I want to move to Windows 2000 soon. I read than only the version 7.0.3 and above are Windows 2000 compilant. Do I have to expect some problems if I move to the version 7.0.3 Build 10009 than I dwonloaded from the sybase web site. Thank for your answers... Franc. Hi, I don't know if there is a technical problem. But my app. and PB works on Winnt 4.0 and Win2K server very fine. And i've don't received any problem reports since a long time. (The versions i've tested are 7.0, 7.0.2 ...

how do you do a select into using powerbuilder 8.0 connecting to sql server 7.0
I have a powerbuilder app that used to connect to a sql anywhere database that is now connecting to sql server. I have found an equivalent to the today(*) function: select substring(convert(char(10), getdate(), 120), 1, 10) The problem with this is that it will not work in a select-into because sub quereies are not allowed. So, what I want to do is a select-into using the above conversion query, store it in a local date variable above but I keep getting a syntax error(I have also tried using a local string variable and I get the same error) . Here is the code that generates the...

EAServer 6.0 connect to MS SQL SERVER using ODBC Connection
I am currently migrating from EAServer 4.2 to 6.0. I am trying to connect a SQL Server database through an ODBC connection in EAServer 6.0. When I set up the data source and tried to ping the database server, it gives me an error saying it cannot connect to the database. I have tried to change the database type from SQL SERVER to JCM_ODBC and other multiple things to try to connect, but it still fails. The odbc connection is properly set up but I can't seem to connect through EAServer. Any help would be appreciated. Could you please give the log of EAServer6 which is under ...

Powerbuilder 5.0/7.0 and MS SQL 7.0 Performance issues
We recently converted our app from Powerbuilder 5.0 to PB 7.0 -- the app in PB 7.0 definitely runs slower on the client PC's than it did in PB 5.0. Now we are migrating the database from MS SQL 6.5 to 7.0 SP2. We successfully converted the databases in a testing environment, but now the app runs terribly slow! I don't think it's a hardware issue -- the test box is a Compaq 8500 quad Xeon 500 w/1GB Ram. We experimented running the app as a PB 5.0 app against MS SQL 7.0 and the problem is the same. When we execute SQL directly against the DB outside of PB, we see no perf...

Pipeline Error using MS SQL Server 7.0
Whe I use the pipeline to copy a table from one MS SQL Server 7.0 database to another, I get the following error: Database error 999 SQLSTATE 07001 [Microsoft] ODBC SQL server Driver] COUNT field incorrect I am connecting to these database with ODBC and NOT any "native" drivers. Powerbuilder 6.51 Microsoft SQL Server 7.0 service pack 1 Any ideas? Thanks, Andy just a guess, but do you have a column in your table named [count] ? SQL Server allows keywords to be used as column/table names as long you provide the {} brackets around it. If you are using ODBC ...

Powerbuilder & 7.0, 7.01 build 7027, 7.02 build xxxx y sigue
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_002C_01BF792A.2CDB2550 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Me gustaria saber cual es el mejor metodo para conseguir la ultima = version disponible por Sybase.=20 Hasta ahora aparte de un contrato de mantenimiento que teniamos con = Sybase (UPS) y que actualizaba la version cada 6 meses y debido a la = cantidad de Bug's que han aparecido repentinamente en la 7.0 (despues de = una muy estable 6.5) no teniamos otro metodo para actualizar versiones...

PB 7.0.3 Bug with MS SqlServer 7.0
I am using PowerBuilder 7.0.3 Build 10009 and MS SqlServer 7.0 under Windows NT Workstation 4.0 In the Database Profiles under Installed Database Interfaces I see MSS MS SQL Server 6.X (Why?). I build a connection to an existing database there and it work fine. Now I go in Database Painter and try to look at the properties for a foreign key of a table. I got a Dr. Watson error and I was kicked out of PB? Anybody know how to solve this bug ? Thanks Ths problem did not happen when I connect to the same database through ODBC. Rizwan Hussain <rizwan_hussain@yahoo.com> wrote ...

Web resources about - Error Converting Datatype Using MS SQLServer and Powerbuilder 7.0 build 8046 - sybase.connectivity.odbc

Jim O'Neil (@jimoneil) on Twitter

Contact Us - Sybase Inc

热门搜索 - 我的异常网

Top Ranked Articles