Connecting PowerBuilder 7.0 to Oracle 8i via ODBC

Hi all,

I am connecting a PowerBuilder 7.0 application to an Oracle 8i database via
ODBC (driver version 8.01.61.00) in a client server system. The Oracle ODBC
driver does retrieve the table information but not the columns. I get the
message "Table 'xxxx' has no columns, possible invalid table format". If I
use the native connection or the Microsoft ODBC driver instead, it seems to
fix the problem. Using the Microsoft driver is not an option because of it
not supporting BLOBs.

Thanks in advance,
Didier Latkowski

0
Didier

How Configure ODBC for Linux Red Hat 7.0 for connect to Oracle 8i
I need do its setup for connect to Oracle 8i, please helpme You must have an ODBC Driver Manager installed for Linux. You must have an ODBC driver for Oracle on Linux. If you have both of those (neither are provided by iAnywhere/Sybase), then you would follow the directions those products include to set this up. -- David Fishburn Certified SQL Anywhere Associate Sybase - iAnywhere Solutions Professional Services Please only post to the newsgroup EBFs and Maintenance Releases http://downloads.sybase.com/swx/sdmain.stm Whitepapers http://www.sybase.com/developer/mobile/ CaseX...

Connecting to Oracle 8i via ODBC
How can I connect to Oracle 8i via ODBC without putting the UID and PWD in the ConnectString? I tried using the UserId, DbPass, LogId, and LogPass members of the SqlCa, but they seemed to be ignored. AFAIK, ODBC uses the ConnectString argument, regardless of the actual database backend... Paul Horan [TeamSybase] Buffalo, NY "Brian Dick" <bdick@home.com> wrote in message news:DcvEC9k$$GA.65@forums.sybase.com... > How can I connect to Oracle 8i via ODBC without putting the UID and PWD in > the ConnectString? I tried using the UserId, DbPass, LogId, and ...

ORACLE procedures, PowerBuilder and connection via ODBC
Hi! My problem is: I have a procedure on ORACLE database: create procedure (as_name IN VARCHAR2, al_id IN OUT INTEGER); begin .... end; and I am connecting to ORACLE via ODBC. How can I execute such a procedure from Powerbuilder. I have tried to do this in all possible manners described in the documentation (RPCFUN, Declare, PBDBMS), but I have failed. There is always an error from database. I have succeded to execute this procedure when I was connecting via Native Driver, but I cannot use Nat...

Avoiding ODBC Connections when setting up a UDB database in Powerbuilder 7.0
Hi group, i am trying to get rid of the ODBC settings that are generally required when one tries to connect PB with UDB. Is there a way to do that?? You would still need to have the driver registered. But you could use a DNSless connection to avoid having to have entries for the database. See the last half of the following: http://teamsybase.net/blogs/?p=44 On 29 Jan 2007 04:56:50 -0800, normaltusker@gmail.com wrote: >Hi group, >i am trying to get rid of the ODBC settings that are generally >required when one tries to connect PB with UDB. Is there a way to do...

PB 8 connect ASA 7.0 via ODBC and JDBC
When PowerBuilder connect ASA 7.0 via ODBC, I exec system store procedure exec sa_conn_info under powerbuilder isql session , it work fine! When I connect ASA 7.0 via JDBC(Jconnect 5.2), I exec the same store procedure, it return error like this "Select error:Internal Error: No ResultSet: The Command did not produce any ResultSet" ps :PB 8.0.2 version 9506 os:win2000 jdbc:jconnect 5.2 Does it PB 8.0.2 bug? ...

PB 8 connect ASA 7.0 via ODBC and JDBC #2
When PowerBuilder connect ASA 7.0 via ODBC, I exec system store procedure exec sa_conn_info under powerbuilder isql session , it work fine! When I connect ASA 7.0 via JDBC(Jconnect 5.2), I exec the same store procedure, it return error like this "Select error:Internal Error: No ResultSet: The Command did not produce any ResultSet" ps :PB 8.0.2 version 9506 os:win2000 jdbc:jconnect 5.2 Does it PB ...

ODBC 3.0...can't connect anymore via Powerbuilder
I applied the Powerbuilder 5.0.03 maintenance release and agreed to the install option of upgrading ODBC to 3.0... Now I can't connect to my SQLAnywhere datasources from Powerbuilder. I CAN connect to them from SQLCentral. When I try to connect from the database painter 1) the db engine fires up 2) I log in, and this seems to go fine 3) I get the message: "An error occurred, yet no message was returned by the database driver." And then the connection fails. I thought it was that PB didn't fully upgrade ODBC or something, so I installed NT Service Pack 3 ...

Problem using ASA 7.0 connecting to ASE 11.9.2 via ODBC DSN
Hi: I downloaded ASA 7.0.2 to evaluate it as a Client to connect to a databse which is installed on an ASE 11.9.2. system (first of all, can this be done?). I am running Win 2K Professional. I have already set up an ODBC DSN which I have used successfully for creating a linked server to the ASE database in MS SQL Server 2000. I also have used this DSN to create a successful ODBC link to MS Access 2000 In this case I created an ASA 7.0 DSN using the same configuration parameters that I used for the the above DSN, but when I test the connection in Sybase Central 4.0 (or in the ODBC ...

Problem using ASA 7.0 to connect to ASE 11.9.2 via ASA ODBC DSN
[...]

I need to connect to powerbuilder 7 to oracle 9 without odbc, through of drivers native ones of net9. Somebody knows like doing it?
Hi : I need to connect to powerbuilder 7 to oracle 9 without odbc, through of drivers native ones of net9. Somebody knows like doing it? I am inexperienced in the subject. find in db profile that they were drivers native of oracle 804 and 805. Drivers native of oracle 9 exists? or definitively I am due to connect to traves of odbc? thank you from chile You can use the O84 Oracle 8.0.4/8.0.5 driver to connect to Oracle 9. -- S.V. Software http://www.svsoftware.da.ru Home of SQL Builder Professional for PowerBuilder Download the Demo Version Now!!! Source code available ...

ODBC for PowerBuilder connecting to Oracle 8
I've got a legacy PB4 application on Win 95 and 3x clients that I haven't been able to get to connect to an Oracle 8.0.5 database on Windows NT. PB4 isn't working properly with SQL*Net 2.3.3, the client that comes on the Oracle 8 CD. Would it be easier to use ODBC to connect than SQL*Net? Please advise. Most PB4 apps are 16 bit, and I'm guessing that the SQL*NET you have installed on that machine is 32 bit. You either need to (a) use a 32 bit version of SQL*NET or (b) install the 16 bit version of SQL*NET. (I would recommend the former of the two). Also, you need t...

ODBC Connections with SQL 7.0
I am using NT 4.0 (SP6a), SQL 7.0 (SP2), ODBCJT32.DLL version 4.0.4403.2, SQLSRV32.DLL version 3.7.08.20. When I try using ODBC to connect to my database, I am able to see that my application is connecting to the database, but then won't let me log in advising that I am using an 'invalid user or password.' If I change this back to native drivers, everything works fine and I am able to log into my application. I only encounter the problem when I am trying to use ODBC. Has anyone else run across this? Thanks, Mike Perhaps the database your ODBC connection is ...

ODBC Connectivity
Does anybody know about this situation ? I am using PB7 Build 5031 and Sybase Adaptive server Anywhere 6. I migrated the application from PB6.5 to PB 7. Everything went well. I am able to connect to the ODBC data source from design mode. I created a EXE of the PB Appl. Now I am unable to connect to the ODBC data source. 'DMBS ODBC is not supported in your current installation' - is the sqlerrtext. I am able to connect to the same database from PB6.5 design, exe and also PB7.0 desing mode. Me Too. Exact same prob. Someone please help us! >PB7 Build 5031 a...

Web resources about - Connecting PowerBuilder 7.0 to Oracle 8i via ODBC - sybase.connectivity.odbc

Jim O'Neil (@jimoneil) on Twitter

Contact Us - Sybase Inc

热门搜索 - 我的异常网

Top Ranked Articles