Access violation dbodbc6.dll

Hi!

I'm referring a posting 'DBODBC6.DLL error when opening 4 tables in
delphi 3'
in comp.databases.sybase.

The same
exception class EAccessViolation with message  'Access violation at
address 04C2DD40 in module 'dbodbc6.dll'. Write of address 04911064'
is raised in our Delphi 4 application occasionally when the result set
of the query is empty.
It doesn't happen every time, but has happened more than once. How to
proceed to decide if the problem is in dll or in Delphi or in our
application?

I'll inform more when we know more.
Thanks
Juho Joensuu
Softsys Oy

0
Juho

Access violation in dbodbc6.dll
Periodically, our application generates a windows error 'Access violation in dbodbc6.dll'. Usually you can restart the sub module which was involved with generating the error message. Occasionally it is necessary to completely restart the application. I thought there may be some mismatch between library versions... but tests do not seem to bear this out. The Sybase engine is SQLanywhere 6.0 and the platform is WNT 4.0. The problem appears to occur on a subset, but not all of the clients, the application software is common to all clients. This is a fairly mature application...

Connection to Access query works in developer envir, but not on the web <OleDbException (0x80004005): ODBC--connection to 'ODBC' failed>
I am VERY frustrated with a seemingly simple problem.  I am creating a gridview in VWD (express or studio), then connecting to a query within an Access Database.  The results of the query display without problem in the developer envirornment, but simply will not display when copied out to the website.  The ODBC connection that the Access Database is using fails even on the local machine.  I have spent fruitless hours looking at all security settings in IIS and the effected folders.  I could re-write all the access queries in SQL and connect to the server direct...

msado15.dll,ntdll.dll Access Violation in XP (sp3)
Hi every one.. Im try something.. I coded a little exe on win 7 64 bit with XE2... one form one adoquery one adoconnection one datasource one dbgrid my query has got one parameters... I create parameters by code. my code block: adoquery1.Close; adoquery1.SQL.Clear; adoquery1.Parameters.Clear; adoquery1.Parameters.CreateParameter('pr_param1',ftinteger,pdInput,0,0); showmessage(adoquery1.Parameters[0].Name); adoquery1.SQL.ADD('SELECT (SELECT table1.field1 FROM table1 WHERE table1.OPKODU=table2.OPERASYONKODU) AS OPISIM,* FROM table2 WHERE INCKEYNO=:pr_param1)...

Can't connect to Access Data Base with ODBC connection
I am using Visual Web Developer and trying to connect to an Access data base in the code behind page  Default.aspx.vb.    I can't connect to my data base with the following code: Dim connectionstring As String connectionstring = _ "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=C:\asp\test02\App_Data\company.mdb;User Id=admin;Password=;" Dim myConn As OdbcConnection = New OdbcConnection(connectionstring) myConn.Open()   I alwasy get :   "Data Source not found and no default driver found:.   Does anyone know what I am doing wrong ?? Check ou...

ODBC Connection error using IIS 5 and MS Access ODBC
Completely new at this so please forgive my ignorance! I have an app running on IIS 5 and 6 that when connecting to a SQL Db (via ODBC) app runs fine; however when switching to a local MS Access Db, application fails, generating the following message: "<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>   FAIL - ERROR [HY000] [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Disk or network error. ERROR [IM006] [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Driver's SQLSetConnectAttr failed ERROR [HY000] [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Disk or network error.</string&...

Access ODBC connection
Part of the funtionality in the app I'm building is connecting to a remote Access database and retrieving monthly billing data. In configuring the ODBC connection, I had to use the 'User DSN' tab rather than the 'System DSN' tab. This limits who can login to my app and successfully get the data from Access. Only the user the ODBC connection is configured for is able to do it. PowerBuilder just didn't recognize the connection if it wasn't a User DSN. Is this a limitation I just have to live with? Or is there a workaround? Thanks for any help in advance...

ODBC Connection to Access
Im connecting a Sybase SQL Anywhere database in Access97 using ODBC. When I try to update the recordset I get the follwong error: "[Sybase][ODBC Driver]Unable to connect to database server: authentication violation (-98) " I have changed the permissions on the database and removed "Read Only" Any Ideas? Authentication violations usually indicate that you are using a third party product and they have restricted the use of the db engine to their product. Is this true? -- Jim Egan [TeamPS] Dynamic Data Solutions - http://www.dyn-data.com Houston, TX...

ODBC connect to Access database fails [Microsoft] [ODBC Driver Manager] Program Type out of Range
I was connecting and updating an Access97 Database OK. Office2000 was installed by our Help Desk and now I get the error SQLSTATE = S1003 [Microsoft] [ODBC Driver Manager] Program Type out of Range I tried creating an New ODBC entry with a newly created MSAccess database but got the same error. Any Help Appreciated I remember having this error also. What i did to solve it was the following -click the database painter -you get a list of all tables of your current db -press cancel button -change your connect in File/connect to the correct db. HTH John Which P...

ODBC Connection to MS ACCESS
I'm trying to make an ODBC connection between Microsoft Access and Sybase Adaptive Server 6.00.03.274. (ODBC driver is 6.00.03.2747) I keep getting the following error message in MS ACCESS: Reserved error (-7748); there is no message for this error. I can see the SQL tables but cannot make the final connection. I sent an email to Sybase and got a message back that they had no suggestions or solution. Is there someone at Sybase that will help me with this problem. We are running Access 97. Appreciate your help. Thanks. dzg5@cdc.gov Jim Gergely Are you ...

Error
Periodically, our application generates a windows error 'Access violation in dbodbc6.dll'. Usually you can restart the sub module which was involved with generating the error message. Occasionally it is necessary to completely restart the application. I thought there may be some mismatch between library versions... but tests do not seem to bear this out. The Sybase engine is SQLanywhere 6.0 and the platform is WNT 4.0. The problem appears to occur on a subset, but not all of the clients, the application software is common to all clients. This is a fairly mature application...

C DLL
I have just upgraded to Delphi 2009 and the new String type gives me some trouble. I use Delphi units to access *Lotus Notes API*, from a long time (I started using them in Delphi 3).From today and with the new version I'm getting AV error. Error : Access violation at address 6391C265 in module 'NLSCCSTR.DLL'. NLSCCSTR.DLL is a DLL that contains code used in the function DNAbbreviate. Just to give you a sample of two functions +function DNAbbreviate(Flags: LongInt;+ +TemplateName: PChar;+ +InName: PChar;+ ...

Access violation in PBDWE90.DLL
Hello, we have got an application server interface written with PBNI. When the application server load rises, the Access violation exception in PBDWE90.DLL module occurs. It seems to be a problem in DW_TextLine symbol. The part of the callstack is bellow: 719f1c50() pbdwe90.dll!DW_TextLine() + 0x17d8 bytes [Frames below may be incorrect and/or missing, no symbols loaded for pbdwe90.dll] pbdwe90.dll!DW_TextLine() + 0x1e23 bytes Access violation occurs always on the same memory address (0x719fcc50). Powerbuilder version: 9.0.2 Build 7610 Operating system: Windo...

Access Violation in NTDll.dll
Has anyone run across this error ? (Access violation in Ntdll.dll). I have a three teir application written in Delphi5. The app server piece normally uses ASE against a third teir database machine. For the purposes of portability and testing, we have redirected that app server at an ASA database on the local machine. Once I got the latest EBF's applied (6.03.xxxx) everything seems to work fine. The problem that I am having though is when the application server's application closes down (i.e. the last user disconnects) I get the "Access Violation in NtDll.Dll"...

odbc connection via access
Has anyone ever experienced the following. When using MS Access with read only priv. via an ODBC connection to ASA having duplicate rows of a table displayed? Upon investigating it's just that, the duplicates are only being displayed (hundreds of times) the actual db is fine. Any suggestions. It's version 5.5.04. If you have written a query with multiple tables you may have left off the necessary syntax to join the tables in a logical way. If you leave off the join syntax you'll get a Cartesian join which joins every row with every other row from each table. ...

Web resources about - Access violation dbodbc6.dll - sybase.connectivity.odbc

CP violation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In particle physics , CP violation (CP standing for Charge Parity ) is a violation of the postulated CP-symmetry (or Charge conjugation Parity ...

Microsoft Attacks Google for Privacy violations - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Explore MichalSpocko's photos on Flickr. MichalSpocko has uploaded 24 photos to Flickr.

Rep. Luis V. Gutierrez Denounces Civil Rights Violations in Puerto Rico - YouTube
February 16, 2011 - Rep. Luis V. Gutierrez (IL-4) spoke out against the Puerto Rican government's campaign to silence student protestors and ...

Gul defies Erdogan’s Twitter ban and calls move ‘violation of rights’
The content of Abdullah Gul’s message – and the way it was delivered – is a message to Recep Tayyip Erdogan’s religiously conservative government, ...

Russia closes 12 McDonald's restaurants over hygiene violations
Russia has temporarily closed 12 branches of McDonald's on health grounds and is carrying out more than 100 inspections, the US fast food chain ...

William sees red over second paparazzi violation
William sees red over second paparazzi violation

Report alleges labour violations at Apple supplier in China
Report claims dangerous conditions, labour violations at another Apple plant.

'Violation and betrayal': Low pay offer hurt ADF's fighting edge, say ADFA academics
Miserly pay approach potential threat to 'operational success', academics argue.

Nick Kyrgios issued code violation at Japan Open - The Courier-Mail Search Search
NICK Kyrgios has hit out at the Australian media following his loss to Frenchman Benoit Paire at the Japan Open on the weekend.