Sybase ADO.NET Provider for .NET Framework 2.0

Hi,

We are developing a .net application( Visual Studio 2005 and
.NET Framework 2.0) which needs to support Sybase, SQL
Server and Oracle.

We are using Microsoft Data Access Application block (DAAB)
to support SQL Server and Oracle. Now we would like to
customize that application block to support to Sybase 12.5.*
onwards.

When I installed client utilities for sybase, I could see a
ADO.NET Provider with the version 1.1.327, which does not
have the following classes which are required to customize
the Microsoft DAAB.
1. AseClientFactory class : This class is required to
customize the Microsoft DAAB.
2. AseCommandBuilder.DeriveParameters()

Please provide me the information.

Regards
Harinatha
Software Architect
0
Harinatha
10/27/2006 6:53:08 AM
sybase.connectivity.adonet 422 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Hi Harinatha,

Sybase has not implemented the 2.0 ADO.NET Provider for ASE at this time,
nor do I know when it will happen.  You could make a request to your Sale
rep or call in to the Customer Support line to find this out.

You might be able to use the ODBC driver or OLEDB provider to get this
going, however I am not sure the provider classes implement the DAAB for
these types of providers.

-Paul

<Harinatha> wrote in message news:4541acd4.10f6.1681692777@sybase.com...
> Hi,
>
> We are developing a .net application( Visual Studio 2005 and
> NET Framework 2.0) which needs to support Sybase, SQL
> Server and Oracle.
>
> We are using Microsoft Data Access Application block (DAAB)
> to support SQL Server and Oracle. Now we would like to
> customize that application block to support to Sybase 12.5.*
> onwards.
>
> When I installed client utilities for sybase, I could see a
> ADO.NET Provider with the version 1.1.327, which does not
> have the following classes which are required to customize
> the Microsoft DAAB.
> 1. AseClientFactory class : This class is required to
> customize the Microsoft DAAB.
> 2. AseCommandBuilder.DeriveParameters()
>
> Please provide me the information.
>

> Regards
> Harinatha
> Software Architect

0
Paul

.NET 2.0 Data Connection (.NET 2.0 Beta Data Provider)
I have installed the .NET 2.0 Beta Data Provider, in the server explorer in Visual Studio 2005 I have tried to connect to this provider but I can not see it in the list. Is there something else you need to do to see this other than what is in the instructions or is this not supported yet? Hi Dean, I assume you mean ASE ADO.NET 2.0 Beta. I'm attaching the html readme for this product that you should have from downloading it. Are you talking about using Server Explorer to see the Provider? This functionality isn't working yet and should be available on GA or shortly ...

Which 2.0 .net framework to install on server to run asp.net 2.0
Im wondering if I should install the redistributable version of framework 2.0 or the  SDK version on my windows server 2003 inorder to test my asp.net 2.0 applications?   Thanks I would install the redistributable, as I would not be doing any development on the server.Virtual RealmXNA and Game Programing Resources...

How to check previous record in ADO.NET 2.0
HI I have a method that reads data from SQL Server and writes into Oracel Table. All working fine. SQL Server Table has : Craft(varchar) and OriginateDate(DateTime) Oracle Table has: a Composite Primary key with the same columns i.e., Craft(Varchar2) and OriginateDate(DateTime) I am using ADO.NET and doing this Transfer as shown in below algorithm 1. Open SQL Server connection while(reader.read()) { Read records from SQL server table 2. open oracle connection 3. start transaction 4. write into Oracle Table  5. commit.transaction 6. close connections. } All working fine. I...

Running existing ASP.net application from .net framework 2.0 to framework 3.0
Hi,    Previously  I've installed VS 2005 with .net framework 2.0. Now I've downloaded and installed framework 3.0. My existing application is running fine but how can I ensure that whether it is running on framework 2.0 or 3.0? Actually i created some run time error in my application and in the bottom line its showing                                          &...

Free Enterprise CMS for Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 and ASP.NET 2.0 released!
AxCMS.net was one of the world’s first enterprise content management platforms based on Microsoft .NET framework and developed by Axinom, Microsoft Gold Certified Partner and Vendor based in Germany. AxCMS.net is a award-winning, multilingual and multi-site compatible solution - completely free of charge! Companies around the world are using the software to provide solutions for both themselves and their customers faster, more easily and at lower costs. AxCMS.net 5.5 introduces compatibility with Visual Studio 2005 and SQL Server 2005 making a huge leap forward with WebDav integr...

ADO.NET Framework 2.0 data provider
Greetings, I noticed that SQL Anywhere 10 now supports .NET 1.0 and 2.0. Can I assume that SQL Anywhere 9.02 only supports .NET 1.0? We are developing an interface to a SQL Anywhere Database Server 9.01 that is use in an application implemented in our Fire & Rescue Department. I have the Developer=92s Edition for SQL Anywhere 9.01, and 9.02 for I=92ve been a member of ISUG for about 8 years now. We need the ADO.NET framework 2.0 data provider for SQL Anywhere Server to support our developer=92s MS Visual Studio 2005 environment. Since SQL Anywhere 10 developer=92s ...

ADO.NET 2.0 provider for ASA 9.0.2 build 3476
Hi, I'm trying to link in my Visual Studio 2005 project the ADO.NET 2.0 provider installed with the ASA 9.0.2 patch 3476 (the latest patch available), but it doesn't appear in the reference list. The assembly is correctly registered in the GAC. If I try to Browse for the assembly ('iAnywhere.Data.AsaClient), then at runtime I got the following error: Could not load file or assembly 'iAnywhere.Data.AsaClient, Version=9.0.2.3476, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=f222fc4333e0d400' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does ...

.NET Framework 3.5 and .NET Framework 2.0
Hi All,            I wana know i have .net framework 2.0 running on my pc with sql server 2005. I wana install .net framework 3.5. My question is that can i keep both the framework on same pc if yes can u tell me the way how can i do this.  The 3.5 version of the framework actually adds to the existing 2.0 framework. after you install 3.5, you will still have 2.0 on your system.Mike Banavige~~~~~~~~~~~~Need a site code sample in a different language? Try converting it with: http://converter.telerik.com/ actually by default and automatilcally when you ...

NET Framework 2.0 and NET Framework 1.1
Can framework 2.0 and framework 1.1 be installed and used on the same PC at same time? can asp.net 1.1 and asp.net 2.0 running site by site together? Thanks. Hi,yes they can. At my current machine I have these installed .NET 1.0, 1.1 and 2.0 without any problems.Grz, Kris.Read my blog. Handy Firefox plugins for web developers.Workaround for non working Mark as answer buttons. after creating a website don't forget to check that this website uses which version of .net (go to website properties--> ASP .NET in IIS)feed the creative machine...

ado.net and .net 2.0
Does anyone know if there has been any notable changes to ADO.NET in .NET 2.0 in the areas of data access (both reads and writes) except for the new SqlDataSource and equivalent user controls? Try these links for  tutorials. Hope this helps.http://beta.asp.net/QUICKSTART/aspnet/doc/data/advanced.aspx#nulls http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnsql90/html/mandataaccess.aspKind regards,Gift Peddie...

[ASP.Net 2.0]
I'm starting to chage a site to ASP.Net 2.0.  I have a couple of 1.1 DataGrids that I wasn't planning to change over for a while while I learned the new controls.ASP.Net 2.0 doesn't display the (cell) borders of the version 1.1 DataGrids.Is there away to get the borders to display?Thanks,Tinker  T. R. Tinker: ASP.Net 2.0 doesn't display the (cell) borders of the version 1.1 DataGrids. do u mean the designer doesnt display it  or its not displayed in the browser ? i think the New Designer doesnt display the styles and maybe its not displayed until...

Vb.net code in asp.net 2.0: works on hosts win 2003asp.net 2.0 server, crashes on xp asp.net offline workstation
Hi All  Can anyone tell me whats wrong with this code ?  Dim WeeklyRentalMinT as double = txtminrent.text  I 've been using code similar or identical to that since I started experimenting with ASP 3.0 in 2004 its worked every time, yet I now wonder if it contributed to slowing down my apps, we'll the code works on my host server, it worked on my pc when it was running asp.net 1.1, but now that i've upgraaded to asp.net 2.0, i get an error "[FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format.]"  How would you read input from a form tex...

Web resources about - Sybase ADO.NET Provider for .NET Framework 2.0 - sybase.connectivity.adonet

Xposed framework for Android 6.0 Marshmallow could arrive this week
Towards the end of October we told you that Xposed framework for Android 6.0 Marshmallow would soon become available for all. While that's still ...

Safe Harbor 2.0 framework begins to capsize as January deadline nears
(credit: Andree Stephan ) Safe Harbour 2.0, currently being drawn up by the EU and US authorities, "will not provide a viable framework for ...

How to find which versions of the .NET Framework are installed on a PC
Check the system requirements for a Windows application and you’ll often find it needs some minimum version of Microsoft’s .NET Framework. .NET ...

Frameworks releasing 'Time Spent' EP
by Andrew Sacher photo by Shauna Hundeby Gainesville's Frameworks became one of the more promising new bands in the current wave of screamo with ...

Cisco Announces New Skills Framework to Address Evolving Technology
Internet of Things (IoT), cloud, business transformation and network programmability will influence all Cisco Career Certifications.

Google engineers craft a Dart framework for iOS and Android
The UI framework uses its own rendering engine to draw widgets

Int'l groups launch new global framework to eliminate human rabies
... the worst rabies problem. Metro Manila (CNN Philippines) – International organizations launched on Thursday (December 10) a new global framework ...

The Complex Framework Of The UN Climate Talks, Demystified
As COP21 convenes this week in Paris, this data viz breaks down all you need to know about the history, key players, and big decisions. Yesterday, ...

Angular-Meteor links JavaScript frameworks
... build system improvements and ECMAScript compliance Angular-Meteor, Meteor's technology for using the Angular and Meteor JavaScript frameworks ...