Upgrading ASE 11.9.2 to ASE 12.5 on Solaris 5.6

Does anyone have problems upgrading ASE 11.9.2 to ASE 12.0 on
Solaris 5.6.  I know that are issues with upgrading on Solaris
2.5, but what about Solaris 5.6?

Thanks,
Hang
0
Hang_Rodgers
2/6/2002 11:21:45 PM
sybase.ase.upgrades+migration 687 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Upgrade from ASE 11.9.2 to ASE 12.5
we are on solaris 8 and would like to upgrade from 11.9 to 12.5. our dba is left and i need to do this. i very novice in dba skill. can someone give me exact stepps how to do this? i read other post but dont under stand where to start. also what is meaning of inplace upgrade?thanks SybaseDeveloper wrote... > we are on solaris 8 and would like to upgrade from 11.9 to 12.5. > our dba is left and i need to do this. i very novice in dba skill. > can someone give me exact stepps how to do this? i read other post but dont > under stand where to start. also what is meaning of i...

Upgrade from ASE 11.9.x to ASE 12.5x on Solaris 2.6 #2
Has anyone tried running ASE 12.5.0.3 on Solaris 2.6? We have an upgrade scheduled from ASE 11.9.2x on Solaris 2.6 to ASE 12.5.0.3 on Solaris 2.8. Prior to the Solaris upgrade, I would like to test and estimate the required time for the ASE upgrade to 12.5.0.3. So, this would be just a trial run. Is this feasible? Any issues/tips/suggestions? Thanks. ...

Upgrade from ASE 11.9.x to ASE 12.5x on Solaris 2.6
Has anyone tried running ASE 12.5.0.3 on Solaris 2.6? We have an upgrade scheduled from ASE 11.9.2x on Solaris 2.6 to ASE 12.5.0.3 on Solaris 2.8. Prior to the Solaris upgrade, I would like to test and estimate the required time for the ASE upgrade to 12.5.0.3. So, this would be just a trial run. Is this feasible? Any issues/tips/suggestions? Thanks. ...

ASE 11.9.2 to ASE 12.5.0.3, inplace upgrade issues
Hi We have migrated one of the Sun boxes running ASE 11.9.2 on Solaris 2.8 to ASE 12.5.0.3 ESD#3 . We did a inplace upgrade. The "sqlupgrade" utility did all pre-checks and came out clean and did the migration and it came out with a "Done" message.But it gave a message saying that the server couldnt be brought up, and seeing the error log we have seen the shared memory was a problem and we chaged the value and the server came up fine when we brought it up manually using the 12.5.0.3 binaries. Few issues which are stopping us to proceed further.. Issue 1) T...

Upgrading ASE 11.9.2 to ASE 12.5 on Aix 4.3.3
After migration from ASE 11.9.2 to ASE 12.5, the following error appears when I try to execute a strore procedure : Size of row in the worktable for grouped aggregate, 16542 bytes, exceeds the maximum row size (1962 bytes). Cannot run this query (return status = -6). Is it a bug on ASE 12.5? Why could I run correctly this procedure on the old version? Fabien DUBOIS Fabien DUBOIS wrote: > > After migration from ASE 11.9.2 to ASE 12.5, the following error appears > when I try to execute a strore procedure : > > Size of row in the worktable for grouped aggr...

Upgrade from 11.9.2.5 to ASE 12.5
Hi, I was wondering what is the recommended path of the upgrade process from 11.9.2.5 to 12.5. We are also doing a Solaris 2.8 upgrade at the same time, so the machine is going to be cleanly wiped out. The steps that I am probably going to take are based on my previous experience of upgrading from 11 to 11.9.2.5 1. Take tape dumps of 11.9.2.5. 2. Upgrade Solaris to 2.8. 3. Install ASE 12.5 4. Load 11.9.2.5 databases in ASE 12.5 The databases are upgraded when the online database command issue. Is this process okay. Please advice. ....Ishrat Ishrat jehan wrote: >...

Upgrading from ASE (32-bit) 12.0.0.7 on Solaris 2.8 64-bit to ASE(64-bit) 12.5.1 on Solaris 64-bit
Hello all, We are planning to upgrade our ASE servers from a 32-bit ASE 12.0.0.7 to 64-bit ASE 12.5.1 on Solaris 8. Could you please give what are the steps to be taken care and how do I start with ( Do I have to first upgrade to 32-bit12.5.1 and then upgrade to 64-bit ASE 12.5.1, or directly upgrade from 32-bit 12.0.0.7 to 64-bit 12.5.1 ?). Could you also please point to some documentation (about upgrading 32-bit 12.0.0.7 to 64-bit 12.5.1). Thanks RK ...

SQLRemote Problem with 7.0.2-1 and 6.0.2-1 on Linux [ASE 11.9.2-3 and ASE 12.5 eval]
Hi all I got the following problems using sql-remote. on ASE 12.5 eval: I got the following RPMs installed on RedHat Linux 7.2 - Kernel 2.4.17 - glibc-2.2.4 sybase-ase-12.5-3.i386.rpm sybase-common-12.5-3.i386.rpm sybase-openclient-12.5-3.i386.rpm sybase-sqlremote-7.0.2-1.i386.rpm After the execution of ssxtract or ssremote I got an error like: ../ssxtract: /opt/sybase-12.5/SQLRemote/lib/libsstasks7_r.so: version `libdbtasks7_r.so' not found (required by ./ssxtract) The file libsstasks7_r.so exists and the path is correctly specified in /etc/ld.so.conf. There'...

ASE Migration From ASE 11.5.1 (NT) to ASE 12.9 on Win2003.
Need help to find Sybase's upgrade and migration docs on above subject? Thank you. ASE 12.9? Currently, no released versions of ASE are certified on Win 2003. ASE 12.5.1 will be certified when it is released later this year. Mark Kusma <Lily Maria> wrote in message news:3f497cad.367e.846930886@sybase.com... > Need help to find Sybase's upgrade and migration docs on > above subject? > Thank you. Thanks for the info. I would like to know if there's any online documentation on migration and upgrade plan of the ASE 11.5.1 to ASE 12.5.1? Do applica...

Upgrading from ASE 12.0 to ASE 12.5.2
Hi everyone, I am basically thinking of upgrading ASE 12.0.x to ASE 12.5.2. How would the migration process be. Is it straight dump and load or otherwise ?? regards Paresh. Paresh wrote: > Hi everyone, > > I am basically thinking of upgrading ASE 12.0.x to ASE 12.5.2. > > How would the migration process be. Is it straight dump and load or > otherwise ?? > > regards > > Paresh. > > see the upgrade/installation guide joop -- Senior Consultant Sybase Professional Services New address per 21 November 2005: Zo...

Upgrade ASE 12.0/64 bit on AIX 4.3.3 to ASE 12.5.x/64 bit on AIX 5.2
Trying to find what is the supported upgrade path for the above. Going from 12.0/64bit on AIX 4.3.3 to 12.5 (or 12.5.x) 64bit on AIX 5.2. If I put AIX 5.2 , the dataserver binary of 12.0 will not work which is used during the upgrade. If I put 12.5.x on 4.3.3, the dataserver binary will not work beacuse it is new binary for 5.2. Other than backup the databases and load them to the new server, is there a supported how to upgrade? Thanks! ...

Migration from ASE 11.5 to ASE 12.5
Hello I am planning the migration from Sybase 11.5 to 12.5. Can someone point me to some documentation on the subject? I am particularly interested in documents that explain the best way to migrate database objects (tables, indexes, etc...) and data. Thanks in advance. Jorge Vergara Sispro S.A. Canoas - RS - Brasil jlvergara@sispro.com.br wrote... > Hello > > I am planning the migration from Sybase 11.5 to 12.5. Can someone point > me to some documentation on the subject? > I am particularly interested in documents that explain the b...

ASE 12.5.2 or ASE 12.5.3 on Solaris 10
Hi there! Have anyone found whitepapers or documentation regarding ASE on Solaris 10? I have tried to search around on sybase.com, but without any luck. I'm particulary looking into zones/containers with ASE and if there is any issues regarding this. Any help is much appreciated. ..prn Hi, As for as i known there aren't whitepapers or docu. I have a couple of boxes with ASE in a zone. So if you have questions mail me. Sjaak Preben Olsen wrote: > Hi there! > > Have anyone found whitepapers or documentation regarding ASE > on Solaris 10? I h...

Web resources about - Upgrading ASE 11.9.2 to ASE 12.5 on Solaris 5.6 - sybase.ase.upgrades+migration

Mac Spoofed: Upgrading [Low Quality]
PC teaches Mac about the benefits of upgradability.

Nuclear states still upgrading stocks

Looks like Labor's upgrading from Tarago to minibus
The people of Stafford have done the rest of Queensland a favour by electing Dr Anthony Lynham.

Upgrading IOIO to Bluetooth - YouTube