Fail to online database(ASE 12.5->ASE 15.0 developer)

Hi Everyone,

Could you please help me to take a look at the error? It
happened when I want to online databse, I can load database
successfully:-), but failed to online......
I backup up the database from ASE 12.5, and restore it to
ASE 15.0 developer...

1> online database AdventureWorksDW
2> go
Started estimating recovery log boundaries for database
'AdventureWorksDW'.
Database 'AdventureWorksDW', checkpoint=(15436, 11),
first=(15436, 11),
last=(15436, 11).
Completed estimating recovery log boundaries for database
'AdventureWorksDW'.
Started ANALYSIS pass for database 'AdventureWorksDW'.
Completed ANALYSIS pass for database 'AdventureWorksDW'.
Recovery of database 'AdventureWorksDW' will undo incomplete
nested top
actions.
Database 'AdventureWorksDW' appears to be at an older
revision than the present
installation; ASE will assess it, and upgrade it as
required.
Database 'AdventureWorksDW': beginning upgrade step [ID
247]: verifying
sysstatistics row format
Database 'AdventureWorksDW': beginning upgrade step [ID 2]:
validate basic
system type data
Database 'AdventureWorksDW': beginning upgrade step [ID 3]:
alter table
(table sysindexes)
(68 rows affected)
Database 'AdventureWorksDW': beginning upgrade step [ID 4]:
creating table
(table sysanchors)
Database 'AdventureWorksDW': beginning upgrade step [ID 5]:
changing name of

system table (table syspartitions, new name: sysslices)
(1 row affected)
(1 row affected)
Database 'AdventureWorksDW': beginning upgrade step [ID 6]:
creating table
(table syspartitions)
Database 'AdventureWorksDW': beginning upgrade step [ID 7]:
insert rows into

syspartitions for each system table and index
Database 'AdventureWorksDW': beginning upgrade step [ID 8]:
alter table
(table systypes)
Non-clustered index (index id = 2) is being rebuilt.
Database 'AdventureWorksDW': beginning upgrade step [ID 9]:
alter table
(table sysobjects)
Non-clustered index (index id = 2) is being rebuilt.
Database 'AdventureWorksDW': beginning upgrade step [ID 10]:
alter table
(table syscolumns)
Msg 207, Level 16, State 1:
Server 'servername', Line 1:
Invalid column name 'status3'.
Msg 2705, Level 16, State 3:
Server 'servername', Line 1:
Column names in each table must be unique. Column name
'encrkeydb' in table
'syscolumns' is specified more than once.
Msg 2705, Level 16, State 3:
Server 'servername', Line 1:
Column names in each table must be unique. Column name
'encrdate' in table
'syscolumns' is specified more than once.
Msg 3461, Level 20, State 1:
Server 'servername', Line 1:
Database 'AdventureWorksDW': upgrade could not install
required upgrade item
'10'. Please refer to previous error messages to determine
the problem. Fix the
problem, then try again.
Msg 3451, Level 20, State 1:
Server 'servername', Line 1:
Database 'AdventureWorksDW': upgrade has failed for this
database. Please refer

to previous messages for the cause of the failure, correct
the problem and try
again.
Msg 3454, Level 20, State 1:
Server 'servername', Line 1:
Database 'AdventureWorksDW': ASE could not completely
upgrade this database;
upgrade item 1501 could not be installed.
ASE could not bring database 'AdventureWorksDW' online.

Thanks^_^
Winnie
0
Winnie
12/19/2007 1:57:39 PM
sybase.ase.upgrades+migration 687 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Can you post the results of running the the following in your ASE 12.5 dataserver:

=====================
select @@version
go
use AdventureWorksDW
go
sp_help syscolumns
go
=====================

Winnie wrote:
> [...]
> Msg 3461, Level 20, State 1:
> Server 'servername', Line 1:
> Database 'AdventureWorksDW': upgrade could not install
> required upgrade item
> '10'. Please refer to previous error messages to determine
> the problem. Fix the
> problem, then try again.
> Msg 3451, Level 20, State 1:
> Server 'servername', Line 1:
> Database 'AdventureWorksDW': upgrade has failed for this
> database. Please refer
>
> to previous messages for the cause of the failure, correct
> the problem and try
> again.
> Msg 3454, Level 20, State 1:
> Server 'servername', Line 1:
> Database 'AdventureWorksDW': ASE could not completely
> upgrade this database;
> upgrade item 1501 could not be installed.
> ASE could not bring database 'AdventureWorksDW' online.

0
Mark
12/20/2007 12:20:24 AM
Here is the result of 12.5 dataserver:

D:\sybase\OCS-12_5\bin>isql.exe -U sa
Password:
1> select @@version
2> go

----------------
 Adaptive Server Enterprise/12.5.4/EBF 13387/P/NT (IX86)/OS
4.0/ase1254/2006/32-

         bit/OPT/Sat May 20 00:54:28 2006

(1 row affected)
1> use AdventureWorksDW
2> go
1> sp_help syscolumns
2> go
 Name                           Owner
         Object_type
 ------------------------------
------------------------------
         --------------------------------
 syscolumns                     dbo
         system table

(1 row affected)
 Data_located_on_segment        When_created
 ------------------------------ --------------------------
 system                                Jan 31 2007  5:20PM
 Column_name     Type            Length      Prec Scale
Nulls Default_name
         Rule_name       Access_Rule_name
Identity
 --------------- --------------- ----------- ---- -----
----- ---------------
         --------------- ------------------------------
--------
 id              int                       4 NULL  NULL
0 NULL
         NULL            NULL
  0
 number          smallint                  2 NULL  NULL
0 NULL
         NULL            NULL
  0
 colid           smallint                  2 NULL  NULL
0 NULL
         NULL            NULL
  0
 status          tinyint                   1 NULL  NULL
0 NULL
         NULL            NULL
  0
 type            tinyint                   1 NULL  NULL
0 NULL
         NULL            NULL
  0
 length          int                       4 NULL  NULL
0 NULL
         NULL            NULL
  0
 offset          smallint                  2 NULL  NULL
0 NULL
         NULL            NULL
  0
 usertype        smallint                  2 NULL  NULL
0 NULL
         NULL            NULL
  0
 cdefault        int                       4 NULL  NULL
0 NULL
         NULL            NULL
  0
 domain          int                       4 NULL  NULL
0 NULL
         NULL            NULL
  0
 name            sysname                  30 NULL  NULL
0 NULL
         NULL            NULL
  0
 printfmt        varchar                 255 NULL  NULL
1 NULL
         NULL            NULL
  0
 prec            tinyint                   1 NULL  NULL
1 NULL
         NULL            NULL
  0
 scale           tinyint                   1 NULL  NULL
1 NULL
         NULL            NULL
  0
 remote_type     int                       4 NULL  NULL
1 NULL
         NULL            NULL
  0
 remote_name     varchar                  30 NULL  NULL
1 NULL
         NULL            NULL
  0
 xstatus         int                       4 NULL  NULL
1 NULL
         NULL            NULL
  0
 xtype           int                       4 NULL  NULL
1 NULL
         NULL            NULL
  0
 xdbid           int                       4 NULL  NULL
1 NULL
         NULL            NULL
  0
 accessrule      int                       4 NULL  NULL
1 NULL
         NULL            NULL
  0
 status2         int                       4 NULL  NULL
1 NULL
         NULL            NULL
  0
 encrtype        int                       4 NULL  NULL
1 NULL
         NULL            NULL
  0
 encrlen         int                       4 NULL  NULL
1 NULL
         NULL            NULL
  0
 encrkeyid       int                       4 NULL  NULL
1 NULL
         NULL            NULL
  0
 encrkeydb       sysname                  30 NULL  NULL
1 NULL
         NULL            NULL
  0
 encrdate        datetime                  8 NULL  NULL
1 NULL
         NULL            NULL
  0
 index_name           index_description
         index_keys

         index_max_rows_per_page index_fillfactor
index_reservepagegap
         index_created
 --------------------

         ----------------------- ----------------
--------------------
         -------------------
 syscolumns           clustered, unique located on system
          id, number, colid

                               0                0
        0
         Jan 31 2007  5:20PM

(1 row affected)
 keytype    object                         related_object
         object_keys
         related_keys

 ---------- ------------------------------
------------------------------

 common     syscolumns                     syscomments
         id, *, *, *, *, *, *, *
         id, *, *, *, *, *, *, *

 common     syscolumns                     syskeys
         id, *, *, *, *, *, *, *
         key1, *, *, *, *, *, *, *

 common     syscolumns                     syskeys
         id, *, *, *, *, *, *, *
         depkey1, *, *, *, *, *, *, *

 common     syscolumns                     sysobjects
         id, *, *, *, *, *, *, *
         id, *, *, *, *, *, *, *

 common     syscolumns                     systypes
         type, *, *, *, *, *, *, *
         type, *, *, *, *, *, *, *

 common     syscolumns                     systypes
         domain, *, *, *, *, *, *, *
         domain, *, *, *, *, *, *, *

 common     syscolumns                     systypes
         cdefault, *, *, *, *, *, *, *
         tdefault, *, *, *, *, *, *, *

 common     syscolumns                     systypes
         usertype, *, *, *, *, *, *, *
         usertype, *, *, *, *, *, *, *

 primary    syscolumns                      -- none --
         id, number, colid, *, *, *, *, *
         *, *, *, *, *, *, *, *

(1 row affected)
Object is not partitioned.
Lock scheme Allpages
The attribute 'exp_row_size' is not applicable to tables
with allpages lock
scheme.
The attribute 'concurrency_opt_threshold' is not applicable
to tables with
allpages lock scheme.

 exp_row_size reservepagegap fillfactor max_rows_per_page
identity_gap
 ------------ -------------- ---------- -----------------
------------
            0              0          0                 0
        0
 concurrency_opt_threshold optimistic_index_lock
dealloc_first_txtpg
 ------------------------- ---------------------
-------------------
                         0                     0
      0
(return status = 0)
1>

> [...]
> > Msg 3461, Level 20, State 1:
> > Server 'servername', Line 1:
> > Database 'AdventureWorksDW': upgrade could not install
> > required upgrade item
> > '10'. Please refer to previous error messages to
> > determine the problem. Fix the
> > problem, then try again.
> > Msg 3451, Level 20, State 1:
> > Server 'servername', Line 1:
> > Database 'AdventureWorksDW': upgrade has failed for this
> > database. Please refer
> >
> > to previous messages for the cause of the failure,
> > correct the problem and try
> > again.
> > Msg 3454, Level 20, State 1:
> > Server 'servername', Line 1:
> > Database 'AdventureWorksDW': ASE could not completely
> > upgrade this database;
> > upgrade item 1501 could not be installed.
> > ASE could not bring database 'AdventureWorksDW' online.

0
Winnie
12/20/2007 12:53:59 AM
OK, so the problem is that the sqlupgrade program is trying to add columns to the syscolumns table which already exist.
  ("Duh, Mark!" ?)

One last request ... 'select @@version' from your new/ASE 15.0 dataserver?

-------------

12.5.3 didn't have the 'duplicate' columns in syscolumns.
12.5.4 does have the 'duplicate' columns in syscolumns.

I've gone through the upgrade logs for a handful of 12.5.4 => 15.0.2 upgrades and I see where the sqlupgrade program is
making some direct modifications to the syscolumns table in the form of changing colid's (which would be necessary if
'status3' is added to the end of the table and then 'moved' up in the column listing to just after 'status2').  Point
being that 15.0.2 handles the upgrade of syscolumns without a problem in the sqlupgrade logs that I'm looking at.

My guess is that you've got an old version of ASE 15.0 which has a buggy sqlupgrade program.  (There were a handful of
nasty errors in the sqlupgrade program for very early releases of ASE 15.0.)

If you're running with anything less than ASE 15.0.2 I'd suggest you consider getting the latest release of ASE 15.0.2
(eg, ASE 15.0.2 Developer's Edition: http://www.sybase.com/detail?id=1037407 ).

If you *are* running with ASE 15.0.2 then I'd suggest you open a case with Sybase Tech Support.

Winnie wrote:
> [...]
>>> Database 'AdventureWorksDW': beginning upgrade step [ID
>>> 247]: verifying
>>> sysstatistics row format
>>> Database 'AdventureWorksDW': beginning upgrade step [ID
>>> 2]: validate basic
>>> system type data
>>> Database 'AdventureWorksDW': beginning upgrade step [ID
>>> 3]: alter table
>>> (table sysindexes)
>>> (68 rows affected)
>>> Database 'AdventureWorksDW': beginning upgrade step [ID
>>> 4]: creating table
>>> (table sysanchors)
>>> Database 'AdventureWorksDW': beginning upgrade step [ID
>>> 5]: changing name of
>>>
>>> system table (table syspartitions, new name: sysslices)
>>> (1 row affected)
>>> (1 row affected)
>>> Database 'AdventureWorksDW': beginning upgrade step [ID
>>> 6]: creating table
>>> (table syspartitions)
>>> Database 'AdventureWorksDW': beginning upgrade step [ID
>>> 7]: insert rows into
>>>
>>> syspartitions for each system table and index
>>> Database 'AdventureWorksDW': beginning upgrade step [ID
>>> 8]: alter table
>>> (table systypes)
>>> Non-clustered index (index id = 2) is being rebuilt.
>>> Database 'AdventureWorksDW': beginning upgrade step [ID
>>> 9]: alter table
>>> (table sysobjects)
>>> Non-clustered index (index id = 2) is being rebuilt.
>>> Database 'AdventureWorksDW': beginning upgrade step [ID
>>> 10]: alter table
>>> (table syscolumns)
>>> Msg 207, Level 16, State 1:
>>> Server 'servername', Line 1:
>>> Invalid column name 'status3'.
>>> Msg 2705, Level 16, State 3:
>>> Server 'servername', Line 1:
>>> Column names in each table must be unique. Column name
>>> 'encrkeydb' in table
>>> 'syscolumns' is specified more than once.
>>> Msg 2705, Level 16, State 3:
>>> Server 'servername', Line 1:
>>> Column names in each table must be unique. Column name
>>> 'encrdate' in table
>>> 'syscolumns' is specified more than once.
>>> Msg 3461, Level 20, State 1:
>>> Server 'servername', Line 1:
>>> Database 'AdventureWorksDW': upgrade could not install
>>> required upgrade item
>>> '10'. Please refer to previous error messages to
>>> determine the problem. Fix the
>>> problem, then try again.
>>> Msg 3451, Level 20, State 1:
>>> Server 'servername', Line 1:
>>> Database 'AdventureWorksDW': upgrade has failed for this
>>> database. Please refer
>>>
>>> to previous messages for the cause of the failure,
>>> correct the problem and try
>>> again.
>>> Msg 3454, Level 20, State 1:
>>> Server 'servername', Line 1:
>>> Database 'AdventureWorksDW': ASE could not completely
>>> upgrade this database;
>>> upgrade item 1501 could not be installed.
>>> ASE could not bring database 'AdventureWorksDW' online.

>>> Winnie
0
Mark
12/20/2007 1:56:14 AM
Here is result of ASE15.0:

1> use master
2> go
1> select @@version
2> go

----------------
 Adaptive Server Enterprise/15.0/EBF 12783 GA/P/NT
(IX86)/Windows 2000/ase150/21

         58/32-bit/OPT/Fri Aug 19 18:42:50 2005

(1 row affected)
1>

> [...]
> >
> > (1 row affected)
> >  keytype    object
> >          related_object object_keys
> >          related_keys
> >
> >  ---------- ------------------------------
> > ------------------------------

> >         ------------

> > ------------
> >  common     syscolumns                     syscomments
> >          id, *, *, *, *, *, *, *
> >          id, *, *, *, *, *, *, *
> >
> >  common     syscolumns                     syskeys
> >          id, *, *, *, *, *, *, *
> >          key1, *, *, *, *, *, *, *
> >
> >  common     syscolumns                     syskeys
> >          id, *, *, *, *, *, *, *
> >          depkey1, *, *, *, *, *, *, *
> >
> >  common     syscolumns                     sysobjects
> >          id, *, *, *, *, *, *, *
> >          id, *, *, *, *, *, *, *
> >
> >  common     syscolumns                     systypes
> >          type, *, *, *, *, *, *, *
> >          type, *, *, *, *, *, *, *
> >
> >  common     syscolumns                     systypes
> >          domain, *, *, *, *, *, *, *
> >          domain, *, *, *, *, *, *, *
> >
> >  common     syscolumns                     systypes
> >          cdefault, *, *, *, *, *, *, *
> >          tdefault, *, *, *, *, *, *, *
> >
> >  common     syscolumns                     systypes
> >          usertype, *, *, *, *, *, *, *
> >          usertype, *, *, *, *, *, *, *
> >
> >  primary    syscolumns                      -- none --
> >          id, number, colid, *, *, *, *, *
> >          *, *, *, *, *, *, *, *
> >

> > (1 row affected)
> > Object is not partitioned.
> > Lock scheme Allpages
> > The attribute 'exp_row_size' is not applicable to tables
> > with allpages lock
> > scheme.
> > The attribute 'concurrency_opt_threshold' is not
> > applicable to tables with
> > allpages lock scheme.
> >
> >  exp_row_size reservepagegap fillfactor
> > max_rows_per_page identity_gap
> >  ------------ -------------- ----------
> > ----------------- ------------
> >             0              0          0
> >         0    0
> >  concurrency_opt_threshold optimistic_index_lock
> > dealloc_first_txtpg
> >  ------------------------- ---------------------
> > -------------------
> >                          0                     0
> >           0
> > (return status = 0)
> > 1>
> >

> >> Can you post the results of running the the following
> in >> your ASE 12.5 dataserver:
> >>

> >> =====================
> >> select @@version
> >> go
> >> use AdventureWorksDW
> >> go
> >> sp_help syscolumns
> >> go
> >> =====================

> It >>> happened when I want to online databse, I can load

> database >>> 'AdventureWorksDW'.
> 'AdventureWorksDW'. >>> Recovery of database
> 'AdventureWorksDW' will undo >>> incomplete nested top

0
Winnie
12/20/2007 3:06:32 AM
Do you mean that I have to upgrade my ASE 15.0 to latest
build, and try again?

Is there any method to solve my problem using current
version?

Thanks^_^
Winnie

> [...]
> > >                   clustered, unique located on system
> > id, number, colid >
> > >

> > >                                0                0
> > >             0
> > >          Jan 31 2007  5:20PM
> > >
> > > (1 row affected)
> > >  keytype    object
> > >          related_object object_keys
> > >          related_keys
> > >
> > >  ---------- ------------------------------
> > > ------------------------------

> > ------------ >

> > >  ------------ common     syscolumns
> > >           syscomments id, *, *, *, *, *, *, *
> > >          id, *, *, *, *, *, *, *
> > >
> > >  common     syscolumns                     syskeys
> > >          id, *, *, *, *, *, *, *
> > >          key1, *, *, *, *, *, *, *
> > >
> > >  common     syscolumns                     syskeys
> > >          id, *, *, *, *, *, *, *
> > >          depkey1, *, *, *, *, *, *, *
> > >
> > >  common     syscolumns                     sysobjects
> > >          id, *, *, *, *, *, *, *
> > >          id, *, *, *, *, *, *, *
> > >
> > >  common     syscolumns                     systypes
> > >          type, *, *, *, *, *, *, *
> > >          type, *, *, *, *, *, *, *
> > >
> > >  common     syscolumns                     systypes
> > >          domain, *, *, *, *, *, *, *
> > >          domain, *, *, *, *, *, *, *
> > >
> > >  common     syscolumns                     systypes
> > >          cdefault, *, *, *, *, *, *, *
> > >          tdefault, *, *, *, *, *, *, *
> > >
> > >  common     syscolumns                     systypes
> > >          usertype, *, *, *, *, *, *, *
> > >          usertype, *, *, *, *, *, *, *
> > >
> > >  primary    syscolumns                      -- none --
> > >          id, number, colid, *, *, *, *, *
> > >          *, *, *, *, *, *, *, *
> > >

> > > (1 row affected)
> > > Object is not partitioned.
> > > Lock scheme Allpages
> > > The attribute 'exp_row_size' is not applicable to
> > > tables with allpages lock
> > > scheme.
> > > The attribute 'concurrency_opt_threshold' is not
> > > applicable to tables with
> > > allpages lock scheme.
> > >
> > >  exp_row_size reservepagegap fillfactor
> > > max_rows_per_page identity_gap
> > >  ------------ -------------- ----------
> > > ----------------- ------------
> > >             0              0          0
> > >         0    0
> > >  concurrency_opt_threshold optimistic_index_lock
> > > dealloc_first_txtpg
> > >  ------------------------- ---------------------
> > > -------------------
> > >                          0                     0
> > >           0
> > > (return status = 0)
> > > 1>

> > in >> your ASE 12.5 dataserver:

> > error? It >>> happened when I want to online databse, I
> > can load >>> database successfully:-), but failed to
> > online...... >>> I backup up the database from ASE 12.5,
> > and restore it >>> to ASE 15.0 developer...

> > database >>> 'AdventureWorksDW'.
> > 'AdventureWorksDW'. >>> Completed ANALYSIS pass for
> > database 'AdventureWorksDW'. >>> Recovery of database
> > 'AdventureWorksDW' will undo >>> incomplete nested top

0
Winnie
12/20/2007 3:12:03 AM
Winnie,

The problem appears to be that your 12.5.4 version is more recent than your
15.0 version. 12.5.4 has support for Encrypted Columns feature and therefore
you see the encrxxxx columns. However, EC support was introduced to 15 in
15.0 ESD2.

I agree with Mark P. that you should download the 15.0.2 version and use
that (there are also a lot of other fixes since 15.0 GA that you might
want).

Mark Kusma

<Winnie> wrote in message news:4769dd83.3120.1681692777@sybase.com...
> [...]
>> > ---------------------

>> > ----------------------

>> > 4.0/ase1254/2006/32- >

>> > --------------------------------------------------------

>> > -------------

>> > ----------------------

>> > ----------------------

>> > ----------------------

>> > ----------------------

>> > id, number, colid >

>> > ------------ >

>> > in >> your ASE 12.5 dataserver:

>> > error? It >>> happened when I want to online databse, I
>> > can load >>> database successfully:-), but failed to
>> > online...... >>> I backup up the database from ASE 12.5,
>> > and restore it >>> to ASE 15.0 developer...

>> > database >>> 'AdventureWorksDW'.
>> > 'AdventureWorksDW'. >>> Completed ANALYSIS pass for
>> > database 'AdventureWorksDW'. >>> Recovery of database
>> > 'AdventureWorksDW' will undo >>> incomplete nested top

0
Mark

Upgrade ASE 12.5.3 to ASE 15.0
Can I upgrade my ASE Server 12.5.3 ESD #3 to ASE15.0 without any problems? According to a ESD #2 notice, if I do this it may regress the bug compatibility?. What exactly does that mean? What should I do instead? Deborah, Brown wrote: > Can I upgrade my ASE Server 12.5.3 ESD #3 to ASE15.0 > without any problems? > > According to a ESD #2 notice, if I do this it may regress > the bug compatibility?. What exactly does that mean? What > should I do instead? It means that most of the bugs fixed in 12.5.3 ESDs haven't yet been forward-ported to 15.0....

Upgrade from ASE 12.5.0.3 to ASE 12.5.1
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ---=_forums-2-dub3ff97039 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi, I've just upgraded from ASE 12.5.0.3 to ASE 12.5.1. I tried to start the server, but it won't startup. Here is the message: sybase(ASE1250)328 /app/sybase/ASE-12_5/install --> startserver -f RUN_AMXDB sybase(ASE1250)329 /app/sybase/ASE-12_5/install --> 00:00000:00000:2004/01/05 21:37:44.10 kernel Use license file /app/sybase/SYSAM-1_0/licenses/license.dat. 00:00000:00000:2004/01/05 21:37:44.10 ker...

Upgrade to ASE 15..0.3 from ASE 12.5.4
I'm currently planning to do an upgrade in place from ASE 12.5.4 to ASE 15.0.3 using sqlupgrade(res) utility. Does it just run the installmaster and instmsgs.ebf scripts ? Will I have to manually run the rest of the scripts i.e. installsecurity, installdbccdb etc.? Also in ran the preupgrade program against my old server - the main errors it came up with were: Stored Procedure '' uses deprecated builtin functions as: 'rowcnt', which should be changed to 'row_count'. It doesn't show the stored procedures name - has anyone had this problem ? Re...

ASE 12.5 32bit to ASE 15.0 64bit upgrade
What are the steps to upgrade from 12.5 32bit to 15.0 64bit on AIX 5.3? The 15.0.1 Installation Guide describes the normal 15.0 upgrade process but then has a terse section towards the end, "Migrating from 32-bit to 64-bit version", that describes other steps. Are these steps in addition to the normal upgrade process (sqlupgrade) or are they in place of sqlupgrade? Do I really have to drop and re-create all compiled objects (step 12 under Method #3: Replacing the binary)? Keith Wonderly wrote: > > What are the steps to upgrade from 12.5 32bit to 15.0 64bit >...

ASE 12.5.0.3 to ASE 12.5.4 upgrade path
I would like to know if the migration from ASE 12.5.0.3 to 12.5.4 a direct migration or is there an intermediate upgrade to be performed in between? Take a look at the release bulletins and installation guides for your platform. These are the first steps to any upgrade. http://sybooks.sybase.com/nav/detail.do?docset=1287 <passerby> wrote in message news:484e9ca8.3f0d.1681692777@sybase.com... >I would like to know if the migration from ASE 12.5.0.3 to > 12.5.4 a direct migration or is there an intermediate > upgrade to be performed in between? ...

Upgrading from ASE 12.5.x to ASE 15.0.2
Hello all, I have been writing some checklists regarding the Upgrade from ASE12.5.x version to ASE15.0.2 version, and I have to cover some different sceneries. I would like to confirm with you guys, If my thoughts are correct regarding the methods for each situation, and if not, would like some advice from you please. Correct me please if I am wrong. Follow the sceneries and the possible methods for each situation that I need to cover: A) Migrating from ASE 12.5.x 32-bit to ASE 15.0.2 64-bit version of Adaptive Server Enterprise (in this case the page size ...

ASE 12.5.0.3 to ASE 15.02 EBF2 upgrade
Hello All, I'm testing my upgrade from Adaptive Server Enterprise/12.5.3/EBF 12600 ESD#3/P/Linux Intel/Enterprise Linux/ase1253/1911/32-bit/ to Adaptive Server Enterprise/15.0.2/EBF 15101 ESD#2/P/x86_64/Enterprise Linux/ase1502/2516/64-bit/FBO/Thu Dec 20 01:26:11 2007 OS: RHEL 5 so far some db are been upgraded nice some I have issues , here is one of my error: ( mentioned this db has replicated tables from other site) Any tips ? 1>online database hstspss 2> go Started estimating recovery log boundaries for database 'hstspss'. Database 'hst...

Migration from ASE-64 bits 12.5.0.2 to ASE 64 bits 12.5.3 for AIX 5.3
Here there someone to indicate me the road tasks in order to migrate an ASE 12.5.0.2 to ASE 12.5.3 on unix 5.3 ? (64 bits) Thank you kamel wrote: > Here there someone to indicate me the road tasks in order to > migrate an ASE 12.5.0.2 to ASE 12.5.3 on unix 5.3 ? (64 > bits) > > Thank you Apply 12.5.2 IR then 12.5.3 esd 5. -- Jason L. Froebe http://jfroebe.livejournal.com http://www.propsmart.com Team Sybase On Tue, 31 Jan 2006 07:18:22 -0800, kamel wrote: > Here there someone to indicate me the road tasks in order to migrate an > ASE 12.5.0.2 ...

Upgrading from ASE 12.0 to ASE 12.5.2
Hi everyone, I am basically thinking of upgrading ASE 12.0.x to ASE 12.5.2. How would the migration process be. Is it straight dump and load or otherwise ?? regards Paresh. Paresh wrote: > Hi everyone, > > I am basically thinking of upgrading ASE 12.0.x to ASE 12.5.2. > > How would the migration process be. Is it straight dump and load or > otherwise ?? > > regards > > Paresh. > > see the upgrade/installation guide joop -- Senior Consultant Sybase Professional Services New address per 21 November 2005: Zo...

upgrade from ASE 12.5.3 to ASE 15.0.2 ESD#4
What are the correct steps to upgrade from ASE 12.5.3 to 15.0.2#4? 1. Upgrade ASE 12.5.3 to ASE 15.0, then from ASE 15.0 to ASE 15.0.2#4 or 2. Upgrade ASE 12.5.3 to ASE 15.0.2 ESD#4 Thanks, liyp liy wrote: > What are the correct steps to upgrade from ASE 12.5.3 to 15.0.2#4? > > 1. Upgrade ASE 12.5.3 to ASE 15.0, then from ASE 15.0 to ASE 15.0.2#4 > > or > > 2. Upgrade ASE 12.5.3 to ASE 15.0.2 ESD#4 > I did #2. At one point I considered upgrading to 15.0.2 GA and then to ESD#4, but the $SYBASE/ASE/upgrade/upgrade program looks to b...

Performance Degradation after ASE 12.0 upgrade to ASE 12.5
Hello, There was a issue posted on 08/06/2002 by 'Bob' related to performance degradation after upgrade of ASE 11.9.2 to ASE 12.5. I would like to know whether anyone has found any solution/workaround to resolve those issues without making any changes in the application code. We are also facing the same problems here after upgrade of ASE 12.0 to ASE 12.5. The program which takes 10 mins. on ASE 12.0 is taking more than 3 hrs to finish on ASE 12.5 despite of using the same indexes and the program which takes 3 hrs on ASE 12.0 is taking more than 24 hours on ASE 12.5. ...

Why does the following query fail on ASE 15.0.2 but work on ASE 12.5.4?
Connection conn = getConnection(); PreparedStatement stmt = conn.prepareStatement("select 'test' from syscolumns where ? = ?"); stmt.setString(1, "test"); stmt.setString(2, "test"); stmt.execute(); The error is "Implicit conversion from datatype 'VARCHAR' to 'INT' is not allowed. Use the CONVERT function to run this query." I think I found the solution, which is that the database needs to know what type to expect for the parameter marker. Therefore using an explicit conversion (as mentioned in the error me...

Migration from ASE 12.0 ( HPUX ) to ASE 12.5 ( Solaris 8 )
Hi, I'd like to migrate an ASE 12.0.0.3 (roman8) on HPUX 11 with many DBs to an ASE 12.5.0.3 (*roman8*) on Solaris 8. I know it's not the default charset on solaris. I've made dump on HPUX, copy it on Sun box and load it. I know it's not supported by Sybase ( cross plateform dump ). However, it seems to be OK, the upgrade works well, the dbcc (check table, alloc) did not reveal error. I think it's not supported only because the charset deffers ( by default ) on the plateform. What do you think of this ? is there others checks to do ? What kind of corruption or...

Web resources about - Fail to online database(ASE 12.5->ASE 15.0 developer) - sybase.ase.upgrades+migration