ASE Workplace 12.5 vs ASE Enterprise 12.5

Can anyone tell me what are the differences in the 2 packaging of ASE?

TIA
Himadri

0
Himadri
6/20/2002 2:01:14 PM
sybase.ase.nt 1081 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Hi Himadri,

The main and I guess the only difference is price which is
for WP ~= 4 times less. Category depends from machine level,
for example for Sun the upper bound for WP is Sun E450 + 3 new XXXR.
Go to http://eshop.sybase.com where you can see prices and
in the help the up-to-date list of machines with category

HTH,
Eugene

Himadri Laifangbam wrote:

> Can anyone tell me what are the differences in the 2 packaging of ASE?
>
> TIA
> Himadri

0
Eugene
6/27/2002 6:42:28 PM
For NT any machines up to 4 CPUs -WP, over 4CPUs - Enterprise

Eugene Korolkov wrote:

> Hi Himadri,
>
> The main and I guess the only difference is price which is
> for WP ~= 4 times less. Category depends from machine level,
> for example for Sun the upper bound for WP is Sun E450 + 3 new XXXR.
> Go to http://eshop.sybase.com where you can see prices and
> in the help the up-to-date list of machines with category
>
> HTH,
> Eugene
>
> Himadri Laifangbam wrote:
>
> > Can anyone tell me what are the differences in the 2 packaging of ASE?
> >
> > TIA
> > Himadri

0
Eugene

Do you have to install the enterprise version if you have the workplace
version? We've got a Dell server with 8 CPU capacity but only have 4
installed.

Thanks

"Himadri Laifangbam" <himadri@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Can anyone tell me what are the differences in the 2 packaging of ASE?
>
> TIA
> Himadri

0
Shew
7/10/2002 1:39:19 PM

Anyone??

"Shew" <babydragon4@excite.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> Do you have to install the enterprise version if you have the workplace
> version? We've got a Dell server with 8 CPU capacity but only have 4
> installed.
>
> Thanks
>
> "Himadri Laifangbam" <himadri@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Can anyone tell me what are the differences in the 2 packaging of ASE?
> >
> > TIA
> > Himadri

0
Shew
7/15/2002 1:13:59 PM
babydragon4@excite.com wrote...

> Anyone??
>
> "Shew" <babydragon4@excite.com> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> >
> > Do you have to install the enterprise version if you have the workplace
> > version? We've got a Dell server with 8 CPU capacity but only have 4
> > installed.

The number of CPUs installed and available for use in the machine is what is important.
--
Jim Egan [TeamSybase]

0
Jim

ASE 12.5 Small Business vs. ASE 12.5 Enterprise
Hi, Does anyone know the Technical offering different between these 2 products. Looking for docs on limitations of this ASE Small Business edition. Is it available on all platforms ? I have worked with the ASE Eneterprise editions but may have a new project that won't require the full blown Enterprise edition. thanks "Robert Furlong" <rfurlong@fame.com> wrote in message news:3E305851.80AA820@fame.com... > Hi, > > Does anyone know the Technical offering different between these 2 > products. > Looking for docs on limitations of this ASE Sm...

ASE 12.5 to ASE 12.5.3
One of our client is having 3 no license for ASE 12.5 on Win2K (running 3 production servers) and not in the support/AMC with Sybase.. is client eligible to use ASE 12.5.3 ? Thanks KRV ...

Vulnerability of ASE 12.5.2 vs ASE 12.5.3 ESD#3
Recently, Application Security, Inc. has run a vulnerability test on our ASE12.5.2. The program gave a 'high risk' on the ASE12.5.2 and suggested we install the latest Sybase patch 12.5.3 ESD#3. I have some question on the recommendation. 1. The latest patch is definitely not 12.5.3 ESD#3. Why did the program recommend 12.5.3 ESD#3? Isn't 12.5.4 better than 12.5.3? 2. Is it practical to keep up with the latest releases or patches? Now if we upgrade to 12.5.4 and then rerun the vulnerability test, will the program suggest that newer version is better with respect to s...

Same machine: ASE 12.5.3 Linux vs ASE 12.5.3 Windows
We had a report from one of our clients recently that our Sybase ASE-based app was running slowly on their new Linux box. As we develop internally against ASE on Windows we thought it would be an interesting test to install both the Windows and Linux flavors of ASE 12.5.3 onto the same server and look at the relative performance. We used a Dell PowerEdge 1950 with 2 x Intel Xeon 3.73GHz dual core processors. On one drive we put SuSE Enterprise Linux Server 10 x86-64, and on the other we put Windows Server 2003 Std R2 64-bit edition. Both were fresh-off-the-CD OS installs. ...

ASE 12.5.2 to ASE 12.5.0.3
Hello, I have to return to ASE 12.5.0.3 from ASE 12.5.2. I created a new server and did a dump/load of a user database and that seems to be fine. Is this a safe way to downgrade ? Is it necessary to create a new server (master database) or should it also be possible to shutdown the 12.5.2 server and start it again with the 12.5.0.3 binary ? Thanks, Luc. ...

Dump on ASE 12.5.2 and Load on ASE 12.5.3
Is possible to make one dump database in ASE 12.5.2 and later making one load of this archive in ASE 12.5.3? It is possible to dump a database in 12.5.2 and load it onto 12.5.3. -bret Leandro wrote: > Is possible to make one dump database in ASE 12.5.2 and > later making one load of this archive in ASE 12.5.3? I recently dumped from 12.0 & loaded to 12.5, was pleasantly surprised the load process upgraded the database automatically. <Leandro> wrote in message news:425d7e31.7943.1681692777@sybase.com... > Is possible to make one dump database in ASE 12...

Upgrade from ASE 12.5.0.3 to ASE 12.5.1
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ---=_forums-2-dub3ff97039 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi, I've just upgraded from ASE 12.5.0.3 to ASE 12.5.1. I tried to start the server, but it won't startup. Here is the message: sybase(ASE1250)328 /app/sybase/ASE-12_5/install --> startserver -f RUN_AMXDB sybase(ASE1250)329 /app/sybase/ASE-12_5/install --> 00:00000:00000:2004/01/05 21:37:44.10 kernel Use license file /app/sybase/SYSAM-1_0/licenses/license.dat. 00:00000:00000:2004/01/05 21:37:44.10 ker...

Does ASE 12.5.3 IR is a EBF for ASE 12.5.2?
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------090403060603000107000502 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1; format=flowed Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit I noticed that release description of ASE 12.5.3 like the following: *Product Name: * Adaptive Server Enterprise *Platform: * Win NT *Release Version: * 12.5.2 *Release Description: * EBF 12150: 12.5.3 IR *Release Date: * 01 Dec 2004 So it seems that it's a EBF of ASE 12.5.2. But it seems not possible to download it. :( What's the matter? Must pay for that? Best Regards FlyBe...

ASE 12.5.2 or ASE 12.5.3 on Solaris 10
Hi there! Have anyone found whitepapers or documentation regarding ASE on Solaris 10? I have tried to search around on sybase.com, but without any luck. I'm particulary looking into zones/containers with ASE and if there is any issues regarding this. Any help is much appreciated. ..prn Hi, As for as i known there aren't whitepapers or docu. I have a couple of boxes with ASE in a zone. So if you have questions mail me. Sjaak Preben Olsen wrote: > Hi there! > > Have anyone found whitepapers or documentation regarding ASE > on Solaris 10? I h...

Converting NT 11.5 ASE to a Solaris 12.5 ASE
We are trying to migrate a server running on Windows NT to a Solaris machine. The NT box is running ASE 11.5 and the Solaris box is running 12.5. So far, the only way we have came up with to migrate the data is bcp. The problem is we estimate this to be probably about a 6-7 hour process. Our shop runs 24*7*365 and unfortunately downtime is not something we get. In the past when we have migrated servers, we have used warm-standby which has worked really nicely. But in this case we can't run dump and load to populate the database. Has anyone been able to migrate an NT box to a...

ASE 12.5 vs ASE 11.5 performance issues
Hi All, Again my question is about performance of ASE 12.5 against 11.5.01 We have a huge production client-server application running on W2K server with ASE 11.5.0.1 database (more than 400 tables, 2000 stored procedures). The database was placed on raw disk partitions (no RAID) and split between different physical drives as follows: data, log, tempdb and master database are located on different drives. We have two PIII, 1GHz, 1 GB of memory and give 800MB for ASE. We create separate tempdb cache and bind tempdb to it. Database was bind to default data cache. Then we want to switc...

Migration from ASE-64 bits 12.5.0.2 to ASE 64 bits 12.5.3 for AIX 5.3
Here there someone to indicate me the road tasks in order to migrate an ASE 12.5.0.2 to ASE 12.5.3 on unix 5.3 ? (64 bits) Thank you kamel wrote: > Here there someone to indicate me the road tasks in order to > migrate an ASE 12.5.0.2 to ASE 12.5.3 on unix 5.3 ? (64 > bits) > > Thank you Apply 12.5.2 IR then 12.5.3 esd 5. -- Jason L. Froebe http://jfroebe.livejournal.com http://www.propsmart.com Team Sybase On Tue, 31 Jan 2006 07:18:22 -0800, kamel wrote: > Here there someone to indicate me the road tasks in order to migrate an > ASE 12.5.0.2 ...

Where can I get the ASE 12.5.4 or ASE 12.5.3 for Linux?
Hi, all : I want to get the ASE12.5.4(DE) for Linux; but In the sybase.com,just have ASE 15.0.3 for download. Now, Where can I get the ASE 12.5.4(DE or XE) for Linux? Thank you! ----------------- Best Regards! On May 22, 6:10 pm, "Killwind" <killwin...@sina.com> wrote: > Hi, all : > I want to get the ASE12.5.4(DE) for Linux; > but In the sybase.com,just have ASE 15.0.3 for download. > Now, Where can I get the ASE 12.5.4(DE or XE) for Linux? Go to www.sybase.com -- in the upper-right-hand corner is a "Search" box. Search for...

Web resources about - ASE Workplace 12.5 vs ASE Enterprise 12.5 - sybase.ase.nt

Enterprise Apps Today - CRM, business intelligence and ERP news and research
News and research on CRM, business intelligence, ERP, supply chain management and other enterprise applications.

The Enterprise, MA News - Brockton, MA - The Enterprise
Was Keith Luke insane when he went on a rampage in Brockton on Jan. 21, 2009, killing two people and wounding another? Catch up on what people ...

VoIP Business, VoIP Technology, VoIP Security - Fierce Enterprise Communications
Visit FierceVoIP for the latest updates in VoIP business, unified communications, VoIP technology, mobile VoIP, VoIP security and more VoIP news. ...

HP Enterprise Services - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
HP Enterprise Services is the global business and technology services division of Hewlett Packard 's HP Enterprise Business strategic business ...

IP Australia votes down enterprise agreement
IP Australia offer bites the dust (again), as Agriculture opens up agreement to ballot. IP Australia staff have voted against their latest enterprise ...

Apple: Banking License, Cloud Services, Enterprise, Sky’s the Limit, Says Citi
... where Apple pulls together the fabric of this ecosystem expanding its total available market (TAM),” writes Suva, citing the push into enterprise, ...

Here's why Apple's products are so popular in the enterprise
In 2015, Apple was very successful in reaching users working in education and enterprise. JAMF Software, a company that specializes in Apple ...

IDG Contributor Network: Finding the karma with Zendesk's head of enterprise
I've known Zendesk pretty much since its inception. In fact, I was the first person to write about the company, soon after they launched eight ...

How Mac, iOS absolutely dominated the enterprise in 2015
JAMF Software's annual survey is in and it shows just how much more and more enterprise users adore iPhones, iPads and especially Macs.

International enterprises inquiring about setting up data centers in Taiwan, says vice premier
In addition to Facebook's plans to set up a data center in central Taiwan, other international enterprises have inquired about doing so, according ...