ASE 12.0 on Windows 2003 server

I found lots of related posts but nothing specific to my problem.  We
installed ASE12.0 on Win 2003 and we cannot get it started from the Service
Manager.  Does not even write anything to the Sybase errorlog.   Just get a
pop up window saying failed to start service.   Starts from a command line
using the run.bat file just fine.

We are running ebf 10395.  I know its old, we're planning to go to 12.5.2
but I need to get this running first.  Anyone come across this?

Ray DiMarcello
Ray.DiMarcello@us.ing.com

0
Ray
2/8/2005 6:12:30 PM
sybase.ase.nt 1081 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Ray DiMarcello wrote:

> I found lots of related posts but nothing specific to my problem.  We
> installed ASE12.0 on Win 2003 and we cannot get it started from the Service
> Manager.  Does not even write anything to the Sybase errorlog.   Just get a
> pop up window saying failed to start service.   Starts from a command line
> using the run.bat file just fine.
>
> We are running ebf 10395.  I know its old, we're planning to go to 12.5.2
> but I need to get this running first.  Anyone come across this?
>
> Ray DiMarcello
> Ray.DiMarcello@us.ing.com

Hi,

The first thing to do is to upgrade the ASE to the latest EBF,
which is probably something like 12.0.0.8 ESD#1.

The second thing is, that I didn't find a certification for ASE 12.0
on Windows2003 from the certsite, which ofcourse means that this
combination is not certified and hence not supported...

The certifications are available at:
http://certification.sybase.com/ucr/search.do

HTH

regards,
-mika-
0
Mika
2/9/2005 8:50:29 AM
Ray DiMarcello a �crit :
> I found lots of related posts but nothing specific to my problem.  We
> installed ASE12.0 on Win 2003 and we cannot get it started from the Service
> Manager.  Does not even write anything to the Sybase errorlog.   Just get a
> pop up window saying failed to start service.   Starts from a command line
> using the run.bat file just fine.
>
> We are running ebf 10395.  I know its old, we're planning to go to 12.5.2
> but I need to get this running first.  Anyone come across this?
>
> Ray DiMarcello
> Ray.DiMarcello@us.ing.com

I stumbled on the same problem a few months back and I was told by
Sybase support that the version I trying to install ( i.e
12.0.0.5) is not supported/certified by Sybase on platform Windows
2003 . The version certified is 12.5 (32) and higher.

If I remember correctly, I was able to start ASE using the run file
but not as a service.

Jean-Pierre Callant

jean-pierre.callant@acms.asso.fr
0
Jean

ASE 12.0.0.6 to ASE 12.5 and Rep Server 12.1
We are planning the upgrade of our ASE 12.0.0.6 64bit on AIX 4.3.3 to ASE 12.5 64bit on AIX 4.3.3. We are also using Rep Server 12.1 with these two servers. My question is do I need to upgrade Rep Server as well, or will 12.1 Rep Server Work with ASE 12.5. Also, we will be upgrading AIX to 5.1 as well. Any advice is appreciated. Thanks, Troy It will work, however you wont be able to use any of the 12.5 new datatypes, and the rep_agents will spit out annoying error/warning messages everytime they are restarted. Our production system has been running that way for about ye...

ASE 12.0.0.x Compatibilty Issues Running on Windows Server 2003
Hi Everyone, I want to confirm if any one is running ASE 12.0 on a Win Server 2003 OS, as I haven't been able to find any specific info on this topic. cheers Sana ...

ASE 12 & ASE 15 compatibility with Windows Server 2003
Hi, We've some ASE 12 & ASE 15 databases. We connect those databases from different geographic locations. We also connect to those databases via Citrix server. At present the OS installed in the Citrix Server is Windows 2000. And we are planning to upgrade the same to Windows 2003. Prior upgrading, we want to confirm the compatibility of ASE 12 & ASE 15 with Windows Server 2003. Note: We've 10+ applications in Citrix Server that connects to the ASE 12/ASE 15 databases. Kindly advise. Thanks! Regards, Velu Hi, You can use Sybase's certificati...

ASE 12.5.0.3 Certified on Windows 2003 Server
Hi, Is ASE 12.5.0.3 certidied (officially) for Windows 2003 Server? Luis, Luis Porras wrote: > > Hi, > > Is ASE 12.5.0.3 certidied (officially) for Windows 2003 Server? > > Luis, The certifications page is available at http://ohno.sybase.com/cgi-bin/ws.exe/cert/ase_cert.hts This is what it says: Windows Server 2003 12.5(32) ASE 12.5.0.3 ESD#4 required. This cert excludes HA, LDAP, EJB. This cert covers the editions:Enterprise, Standard, Data Centre, Small Business.ASE instances address upto 3GB memory, ASE HA is a 2 no...

ASE 12.0.0.0 / SWR 8775 UPGRADE TO ASE 12.0.0.6/EBF 10628 PERFORMANCE PROBLEM
Hi All, We recently upgraded ASE 12.0.0.0/SWR 8775 to ASE 12.0.0.6/EBF 10628. Some queries stopped returning resultsets. Recompiled the stored procs which fixed the issue. But the queries are running slower now. The overall performance of the app has become sluggish. The CPU is generally running higher as well! Have also set LD_LIBRARY_PATH_64 to include the new Solaris 8 threads library. Anybody any insights into this? How can we get back to the pre-upgrade performance levels short of rolling back the EBF. Regards Perry Perry, I guess 12.0.0.6 requires some Solaris ...

Error Installing ASE 12.0 On Windows NT 4.0
After the unloading process, the server reboots and begins to install ASE and it's components. During this process ASE prompts me to enter information stored on the SSAM Certificate. Immediately following this process, an error displays stating that "sybcpnin.exe - Unable to locate DLL". It also shows "The dynamic link library CLUSAPI.dll could not be found in the specified path. Not really sure what to do now. Please advise John Rambert email: jrambert@cpg.org I see this same problem, and have been unable to pinpoint the cause. Anyone have an answer? ...

Can't construct query plan in ASE 12.0
Error 325 is being returned when trying to execute a stored procedure on version : Adaptive Server Enterprise/12.0/P/SWR 8773 ESD 1/RS6000/AIX 4.3.2/1580/64bit/FBO/Tue Dec 7 03:29:32 1999 ... this is the code causing the error when running on version listed above... it's a sub-query within a stored proc AND SBSB.HIST_ROW_ID = (select MAX(SBSB2.HIST_ROW_ID) FROM Massive_db.audit.CMC_SBSB_SUBSC SBSB2 WHERE SBSB2.SBSB_CK = SBSB.SBSB_CK AND CONVERT(CHAR(10),SBEL.SBEL_INSQ_DT,101) = CONVERT(CHAR 10),SBSB2.HIST_CREATE_DTM,101)) When executing same stored procedure on AS...

windows 2003 and ASE 12.0
Hi anyone, We have a server with ASE 12.0 on Windows 2003 Server. I can't run sqlserver as a service, however it run using RUN file. I don't find log errors. Any idea? ASE 12.0 is not certified for Win 2003. ASE 12.5.1 has the fix for the 1067 problem and will be certified for Win 2003. It should be available within a week. Mark Kusma "Esteban Martinez" <emartinez@censys.com.ar> wrote in message news:3f7c7106$1@forums-2-dub... > Hi anyone, > > We have a server with ASE 12.0 on Windows 2003 Server. I can't run > sqlserver as a...

Single-CPU model ASE 12.0 on NT 4.0 Server : 100% CPU usage
Previos_Server: HP LXPro 4 PentiumPro 200 Cash128 Memory 1Gb NT 4.0 (SP 6a128) Current_Server: HP NetServer LH3000 1 P3 933 Cash256 Memory 1Gb NT 4.0 (SP 6a128) If we run single hard process on the Current_Server we get result 3 times as much then on Previos_Server. But if we run some processes we get another result: NT Task Manager show 100% CPU usage (95 -99% use SQLSERVER) Simple query with short result set wait for a long time for result The SQL Server works, but what dase it do (may be task ...

Migrating from ASE 12.0 32-bit to ASE 12.0 64-bit
Has anyone run into any problems migrating from 32-bit to 64-bit? ...

Migrating from ASE 12.0 32-bit to ASE 12.0 64-bit
Has anyone run into any problems migrating from 32-bit to 64-bit? ...

Can not find libblk.dll file message(box) at creation and startup ASE NT 12.5.0.0 ( from services-window)
Can not find libblk.dll file at startup ASE NT 12.5.0.0 from services-window Config : Pentium 4 ASE 12.5.0.0 After configuring the NT Pentium IV environment so installing ASE 12.5.0.0 was possible i had during/after the 'make' of the ASE server the message 'Can not find libblk.dll '..... in path etc..... I saw/see that the path was/is not OK. The c:\sybase\OCS-12_5\dll path where the libblk.dll is posted was/is not in the above message. I saw that the installation did not (non) put the right SYBASE environmentvariables, so i did. Now it is possible to start ...

any issues to restore dump file of ASE 12.0 (32bit) to a ASE 12.0 (64bit) system ?
Hi, Does anyone know whether there is an issue that we restore the dump file (not master and system db) of ASE 12.0 (32bit) to a ASE 12.0 (64bit) system ? Assume that both system DBs are the same. Cheers paul > Hi, > > Does anyone know whether there is an issue that we restore > the dump file (not master and system db) of ASE 12.0 > (32bit) to a ASE 12.0 (64bit) system ? Assume that both > system DBs are the same. > > Cheers > paul If you have a recent ebf of ASE 12.0 (say 12.0.0.4 or later) than no problem. Earlier ebfs had a few problems....

Web resources about - ASE 12.0 on Windows 2003 server - sybase.ase.nt

The Windows Blog

WordPress.com app now available for Windows
... management system, also wants to give users a more focused tool for the job. So, in late-November, it announced dedicated apps for Windows, ...

Microsoft has a master plan with its Cortana digital assistant and Windows 10
Microsoft is working on putting Cortana, its Siri-like personal digital assistant, anywhere and everywhere within Windows 10, reports The Verge ...

It lives! Volunteers from Microsoft release open-source fork of Windows Live Writer
A group of Microsoft engineers today made good on a June promise and released an open-source version of the venerable Windows Live Writer, a ...

Windows 7 now supports the Xbox One wireless controller adapter
... dropping $25 on one of those wireless adapters for PC so I can use it beyond just Xbox gaming. But I haven't. Not yet! I'm still on Windows ...

Uber upgrades Windows app with Cortana, desktop support
... anytime, but what if you're sitting at a desktop PC? Well, now you can do it there, too. Uber announced today that it used the Universal Windows ...

Apple Products Outshine Windows, Android in Enterprises, Survey Shows
This slide show looks at how enterprises are embracing Apple computer products, and why IT professionals see great value in their use by employees. ...

As Apple Slowly Starts Adopting Carrier Billing, Microsoft Follows On With Integration For All Windows ...
Terry Myerson, executive vice president of operating systems at Microsoft (Photo by Andrew Burton/Getty Images) Apple has begun trying out carrier ...