ASE 15.0.2 - has MySQL as remote servers on 64-bit ASE Linux server

Is it supported? Anyone tries this, if so, could you post the steps and
comments. I don't want to use ECDA (gateway) here, unixODBC driver is
preferred.

Thanks
0
dbMethods
3/19/2008 11:18:50 PM
sybase.ase.linux 1395 articles. 0 followers. Follow

6 Replies
1379 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 19
Get it on Google Play
Get it on Apple App Store

You can't setup a "remote server" to anything other than another ASE, ECDA, 
or any other open server product.  In order to connect to an ODBC target, 
your only option is ECDA.

"dbMethods" <dbmethods@nospam.com> wrote in message 
news:47e19f5a@forums-1-dub...
> Is it supported? Anyone tries this, if so, could you post the steps and
> comments. I don't want to use ECDA (gateway) here, unixODBC driver is
> preferred.
>
> Thanks
> 


0
Sherlock
3/20/2008 3:21:13 AM
> You can't setup a "remote server" to anything other than
> another ASE, ECDA,  or any other open server product.  In
> order to connect to an ODBC target,  your only option is
> ECDA.

Or use OpenServer to write a minimal gateway.

Note that the 11.0.3.3 release for linux (if you can still
find it) included the open server libs, so you could
potentially use that to get started (though it's not a
trivial exercise :-)

[ "you" in the above paragraph means the original poster :-)
]

Michael



>
> "dbMethods" <dbmethods@nospam.com> wrote in message
> news:47e19f5a@forums-1-dub...
> > Is it supported? Anyone tries this, if so, could you
> > post the steps and comments. I don't want to use ECDA
> > (gateway) here, unixODBC driver is preferred.
> >
> > Thanks
> >
>
>
0
mpeppler
3/20/2008 11:30:41 AM
Yap, that is right, Open server can pull the trick.
I have a client, just want to pull data from 1 table here.

No wonder people are leaving for Or*?*? Gateway (free to use).


mpeppler@peppler.org wrote:

>> You can't setup a "remote server" to anything other than
>> another ASE, ECDA,  or any other open server product.  In
>> order to connect to an ODBC target,  your only option is
>> ECDA.
> 
> Or use OpenServer to write a minimal gateway.
> 
> Note that the 11.0.3.3 release for linux (if you can still
> find it) included the open server libs, so you could
> potentially use that to get started (though it's not a
> trivial exercise :-)
> 
> [ "you" in the above paragraph means the original poster :-)
> ]
> 
> Michael
> 
> 
> 
>>
>> "dbMethods" <dbmethods@nospam.com> wrote in message
>> news:47e19f5a@forums-1-dub...
>> > Is it supported? Anyone tries this, if so, could you
>> > post the steps and comments. I don't want to use ECDA
>> > (gateway) here, unixODBC driver is preferred.
>> >
>> > Thanks
>> >
>>
>>

0
dbMethods
3/20/2008 1:52:22 PM
Hello,

If it is a single table that you are after, why not export it
from MySQL and then bcp it into ASE?

Export from MySQL:
   http://www.mysql.com/products/tools/query-browser/tutorials/export.html

bcp your_db..your_table in exported_file.csv -Usa -Pmypass -S ASE -c -t,

Or do you need the data in real time?

Thanks,
   Neal
0
SybaseNeal
3/20/2008 2:04:31 PM
> Yap, that is right, Open server can pull the trick.
> I have a client, just want to pull data from 1 table here.
>
> No wonder people are leaving for Or*?*? Gateway (free to
> use).

Hmmm - last time I looked the TG4 gateway wasn't free (but I
haven't checked for MySQL as the target)

Anyway, as Neal says - there are other options if the amount
of data isn't excessive.

Michael
0
mpeppler
3/20/2008 3:57:07 PM
Well, real time is 1 of the requirements.


SybaseNeal wrote:

> Hello,
> 
> If it is a single table that you are after, why not export it
> from MySQL and then bcp it into ASE?
> 
> Export from MySQL:
>    http://www.mysql.com/products/tools/query-browser/tutorials/export.html
> 
> bcp your_db..your_table in exported_file.csv -Usa -Pmypass -S ASE -c -t,
> 
> Or do you need the data in real time?
> 
> Thanks,
>    Neal

0
dbMethods
3/20/2008 9:21:42 PM
Reply: