Using DSN to access ASE12.5 database from a MS ACCESS DB

I recently installed a Sybase ASE12.5 server. After that, I was able to set
up an ODBC DSN.
However, when I created a hot link from my ACCESS db, I was able to see the
table list
displayed. I then selected a table, and click on the 'OK' button,
immediately I received the
following error:

     Reserverd error (-7747): there is no message for this error.

My machine is a WIN2000 machine. I have done the same thing for ASE11.9 and
ASE12.0
and have never run into this problem.

So, can someone ran into the same probelm and have solution?

-- Peter Lo

0
Peter

peter.lo@tradecapture.com wrote...
> I recently installed a Sybase ASE12.5 server. After that, I was able to set
> up an ODBC DSN.
> However, when I created a hot link from my ACCESS db, I was able to see the
> table list
> displayed. I then selected a table, and click on the 'OK' button,
> immediately I received the
> following error:
>
>      Reserverd error (-7747): there is no message for this error.
>
> My machine is a WIN2000 machine. I have done the same thing for ASE11.9 and
> ASE12.0
> and have never run into this problem.
>
> So, can someone ran into the same probelm and have solution?

I can't find a message with that number.  Any chance you are using an object name that is
now a reserved word in ASE 12.5?
--
Jim Egan [TeamSybase]
Senior Consultant

Using DSN to access ASE12.5 database from a MA ACCESS db (WIN2000)
Yes, I have a table called 'function' which is a keyword in ASE12.5. However, in the database I tried to connect to, I have renamed the 'function' table to other name. I turned on the trace for ODBC and retried again. Here is what I captured in SQL.LOG when I selected the table 'account_ext_info': ============================================================================ === MSACCESS 448-414 EXIT SQLGetData with return code 0 (SQL_SUCCESS) HSTMT 07E41798 UWORD 6 SWORD -8 <SQL_C_WCHAR> PTR 0x0012B550 [ 32] "account_ext_inf...

Using DSN to acces ASE12.5 database from a MS ACCESS DB
I recently installed a Sybase ASE12.5 server. After that, I was able to set up an ODBC DSN. However, when I created a hot link from my ACCESS db, I was able to see the table list displayed. I then selected a table, and click on the 'OK' button, immediately I received the following error: Reserverd error (-7747): there is no message for this error. My machine is a WIN2000 machine. I have done the same thing for ASE11.9 and ASE12.0 and have never run into this problem. So, can someone ran into the same probelm and have solution? -- Peter Lo You will...

Accessing the PC database using a web-page and PowerBuilder 5.0 front-end and MS Access Database
I am trying to connect my web page, which is the standard HTML Explorier applet to my MS Access Database by way of PowerBuilder 5.0. I would like the steps and PowerBuilder Script to make this work. I was told that this is possible, but I don't know where to start, where to place the needed Script, and how to get the link on the web page to call up Powerbuilder to access the MS Access database. Help! You create a PB user object that has methods that do the access. You deploy that as a distributed PB component and then access it using Web.PB. Read more on distributed PB and...

Hi, I use login control. My database in an MS access mdb file. How to set the access db to be the provider of the login control?
Hi I'm pretty new to security, so it may be a qstn of a begginer but i hope you'll help. I have an access db, and I use the login control. The login control uses the asp.net sql server as the provider right? but I want it to use my custom access database as the provider/database how can I do it?   Thanks for the help. The login control will use whichever provider is specified in the <Membership> section of your Web.config.  So in order to use your existing database, you'll probably want to create a custom membership provider.  There are lots of e...

Data Access using MS Access Database
I am writing an application I am writing in VS 2005 Web Developer.  I have been able to connect to my Access Database just fine, but I am having trouble pulling rows from the database.  I have a drop down list in order to choose an employee.  After the employee is picked I need to copy their address, city, state, and zip ifrom my table into text boxes on the form.  I have looked for a week now, but nothing goes beyond just the connection itself.  I can find plenty using sql, but not access.  Can anyone help? Most of the SQL examples you will find for use ...

Accessing a MS Access database
Hi, I would like to do a lookup into an Access database, and display the result in a grid. I'm an embedded programmer being thrown into the world of .net, asp, VB, and databases so I don't know where to start :-) ...... can anyone help me ? Thanks. Really jus ta matter of making a connection, doing your query, and displaying results. Here is a sample from a module I use. The data is bound to a datagrid. Sub LoadSchedule() Dim strSrc As String = CType(Settings("src"), String) If Trim(strSrc) <> "" Then ...

Connect Remote server MS Access DB with .Net using DSN
 Hi,Connect Remote server MS Access DB with .Net using DSN .My code is: String ss = "Provider=MS Remote;Remote Server=http://serverName:1433; Remote Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;DSN=Test;";                   OdbcConnection con = new OdbcConnection(ss);        con.Open();        Response.Write("Connected");when i try to access, i am getting the following error ERROR [IM002] [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Mana...

Linking Access Db tables to a different Access Db using the Internet.
I am looking for the simplest way in ms Access to link up to tables in a different Access database (using ASP or not). It works in a LAN, now I want to use the internet instead. If possible without inviting a heavy load of redundant features. Anybody willing to advice?Robert...

How to Access a MS Access Database in a webserver
i, I have a database that is located outside of root. /database /myzone /clients /test /WebAPPTest4/default.aspx I was given following code by my host but I couldnt get it work. ****************************************************** Private Sub Connection() Dim strPath = Server.MapPath("/") Dim strPathDatabase = Replace(strPath, "\www", "\database") Dim strConnection = strPathDatabase & "\RecordLabel.mdb" Dim sConnectionString As New String("Provider=Microsof...

How to get an access to MS Access database?
Is it possible to get normal access to MS Access database without OLE DB drivers just with methods of ASP.NET. The problem is that the hoster set trust level to medium and does not allow using of OLE DB drivers. Thank you....

Synchronise access to ms access database
Hello guys, i'm currently working on an asp.net application that connects to an access database. What I am noticing in the developement process is that whenever i'm opening the database using MS access and trying to execute a function in my project that needs to access the database, i get an error "couldn't open file". Well, the solution is to close the database in MS access so to be allow my asp.net application to access the database. What i m wondering now is what will happen if two or more users connect to my asp.net application and try to do some operation on the database. w...

Using OLEDB with .Net 2.0 to access ASE 12.5.3 database
Hello all, I'm trying to access an ASE 12.5.3 database from Visual Studio 2005 using C#. On the client side I am running the 12.5.4 drivers. The code looks like this: string connStr; connStr = @"Provider=ASEOLEDB;Server Name=server,port;Initial Catalog=dbname;User Id=userid;Password=password;"; OleDbConnection myConnection = new OleDbConnection(connStr); myConnection.Open(); The program blows up when I hit myConnection.Open() with the error: No such interface supported (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80004002 (E_NOINTERFACE)) Does anyone know what this means? I c...

How to access the MS access database for different domains.
 I have three domains configured on the same server (one IIS server).and i have three copies of the same Access database for three different domains. i want that only one copy the MS Acess database can share the three domains.  How can i accomplish this task. thanks in advance. zainullah...

Using the AS in a SQL query accessing an Access DB
Hello, I'm using a Asp.Net GridView for the first time and am VERY pleased with how easy it is to set up. However, I'm running into a couple of simple problems. First, my query looks like this: sql.Append("SELECT DISTINCT a As 'something somthing' ...") My problem is that when I view the grid, the single quotes actually show up. When I eliminate them, no results are found (because of the spaces). How do I get around this? Also, I selected the features Edit and Delete in the GridView (using VWD Express). How do I go about actually implementing those? I am g...

Web resources about - Using DSN to access ASE12.5 database from a MS ACCESS DB - sybase.ase.general

Five million customers affected by Vtech database hack
Toy and educational material seller Vtech has revealed five million customers were affected by a hack of its app database and has also suspended ...

IDG Contributor Network: Avoiding ginormous transaction logs with SharePoint databases
... why do we see these humongous transaction logs so often? I am going to blame it on a “misunderstanding” of how Microsoft describes a full database ...

Change your passwords: NexusMods suffers database breach
... security breach by posts on reddit. Cybersecurity firm REN-ISAC had apparently contacted several university IT departments about a database ...

VTech Admits Lack of Database Security Opened Door to Hack
A SQL injection, a common software flaw, was found to be the root cause in the VTech breach.

MapR And Big Data In The World's Largest Biometric Database Project
India?s Aadhaar project is one of the world?s most ambitious big data projects, aiming to collect, store, and utilize biometric information from ...

Trump calls for surveillance of some mosques, attempts to clarify remarks on Syrian database
Trump calls for surveillance of some mosques, attempts to clarify remarks on Syrian database