Users logging in as the same user..

HI there..

I have a problem with ASE12.0 .. I have created 10 users on the database
and granted everybody permissions and all.. However, it seems everybody, no
matter who logs in, logs in as the same user..

For eg... I have user logins John, Alex, Alan, Steve......etc etc
And i created a user group for all of them (eg developers..)

However, when they log on to isql, anything that they do will be under
John, no matter if it is logins John, Alex, Steve... or etc etc..

If i do a sp_who.. all the connections will be listed as John.
If they create tables, all table created will be owned by JOhn
If they create stored procs.. all owners are John..

and you get my drift here..

Can anyone help me here?

Cheers
Robbie
0
fowler
10/24/2001 8:34:22 AM
📁 sybase.ase.general
📃 8655 articles.
⭐ 0 followers.

💬 5 Replies
👁️‍🗨️ 1195 Views

Did you do:

sp_adduser Steve, Steve, developer

or did you:

sp_addalias Steve, John?

The latter would result in the situation that you are describing.  (If so,
then do sp_dropalias Steve, etc. and then do sp_adduser ...)

<fowler> wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> HI there..
>
> I have a problem with ASE12.0 .. I have created 10 users on the database
> and granted everybody permissions and all.. However, it seems everybody,
no
> matter who logs in, logs in as the same user..
>
> For eg... I have user logins John, Alex, Alan, Steve......etc etc
> And i created a user group for all of them (eg developers..)
>
> However, when they log on to isql, anything that they do will be under
> John, no matter if it is logins John, Alex, Steve... or etc etc..
>
> If i do a sp_who.. all the connections will be listed as John.
> If they create tables, all table created will be owned by JOhn
> If they create stored procs.. all owners are John..
>
> and you get my drift here..
>
> Can anyone help me here?
>
> Cheers
> Robbie

0
Carl
10/24/2001 11:59:29 AM
Hi there..

Nope, actually i used Sybase Central to add the users.. And i am sure that
i didnt create an alias.

anybody?

Robbie..
0
Fowler
10/25/2001 1:39:36 AM
run sp_helpuser in the database where you are having problem and post the
output for help

Babu

<Fowler> wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> Hi there..
>
> Nope, actually i used Sybase Central to add the users.. And i am sure that
> i didnt create an alias.
>
> anybody?
>
> Robbie..

0
Babu
10/25/2001 10:29:00 AM
Hi there..

Heres the output of sp_helpuser

Users_name        ID_in_db Group_name        Login_name
 ----------------- -------- ----------------- -----------------
 alex                     4 dev               alex
 craig                    6 dev               craig
 dbo                      1 public            sa
 susan                    8 public            susan
 kevin                   11 dev               kevin
 lisa                     3 dev               lisa
 mei                      7 dev               mei
 jerzy                    9 dev               jerzy
 robbie                  10 public            robbie
 suzy                     5 dev               suzy
(return status = 0)

basically, if anybody in the dev group logins, they will login as lisa..
Any tables, stored procs they create will be created under lisa.. Also when
they are logged on, and i do a sp_who, it will look as if multiple lisa's
are logged on...

Anybody can help me here?

Cheers
Robbie
0
Fowler
10/26/2001 1:54:40 AM
When the users login, do they specify a user with '-U<login>' or are they
defaulting to some environment variable?

Fowler wrote:

> Hi there..
>
> Heres the output of sp_helpuser
>
> Users_name        ID_in_db Group_name        Login_name
>  ----------------- -------- ----------------- -----------------
>  alex                     4 dev               alex
>  craig                    6 dev               craig
>  dbo                      1 public            sa
>  susan                    8 public            susan
>  kevin                   11 dev               kevin
>  lisa                     3 dev               lisa
>  mei                      7 dev               mei
>  jerzy                    9 dev               jerzy
>  robbie                  10 public            robbie
>  suzy                     5 dev               suzy
> (return status = 0)
>
> basically, if anybody in the dev group logins, they will login as lisa..
> Any tables, stored procs they create will be created under lisa.. Also when
> they are logged on, and i do a sp_who, it will look as if multiple lisa's
> are logged on...
>
> Anybody can help me here?
>
> Cheers
> Robbie