user - login - alias mismatch

Hi,

After loading a database I found that

SELECT * FROM sysusers returns

       suid  uid  gid  name
       ----  ---  ---  ----
before    1    1    0  dbo
 after   14    1    0  dbo

suid 1 is sa while suid 14 is a login with sso and sa priviledges.
All our database users are aliased to dbo.
This move(load) seems that have broken something.
Is there a way to change the suid for dbo?

thanks

1
Guy

gbourdon@dinmar.com wrote...
> Hi,
>
> After loading a database I found that
>
> SELECT * FROM sysusers returns
>
>        suid  uid  gid  name
>        ----  ---  ---  ----
> before    1    1    0  dbo
>  after   14    1    0  dbo
>
> suid 1 is sa while suid 14 is a login with sso and sa priviledges.
> All our database users are aliased to dbo.
> This move(load) seems that have broken something.
> Is there a way to change the suid for dbo?
>
> thanks

You need to turn on "allow update to system tables" and then run an update that makes the
suid values in the database match those that are in the syslogins table in the master
database.  I used to have a script to do this but it has been too long since I needed.
--
Jim Egan [TeamSybase]
Senior Consultant

Sybase TechWave 2001 http://www.sybase.com/events/techwave2001
August 12th - 16th, San Diego
0
Jim
6/16/2001 4:30:19 AM
You can try the stored procedure
"sp_chanegdbowner, sa, true".  The true will transfer the aliases to the
new database owner.  If the database was loaded from another server, the
suid of users may change.  You may need to drop and re-add aliases to
insure correct access.
Use "select suser_name(suid) Uname, suser_name(altsuid) AliasTo
from sysalternates"  to list current aliases.
0
wkraatz
6/18/2001 3:30:12 PM
Give this a try.  It works for us.

sp_configure "allow updates",1
go
use <yourdatabase>
go
UPDATE sysusers
SET sysusers.suid = syslogins.suid
FROM DBSglep.dbo.sysusers sysusers, master.dbo.syslogins syslogins
WHERE sysusers.name = syslogins.name
go
sp_configure "allow updates",0
go

HTH, Scott

"Guy Bourdon" <gbourdon@dinmar.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> After loading a database I found that
>
> SELECT * FROM sysusers returns
>
>        suid  uid  gid  name
>        ----  ---  ---  ----
> before    1    1    0  dbo
>  after   14    1    0  dbo
>
> suid 1 is sa while suid 14 is a login with sso and sa priviledges.
> All our database users are aliased to dbo.
> This move(load) seems that have broken something.
> Is there a way to change the suid for dbo?
>
> thanks

0
Scott

General question: user controls inside user controls
I have a dropdownlist user control - it does various things. Now I want to create a datagrid user control for a mini content-management type function and I want the dropdownlist user control in it. My question is: is this a good or a bad way to go - nesting a user control within another user control? Would other ways (what ways?) be better? No problem nesting controls.Bertrand----This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights....

ASE to ASE

What generals generally do

ASE and ASE

ASA To ASE - VS

Password mismatch for the user
I created a web application and a jar file with one EJB. A servlet in the web app gets the following message on my production server when it tries to get a handle to the EJB in the jaguar package: Aug 08 16:07:38 2001: AFLIB Message: 18044/11/0: Password mismatch for the user . OS error:The parameter is incorrect. Aug 08 16:07:38 2001: SystemException: NO_PERMISSION (Manager/createSession - @192.168.3.1) Aug 08 16:07:38 2001: javax.naming.NamingException [Root exception is org.omg.CORBA.NO_PERMISSION: minor code: 0 completed: No] This works on my test server, but it doesnt ha...

User functions in ASE
Hi all! In some DBMS(such as MySQL or SQLBase) i can write functions on C using database specific interface and then make a dll and load this dll into database server. So i can use my functions within sql queries to database server. Does ASE 12.5 allow to do something like this? I know that i need to write user defined functions on Java in ASE, but it's unaceptable for me. Thanks Hi Alexander. Take a look at the thread "UDF" (May 2, 2003) in the "sybase.public.ase.product_futures_discussion" forum. Regards. Stefan. "Alexander" ...

Adding ASE to existing ASE-to-ASE Installation
I am using all ASE's in my SQLRemote setup. My current installation consists of a Consolidated ASE & 2 Remote ASE's. My attempt to add another Remote ASE to the existing installation consists of these steps: - Install the sqlremote system objects in the new Remote - Install the stable queues in the new Remote - Manually extract a bcp file of the shared table from the Cons server - Configure the Cons server for another subscriber - Configure the new Remote's shared table, publications, & subscriptions. - Manually b...

User to User trigger
I am developing a checkers web application in visual basic.  When a player finalizes his move, the move information is sent to a database.  I seek a method to inform the second player that the first player is finished.  This would allow the second player to find his opponent's move in the database and update his aspx Checker diagram page.  I realize that I could program so that the second player reads the database every few seconds to see if his opponent has finished.  But this seems to be an unnecessary use of server capacity.  It would be so muc...

Each user as database user
Good day! I'm trying to implement my own MemebershipProvider. Problem is, that different users should be different database users. Not each user. Any idea, how to solve this? Because only way how to use some database user I know it is to change connection string...  Why dont you use Windows Authentication and let the Active Directory take care of your memberships. Is this an internal application?  It is not. I already wrote one post about it and I will tell it again. Application is based on classicla win application. The same database. Problem is, that usual dat...

User database on RSSD ASE
A simple question (I hope) for the Rep Server experts. Can you see any harm in creating a small user database on the RSSD ASE? We have Rep Server and the RSSD ASE on the same box, and I want to use the Extended File Option of ASE to make an external file on this machine available to a query, but don't know if I should create another ASE (seems like overkill) to achieve this. Is it safe to have the RSSD and another db on the same server? TIA, Don Don, That's fine. -- Thanks, G.Carter Sybase Replication Server Engineering mailto:greg.carter@workmail.com ...

remote user frozen on ASE
We have an issue when newly extracted remote ASA database generated error message "Missing Message ... " during the first replication. In consolidated ASE database value in sr_remoteuser.log_sent for the corresponding remote user became LESS than sr_subscription.created (Is It Possible ?). From this time poind the remote user got frozen , there is no changes in 'send' part of the table sr_remoteuser. The only way to make rem user working again is to run sp_subscription Start. It requires the database re-extraction, since the data are lost. Why did the ...

User to external user
I have a user that I setup as a regular GW user. He has now moved to an external site. I have setup the users at these external sites as external users. I need to change him to an external user. If I do this will he lose the mail he has in his inbox now? How do I change him to an external user? Thanks TID 10026683 Cheers Dave -- Dave Parkes [NSCS] Occasionally resident at http://support-forums.novell.com/ ...

ASE Database and User Creation
Hi I just downloaded the ASE Developer version I wanted to create TAbles,Procedures and Users here I am not sure how to create them Where can i create the Tables rather Databases,Tables,User etc in ASE Please help me Thanks in Advance Mahendra Mahendra.K wrote... > Hi > > I just downloaded the ASE Developer version > > I wanted to create TAbles,Procedures and Users here > > I am not sure how to create them > > Where can i create the Tables rather > > Databases,Tables,User etc in ASE There are three tools provided with ...

Users Managing Users
I need to create groups of users (Distributors) and in those groups, allow one of them to be able to create new users for that group.  Each Distributor managing their own group of users. I am wondering if this could or should be a module or should I start hacking the source.? For this instance, I'd say create yourself a custom module.  The "hack the source" approach tends to introduce issues over time.  :-)Bill KnausBlog: http://life.billknaus.com/blogs/ymmv/Website: http://billknaus.com/ Check out WorkControl-UserManager http://www.workcontrol.com/Products/Use...

Web resources about - user - login - alias mismatch - sybase.ase.general

Spatial mismatch - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Spatial mismatch is the mismatch between where low-income households reside and where suitable job opportunities are available. In its original ...

Skills mismatch behind youth jobless: B20
Making graduates more attractive to employers is key to reducing youth unemployment, a conference heard today.

Retirement dreams a mismatch with savings reality
Australians have unrealistic expectations about the lifestyle they will be able to afford in retirement.

The perfect mismatch
The perfect mismatch

Newcastle Next: Powerful mismatch of architectural styles
WILL Newcastle be all that different from the Newcastle we see now, or the one 100 years ago?

Soccer mismatch
Dutch scientists claim that mistakes are inevitable when assistant referees are judging whether soccer players are offside or not. Raôul R. ...

Free to play iOS game marketing cost ‘mismatch is insane’
Free-to-play iOS game makers say the mismatch is “insane” between what it costs to acquire a new customer and how much revenue they’ll get through ...

Skills mismatch or ‘labour market failure’? Canada’s newcomer conundrum
In the past seven years, the number of people brought to Canada to do a job and then leave has eclipsed the number of people moving here annually ...

PBO: Canada's Labour Shortage, Skills Mismatch Don't Seem To Exist
OTTAWA - Canada's budget watchdog says there's little evidence of serious labour shortages or a skills mismatch problem in the country.The finding ...

Mismatch
... itself. The company treats the stores as a sales channel but also as a communications channel with its customers. A complete and total mismatch. ...