Sybase CodeXchange for ASE Now Available

CodeXchange, from the Sybase Developer Network, allows for the free
exchange of code samples, scripts and other tools. CodeXchange also hosts
collaborative development projects where users can work together on an
unfinished piece of code or an open source tool in development.  Any SDN
member can access CodeXchange by signing in to MySybase or SDN from the
Sybase.com site. You can download pieces of code you find in a particular
project; and more important, you can submit pieces of code or other tools
that you have created. Content in CodeXchange is not supported by Sybase,
but can come from any Sybase user, customer, or employee, all of whom
benefit in return from the contributions of others.

There is a specific section of CodeXchange set up just for ASE.  Within the ASE project
there are the following folders:
Development
  Open Client / Open Server
  SQL Tips & Tricks
  XML / Java
Management
  Administration
    Upgrades / Migration
  Performance
    Monitoring
  General Management Functions
  Security

To get to the ASE section use the following URL:
http://ase.codexchange.sybase.com/
--
Jim Egan [TeamSybase]

0
Jim

"Jim Egan" <eganjp_nospam@compuserve.com> wrote in message
> CodeXchange, from the Sybase Developer Network, allows for the free
> exchange of code samples, scripts and other tools.

Is there any way to show new submissions since the last time you visited or
even to sort them by date?

0
Peter

I have existing user logins in the Sybase server and now application
requirement says we need to map these Sybase login id with user?s initial
login id (Application id) and once user is logged into the application
he/she should be able to use the Sybase database too. Now the problem is,
application login id is resides in LDAP server and user management in LDAP
server is not transparent to Sybase, so any change in user credential at
LDAP will not be reflects into the Sybase server. Can anybody help me out,
how I can go for it?

ASE version is 12.0.0.4

Many thank for all your help.

Anand
0
Anand

ASE to ASE

ASE and ASE

ASA To ASE - VS

Adding ASE to existing ASE-to-ASE Installation
I am using all ASE's in my SQLRemote setup. My current installation consists of a Consolidated ASE & 2 Remote ASE's. My attempt to add another Remote ASE to the existing installation consists of these steps: - Install the sqlremote system objects in the new Remote - Install the stable queues in the new Remote - Manually extract a bcp file of the shared table from the Cons server - Configure the Cons server for another subscriber - Configure the new Remote's shared table, publications, & subscriptions. - Manually b...

Migration Tool to ASE now Available.
http://www.sybase.com/detail/1,6904,1023683,00.html Sukhesh wrote: > http://www.sybase.com/detail/1,6904,1023683,00.html > > Hi Sukhesh, ======== In order to install and use PowerTransfer, your system will require: * Sybase PowerDesigner 9.5.1 * Sybase Open Client 12.5 ======== Please make a version that does not require PowerDesigner. If we are just talking a migration, I see no benefit of plopping down money on PowerDesigner for a one time migration. I can understand that it might increase the sales of PowerDesigner and that this would...

Will the latest ASE for linux be available to be download now?
Hello All, The latest version of ASE for linux is announced for days, but i still could not find where to download it , will sybase.com put it on their site and make it available to be download ? TIA. joe wrote: > Hello All, > > The latest version of ASE for linux is announced for days, but i still > could not find where to download it , will sybase.com put it on their > site and make it available to be download ? > > TIA. I got a reply yesterday that said it would be on shortly, sometime today I am hoping. -- Jeffrey D. Brekke ...

sql-remote between ASE and ASE
hello! sql-remote document don't give us help with replication with ASE and ASE. i need detail how to do it. i use ASE12 + NT4.0 + SQL Remote6.0.2 . i test it in the list 1�� define messagetype : smtp 2�� define use_name :one is publisher,the other is remote user_name 3�� define publisher,publication,subscription 4��execute ssremote.exe to receive or send message I failed at the step of extract database .i don't extract the database . please help me ,tell me the datail of sql-remote confige. Thanks a lot , ...

SQL Remote ASE
hi did anybody know when SQL Remote support blob (image, text) replicacion for ASE - ASE? our company need this feature. joan caceres electro sur este s.a.a. Hello Joan, Support for image and text replication with SQL Remote went in as of ASA 6 mainline, 6.0.01.1256, and SA maintenance 5.5.04 build 1938. Regards, Bob Bauer Sybase Technical Support jmcd wrote: > hi > > did anybody know when SQL Remote support blob (image, text) replicacion for > ASE - ASE? > > our company need this feature. > > joan caceres > electro sur este ...

ASE workgroup
hi, what the diference between ASE workgroup and ASE Enterprise, to which systems apply workgroup or enterprise. is an AlphaServer 4000 (DIGITAL SERVER 7305) workgroup and unix and ASE 12.0 will be avaliable for true unix (DEC UNIX). thanks in advance ...

ASE Administrator 12.5 Practice Exam
Sybase Certifications is pleased to announce the immediate availability of the new ASE 12.5 Administrator - Practice Exam to prepare for professional certification. About the ASE 12.5 Administrator Certification Practice Exam: Formatted on a CD, this self-scoring exam provides the ability to see percent grade, pass/fail result, the answers you chose and the correct answers for each question, and results broken down by topic category. You can stop and score the exam at any point. Now, you can retake this practice exam as often as needed until you feel confident to proceed to the fi...

Solaris ASE to Linux ASE
We are looking into using Replication Server to Set up Warm Standby of Production ASE databases - Primary site being on Solaris platform - Standby Copy on Linux. Does any utilize this configuration ? What is the best way to initialize data on the Standby Server ? What other issues should I be concerned with ? Hi, Technically you can setup Warm Standby across platforms. It may work well too with Replication Server. However, you cannot dump and load the databases (cross platform dump and load not supported), hence there will be issues when you need to resync your databases. Eac...

Replication between ASE and ASE URGENT
HI everybody Can you help me please with the following question. We need to syncronize ASE to ASE ( bidirectional) Initially, it was planned to implement with SQL remote, but it isn't available. With replication server, it isn't a solution beacuse, the customer doesn=B4t have a comunntication channel all time. We think use Mobiliink Server to replictase ASE to ASE, but using an ASA in the middle, so that, first it replicate ASE to ASA, and later, ASA to ASE, is it this feasible ??? Thanks four your answer "Marco" <mbarrion@uniplex.com.ec> wr...

sql remote ase to ase
can I use sql remote ro replicate data form ase to ase or only from asa to ase and asa to asa ? I would also recommend that you read over the following tech doc; Implementing ASE to ASE Server SQL Remote Replication http://my.sybase.com/detail?id=1009730 Ian Bater iAnywhere Solutions Reg Domaratzki wrote: > Just be aware of the limitations pointed out in the documentation when using ASE as a remote database. > > Replication and Synchronization Guide > PART 4. Appendixes > APPENDIX A. Enterprise and Anywhere: Differences > > Limitations ...

ASE Migration From ASE 11.5.1 (NT) to ASE 12.9 on Win2003.
Need help to find Sybase's upgrade and migration docs on above subject? Thank you. ASE 12.9? Currently, no released versions of ASE are certified on Win 2003. ASE 12.5.1 will be certified when it is released later this year. Mark Kusma <Lily Maria> wrote in message news:3f497cad.367e.846930886@sybase.com... > Need help to find Sybase's upgrade and migration docs on > above subject? > Thank you. Thanks for the info. I would like to know if there's any online documentation on migration and upgrade plan of the ASE 11.5.1 to ASE 12.5.1? Do applica...

Web resources about - Sybase CodeXchange for ASE Now Available - sybase.ase.general

How To - Sybase Inc
CodeXchange – RAP – The Trading Edition Useful stuff around RAP. Scripts, how to's, ...

Evaluations - Sybase Inc
switch to mobile view Worldwide [change] Argentina Australia Austria Belgium Brazil Canada China Czech Republic Denmark Finland France Germany ...

Sybase Software Downloads and Code Samples - Database and Mobility Software - Sybase Inc
The business intelligence and database management software download center offers various Sybase software downloads and code samples. For more ...