sybase books

why no one writes books on Sybase ASE? Or if anyone has come
across a good read (new sybase books) please list it here...

i see so many tuning books on oracle, just reading them gets
going with few ideas which one could look into when doing
coding or dba work...

I didnt see any books on sybase @Barnes And Noble (some of
them were for old version).
0
jobless

------=_NextPart_000_0092_01CB96B9.2CE40BD0

Hello

http://www.isug.com/common/SybaseBooks.html

Sybase manuals arranged in book type for free. =20

http://infocenter.sybase.com/help/index.jsp

Thanks
Joseph

<jobless> wrote in message news:4cff9595.53b4.1681692777@sybase.com...
> why no one writes books on Sybase ASE? Or if anyone has come
> across a good read (new sybase books) please list it here...
>=20
> i see so many tuning books on oracle, just reading them gets
> going with few ideas which one could look into when doing
> coding or dba work...
>=20
> I didnt see any books on sybase @Barnes And Noble (some of
> them were for old version).
------=_NextPart_000_0092_01CB96B9.2CE40BD0

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Hello</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><A href=3D"http://www.isug.com/common/SybaseBooks.html"><FONT =
face=3DArial=20
size=3D2>http://www.isug.com/common/SybaseBooks.html</FONT></A></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Sybase manuals arranged in book type =
for=20
free.&nbsp; </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><A href=3D"http://infocenter.sybase.com/help/index.jsp"><FONT =
face=3DArial=20
size=3D2>http://infocenter.sybase.com/help/index.jsp</FONT></A></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Thanks<BR>Joseph</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>&lt;jobless&gt; wrote in message =
</FONT><A=20
href=3D"news:4cff9595.53b4.1681692777@sybase.com"><FONT face=3DArial=20
size=3D2>news:4cff9595.53b4.1681692777@sybase.com</FONT></A><FONT =
face=3DArial=20
size=3D2>...</FONT></DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>&gt; why no one =
writes books on=20
Sybase ASE? Or if anyone has come<BR>&gt; across a good read (new sybase =
books)=20
please list it here...<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; i see so many tuning books on =
oracle,=20
just reading them gets<BR>&gt; going with few ideas which one could look =
into=20
when doing<BR>&gt; coding or dba work...<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; I didnt see =
any books=20
on sybase @Barnes And Noble (some of<BR>&gt; them were for old=20
version).</FONT></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0092_01CB96B9.2CE40BD0--

0
Joseph

ASE and ASE

What generals generally do

ASE to ASE

ASA To ASE - VS

Good ASE books
Hey all, Can anyone recommend a good ASE11.9.2 DBA manual. Either for SQL or Administration. I've looked around at the Sybase books available, and they all seem rather dated. Right now the only reference material I have is from a Sybase class I took and the Sybooks. I'd like to find one that deals with 11.9.2 preferrably on Solaris (bt obviously a general platform independent one will do). Thanks, Tom Check out some tips at http://www.euronet.nl/~syp_rob/sybbooks.html HTH, Rob ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Rob Verscho...

Adding ASE to existing ASE-to-ASE Installation
I am using all ASE's in my SQLRemote setup. My current installation consists of a Consolidated ASE & 2 Remote ASE's. My attempt to add another Remote ASE to the existing installation consists of these steps: - Install the sqlremote system objects in the new Remote - Install the stable queues in the new Remote - Manually extract a bcp file of the shared table from the Cons server - Configure the Cons server for another subscriber - Configure the new Remote's shared table, publications, & subscriptions. - Manually b...

Any ASE 11.5 books out there?
I am looking for good books to learn Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 11.5. I would appreciate any help in this matter TIA ...

Any ASE 11.5 books out there?
I am looking for good books to learn Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 11.5. I would appreciate any help in this matter TIA The ASE 11.5 manuals from Sybase are the best reference around in my opinion. They are slightly expensive if this is for personal use, but I'd recommend them if you can get your company to pay for them. Call Sybase at 1-800-8SYBASE to order. Eric Muthu wrote in message ... >I am looking for good books to learn Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 11.5. I >would appreciate any help in this matter > >TIA Couldn't find any pub...

Books on ASE 12.0
Isn't strange that there hasn't been any books published about Sybase SQL Servers since 1997. With the release of a new SQL Server product by any major vendor there would usually be a number of books published long before it was released. In the case of Sybase ASE 12.0 there has not been a book published about it months after it's release. Has the ASE product such little profile that no authors or publishers find it worth their while to publish a book about it? Given the large number of books published about many of the nitch topic areas of the IS wo...

Any ASE 11.5 books out there?
I am looking for good books to learn Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 11.5. I would appreciate any help in this matter TIA Thanks for the pointer. Actually I was looking for text books, but it seems this site is very good providing the necessary documentation about ASE. Jason Froebe <jfroebe@btigate.com> wrote: >You may want to take a look at http://sybooks.sybase.com It has all the >manuals. > >Muthu wrote in message ... >>I am looking for good books to learn Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 11.5. >I >>would appreciate any help in this ma...

ASE 12.5 Books
Can anyone recommend a good programmer's reference book for ASE 12.5 ? I would be using it for writing stored procedures not DBA work. Thanks! RM Change that to ASE 12.0 "RM" <Rosemarie.boarman@starzencore.com> wrote in message news:#7$VTn5tAHA.169@forums.sybase.com... > Can anyone recommend a good programmer's reference book for ASE 12.5 ? > I would be using it for writing stored procedures not DBA work. > > Thanks! > RM > > Since 12.5 is still in Beta I wouldn't expect that there are any books available yet. Rob Ve...

Any ASE 11.5 books out there?
I am looking for good books to learn Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 11.5. I would appreciate any help in this matter TIA I haven't found any good books on 11.0 or 11.5. I haven't even seen any books for 11.5 period. When I go to Barns & Noble I only see Oracle books. Sometime it makes me wonder???? Marty Muthu wrote in message ... >I am looking for good books to learn Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 11.5. I >would appreciate any help in this matter > >TIA Muthu wrote: > > I am looking for good books to learn Adaptive Server E...

good general programming book?
------=_NextPart_000_00F9_01C2DC02.C4B84090 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Does anyone recommend a good general programming book? Something that's = not so much language specific, but more about methodologies, techniques, = etc. I don't have a programming background, so I tend to have the most = trouble when it comes to looking at the larger picture and how a program = should flow, rather than the finer details like syntax. Thanks, Jose ------=_NextPart_000_00F9_01C2DC02.C4B84090-- Well your in ...

ASE 12.0 Books
Would appreciate if anyone could recommend some cheap and good ASE 12.0 Books to remember the ASE 12.0 commands easily. Thanks, John Hello, I would recommend to buy ASE 12.0 quick reference guide Written by Rob V. The book can still be ordered online http://www.sypron.nl/qr. This book provides the command syntax and the brief description of the command as well, which is very important. This is one of the best book I have ever seen. The Quick Reference Guide provided by Sybase with ASE 12.5 software doesn't give the command description rather it gives only command sy...

Web resources about - sybase books - sybase.ase.general

Sybase - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Sybase was founded in 1984 by Mark Hoffman, Bob Epstein, Jane Doughty and Tom Haggin in Epstein’s home in Berkeley, California. Together, they ...

Data Warehouse, Database Management Software Systems, Mobile Enterprise Solutions - Sybase Inc
Sybase is an industry leader in delivering enterprise and mobile software to manage, analyze and mobilize information for business intelligence, ...

Enterprise Data Management, Analysis and Mobilization Software - Sybase Inc
Sybase is an industry leader in delivering enterprise and mobile software to manage, analyze and mobilize information for business intelligence, ...

Sybase Mobile Workflow 2.1 on the App Store on iTunes
Get Sybase Mobile Workflow 2.1 on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

New BlackBerry COO is ex-Sybase exec Marty Beard
... a new chief operating officer, Marty Beard, recently CEO of cloud customer service company LiveOps and before that an executive at Sybase.

BlackBerry hires sales chief from Sybase
BlackBerry chief executive John Chen is hiring another executive from the ranks of the previous U.S. technology company that he turned around. ...

After Stepping Down as Sybase CEO Last Week, John Chen Joins Silver Lake as Senior Adviser Today
Private equity firm Silver Lake has appointed former Sybase CEO John Chen (pictured here) as a senior adviser. Chen had a long tenure at the ...

Tennis tourney on solid footing, Sybase sponsorship in flux
... with Daily Local Business News, Resources &amp; more in San Jose, California. The tennis tournament known for the last seven years as the Sybase ...

Chen’s BlackBerry Revival Task Mirrors Sybase in 1990s
Fifteen years after saving Sybase Inc. from its death spiral, John Chen is being called upon to revive a beaten-down BlackBerry Ltd.

SAP Loses Sybase’s Chen After Gaining Blueprint for Deals
SAP AG is losing a top executive from Sybase Inc., the largest acquisition in the German software company’s history, after fully integrating ...