Read from the server has timed out

Hi,

Environment: ASE 15.0.3 ESD#1 on Solaris.

Attempts to log into the ASE failed with the following
message:

CT-LIBRARY error:
        ct_connect(): user api layer: internal Client
Library error: Read from the server has timed out.
CT-LIBRARY error:
        ct_connect(): network packet layer: internal net
library error: Net-lib operation timed out

At that time, one task was running a I/O & tempdb intensive
report and another was loading another database.

My questions are:

1. Isn't it true that all tasks have yield points at which
it returns control to the ASE engine to execute other tasks
waiting in the runnable queue? In that case, the above error
would not have occured.

2. Are there any ASE parameters that I need to look at which
could remedy this situation?

Thanks in advance.
ATT
0
ATT

> Hi,
>
> Environment: ASE 15.0.3 ESD#1 on Solaris.
>
> Attempts to log into the ASE failed with the following
> message:
>
> CT-LIBRARY error:
>         ct_connect(): user api layer: internal Client
> Library error: Read from the server has timed out.
> CT-LIBRARY error:
>         ct_connect(): network packet layer: internal net
> library error: Net-lib operation timed out
>
> At that time, one task was running a I/O & tempdb
> intensive report and another was loading another database.
>
> My questions are:
>
> 1. Isn't it true that all tasks have yield points at which
> it returns control to the ASE engine to execute other
> tasks waiting in the runnable queue? In that case, the
> above error would not have occured.
>
> 2. Are there any ASE parameters that I need to look at
> which could remedy this situation?
>
> Thanks in advance.
> ATT

What does the CPU usage at the OS look like? Try truss to
see what stupid calls ASE is busy making... Have seen
similar behaviour when heavy IO activity on a bad storage
device (CPU goes 100%, even logging to the unix box will
take a while - let alone isql)...

'runnable processes search count' comes to mind. Though this
is more for tuning when other processes running on the OS
need resorces (but it does relate to the run queues) - no
gurantee it would help...
0
jobless

Why does a simple select query in MS Access return the error: [Intersolv][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]ct_results(): user api layer: internal client library error: Read from the server has timed
I have applied the information contained in support document 10447954. That did not resolve the problem. I am running a simple query with one criteria and one table Thanks. Hi Bill, The doc refers to a different ODBC driver (for DirectConnect product) so you might have a completely different problem. The message implies you are using ODBC 12.0 (Client Library based) or prior since the message indicates CtLib info. You might want to post more details involved with getting to this error. You also might want to post exact versions of ASE and ODBC driver, including Open ...

Read from server time out
While attempting to open a recordset in my asp page, I get the following error message: 0x80040E31 -2147217871 [SYBASE][OLE DB Sybase provider][SQL Server]ct_results(): user api layer: internal Client Library error: Read from the server has timed out. There are several other recordset in this same page that get executed fine before this one is encountered. I've tried setting the commandTimeout property but it doesn't seem to make a difference. It times out after 30 seconds regardless of the setting. There's a union in sql statement that when commented out will execu...

Read from Server timed out
Hi, I am using VB.NET to connect to Sybase 12.0 using ODBC. The query if it returns more than 15,000 rows gives an message : ct_results():user api layer:Internal client library error:Read from server has timed out I have set the odbccommand.commandtimeout=0 Thanks -- Posted via http://dbforums.com member24684@dbforums.com wrote... > > Hi, > I am using VB.NET to connect to Sybase 12.0 using ODBC. The query if it > returns more than 15,000 rows gives an message : > ct_results():user api layer:Internal client library error:Read from > server has timed...

Display server time (how to use time from server in javascript?)

ASE to Rep Server to Rep Server to ASE Configuration
Hello I am hoping someone can help me. I am relatively new to Rep server and definately new to this configuration. I am trying to set up replication from ASE to Rep server to remote Rep Server to ASE. I am doing this type of configuration because the one ASE server is in North America and one is in England. This was recommended to me by Sybase becuase the transformation/language of Rep Server to Rep Server is quicker over the wan. Anyway. I have a ASE to rep server to ASE configuration and had no problem setting that up. Now I am trying to set up a new replication environme...

Change server from Secondary Time to Primary time server
I am running 4 Netware 6.5 servers and I want to change which one they time sync with. What is the best method to change a primary server to a secondary and a secondary to a primary? It is all done through Monitor right? The primary time server will be removed soon thats why it needs to be changed. Just wondering, Ken@rlmrlm.com -- RLMILLIES ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Simply load monitor - server parameters - time, and make the change in two places on each server. BUT if there are other Secondary servers currently us...

Time Conversion between local time and server time.
Time Conversion between local time and server time. Friends, Need help in trying to convert the datetime parameters entered locally in LONDON to those which reflect to here. The problem we have is DB Server in Newyork & Client application likely to run at both Newyork & London. What is the most feasible way to account the time difference between the parameters used for querying information from the server? We do not have the luxury & time for internationalization of the application and we are looking for a quick fix to account for the time difference. ex:- R...

Time Conversion between local time and server time.
Friends, Need help in trying to convert the datetime parameters entered locally in LONDON to those which reflect to here. The problem we have is DB Server in Newyork & Client application likely to run at both Newyork & London. What is the most feasible way to account the time difference between the parameters used for querying information from the server? We do not have the luxury & time for internationalization of the application and we are looking for a quick fix to account for the time difference. ex:- Records are timestamped on the server...

Err: Read from server has timed out
I am using ADO, I am the only user in the database. When I run an SQL statement I receive an error: user api layer: internal Client Library error: Read from the server has timed out. Can anyone help? ...

increas the read time from server
is any one know how to increas the read time from sybase server? thanks > is any one know how to increas the read time from sybase server? It is difficult to say what to do. You are using ADO with VB, and you do not directly do CT-Lib API call. Stephan On Sun, 3 Feb 2002 17:13:34 -0500, "Stephan Marais" <smarais@mindspring.com> wrote: What driver are you using? I'm pretty certain oledb and odbc have connection properties you can set. J >> is any one know how to increas the read time from sybase server? >It is difficult to say what to d...

ct_connect(): Read from the server has timed out.
This is an intermittent problem. Have added set retry, delay to 5,5 in the interfaces file for the server .. @@version is : Adaptive Server Enterprise/11.5.1.1/P/SGI/IRIX 6.2/SWR 8922 ESD 5/OPT/Wed Mar 1 05:13:16 PST 2000 Any other suggestions are welcome. Thanks, duane Try setting it to 5,10. Yuval duane mahon <duane.mahon@wcom.com> wrote in message news:393E41CE.1E3D8267@wcom.com... > This is an intermittent problem. > > Have added set retry, delay to 5,5 in the interfaces file for the server > . > > @@version is : Adaptive Ser...

Read from the server has timed out (after upgrades)
Hello I've just upgraded our Sybase from 11.9.2.2 to 12.0.0.8. We have an application connect the Sybase server through Sybase ODBC 3.11.00.22. When connect 11.9.2.2 with ODBC 3.11.00.22, it works OK but 12.0.0.8 with ODBC 3.11.00.22,, we always gets Exception trying to open ODBC table, (ct_fetch(): user api layer: internal Client Library error: Read from the server has timed out.). message. Please help. Wing ...

Err: Read from server has timed out
I am using ADO, I am the only user in the database. When I run an SQL statement I receive an error: user api layer: internal Client Library error: Read from the server has timed out. Could anyone help?? You need to look for clues in the server error log. It looks like your session failed or got hung up on the server end. cheers, tonyi Ruehle wrote: > I am using ADO, I am the only user in the database. When I run an SQL > statement I receive an error: > > user api layer: internal Client Library error: Read from the server has > timed out. > &...

Web resources about - Read from the server has timed out - sybase.ase.general

Server farm - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A server farm or server cluster is a collection of computer servers usually maintained by an enterprise to accomplish server needs far beyond ...

Turkey internet servers under sustained cyber attack: internet body
Turkish internet servers have suffered one of the most intense cyberattacks ever seen in the country over the past week, raising fears Ankara ...

Cock.li e-mail server seized by German authorities, admin announces
(credit: Vincent Canfield ) In a new video statement posted on Monday, the administrator of novelty e-mail provider cock.li announced that one ...

Amazon deal: Save $85 on this Sony portable wireless server
Smartphones' memory storage gets filled so quickly these days thanks to photos, videos and more, so get yourself a handy portable wireless server ...

Facebook releases design for its souped-up A.I. server, 'Big Sur'
Facebook is releasing the hardware design for a server it uses to train artificial intelligence (A.I.) software, allowing other companies exploring ...

Applebee’s Server Returns $32,000 In Cash Family Accidentally Left On The Table
... and scored a huge tip from some abnormally generous person, and you figure the money is yours to keep. Or, if you’re like one Applebee’s server ...

Former Intelligence Chief Calls ‘Top Secret’ Info on Hillary’s Server ‘Unreal’
Former Intelligence Chief Calls ‘Top Secret’ Info on Hillary’s Server ‘Unreal’

Facebook, Google server outsourcing strategy change expected to impact profitability for ODMs
Facebook is planning to add Wiwynn, a server subsidiary of Wistron, as a new datacenter server supplier, joining its primary supplier Quanta ...

Hillary Clinton's private server had two 'top secret' emails
Those concerns that Hillary Clinton's private email server had classified intel? They're apparently well-founded. Sources for Fox News and Politico ...

CTERA Unveils Server Data Protection for Enterprise CloudOps
The data protection solution evolves the backup capabilities developed as part of the company’s Enterprise File Services Platform.