Question on ODBC driver versions relating to respective ASE releases

1st posts here, so if in wrong place, please 'redirect me'.

I have written a VB6 app for my customers, using the ASE
driver 4.20.00.67 (as reported within ODBC data sources),
and i appear to be having issues connecting to systems
running ASE 12.0.0.4.

Basically, when my program runs, it fires off queries, 1 at
a time, but each query when run is somehow creating an
"empty messagebox" onscreen which is not being created
directly from my program - consisting of an OK button, an
exclamation mark, no text in the message body or box title,
and the red cross in the top right-hand corner - which
freezes my program until the user clicks on "OK", only for
it to appear on the very next query when launched. The
program is ment to run as a background application, without
user intervention.

I've been googling for ages but cannot find a cure, or
atleast the smoking gun for the cause. Can someone confirm
for me which drivers i should be using for ASE 12.0.0.4
(because the message box doesnt come from my program, and
nothing is reported in my error logs, my gut feeling is that
this is being created from the underlying drivers. i am
further hampered as i do not have a 12.0.0.4 system to test
against - if i could reproduce it, i could fix it or work
arround it, but i cant even do that, and i have no access to
my customer's systems).

also, as a side note, is there anywhere a 'lookup table' of
driver vs release, even drilling down to supported OS (if
necessary for the driver in question) which i could use in
future?

thanks for any responses to this in advance, i'm pulling my
hair out on this one, and i didnt have much to start with :)

Steve
0
Steve

> 1st posts here, so if in wrong place, please 'redirect
> me'.
>
> I have written a VB6 app for my customers, using the ASE
> driver 4.20.00.67 (as reported within ODBC data sources),
> and i appear to be having issues connecting to systems
> running ASE 12.0.0.4.
>
> Basically, when my program runs, it fires off queries, 1
> at a time, but each query when run is somehow creating an
> "empty messagebox" onscreen which is not being created
> directly from my program - consisting of an OK button, an
> exclamation mark, no text in the message body or box title
> , and the red cross in the top right-hand corner - which
> freezes my program until the user clicks on "OK", only for
> it to appear on the very next query when launched. The
> program is ment to run as a background application,
> without user intervention.
>
> I've been googling for ages but cannot find a cure, or
> atleast the smoking gun for the cause. Can someone confirm
> for me which drivers i should be using for ASE 12.0.0.4
> (because the message box doesnt come from my program, and
> nothing is reported in my error logs, my gut feeling is
> that this is being created from the underlying drivers. i
> am further hampered as i do not have a 12.0.0.4 system to
> test against - if i could reproduce it, i could fix it or
> work arround it, but i cant even do that, and i have no
> access to my customer's systems).
>
> also, as a side note, is there anywhere a 'lookup table'
> of driver vs release, even drilling down to supported OS
> (if necessary for the driver in question) which i could
> use in future?
>
> thanks for any responses to this in advance, i'm pulling
> my hair out on this one, and i didnt have much to start
> with :)
>
> Steve

plz ignore/delete thread, found correct forum. oops!
0
Steve

Compatiblity of ODBC Driver versions w/ ASE versions
We are upgrading a production ASE 11.5 server to ASE 11.9.2. We want to be able to upgrade the Sybase System 11 ODBC drivers on all of the client machines to 11.1.1 while we are still using the ASE 11.5 server. Then at the last minute we will upgrade to the ASE 11.9.2 server. I downloaded EBF8513.zip to get the Sybase 11.1.1 ODBC Driver. I copied the driver DLLs into my winnt\system32 directory. Q: Will the 11.1.1 ODBC Driver work with my ASE 11.5 server? Q: Do I need to run the sycsp11.sql script on my ASE 11.5 server in order to use this new version of the ODBC driver? If s...

ODBC ASE driver question
We are using ASE 11.5 as our consolidated database. When I start dbmlsrv9 server in ASA version 9.0.2.3267, I get the following message in the log: W. 01/04 10:41:34. <Main>: Warning: [10051] Unrecognized ODBC driver 'SYSYBNT.DLL'. The functionality and quality of ODBC drivers varies greatly. This driver may lack functionality required for successful synchronizations. Use at your own risk. I am getting synch errors that make no sense to me. I can't say this ominous warning is giving me any comfort. I understand I should be using the ASE ODBC driver with ...

ASE and ASE

ASE to ASE

ASE ODBC Driver 15.x backward compatible with ASE 12.5.x
Can anyone point me to a statement by Sybase that ASE ODBC Driver 15 will work with ASE 12.5.x databases? I'm under the impression that it is backward compatible but I will need to install the 15.x cataloging stored procedures in the 12.5.x servers to allow MS Access / Excel / Query type users to work. -- Thank You Scott Kellish --- Quote of the Minute --- Dilbert's Words of Wisdom: Tell me what you need, and I'll tell you how to get along without it. _________________________________________ Scott Kellish, Owner SoftSystem Solutions, LLC. 18 Ridge Road...

When using MS-ADO to connect to ASE using ASE OLEDB/ODBC driver the record count is -1
Hi VB 6 application connecting to ASE 12.5 (NT) using OLEDB/ODBC drivers. Gets a problem. He retrieve rows from the database - WORKS Fine!!! But as soon as he wants to see how many rows was returned the recordcount returns -1. He gets this problem connecting using ODBC and OLEDB. He gets the recordcount from the recordset object's recordcount property. This is what I found on the MSDN online manuals: RecordCount Property - ADO Indicates the current number of records in a Recordset object. Applies To Recordset Remarks Use the RecordCount property to find out how many r...

ASA To ASE - VS

ASE ODBC driver
Hi there, where can I find ODBC driver for ASE 11.03 (linux) ? On Thu, 06 May 2004 03:17:02 -0700, Paul B wrote: > Hi there, > where can I find ODBC driver for ASE 11.03 (linux) ? On linux there isn't an ODBC driver from Sybase for 11.0.x. You could look at FreeTDS, though (www.freetds.org). Michael -- Michael Peppler Data Migrations, Inc. mpeppler@peppler.org http://www.peppler.org/ Sybase T-SQL/OpenClient/OpenServer/C/Perl developer available for short or long term contract positions - http://www.peppler.or...

ASE ODBC driver
I can use the system 11 driver to connect to my server with no issues. When I try to use the ASE driver, it hangs when I click test connect. Any ideas? Thanks. ...

ODBC Driver for ASE
Can anyone recommend a good (affordable) ODBC driver for Sybase ASE? I'm looking for a commercial or open source product that can be purchased and shipped. I'm aware of the Sybase ODBC drivers that come with the Open Client install but I'm interested in something more feature rich. Thanks, Brad Hi Brad; How about a jdbc driver instead. This one is open source and I am using this with PB & Websphere over to ASE and SS in one omy current projects ... http://jtds.sourceforge.net/ Food for thought? Regards ... Chris President: OSUG / STD Inc. Blog...

ASE ODBC Drivers
Hello, I've heard many people looking for ODBC drivers for Sybase on Win95/NT. It may sound crazy, but somebody told me it shoud work. Since MS SQL server is based entirely on Sybase and they both use the same protocols, has anybody tried using the Microsoft MSQL Server ODBC drivers to connect to a Sybase SQL server? Again, I haven't had the chance to try it myself, but someone told my it should work, and I was browsing the net when I saw somebody posted the same idea in a web page, -don't remember which one- could have been PostgreSQL, MySQL or some related link. ...

ODBC ASE Drivers
This is killing me. How in the world can I get a hold of some ODBC Drivers for ASE 11.9.2??? I have searched sybase.com inside out and have found some tutorials but no download links. Am I missing something? Why would Sybase not offer these for download on its site? How do they expect developers to connect to Sybase databases? In <26C82FE5C5E33BC70074169885256C21.007416A885256C21@webforums> dkrebs wrote: > This is killing me. How in the world can I get a hold of some ODBC > Drivers for ASE 11.9.2??? I have searched sybase.com inside out and > have found some ...

Adding ASE to existing ASE-to-ASE Installation
I am using all ASE's in my SQLRemote setup. My current installation consists of a Consolidated ASE & 2 Remote ASE's. My attempt to add another Remote ASE to the existing installation consists of these steps: - Install the sqlremote system objects in the new Remote - Install the stable queues in the new Remote - Manually extract a bcp file of the shared table from the Cons server - Configure the Cons server for another subscriber - Configure the new Remote's shared table, publications, & subscriptions. - Manually b...

Web resources about - Question on ODBC driver versions relating to respective ASE releases - sybase.ase.general

UPDATE: miss A's Suzy & actor Lee Minho confirmed to be dating by their respective companies
THIS JUST IN: A JYP Entertainment representative has confirmed that miss A's comeback promotions will go ahead as planned despite the breaking ...

Amazon, Barnes & Noble Pushing Updates To Their Respective Tablets That Break Root Access
Amazon started pushing an update to the Kindle Fire yesterday, and two words that no Android geek wants to hear were muttered shortly after: ...

Clinton, Trump speakers at respective party dinners in Arkansas
PALM SPRINGS, Calif. – Arkansas Republicans get a crude if quite rich buffoon with no chance for his party’s bid, let alone the White House. ...

Circumstances of respective nominations portend deeper White House, national security team links
President Obama rounded out his national security team on Monday, nominating former senator Chuck Hagel to head the Department of Defense and ...

Keller @ Large: Moulton, Tisei Attempt To Create Distance From Respective Parties
Seth Moulton and Richard Tisei, candidates for the 6th Congressional District, went toe to toe in a discussion with WBZ-TV's Jon Keller.

Ex-NFL Star, Businessman Form Friendship After Teens Ransack Respective Homes
A former NFL player and a businessman have formed a friendship after teens ransacked their respective homes last year. News, Sports, Weather, ...

Beltway World Series? Nats, O’s First to Clinch Respective Divisions
The Baltimore-Washington corridor is experiencing a golden age of baseball, with both the Nationals and Orioles clinching their respective divisions ...

Clips from Last Night: Layers from Ohio rape case present respective arguments, offer perspective on ...
As the story of an alleged rape involving high school students in Steubenvile, Ohio continues to draw national attention, on Wednesday evening ...

The Four Types of Customer Connection and Respective Engagement Levels
How to connect with customers View more presentations from Valeria Maltoni Marketers are still working their way to understanding the customer ...

Bollig, Leddy ready to move past respective benchings
Brandon Bollig and Nick Leddy are both ready to move on and improve their game after receiving their respective benchings in Game 2 between the ...