Problem with Forceplan

I am trying to use 'set forceplan on' inside a stored procedure.
I only want to set forceplan on if certain conditions are met.
I do this:

If @var = 1 set forceplan on

Forceplan is always being set on even when @var is not 1.
Has anyone seen this?  The procedure is being executed with recompile so it
should not be using old plan.
0
Mike_S

Hi Mike !

How can you verify that "set forceplan on" is used ?? I don't know of any
way to do so. Just because the optimizer actually chooses to join tables in
the from clause in the same order you wrote them down, this doesn't mean
that "set forceplan on" is the reason... ?

Stefan.

<Mike_S> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> I am trying to use 'set forceplan on' inside a stored procedure.
> I only want to set forceplan on if certain conditions are met.
> I do this:
>
> If @var = 1 set forceplan on
>
> Forceplan is always being set on even when @var is not 1.
> Has anyone seen this?  The procedure is being executed with recompile so
it
> should not be using old plan.

0
Stefan

PROBLEMS, PROBLEMS, PROBLEMS.
Name: Product: Firefox Summary: PROBLEMS, PROBLEMS, PROBLEMS. Comments: Does Google's Chrome browser block out Firefox? Am having a lot of trouble getting Firefox to run after I run Chrome. No trouble what-so- ever before running Chrome. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US) AppleWebKit/532.5 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/4.1.249.1064 Safari/532.5 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provide one you must BCC (not CC) the sender for them to see ...

Problems Problems Problems
So, I have OpenSUSE installed on my laptop and everything is working well, except the wireless. It almost seems that every time I run a KDE distro I can not get the internet to work. I've run YaST and used iwconfig. nothing is working for me. Please help -ZAD -- zadnik18 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ someone is going to tell you to supply some more information 'My wireless doesn't work - a primer on what I should do next - openSUSE Forums' (http://tinyurl.com/6peanc) this is one of the stick...

Problems problems and problems.
Name: A.A. Product: Firefox Summary: Problems problems and problems. Comments: I am not specific, but in short I can not use This site to listen music anymore, while I can in IE explorer. Just to let you guys know, new version messed something up. http://hypem.com/ Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:1.9.0.5) Gecko/2008120122 Firefox/3.0.5 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provide one you must BCC (not CC) the sender for them to see it. ...

Problems, problems, problems
Name: Hans Halvorsen Email: capricorn_at_online.no Product: Thunderbird Summary: Problems, problems, problems Comments: Hi, I downloaded Thunderbird some time ago, and I was over-satisfied whit it and how well it worked. In fact it worked 100% PERFECTLY UNTIL I got an newer update version of it. Since then I' ve had nothing BUT trouble! I've checked adresses, notes, password, deleted accounts and made new one's, checked sign-ins and sign-outs, passwords inside and out, upside and down, so many times that my frustration now is about to turn into pure and major ...

Problems, problems, problems
Name: Product: Firefox Summary: Problems, problems, problems Comments: I use FF all the time for work - I'm a software tester - the add-ons are invaluable. But v3.5 really has been a disappointment. It just keeps hanging all the time. And when Internet Explorer windows pop up, FF often just dies. It can't even restart itself - I have to manually kill the process every time; every update, every add-on that updates, "restart" fails - it's so frustrating. I hope v3.6 will be addressing this - PLEASE! Browser Details: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7....

problems,problems
Name: Product: Firefox Summary: problems,problems Comments: I once loved Firefox, lately it just plain sucks, the latest version 3.6 something will no longer me to listen to MLB.com or Glenn Beck. It is also way slower (even with W7 and new machine). It always seems to be downloading updates and wasting my time. Guess I'll see how Google Chrome works! Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:1.9.1.11) Gecko/20100701 Firefox/3.5.11 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729) From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a ...

Problem with my problem?
Hi, folks. Three days ago, I posted that Sunbird was refusing to import the ICS file from the Firefox Calendar Extension. Nobody replied, so I can only assume that one of three situations exists: 1) The file is corrupt, and no one wants to give me the bad news; 2) This is a known problem with Sunbird, but no one knows the solution; 3) Everyone is hard at work 24/7 trying to figure out the solution to my problem (LOL). I've already discovered that I can copy and paste each event from the calendar extension to Sunbird one by one. Before I devote many hours of my life to th...

Problems Problems
Hi all,Well i am trying to use visio files in my application... I have added the libraries which are required for .NET to embed visio files...Bt it seems not to be working whenever i click files frm my .NET application bt it opens in Visio editor...Thanks in advance Regards,Srinivas RamanujanWords offer the means to meaning, and for those who will listen, the enunciation of truth !!!!!  Post Your Code for better understanding Your Problem.- Hardik (Software Developer,Surat,India)Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on this post if it helped you. Well actually i...

Problem after problem...
I'm done doing this. I can't setup .TEXT and the developer has next to nothing on his help page. For the past month I've been trying to set this up on my server and I'm done with it. My server is running Windows Server 2003 Enterprise SP1, IIS 6.0, ASP.NET 2.0 and SQL Server 2000. I've never been able to run a remote query to SQL Server 2000. I've never been used to SQL 2000 and I've never liked it. I would like to use SQL 2005 if my server were capable, but that's not happening. Every query to the box is expecting SQL Server 2005 and just errors out. I don't know ho...

problem? what problem?
I just wanted to say is: Opensuse 11.2 gives many problems in comparison to other linux and possibly other previous opensuse. lol!lol!lol! I like to move it, move it. I like to move it, move it. I like to move it, move it. I like to...MOVE IT! rotfl! -- batou ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Crack is bad for you, you should lay down the habit. -- *it*'s all a game, avoiding failure, when true colors will bleed, all in the name of misbehavior and the things we don't need and more than ever, I hope to neve...

problems, problems
Name: gabriel sanchez Email: deliverezeatyahoodotcom Product: Firefox Summary: problems, problems Comments: how can i set up google search box next to my address bar and keep it that way? When installing an app from a site it just disrupted my set up and mozilla does not offer direct support anywhere Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:1.9.1.3) Gecko/20090824 Firefox/3.5.3 GTB5 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729) From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provide...

Problems with ASE
Hi, I have few problems here: 1) I've started the service for backup server and monitor server, but I can't connect to both servers. 2) I try to start the service for XP server and received Could not start the Sybase XPServer_ALIZA_XP service on Local Computer. Error 1067: The process terminated unexpectedly. 3) I create a database device with the size of 30,000 MB and I want to allocate 20,000 MB for data but can't. It only receive 9,999 MB. Why? Is there any limitations? Thanks. ...

ASE Problem
ASE 11.5 run on NT4.0(Chinese) ,SQL Central need two files:scsslgch.dll and scssch.hlp,I can't find it,Why? SQL Server 11.0.x run on NT4.0(Chinese),SQL Central don't need it. Hi. I got the same problem. Does anyone got an ideal? ttztsq wrote: > ASE 11.5 run on NT4.0(Chinese) ,SQL Central need two files:scsslgch.dll > and scssch.hlp,I can't find it,Why? > SQL Server 11.0.x run on NT4.0(Chinese),SQL Central don't need it. Xu Jian wrote: > > Hi. > > I got the same problem. Does anyone got an ideal? > > ttztsq wrote: >...

forceplan problems
Hi, Has anyone ever seen a situation where "set forceplan on" didn't seem to have any effect? I have one stored procedure on two different machines. On the production machine, the forceplan behaves as advertised. On the development machine, the opimizer seems to ignore my forceplan and comes up with its own join order... Version: Adaptive Server Enterprise/11.5.1.1/P/Sun_svr4/OS 5.5.1/SWR 8512 ESD 1/opt/Fri Jun 11 12:39:57 PDT 1999 Note that it's a ten table join, if that makes any difference. Please respond via e-mail as well as the newsgroup; I don'...

general problems
Hi I have just installed opensuse and I must say a I am very impressed with the kde desktop anyway I am having some issues firstly I have a toshiba sattelite A120 laptop with an ati radeon xpress 200M. my problems are I don't think plasma apps are saving settings properly as the kde display manager reverts to disabled on the resulution every time I log and windows have to be enlarged every time I log in however YAst has the correct res setting (1280x800) but the screen is black until I press alt f2 and configure the display settings through the kde display manager then everyth...

Web resources about - Problem with Forceplan - sybase.ase.general

Defense Aircraft Investments: Major Program Commitments Based on Optimistic Budget Projections (Testimony ...
GAO discussed the Department of Defense's (DOD) aircraft modernizationplans.GAO noted that: (1) as the nation proceeds into the 21st century ...