Porblem to access multiple databases during on connection with open client 12.5

After upgrading open client from 12.0 to 12.5, one VB application is unable
to switch between databases during one connection.

Any ideas?

liy

Does Open Client 12.5.1 work with ASE 12.5.03 database?
Platform: Solaris 8 The open client 12.5.1 should work with ASE 12.5.0.3 database, correct? Thanks ...

PB 7.x with ASE 12.5 Database using Open Client 12.0
Has anyone experience any problems or challenges with their PB Applications upgrading their DB from ASE 12.x to 12.5 using OC 12.0. We are running PB 7.02 several of our DWs have store procedures and imbedded SQL (we do not use BLOB type). Thank you, Eva D. ...

Connecting from Open client to ASE 12.5
Server is SYBASE ASE 12.5 In a web server, Sybase 11 open client is installed (just installed). I am trying to setup a ODBC Connection from this client to the server and i am getting the following error. "Specified driver could not be loaded due to system error 126 (Sybase System 11)." Is it possible to connect this way, anything wrong. Thanks much Yog ...

Using Open client 12.5 to connect to ASE 15
Hi All, I have a requirement to use open client 12.5 to connect to Sybase ASE 15 and just wanted to check whether anyone has encountered any issues while working with above settings? Thanks, Lasanka On Thu, 11 Jun 2009 08:48:31 -0700, Lasanka wrote: > Hi All, > > I have a requirement to use open client 12.5 to connect to > Sybase ASE 15 and just wanted to check whether anyone has > encountered any issues while working with above settings? This should work fine. The only issue is that the 12.5 client won't be able to use the new datatypes (such as BI...

Problem Client 12.5.2 ODBC connecting to multiple databases
ASE Multi-server environment. We connect to the catalog, call a stored procedure (sp_1) there to determine which customer database the requested account resides on, then this proc calls a stored procedure (another sp called sp_1) on the target customer database to retrieve the required data. In the catalog sp_1 after determining which server and database the account resides on we build up a string such as @cmd = server.database..sp_1 'account123' Then call exec (@cmd) Using client 12.0 this works. After upgrading to 12.5.2 we now get an error when calling exe...

Connect to ASA 7 with ASE open client 11.5 or 12
Is it possible to connect to ASA 7 with ASE open client version 11.5 or 12 instead of using odbc ? -Rex- Yes, ASA can communicate via the Open Client architecture. Scott Kruer Senior Consultant Certified ASA Developer Version 8 Sybase - iAnywhere Solutions Professional Services Please only post to the newsgroup "Rex Chivers" <rw<nospam>chivers@tecoenergy.com> wrote in news:eLEFAmLPCHA.77@forums.sybase.com: > Is it possible to connect to ASA 7 with ASE open client version 11.5 > or 12 instead of using odbc ? > > -Rex- > >...

Open Client 15 can't connect to ASE 11.5 database
This sql.ini file works fine on a Mac with the 11.5 Open Client but does not work on a Windows Open Client 15. Can't connect or ping. Can IP ping the server from the PC. Any idea what's wrong? [SYBASE] master=TCP,dbserver,1025 query=TCP,dbserver,1025 This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------050303060501040109050708 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii; format=flowed Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Paul, Try NLWNSCK instead of TCP in below strings. HTH, Eugene Paul Williams wrote: >This sql.ini file works fine on a Mac with the 11.5 ...

Open Client 12.5 with ASE 11.5
Hi, We have an issue where we can't upgrade our database to a later version of ASE due to vendor support, but our XP rollout is forcing us down the 12.5 Open Client route. Does anyone know of any issues running 12.5 Open Client on XP against an 11.5 database on AIX? I'm figuring that Sybase haven't certified this combination! On Wed, 21 Apr 2004 08:02:34 -0700, jdudley wrote: > Hi, > > We have an issue where we can't upgrade our database to a later version of > ASE due to vendor support, but our XP rollout is forcing us down the 12.5 > Open...

Open Client 12.0 vs ASE 12.5
Hi, I have some people still working on Open Client 12.0, but my database server is on 12.5 (aix 5.1): what are the security features in ASE 12.5 that are not supported if the Open Clients are still on 12.0? Thanks! ~Luis Hello, SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) is the only security feature I am aware of in ASE 12.5 that older version of Open Client would not be able to take advantage of. Please review the ASE 12.5 "What's New" guide (Chapter 1 & 2) to see all of the new features available in 12.5: http://manuals.sybase.com/onlinebooks/group-as/asg1250e/wh...

Minimum version of Open Client for PB 10.5 with ASE 12.5?
Anyone know this or where I can find it out? TIA! -- Patrick Maloney New York State Workers' Compensation Board (Remove REMOVE from e-mail address to reply) The minimum would be OC 12. However, OC 15 will work with ASE 12.5 too! "Patrick J. Maloney" <patrick.maloney@wcb.stREMOVEate.ny.us> wrote in message news:Xns9870B3A5E738Apatrickmaloneywcbsta@192.138.151.106... > Anyone know this or where I can find it out? TIA! > > -- > Patrick Maloney > New York State Workers' Compensation Board > > (Remove REMOVE from e-mail addre...

Minimum version of Open Client for PB 10.5/ASE 12.5
We're currently runnin Open Client 12.5 and want to know if that's compatible with PB 10.5/ASE 12.5. tia -- Patrick Maloney New York State Workers' Compensation Board (Remove REMOVE from e-mail address to reply) Pat; Absolutely! Just remember after you have installed the OC for 12.5 on to your PB IDE environment, to just create a "Connection Profile" and in the "General Tab", set the release parameter to 12.5! Then test this in the "Preview" pane and note the entry in the DBParm field, which you will also have to add to...

ASE 12.5 Open Client
Hi all, I have a powerbuilder program which is using open client 11.1.1 to access the ASE 12.5 database. I'd like to update the program to use open client 12.5. There is hundred of users. How can I just copy the OCS 12.5 DLLs remotely to my users' machine without running through the OCS install program? Thanks. Hi, Typically the easiest method is to install the software on a lookalike machine into a new directory. Copy the new directory to production and update the environment variables. Thanks, Ryan > Hi all, > > I have a powerbuilder program wh...

Multiple Connections in ASE 12.5
Hi all, I have a VB application that goes against a Sybase ASE 12.5 DB. Thru out the system, I do transactions in ADO. However, when I want to do multiple transactions per connection, i get a sybase error saying that its not allowed. So I have to keep creating new ADODB.connection objects and its a waste of time and resource. Is there a setting that will let me have one connectiion thru out the system and carry out several transactions? thanks -gerard lerm2000@hotmail.com wrote... > Hi all, > I have a VB application that goes against a Sybase ASE 12.5 DB. Thr...

Web resources about - Porblem to access multiple databases during on connection with open client 12.5 - sybase.ase.general

Police tear open roof to arrest man in connection with stabbing murder
Police have torn open the roof of a Gold Coast home to arrest a man in connection with the stabbing death of 16-year-old Michael Brack.

Paris attacks: Belgium connection probed as terrorist past of Brussels district of Molenbeek under spotlight ...
Prosecutors reveal a growing Belgian connection to the deadly Paris attacks, focusing on a poor Brussels district.

Cross-cultural Connections and Exchange: international study is more important than ever
... And, as a minority of ill-intentioned individuals and groups do their best to create divides, we need citizens equipped to create connections ...

Brussels Connection Under Spotlight After Paris Killings
(EurActiv) — Prosecutors on Sunday disclosed a growing Belgian connection to the Paris attacks as Premier Charles Michel conceded that a Brussels ...