PB 8 with PB 6.5

Can you deploy Powerbuilder 8 and Powerbuilder 6.5 apps on the same
system?
Are there any issues with shared DLLs.  From what I was told the DLLs
are named different, but has anyone actually tried this?

0
SSCUSER

Please post powerbuilder questions to the powersoft.public.powerbuilder.*
newsgroups rather
than to the ASE newsgroups.

-bret

SSCUSER wrote:

> Can you deploy Powerbuilder 8 and Powerbuilder 6.5 apps on the same
> system?
> Are there any issues with shared DLLs.  From what I was told the DLLs
> are named different, but has anyone actually tried this?

0
Bret
7/24/2001 9:30:27 PM
sscuser@ssc.nasa.gov wrote...
> Can you deploy Powerbuilder 8 and Powerbuilder 6.5 apps on the same
> system?
> Are there any issues with shared DLLs.  From what I was told the DLLs
> are named different, but has anyone actually tried this?

Yes, this works.  I have PB 5, 6.5 and 7 installed on my laptop without any problems.
--
Jim Egan [TeamSybase]
Senior Consultant

Sybase TechWave 2001 http://www.sybase.com/events/techwave2001
August 12th - 16th, San Diego
0
Jim

PB 6 and PB 6.5 Upgrade to PB 8.0 in OS W2K Professional
PB 6 and PB 6.5 crash in OS W2K Professional: I notice that I need to upgrade to 6.5.1 as well as EBF 1299. However, I am only able to get 6.5.1. Where can I get the optionally patch EBF 1299? Is there any document to indicate any known problem in OS W2K for 6.0 and 6.5? PB 6 and PB 6.5 Upgrade to PB 8.0: Can be upgrade from 6.0 and/or 6.5 directly to 8.0? Is 8.0 support WIN XP? Regards. Set your timeframe to 'ALL' on http://downloads.sybase.com. While that is the most current build, it was released at least over 6 months ago (the default timeframe of this site)...

Oracle Client 8.1.7
Hi all, I have a question about compatibility between PB native driver and oracle sql*net for different versions of Power Builder. We have 3 applications developed in 3 different versions of Power Builder: 5.00.0.0, 6.5.1.620 and 7.0.10047 All of them are using the Oracle Client 8.1.6 and accessing via PB Native Driver to Oracle. Although this is combination is not supported, the person in charge of the PB part tested this combination and decided to upgrade the oracle client from version 7.3.X to 8.1.6. So far it is working properly for us. Now, if it is decided to move to ora...

pb 6.5, pb 7.0, pb 8.0 and future releases
I have designed an app using PB 6.5.1 and feel quite confortable to write another app using this version of Power Buulder. I am aware that there have been many other releases after this but have heard many developers complain about not being stable and so forth. I can't say how true this is cause I never bothered to update to later releases. I recently got a contract for a new app and quite likely will be using Power Biulder but I am wondering if am cheating myself by not trying to upgrade myself to a later release of Power Biulder. Thanks. Charlie. Charlie You...

PB 5.0 to PB 6.5, 7.x, 8.0??
I have a client who needs to move from an initial PB 5.0 release (no patches applied) to a newer version of PB. This is a small internal application but they would like to open it up via the internet in the future. They are currently running on a SQL Anywhere DB but would be looking to change that also. I don't have any hands on experience with PB 7.x but from what I heard and read it hasn't been that great. I've been using PB 6.5 since build 444 and was thinking of recommending that they make the move to 6.5 first and then wait for PB 8.0 later this year. Any thoug...

PB 6.5 to PB 8.x
I'm in the process of converting a pb 6.5 pfc application to pb 8.01. Is there a document that details the process. Also, is there a cheat sheet for the new interface in 8.x. It's very different from earlier versions or maybe a book. Thanks, Michael It's really pretty straightforward... 1. Backup your existing PBLs (just in case) 2. Create a folder on your local machine (PBLs shouldn't go on the LAN anymore). That will be known as the Local Root Folder, and will be the parent folder of all the objects in your new workspace. 3. Create folder (or folders) und...

pb 6.5 to pb 7 or 8
Is there anyone who have migrate from PB 6.5 to a recent release as V7 or V8 ? We would like to know if some problems can occur and whichones. In the same time, migrate from asa6.03 to 7 We are in the process of converting from 6.5 to 7.0.3 (10079)... the major issues that we found (once we got past build 10059) were mainly timing and Treeview related... Some timing changes caused some endless loops in the initialization of most of our treeview objects... The reason for the move past 10059 was a fairly major issue with PB loosing track of which events had extend/overri...

Informix + PB 6.5: which I-Net for PB 6.5?
Hi, I want to migrate our PB4/ PB 5.01 16 bit Informix applications to 32bit. Which version of CLI/I-Connect and which PB 6.5 build do you recomend me? We are using 7.13 and 7.30 OnLine. TIA Pepa PS. I need ISO 8859.2 <-> ISO latin 2 (1250) conversion. We use the latest INFORMIX-Connect v 7.2 drivers for our PB 6.5 apps. These drivers are available for free download (actually INFORMIX-Client SDK, of which INFORMIX-Connect is the runtime component) from the Informix website ...

What to upgrade my PB 6.5 to PB 6.5.1 ?
What to upgrade my PB 6.5 to PB 6.5.1 ? What file I can download and Where is this file ? thanks http://sdn.sybase.com/sdn/appdev/get_doc.stm?loc=1001286 On Thu, 5 Aug 1999 23:03:18 +0800, in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.database Netvigator <kevinlcw@ctimail.com> wrote: >What to upgrade my PB 6.5 to PB 6.5.1 ? What file I can download and Where >is this file ? > >thanks > > --- Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase] | Romac/Source International mailto:Bruce.Armstrong@teamsybase.com | mailto:jobs@sourcela.com ...

What to upgrade my PB 6.5 to PB 6.5.1 ?
What to upgrade my PB 6.5 to PB 6.5.1 ? Where I can donwload the upgrade pack ? thanks Go to http://support.sybase.com select Software Distribution, log on, select Powerbuilder and then pick PB 6.5.1 maintenance patch. Harpreet Netvigator wrote in message ... >What to upgrade my PB 6.5 to PB 6.5.1 ? Where I can donwload the upgrade >pack ? > >thanks > > Go to Sybase Developers Network (http://www.sybase.com/sdn) and look for the patches link. Good luck, Terry [TeamSybase] and Sequel the techno-kitten On Thu, 5 Aug 1999 23:02:22 +0800, &quo...

Can the PB 6.5 or 6.5.1 maintenance release be ran on PB 6.0
Yes. ...

PB 7.0 or PB 6.5 or PB 6.0 or PB5.04

PB 8 and PB 6.5, 7.0
Can you deploy Powerbuilder 8 and Powerbuilder 6.5 / 7.0 apps on the same system? Are there any issues with shared DLLs. From what I was told the DLLs are named different, but has anyone actually tried this? I have PBL Peeper 5, 6, 7 and 8 on my system. I often run multiple versions simultaneously. No problems. Good luck, Terry [TeamSybase] and Sequel the techno-kitten On Wed, 25 Jul 2001 09:06:51 -0500, in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.general Charles <nospam@ssc.nasa.gov> wrote: >Can you deploy Powerbuilder 8 and Powerbuilder 6.5 / 7.0 apps on the >sa...

OCX and PB 8 (vs PB 6.5)
We have developped an application with PB 6.5 which included some OCX (DynaZip, Imaging and another dedicated to secure payment with visa card). It worked fine under PB 6.5 whatever the OS we were using (95, 98, Me, NT). We've migrated under PB 8.5 and now we get errors trying to access external functions of OCX. With the dynazip OCX, the behaviour is nearly correct but arguments seem to always be passed by value (and no more by reference). With the OCX dedicated to secure payment, we get error accessing external function. With the Imaging OCX, we get error accessing external func...

PB 6.5 & PB 8, coexist?
Hi! I�m again, I forgot ask: Can I have installead at same time PB6.5 and PB 8 in my PC? In past, I experimented some problems with PB3.x and PB5.x installed in my PC at same time, malfunctions in PB3 . TIA. Hi Erick, I know that there is not any problem to get PB6.5, PB7, PB 8 installed in the same box, I have PB 5, PB6.5, PB 7 in the same machine with not problems. HTH Osvaldo. Erick Morales <emorales@sia.com.mx> wrote in message news:e2c87XLLBHA.201@forums.sybase.com... > Hi! > > I�m again, I forgot ask: > > Can I have installead at ...

Web resources about - PB 8 with PB 6.5 - sybase.ase.general

Timothy Johnson: When Mass Shootings Happen, The NRA And Conservative Media Blame The Victim
Conservative media and the National Rifle Association's increasing insistence that victims of mass shootings should have been armed is beginning ...

How the Zuckerbergs Can Give Away Their Facebook Fortune and Still Control Company
Financial Times How the Zuckerbergs Can Give Away Their Facebook Fortune and Still Control Company ABC News Mark Zuckerberg and his wife Dr. ...

Dams Can Protect Us From Climate Change
Originally published on the ECOreport Bavaria’s Sylvensteinspeicher (Sylvenstein Dam) has two power plants with a combined electrical capacity ...

Six Minutes Of ‘Star Wars: The Force Awakens’ Has Been Released So Far, Watch It in Chronological Order ...
When J.J. Abrams confirmed that the third Star Wars: The Force Awakens trailer would be the last, plenty of fans applauded his restraint. At ...

Thousands take to London streets to protest Syria airstrikes
Thousands took to London's streets last night to protest Syrian airstrikes on the eve of the parliamentary vote. See also: UK parliament in ...

The EFF claims that Google spies on school kids
The Electronic Frontier Foundation has filed a complaint alleging that Google is being a bit creepy when it comes to school kids' personal information. ...

Uncanny Valley is a super stylish short film about how VR will destroy us
It's a sad fact that despite the huge wave of virtual reality hype we're currently in, our generation doesn't have its Strange Days or Lawnmower ...

40 more banks join Apple Pay in latest US expansion
Apple is continuing to sign more banks and credit unions up every few weeks to support Apple Pay , and the latest expansion in the United States ...

Sources: Yahoo board to discuss Alibaba spinoff and selling off some units, said to back Marissa Mayer ...
Kara Swisher / Re/code : Sources: Yahoo board to discuss Alibaba spinoff and selling off some units, said to back Marissa Mayer — Despite Wall ...

Lawmakers seek details on VTech's data collection from toys
U.S. lawmakers on Wednesday asked VTech Holdings Ltd for details about the data it collects on children who use its digital toys, as well as ...