partition

if using vanilla round robin partition table (not paying
extra to sybase), does it have adverse affect on
concurrency?

How can one simulate concurrency without using expensive
tools - say a real world scenerio for a trading system with
users executing trades...
0
jobless

ASE partition
created a table with 6 partitions - roundrobin ( all on different seg's ) Table was using the compute column ( part of create table cmd ) - Unable to bcp the data using bcp Create similar table with 6 partitions - roundrobin but without computed column - Can bcp the data but it just sits in one partions whats the use of roundrobin then ? anyway to make bcp recongnize this! say create index or some flag in bcp Bcp Version: Sybase CTBCP Utility/15.0/P/PC Intel/BUILD1500-050/OPT/Tue Jul 12 15:32:18 2005 I'm afraid I don't understand the description of your problem. ...

What generals generally do

ASE and ASE
Could it be possible to take scripts from ASA and load them in an ASE Any information is welcome jean-fran´┐Żois ASA supports a fairly large sub-set of Transact-SQL, so if you write your stored procedures and triggers in ASA using T-SQL, you should be able to create scripts that will run against both ASE and ASA. If you're planning to do this though, I would suggest developing your database schema against ASA, since everything you write in T-SQL in ASA will be supported on ASE, but the reverse is not true. Check out the section in the ASA documentation entitled "Tra...

ASE to ASE

ASA To ASE - VS

ASE 15 partitions
I was wondering if there would be a huge performance degredation if I partioned a table by range and the partition was way out of balance. What I'm doing is setting up partitions based on a plant number. Our main plant will be going on-line in a few months where as our other plants will be added to the database maybe 12-18 months from now. So I'm kind of planning ahead by creating partitions for data that will be there in the future. Dave ...

ASE 15 partitioning
We are experimenting with the new partitioning in ASE 15. We are running on AIX Unix O/S. This is a 3 part question. 1st when I did the upgrade from 12.5.3 to ASE 15.0.1 it looks like the partitioned tables did not come into 15 partitioned. Is this suppose to happen I thought the partitions should default to round robin partitioning in 15. 2nd we also have Rep server 15 running in warm standby and when a reorg rebuild was done on a non partitioned table the reorg did an alter table partitioning the table and then unpartitioned it. The partition went across rep server but the unpartit...

Adding ASE to existing ASE-to-ASE Installation
I am using all ASE's in my SQLRemote setup. My current installation consists of a Consolidated ASE & 2 Remote ASE's. My attempt to add another Remote ASE to the existing installation consists of these steps: - Install the sqlremote system objects in the new Remote - Install the stable queues in the new Remote - Manually extract a bcp file of the shared table from the Cons server - Configure the Cons server for another subscriber - Configure the new Remote's shared table, publications, & subscriptions. - Manually b...

ASE - replication
Hi, Has anyone used replication between ASE and ASA where a set of rows are to be replicated? In ASA a where clause can be placed on the subscribe by statement. However, in ASE, the only expression allowed in the where clause is NOT NULL. Is there any why to partition the rows without adding an identifying column to every table? I'd like to perform a join instead. Thanks for any help Karen ...

ASE Row partitioning in replication
Hi, Has anyone used replication between ASE and ASA where a set of rows are to be replicated? In ASA a where clause can be placed on the subscribe by statement. However, in ASE, the only expression allowed in the where clause is NOT NULL. Is there any why to partition the rows without adding an identifying column to every table? I'd like to perform a join instead. Thanks for any help Karen ...

Possible to partition a USB key and 1 partition be a TrueCrypt partition?
I would like to partition a USB key and have 1 partition be a fully encrypted TC partition and the other one to have a auto-run file that prompts me for a TC password. Is this possible? -Zak- ZakM wrote: > > I would like to partition a USB key and have 1 partition be a fully > encrypted TC partition and the other one to have a auto-run file that > prompts me for a TC password. > > Is this possible? Read the TrueCrypt manual and look up Traveller Mode. http://www.truecrypt.org/docs/?s=truecrypt-portable Bye! ZakM says... > I would like to ...

Trying to add partition with XP partition mgr = no bootable partitions
Hi everyone, first post. I have little experience with Linux, took a course, read bulletproof linux. That was several years ago. My friend convinced me to set up opensuse kde with him, so I did. Set it up a few days ago on my semi-new Hitachi 1TB drive. XP was installed first, cloned from the previous (failing) drive, and took me forever to get it working. It was set up as: Hitachi HD: 1st part: XP (250gb) 2nd Part: opensuse system 3rd Part: opensuse swap 4th Part: opensuse data (2/3 may be swapped) I still had 600GB unpartitioned and went to add a new 250GB partition via ...

ASE 15, AIX and raw partitions
I have a question about raw partions, dsync, directio and caching on ASE 15.0.3. I am running on AIX 5.1. After creating the database device with Sybase Central, I looked at the attributes of the device. The device was created on a raw partition, but the write option on the device said "Cached IO (Data Sync off)". When I use ISQL and do an sp_helpdevice, it shows a raw partition with dsync and directio off, no mention of caching (which I thought was the whole point of raw partitions). I am able to change this option to dsync on or directio on for this device thru Sybase Cen...

Issues w/ partitioning in ASE 15
Hi, I'm wondering if there exists anyone out here who may have some documentation or expertise in regards to partitioning with ASE 15. I'm not a DBA, but I'm a PM whose in charge of migrating an environment from 12.5 to 15 (over 600 total db's). One of the db's in our environment is > 1TB, they are my only client who desires partitioning as a potential solution. My DBA's have setup a partitioned environment for this client, and they set out on a series of tests in evaluation of the partitioned solution. The evaluation is incomplete as a series of queries a...

Web resources about - partition - sybase.ase.general

Partition and secession in California - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
After the California Constitutional Convention of 1849 applied for statehood in the current boundaries, the South reluctantly acceded to a single, ...

[Ermahgerd] Verizon Apps Spotted On The Nexus 6's System Partition After The Android 5.1 Update, Rustled ...
The Internet is in the midst of having a mini hemorrhage over something that, basically, doesn't matter. Shocking, right? It appears that a few ...

MiniTool Partition Wizard Free 9 simplifies OS migration, adds Storage Spaces support
MiniTool has unveiled a major new update to its partition management software for Windows with the release of MiniTool Partition Wizard Free ...

How to partition your drive before installing Windows 10
Want to test Windows 10 on your PC? Create a hard drive partition for a worry-free install.

Paragon Software Releases Partition Manager 15
Partition Manager 15 software comes with file system converters to adapt the most common file systems including NTFS, HFS+, and FAT.

Kim Kardashian Slams Beyonce After Wedding Feud: 'KUWTK' Season 9 Instagram Star Blames 'Partition' Singer ...
It looks like Kim Kardashian is done trying to make Beyonce her new best friend. After putting in a tremendous amount of effort to get on good ...

Iraq: The 'idea of a soft partition came from the US'
Is Iraq headed towards a partition? The rise of the Islamic State group has highlighted the weakness of the central power.Myriam Benraad is a ...

How to partition your Mac to test OS X El Capitan
OS X El Capitan may be in Public Beta now, but that doesn't mean it's 100 percent stable. Here's how to put it somewhere it can't cause problems. ...

Watch: The untold story of the Partition of India
http://www.zeenews.com Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ZeeNews Twitter: https://twitter.com/ZeeNews Google Plus: https://plus.google.com/+Zeenews ...