New ASE Newsgroup for High Availability Option

A new newsgroup has been established on the Sybase news server for the discussion of the
ASE High Availability option.  The name of the newsgroup is
sybase.public.ase.high_availability.
--
Jim Egan [TeamSybase]
Senior Consultant

ASE to ASE

ASE and ASE

ASA To ASE - VS

Adding ASE to existing ASE-to-ASE Installation
I am using all ASE's in my SQLRemote setup. My current installation consists of a Consolidated ASE & 2 Remote ASE's. My attempt to add another Remote ASE to the existing installation consists of these steps: - Install the sqlremote system objects in the new Remote - Install the stable queues in the new Remote - Manually extract a bcp file of the shared table from the Cons server - Configure the Cons server for another subscriber - Configure the new Remote's shared table, publications, & subscriptions. - Manually b...

ASE 12.0 and ASE 12.5 optional features
Dear all, Can anyone knows what are the optional features of ASE 12.0 and ASE 12.5?? Thanks ~Riverwind ASE 12.0 : * DTM (distribute transaction management) * HA (High availability) * JAVA (Java support in the database) * Security services. ASE 12.5 * EJB support in the database. * XFS (extended file system support) * Directory services * Extended full text search * Java option now includes xml support in ASE. HTH -girish Thanks... ~Riverwind <girish@sybase.com> wrote in message news:43D8F27AA65DE95800085C1785256C0C.00123C3785256C0A@webforums... ...

ASE 12.0 High Availability
Hi All, I have a license - related question: I have 2 Compaq Tru64 4.0D and I am currently running a H/A environment that was created under SQL Server 11.0.3 and later upgraded to 12.0 Now we will transfer those servers to new hardware of same vendor using Tru64 4.0F. Do I need to seperately license the H/A option or is this included in the ASE software ? I understand if that was the case, this would mean unbundling former features in new versions. Thanks for info. Regards Reinhold. Hi Reinhold. The ASE 12.0 H/A failover option is seperately licensed. If you were ru...

Welcome to the New and Improved ASE newsgroups
Welcome to the Sybase ASE newsgroups! We hope that you find the forum a useful place to exchange information concerning the use of Sybase ASE that will enable you to use it to greater potential. To ensure that we all receive the greatest benefit from the forum, we have a few guidelines concerning its use: Forum Purpose -------------------- This forum was established by Sybase as a means of providing a vehicle for its customers and prospects to openly and freely exchange information and ideas. It is neither an alternative to, nor a replacement for a Customer Support Contract. ...

New to ASE
I'm new to ASE, Can anyone recommend any reading materials other than what I find in the excellent manuals published online? Joseph Henry wrote: > I'm new to ASE, > Can anyone recommend any reading materials other than what I find in the > excellent manuals published online? See http://www.sypron.nl/sybbooks.html Niksa Jurinovic niksa@jurinovic.de "Niksa Jurinovic" <niksa@jurinovic.de> wrote in message news:47792dea@forums-1-dub... > Joseph Henry wrote: > >> I'm new to ASE, >> Can anyone recommend any r...

Solaris ASE to Linux ASE
We are looking into using Replication Server to Set up Warm Standby of Production ASE databases - Primary site being on Solaris platform - Standby Copy on Linux. Does any utilize this configuration ? What is the best way to initialize data on the Standby Server ? What other issues should I be concerned with ? Hi, Technically you can setup Warm Standby across platforms. It may work well too with Replication Server. However, you cannot dump and load the databases (cross platform dump and load not supported), hence there will be issues when you need to resync your databases. Eac...

sql remote ase to ase
can I use sql remote ro replicate data form ase to ase or only from asa to ase and asa to asa ? I would also recommend that you read over the following tech doc; Implementing ASE to ASE Server SQL Remote Replication http://my.sybase.com/detail?id=1009730 Ian Bater iAnywhere Solutions Reg Domaratzki wrote: > Just be aware of the limitations pointed out in the documentation when using ASE as a remote database. > > Replication and Synchronization Guide > PART 4. Appendixes > APPENDIX A. Enterprise and Anywhere: Differences > > Limitations ...

SQL Remote ASE
hi did anybody know when SQL Remote support blob (image, text) replicacion for ASE - ASE? our company need this feature. joan caceres electro sur este s.a.a. Hello Joan, Support for image and text replication with SQL Remote went in as of ASA 6 mainline, 6.0.01.1256, and SA maintenance 5.5.04 build 1938. Regards, Bob Bauer Sybase Technical Support jmcd wrote: > hi > > did anybody know when SQL Remote support blob (image, text) replicacion for > ASE - ASE? > > our company need this feature. > > joan caceres > electro sur este ...

sql-remote between ASE and ASE
hello! sql-remote document don't give us help with replication with ASE and ASE. i need detail how to do it. i use ASE12 + NT4.0 + SQL Remote6.0.2 . i test it in the list 1�� define messagetype : smtp 2�� define use_name :one is publisher,the other is remote user_name 3�� define publisher,publication,subscription 4��execute ssremote.exe to receive or send message I failed at the step of extract database .i don't extract the database . please help me ,tell me the datail of sql-remote confige. Thanks a lot , ...

Replication between ASE and ASE URGENT
HI everybody Can you help me please with the following question. We need to syncronize ASE to ASE ( bidirectional) Initially, it was planned to implement with SQL remote, but it isn't available. With replication server, it isn't a solution beacuse, the customer doesn=B4t have a comunntication channel all time. We think use Mobiliink Server to replictase ASE to ASE, but using an ASA in the middle, so that, first it replicate ASE to ASA, and later, ASA to ASE, is it this feasible ??? Thanks four your answer "Marco" <mbarrion@uniplex.com.ec> wr...

Web resources about - New ASE Newsgroup for High Availability Option - sybase.ase.general

Star Wars Bits: Lucasfilm Holiday Card, Mark Hamill’s Autographs, Star Wars Land at the Rose Parade
We and the rest of the internet are all about The Force Awakens right now, but that doesn’t mean we’re just ignoring the rest of the Star Wars ...

UK husband and wife imprisoned for planning London bombing
LONDON (AP) — A husband and wife convicted for conspiring to bomb civilian targets in London have been given hefty prison sentences.

Chicago mayor to announce changes to police policy after shootings
By Mary Wisniewski CHICAGO (Reuters) - Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel, under pressure following a series of fatal police shootings, is expected on ...

Rare winter flooding in U.S. could rival the worst floods we've ever seen
Rare winter flooding has left parts of the Midwest submerged as the bulging rivers and streams pushed to virtually unheard-of heights on Tuesday, ...

Apple fined $347 million for Italian tax... irregularities
Apple's Italian subsidiary has reportedly been slapped with a &euro;318 million ($347 million) bill for failing to pay tax in the country. According ...

Spotify sued over mechanical rights that cover songwriters' royalties for reproduction of a musical work ...
Ben Sisario / New York Times : Spotify sued over mechanical rights that cover songwriters' royalties for reproduction of a musical work — David ...

Experienced GOP presidential candidates the first to quit
MSNBC Experienced GOP presidential candidates the first to quit MSNBC Former New York Gov. George Pataki announced he is ending his 2016 presidential ...

More than 100 Tamir Rice protesters march through downtown Cleveland during ...
cleveland.com More than 100 Tamir Rice protesters march through downtown Cleveland during ... cleveland.com Demonstrators block the intersection ...

Teens Killed While Trying To Take A Selfie With A Plane
We’re not sure what’s with the current obsession with taking selfies, but more often than not we come across stories where selfies have grave ...

Iranian Navy Fired ‘Several Unguided Rockets’ Dangerously Close To A U.S. Aircraft Carrier
A Pentagon official confirmed reports that an Iranian rocket was fired at a range close to a U.S. warship while it was in the Persian Gulf, reported ...