locking - new features

There use to be a newsgroup for future product and
features(something like this), i dont see it anymore:

I would like ASE to implement 'column' level locking so
multiple user can update same row different columns at the
same time.

We learnt the argument row level locking needs more work and
is expensive, didnt really hold much ground after sybase
implemented row level locking.
0
jobless

<jobless> wrote in message news:4d0137a3.31f1.1681692777@sybase.com...
> There use to be a newsgroup for future product and
> features(something like this), i dont see it anymore:
>
> I would like ASE to implement 'column' level locking so
> multiple user can update same row different columns at the
> same time.
>
> We learnt the argument row level locking needs more work and
> is expensive, didnt really hold much ground after sybase
> implemented row level locking.

sybase.public.ase.product_futures_discussion

0
Carl
12/10/2010 12:07:23 PM
> <jobless> wrote in message
> > news:4d0137a3.31f1.1681692777@sybase.com... There use to
> > be a newsgroup for future product and features(something
> like this), i dont see it anymore: >
> > I would like ASE to implement 'column' level locking so
> > multiple user can update same row different columns at
> > the same time.
> >
> > We learnt the argument row level locking needs more work
> > and is expensive, didnt really hold much ground after
> > sybase implemented row level locking.
>

> sybase.public.ase.product_futures_discussion

why it doesnt show up under the newsgroup page? it list 10
newsgroup and 'product_futures_discussion' is not one of
them...
0
jobless
12/10/2010 3:30:28 PM
On 10-Dec-2010 16:30, jobless wrote:
>> <jobless>  wrote in message
>>> news:4d0137a3.31f1.1681692777@sybase.com... There use to
>>> be a newsgroup for future product and features(something
>> like this), i dont see it anymore:>
>>> I would like ASE to implement 'column' level locking so
>>> multiple user can update same row different columns at
>>> the same time.
>>>
>>> We learnt the argument row level locking needs more work
>>> and is expensive, didnt really hold much ground after
>>> sybase implemented row level locking.
>>
>> sybase.public.ase.product_futures_discussion
>>

> why it doesnt show up under the newsgroup page? it list 10
> newsgroup and 'product_futures_discussion' is not one of
> them...

This is probably why::

On 27-Jul-2010 16:24, Jonathan Baker [Sybase] wrote:
> Everyone,
>
> On on August 1, 2010, this newsgroup (along with a number of other ASE
> newsgroups) will be set to read-only and archived.  The group names will
> remain the same for reference, but no new posts will be allowed to this
> group.  This is part of an ongoing effort by Sybase to keep our
> newsgroups fresh and make sure all questions are answered.
>
> Please submit all question on this topic to the group
> sybase.public.ase.general.
>

> The other groups are:
>
> sybase.public.ase.high_availability
> sybase.public.ase.nt
> sybase.public.ase.product_futures_discussion
> sybase.public.ase.replicator
> sybase.public.ase.spanish.general
> sybase.public.chinese.ase.general
> sybase.public.connectivity.oledb