Dell/EMC Storage Systems

Any experience out there with ASE 11.x/12.x running on Dell/EMC storage
systems such as cx600,cx400 or cx200?
0
Ken_Dulin

Lun alignment for netware on EMC Clariion storage systems?
Hi, The "best practices for fibre channel storage guide" of EMC talks about aligning the lun to the physical disk because of the 63 byte MBR that is written on the beginning of each disk. It explains how to align the lun using diskpar.exe for windows and fdisk for linux. Is there a way to check/Align the netware/NSS partition also tho the 64k boundaries ? Or does netware not by default write an MBR anyway ? Kind regards, Hen On Wed, 23 May 2007 12:32:25 -0700, Hen Savelkoul <Hen.Savelkoul@licom.nl> wrote: > Or does netware not by default write an MBR ...

ASE to ASE

What generals generally do

ASE and ASE

ASE on Oracle Cluster File System or Redhat Global File System
I would like to know whether ASE running on Oracle Cluster File System(OCFS) or Redhat Global File System. (GFS) Does anybody know about this ? (Web site, documentation, and useful resources.) GFS http://www.redhat.com/software/rha/gfs/ OCFS http://oss.oracle.com/projects/ocfs/ Thank you for your advice -- hiro. I've tried ASE-15 on OCFS2 and it's run without any problem (RHEL4.4). I haven't tried it on RH-GFS. Niksa Jurinovic niksa@jurinovic.de Hiroyuki Sato wrote: > > I would like to know whether ASE running on Oracle > Cluster...

Open client (ODBC-Driver System 10/System 11/ASE)
Hi, its me again. Just to refresh the scenario 1. I dont have any version of sybase database 2. I have an access database that needs to use open client to connect to a database in the corporate network. 3. As far as i know, the ODBC comes with sybase, and i have not found it on the internet for FREE. Now my questions are: 1. All i need to connect to the sybase database from my access database is open client??? 2. Do i need a license for the open client software??? 3. Do i need to buy the SDK to get the open client??? Many thanks, ...

any issues to restore dump file of ASE 12.0 (32bit) to a ASE 12.0 (64bit) system ?
Hi, Does anyone know whether there is an issue that we restore the dump file (not master and system db) of ASE 12.0 (32bit) to a ASE 12.0 (64bit) system ? Assume that both system DBs are the same. Cheers paul > Hi, > > Does anyone know whether there is an issue that we restore > the dump file (not master and system db) of ASE 12.0 > (32bit) to a ASE 12.0 (64bit) system ? Assume that both > system DBs are the same. > > Cheers > paul If you have a recent ebf of ASE 12.0 (say 12.0.0.4 or later) than no problem. Earlier ebfs had a few problems....

ASA To ASE - VS

Mass E-Mail System.Net.Mail.SmtpFailedRecipientException: Insufficient system storage. The server response was: Too many recipients"
hi ,             i am develop a email project in asp.net with vb.net i have client email id in a table having more than 1000 email ids in my project i fetch all the mail id and using for loop i send email to all the eamil id but only 150  email was sent and i got one error "System.Net.Mail.SmtpFailedRecipientException: Insufficient system storage. The server response was: Too many recipients" any body help to solve this bug please.......... Please post your code and we'll see what we can find.&...

Dell/EMC AX150?
Anyone here using this device with NW6.5/OES? We are looking to set up a small 3 node cluster and it looks like a cost effective device for the task. With only 3 nodes we don't need a fibre switch since a dual processor AX150 has 4 fibre ports built in. We considered iSCSI but NW/OES is only supported on the fibre version of the AX150. We may look at other vendor's iSCSI solutions but are leaning to fibre since we have 2 other fibre SANs with zero problems. Thanks, -Chuck I think the AX150 has two FC ports on each storage processor. So, if you want to suppor...

ASE Storage choices
1) We can implement ASE devices with either hardware RAID 1+0 (2 Gbit controllers with multipathing i.e., reliable) or with the Veritas volume manager RAID 1+0 (in software). Which one would you recommend? 2) If we implement the hardware RAID 1+0 solution, we have the option of using the Solaris UFS filesystem with Solaris native async I/O, or we can use the Veritas filesystem (vxfs) with the Veritas async I/O (quick I/O). Which one would you recommend? We are using ASE 12.5 with 8k pages. Our gut feeling is to go with hardware 1+0 RAID with vxfs on top. Thanks. ...

general storage question
i have a server with a conventional internal scsi array of 3 36 GB hdds. the novell partition on these disks has only 3GB or so of space remaining thus causing all sorts of problems. i have tried to get users to archive or whittle down the information. this is really a losing cause. now i need to research a system of adding more storage to the server. i have tried USB and frankly it is not quite fault tolerant enough for projects. and adding / replacing drives internally will bring down the server for an extended period. that basically kills the server and then has to be restored from ...

ASE Storage structure...
Here is what I've understood of ASE storage structure. Can anyone help me if I took wrong in these afirmations: The allocation of pages to objects within a database is managed using allocation pages and object allocation map (OAM) pages. Space is allocated to an SQL Server database by the create/alter database commands. The space allocated to a database is divided into a number of 2 KB pages (2000 bytes pages) - Allocated pages. Each pages is assigned a logical page number, starting at page 0 and increasing sequentially (0,1,2,3.). The pages are then divided into allocatio...

ASE Storage Migration
I am planning to move all databases from one storage to another. I am planning to use Mirroring the devices & break the mirror. My current devices are of 16 GB & new devices are of 32 GB & my main database size is 910 GB & other 640 GB. Would like to know what will be best way to move daabases to new storage, mirror or backup old database & restore onto new. Thanks. Ambar You'll need to run some tests to see how long it takes for Sybase mirroring to sync your devices, to include syncing multiple devices in parallel. From these results you can start ...

Web resources about - Dell/EMC Storage Systems - sybase.ase.general

Electronic Delay Storage Automatic Calculator - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The machine, having been inspired by John von Neumann 's seminal First Draft of a Report on the EDVAC , was constructed by Maurice Wilkes and ...

ACT government subsidises rollout of battery storage for 5000 households with rooftop solar
The government will subsidise the rollout of battery storage to 5000 Canberra homes over five years.

How-To: Setup Photos and iCloud Photo Library with external storage + Time Machine backups
... this video for editing.’ The solution? ‘Please try again later.’ and press OK. What’s worse is he was relying on the app’s Optimize Mac Storage ...

OneDrive for Business to get unlimited storage for enterprise customers
Amid the brouhaha surrounding Microsoft's decision to backtrack on its offer of unlimited OneDrive storage for home Office 365 subscribers , ...

IT pros want more storage to keep up with the times
A survey commissioned by X-IO Technologies reveals that almost half of IT professionals (48 percent) do not believe their current storage array ...

Google is ponying up a million dollars to make its cloud storage safer than your own computer's hard ...
... just announced that it's going to commit $1 million in grants next year to fund security research that helps keep Google Drive cloud storage ...

Pair linked to deaths of 2 kids in Calif. storage unit
Autopsies for the 3-year-old girl and 6-year-old boy, whose bodies were found at a storage facility, were planned for Wednesday

Nissan & Eaton Put Used EV Batteries To Use In Stationary Storage Systems
... on EV Obsession. The energy management company Eaton has partnered with Nissan in order to work on second-life electric vehicle energy storage ...

Microsoft limits unlimited OneDrive for Business storage to priciest Office 365 enterprise plans
... announced that only the priciest enterprise Office 365 subscription plans will be eligible for an unlimited OneDrive for Business storage allotment. ...

Microsoft Adds Virtual Array to StorSimple Hybrid Cloud Storage
The company adds a new virtual array product to its StorSimple line of hybrid cloud storage and announces updates to its 8000 Series hardware ...