ASE Replicator or SQL Remote

We have several 11.9.x servers running on RH Linux that we need a simple
replication solution for.  These severs will be upgraded to 12.5 over a
year or so.  Rep sever seems overkill.  I have been looking at the new ASE
Replicator in 12.5 and SQL Remote that was designed for 11.9.x.  Here are
my questions:

If I set up one 12.5 db and use it as the primary database can it publish
data to the 11.9.x servers?

Is SQL Remote going to be a supported product or is Sybase encouraging
users to move to Replicator?

Does SQL Remote run on Linux?

Which is eaiser, more reliable?

TIA for any answers or experience you can share with me.

0
RodC

On Tue, 11 Mar 2003 06:07:44 -0800, RodC wrote:

> We have several 11.9.x servers running on RH Linux that we need a simple
> replication solution for.  These severs will be upgraded to 12.5 over a
> year or so.  Rep sever seems overkill.  I have been looking at the new
> ASE Replicator in 12.5 and SQL Remote that was designed for 11.9.x. Here
> are my questions:

<snip>

> Does SQL Remote run on Linux?

Yes.

(sorry - I've not used either, so I can't comment on your other
questions)

Michael
Michael
3/11/2003 3:37:24 PM
I have not done 12.5 to 11.9 however 12.5 to 12.0 does work and 12.5 to 11.9
should since ssremote creates readable text files with the sql in them.

<RodC> wrote in message
> We have several 11.9.x servers running on RH Linux that we need a simple
> replication solution for.  These severs will be upgraded to 12.5 over a
> year or so.  Rep sever seems overkill.  I have been looking at the new ASE
> Replicator in 12.5 and SQL Remote that was designed for 11.9.x.  Here are
> my questions:
>
> If I set up one 12.5 db and use it as the primary database can it publish
> data to the 11.9.x servers?
>
> Is SQL Remote going to be a supported product or is Sybase encouraging
> users to move to Replicator?
>
> Does SQL Remote run on Linux?
>
> Which is eaiser, more reliable?
>
> TIA for any answers or experience you can share with me.

0
agCornell
3/13/2003 2:26:56 AM
If you use sqlRemote it only comes on the 12.5 32bit CD and version on the
CD has a bug when it processes text/image data so you must get the current
version when sybase does not include it with the ASE EBF releases.   It took
me a week to get Tech support to get me a version linked to the ASE libs
since they seem to consider it part of ASA and not part of ASE except on the
initial release.

<RodC> wrote in message
> We have several 11.9.x servers running on RH Linux that we need a simple
> replication solution for.  These severs will be upgraded to 12.5 over a
> year or so.  Rep sever seems overkill.  I have been looking at the new ASE
> Replicator in 12.5 and SQL Remote that was designed for 11.9.x.  Here are
> my questions:
>
> If I set up one 12.5 db and use it as the primary database can it publish
> data to the 11.9.x servers?
>
> Is SQL Remote going to be a supported product or is Sybase encouraging
> users to move to Replicator?
>
> Does SQL Remote run on Linux?
>
> Which is eaiser, more reliable?
>
> TIA for any answers or experience you can share with me.

0
agCornell

Replication ASE
Hi, How can i replicate data between 2 ASE servers using SQL Remote, because when i use ssxtract it extracts a anywhere database .db. other question is i wanto replicate data via email, is microsoft exchage server enough for this or i'll need other mail server. thanks in advance Joan jmcd wrote in message <37616E0E.91D29322@else.com.pe>... >Hi, > >How can i replicate data between 2 ASE servers using SQL Remote, because >when i use ssxtract it extracts a anywhere database .db. > Hi I try this type of replication. In documentation i d...

ASE to ASE replication using SQL Remote
Since 11.9.2 comes with SQL Remote, can I use it for replication from ASE to ASE instead of a more expensive Replication Server? ...

ASE to ASE replication using SQL Remote
Since 11.9.2 comes with SQL Remote, can I use it for replication from ASE to ASE instead of a more expensive Replication Server? Yes you can. A couple of considerations: 1) SQL Remote is not intended for near real-time replication. Even with the new hover mode features, you should plan on at least 1 minute latency in each direction. 2) SSXtract does not support automatically extracting a remote ASE database. You will have to manually configure the remote and consolidated databases, including the initial synchronization of data before you start replication. This is certainly...

sql remote ase to ase
can I use sql remote ro replicate data form ase to ase or only from asa to ase and asa to asa ? I would also recommend that you read over the following tech doc; Implementing ASE to ASE Server SQL Remote Replication http://my.sybase.com/detail?id=1009730 Ian Bater iAnywhere Solutions Reg Domaratzki wrote: > Just be aware of the limitations pointed out in the documentation when using ASE as a remote database. > > Replication and Synchronization Guide > PART 4. Appendixes > APPENDIX A. Enterprise and Anywhere: Differences > > Limitations ...

SQL Remote ASE
hi did anybody know when SQL Remote support blob (image, text) replicacion for ASE - ASE? our company need this feature. joan caceres electro sur este s.a.a. Hello Joan, Support for image and text replication with SQL Remote went in as of ASA 6 mainline, 6.0.01.1256, and SA maintenance 5.5.04 build 1938. Regards, Bob Bauer Sybase Technical Support jmcd wrote: > hi > > did anybody know when SQL Remote support blob (image, text) replicacion for > ASE - ASE? > > our company need this feature. > > joan caceres > electro sur este ...

sql-remote between ASE and ASE
hello! sql-remote document don't give us help with replication with ASE and ASE. i need detail how to do it. i use ASE12 + NT4.0 + SQL Remote6.0.2 . i test it in the list 1�� define messagetype : smtp 2�� define use_name :one is publisher,the other is remote user_name 3�� define publisher,publication,subscription 4��execute ssremote.exe to receive or send message I failed at the step of extract database .i don't extract the database . please help me ,tell me the datail of sql-remote confige. Thanks a lot , ...

SQL Remote and ASE Replicator
Hello, Is it possible to use SQL Remote and ASE Replicator on the same database? SQL Remote and Replication Server for example have such capability when you use ssqueue. -- JT Both the ASE replicator and SQL Remote for ASE need to exclusively manage ASE's secondary truncation point in order to identify the oldest data page in syslogs that they need to start scanning from. There is only 1 secondary truncation point, and by the nature of it, it can not be shared between processes to identify more than one page. This is why we included the SSQueue as a solution for an ASE ...

ASE Replicator & SQL Remote
Hi, How do I use ASE Replicator as the consolidated and ASA 6 SQL Remote as the remote? Where can I read notes on this topic or is it same as in the previous version of ASE (using ASE SQL Remote)? Thanks. AFAIK they cannot interact. /steve -- Stephen Rice Technical Services Manager iAnywhere Solutions - Please Post- Whitepapers, TechDocs, and bug fixes are all available through the iAnywhere Developer Community at www.ianywhere.com/developer <Liza_A.S> wrote in message news:ACEE1F68940329BC001A644385256C9C.001A645285256C9C@webforums... > Hi, > &g...

ASE to ASE

ASE and ASE

ASE 11.5 Replication with SQL Remote
Has anybody gotten ASE 11.5 for NT to replicate using SQL Remote ? There seem to be problems using SQL Remote as the agent to replicate between ASE 11.5 nodes ? ...

upgrade ASE database with SQL remote replication
The SQL remote replication is between ASE and ASA database. Does the secondary truncation point need to set 'ignore' before the ASE database is upgraded ? Thanks Yes, correct. You do need to ignore the secondary truncation point with dbcc settrunc( 'ltm', ignore') in the ASE database before upgrading. Of course your log should be totally drained using ssremote -i, before doing that. After successfully upgrading you have to set that back to 'valid' "liy" <LI_YUPING@bls.gov> wrote in message news:%23r8X8U8SDHA.3...

Replication between ASE and ASE URGENT
HI everybody Can you help me please with the following question. We need to syncronize ASE to ASE ( bidirectional) Initially, it was planned to implement with SQL remote, but it isn't available. With replication server, it isn't a solution beacuse, the customer doesn=B4t have a comunntication channel all time. We think use Mobiliink Server to replictase ASE to ASE, but using an ASA in the middle, so that, first it replicate ASE to ASA, and later, ASA to ASE, is it this feasible ??? Thanks four your answer "Marco" <mbarrion@uniplex.com.ec> wr...

Replication between ASE and MSSQL 6.5 with SQL Remote?
Is there a way to use SQL Remote to do replication between ASE for Linux and MS SQL 6.5? I'm planning on removing the MS SQL Server eventually and using only ASE as our company database. I would like to have both databases mirrored for a period of time (2-3 months) to test them. I know about Replication server but I'm don't want to spend the money if I'll be using only ASE in a couple of months. If it can't be done, does anyone knows of an ODBC or OLE-DB driver that can make request to more than one data source at the same time? Thanks in advance Fawzib Rojas ...

Web resources about - ASE Replicator or SQL Remote - sybase.ase.general

3D Replicators - Scan and Print 3D 3DP Models
Replication - 3D Scanning & Printing - 3DP Model Files

Replicator: The Rock Band 2000-2008
(from the liner notes of the Whangbar Province EP) There’s something to be said for a terminus, closure, for having the guts to push the button ...

Replicator (Star Trek) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The term "replicator" originated on Star Trek: The Next Generation , portrayed as a 24th century advancement from the 23rd century "food synthesizer" ...

YouTube - (4) MakerBot Replicator - Model Finishing Tricks - Acetone Wash
Veröffentlicht am 14.04.2012 Made this for anyone polishing or cleaning up their 3D prints. I recently purchased the MakerBot Replicator and ...

3D Printers - MakerBot Replicator - Thinglab, Sculpteo, Shapeways
From rings to spare parts, the solid truth is most things can now be printed, writes Brad Howarth.

Wednesday Evening Open Thread: Mars Needs Replicators!
... c’mon, you couldn’t resist either. From the Washington Post : … Yes, it’s another case of life imitating “Star Trek” (remember the food replicator?). ...

CES: MakerBot Unveils ‘Replicator Mini,’ 3-D Printer with Built-in Camera, ‘Z18′ For Big Objects
... Shop, with co-founder Bre Pettis promising to talk about “a new beginning” and a couple products, including enhancements to the “Replicator” ...

Makerbot Replicator 2
... Commercial VSL PolitickerNJ BetaBeat Events This Week Startup Rundown Rumour Roundup Follow @Betabeat ← MakerBot ‘Levels Up’ with the Replicator ...

Star Trek replicator is closer to reality than you think
In video " Can Nanotechnology Create Utopia? " physicist Michio Kaku talks about the upsides, downsides, insides and outsides of having a replicator ...