ASE Migration From ASE 11.5.1 (NT) to ASE 12.9 on Win2003.

Need help to find Sybase's upgrade and migration docs on
above subject?
Thank you.
0
Lily
8/25/2003 3:04:13 AM
📁 sybase.ase.general
📃 8655 articles.
⭐ 0 followers.

💬 3 Replies
👁️‍🗨️ 1095 Views

ASE 12.9?  Currently, no released versions of ASE are certified on Win 2003.
ASE 12.5.1 will be certified when it is released later this year.
Mark Kusma
<Lily Maria> wrote in message news:3f497cad.367e.846930886@sybase.com...
> Need help to find Sybase's upgrade and migration docs on
> above subject?
> Thank you.

0
Mark
8/25/2003 12:15:06 PM
Thanks for the info.
I would like to know if there's any online documentation on
migration and upgrade plan of the ASE 11.5.1 to ASE 12.5.1?
Do applications created by PB6.5 accessing ASE 11.5.1 data
require upgrade as well?
> ASE 12.9?  Currently, no released versions of ASE are
> certified on Win 2003. ASE 12.5.1 will be certified when
> it is released later this year.
>
> Mark Kusma
>
> <Lily Maria> wrote in message
> > news:3f497cad.367e.846930886@sybase.com... Need help to
> > find Sybase's upgrade and migration docs on above
> > subject? Thank you.

0
Lily
8/26/2003 8:02:46 AM
This is one of those "It depends..." situations:
If you have reserved word clashes this will impact the applications.
Certain other T-SQL features have changed behaviour along the way, if these
were used you will
have impact.
If you're pb code calls views and sprocs your impact should be easier to
deal with due to the abstraction these provide.
If you do not upgrade the open client/odbc connectivity on the client you
will not be able to use new features of 12.5.x, which may not be supported
by PB 6.5 anyway - check the connectivity interoperability map/chart at
sybase.com - based on this there may be no necessity to upgrade.
You will also need to test extensively no matter how much preparation and
research is done. I would recommend that you absorb the release notes for
fixes and changes to behaviour for ASE and OpenClient/ODBC for major
releases since your version... no small task!
Regards
Grant
<Lily Maria> wrote in message news:3f4b1453.6048.846930886@sybase.com...
> Thanks for the info.
> I would like to know if there's any online documentation on
> migration and upgrade plan of the ASE 11.5.1 to ASE 12.5.1?
> Do applications created by PB6.5 accessing ASE 11.5.1 data
> require upgrade as well?
>
> > ASE 12.9?  Currently, no released versions of ASE are
> > certified on Win 2003. ASE 12.5.1 will be certified when
> > it is released later this year.
> >
> > Mark Kusma
> >
> > <Lily Maria> wrote in message
> > > news:3f497cad.367e.846930886@sybase.com... Need help to
> > > find Sybase's upgrade and migration docs on above
> > > subject? Thank you.

0
Grant