ASE 12.5 Eval on Windows Server 2003 Entperise

Can we install ASE 12.5 Eval for Windows NT on Windows
Server 2003 Enterprise Edition?
0
RS

> Can we install ASE 12.5 Eval for Windows NT on Windows
> Server 2003 Enterprise Edition?

Hi,

Yes, any windows version with NT technology will support
ASE. Windows versions like Professional 2000, XP, WIN 2000
Server, and so on.

Cheers
S.K
Actually,we are using evaluation version of windows 2003
server and are getting an error which says:

An Unhandled win32 exception occured in jave.exe[2124].
Just-in-time debugging of this exception failed and so
on.....

> > Can we install ASE 12.5 Eval for Windows NT on Windows
> > Server 2003 Enterprise Edition?
>
> Hi,
>
> Yes, any windows version with NT technology will support
> ASE. Windows versions like Professional 2000, XP, WIN 2000
> Server, and so on.
>
> Cheers
> S.K
0
RS
7/6/2006 9:32:18 AM
RS wrote:
> Actually,we are using evaluation version of windows 2003
> server and are getting an error which says:
>
> An Unhandled win32 exception occured in jave.exe[2124].
> Just-in-time debugging of this exception failed and so
> on.....
>
>>> Can we install ASE 12.5 Eval for Windows NT on Windows
>>> Server 2003 Enterprise Edition?
>> Hi,
>>
>> Yes, any windows version with NT technology will support
>> ASE. Windows versions like Professional 2000, XP, WIN 2000
>> Server, and so on.
>>
>> Cheers
>> S.K

You must be using v12.5 GA.  set JAVA_COMPILER=NONE and it will install.
  FYI, v12.5 GA is very buggy and is known to have issues with causing
corruption.  Please obtain the recent patch 12.5.4 from Sybase.

--
Jason L. Froebe
http://jfroebe.livejournal.com

ASE 12.5 Eval on Windows Server 2003
Can we install ASE 12.5 Evaluation version on Windows Server 2003 (SP 1)? ...

ASE 12 & ASE 15 compatibility with Windows Server 2003
Hi, We've some ASE 12 & ASE 15 databases. We connect those databases from different geographic locations. We also connect to those databases via Citrix server. At present the OS installed in the Citrix Server is Windows 2000. And we are planning to upgrade the same to Windows 2003. Prior upgrading, we want to confirm the compatibility of ASE 12 & ASE 15 with Windows Server 2003. Note: We've 10+ applications in Citrix Server that connects to the ASE 12/ASE 15 databases. Kindly advise. Thanks! Regards, Velu Hi, You can use Sybase's certificati...

ASE 11.5 on same server as ASE 12.5?
Anyone have 11.5 running on same server as 12.5 on NT? Would not be concerned to do this in Solaris as I am on an NT 4.0 Box sp6. Any known gotchas or issues? Going to take toni's advise in earlier posting on doing the 11.5 install as a seperate user on the server already running 12.5 just fine. Hope this wilkl take care of env vars??? We have one app that the company who developed it will no longer support us on newer versions of Sybase as a result this one crucial app must stay up and running on 11.5 while we allow the rest of our company to progress forward to 12.5 an...

ASE 12.5.2. and Windows Server 2003
Hello everybody, Please, someone knows if I can install ASE 12.5.2. in Windows 2003? Best regards and thanks for your help. Tonny Cardenas Hello, Yes, it has been certified on Windows 2003: http://certification.sybase.com/ucr/platformDetail.do?certId=103&platformId=15&productId=2 Thanks, Neal On 19 oct, 17:51, SybaseNeal <nst...@nospam.com> wrote: > Hello, > > Yes, it has been certified on Windows 2003: > http://certification.sybase.com/ucr/platformDetail.do?certId=103&plat... > > Thanks, > Neal Hello Neal, ...

ASE 12.5 can run on windows 2003 server ?
AS title if not , what time ASE can support? Thanks!! It is planned for later in the year, tentatively sometime Q3 for basic functionality, Q4 for the HA features. -bret peter wrote: > > AS title > if not , what time ASE can support? > > Thanks!! Thanks!! > It is planned for later in the year, tentatively sometime > Q3 for basic functionality, Q4 for the HA features. > > -bret > > > peter wrote: > > > > AS title > > if not , what time ASE can support? > > > > Thanks!! I was trying to run A...

Same machine: ASE 12.5.3 Linux vs ASE 12.5.3 Windows
We had a report from one of our clients recently that our Sybase ASE-based app was running slowly on their new Linux box. As we develop internally against ASE on Windows we thought it would be an interesting test to install both the Windows and Linux flavors of ASE 12.5.3 onto the same server and look at the relative performance. We used a Dell PowerEdge 1950 with 2 x Intel Xeon 3.73GHz dual core processors. On one drive we put SuSE Enterprise Linux Server 10 x86-64, and on the other we put Windows Server 2003 Std R2 64-bit edition. Both were fresh-off-the-CD OS installs. ...

ASE 12.0.0.6 to ASE 12.5 and Rep Server 12.1
We are planning the upgrade of our ASE 12.0.0.6 64bit on AIX 4.3.3 to ASE 12.5 64bit on AIX 4.3.3. We are also using Rep Server 12.1 with these two servers. My question is do I need to upgrade Rep Server as well, or will 12.1 Rep Server Work with ASE 12.5. Also, we will be upgrading AIX to 5.1 as well. Any advice is appreciated. Thanks, Troy It will work, however you wont be able to use any of the 12.5 new datatypes, and the rep_agents will spit out annoying error/warning messages everytime they are restarted. Our production system has been running that way for about ye...

Does the secondary truncation point in the Adaptive Server need to be disabled when upgrading ASE 12.5.03 to ASE 12.5.3
Does the secondary truncation point in the Adaptive Server need to be disabled when upgrading ASE 12.5.03 to ASE 12.5.3? Thanks Hi, No. just stop replication before the upgrade and restart it after the upgrade. Nothing special :) Jason L. Froebe Team Sybase http://jfroebe.livejournal.com liy wrote: > Does the secondary truncation point in the Adaptive Server need to be > disabled when upgrading ASE 12.5.03 to ASE 12.5.3? > > Thanks > > > ...

Does the secondary truncation point in the Adaptive Server need to be dsiable when upgrading ASE 12.5.03 to ASE 12.5.3
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0006_01C5C408.CA053AD0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Does the secondary truncation point in the Adaptive Server need to be = disabled when upgrading ASE 12.5.03 to ASE 12.5.3? Thanks ------=_NextPart_000_0006_01C5C408.CA053AD0 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEAD> <...

ASE 12.5.0.3 Certified on Windows 2003 Server
Hi, Is ASE 12.5.0.3 certidied (officially) for Windows 2003 Server? Luis, Luis Porras wrote: > > Hi, > > Is ASE 12.5.0.3 certidied (officially) for Windows 2003 Server? > > Luis, The certifications page is available at http://ohno.sybase.com/cgi-bin/ws.exe/cert/ase_cert.hts This is what it says: Windows Server 2003 12.5(32) ASE 12.5.0.3 ESD#4 required. This cert excludes HA, LDAP, EJB. This cert covers the editions:Enterprise, Standard, Data Centre, Small Business.ASE instances address upto 3GB memory, ASE HA is a 2 no...

ASE 12.5 to ASE 12.5.3
One of our client is having 3 no license for ASE 12.5 on Win2K (running 3 production servers) and not in the support/AMC with Sybase.. is client eligible to use ASE 12.5.3 ? Thanks KRV ...

ASE 12.5.1 on Windows 2003 Server...100% cpu usage
I am running ASE 12.5.1 developer version on a Windows 2003 server. Regardless of what scripts I am running, my Windows 2003 server goes to 100% and stays there a LONG time. Even when I'm creating/updating tables, views, etc. And there's very little data in the database, and I'm the only one using it. I tried running sp_sysmon but it always says "Space available in the log segment has fallen critically low in database 'tempdb'. The run of sp_sysmon was for no more than 2 seconds. Any ideas on how to get past this? I will add that tempdb is on master, master...

ASE Workplace 12.5 vs ASE Enterprise 12.5
Can anyone tell me what are the differences in the 2 packaging of ASE? TIA Himadri Hi Himadri, The main and I guess the only difference is price which is for WP ~= 4 times less. Category depends from machine level, for example for Sun the upper bound for WP is Sun E450 + 3 new XXXR. Go to http://eshop.sybase.com where you can see prices and in the help the up-to-date list of machines with category HTH, Eugene Himadri Laifangbam wrote: > Can anyone tell me what are the differences in the 2 packaging of ASE? > > TIA > Himadri For NT any machines up t...

Web resources about - ASE 12.5 Eval on Windows Server 2003 Entperise - sybase.ase.general

goog-entperise - Cult of Mac
Ryan Faas is a technology journalist and consultant living in upstate New York who has written extensively about Apple, business and enterprise ...

Day 2: Women of Power Attendees Learn the Importance of Financial Independence Search for Jobs on BE
/ In “The Women’s Wealth Imperative” session hosted by Merrill Lynch, speakers Sharon Epperson, Racquel Oden and Black Entperise’s Senior Editor ...

Sadagopan's weblog on Emerging Technologies,Thoughts, Ideas,Trends and The Flat World
I attended Dreamforce 2012, Salesforce.com’s 10th annual user conference, in San Francisco, and came away feeling very positive about the company, ...

VMware CEO: OpenStack is not for the enterprise
VMware CEO Pat Gelsinger says he doesn’t expect open source cloud project OpenStack to catch on significantly in the enterprise market, instead ...