Add Column on Proxy table

I have a prozy table that references a table in another
database.

I want to add a column to the proxy table that has already
been added to the original table.

I get a "Column already exists" error when I try to run and
add column statement on the proxy table.

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Melissa
0
Melissa

Melissa wrote:
> I have a prozy table that references a table in another
> database.
>
> I want to add a column to the proxy table that has already
> been added to the original table.
>
> I get a "Column already exists" error when I try to run and
> add column statement on the proxy table.
>
> Any advice greatly appreciated.

If the original table has changed, you'll need to drop
the proxy table and recreate it.

Michael Heaney
TIGR
0
Michael

How do I add a column of type GUID Replicate ID to a Access table using the Alter Table Add Column Statement
Hi,   I'm trying to create a GUID autogenerated column within my table using the Alter Table Add column Auery as shown below,   ALTER TABLE MainTable ADD COLUMN [My_Guid] AUTOINCREMENT(Replication ID) Any help would be greatly appreciated..  Thanks, Acces doesn't have a GUID data type. If you want to have GUID as Key field, you should use a Text Field, and you should fill it using code. If you want to have a autogenerated Primary Key, use [COUNTER], which will generate a Long value. Hi,   Access has a AutoNumber Replcate ID type which is exactly...

Proxy table mapping an ASE Table
Hi I try to create an IX proxy tablwe wich mapps a ASE table. I created an remote server with JDBC class bur when I try to do a connection I receive the following error message: 1> forward to remoteServer sp_who 2> go Msg 11206, Level 16, State 0: ASA Error -656: Unable to connect to server 'remoteServer': No suitable driver (1 row affected) What is wrong ? Thanks in advance for any hints. ...

proxy table to a table with a java class datatype column
Hi, does anyone know if it is possible to create a proxy table by issuing CREATE EXISTING TABLE - to a table which has a java class datatype column? If so, what is the syntax? Thanks. ...

Add column to a table from variable read from another table
Hi, The following sp should insert the value read from a table but instead adds the literal "column_name". How do I add what is in variable "column_name"? begin declare cur_employee dynamic scroll cursor for select column1 from temp_table; declare column_name char(40); open cur_employee with hold; loop fetch next cur_employee into column_name; alter table DBA.TEMP_ACCTING_TABLE add column_name varchar(40) null end loop; close cur_employee end TIA Lisa Change your ALTER TABLE command to : execute immediate 'alter t...

Proxy tables between ASE 11.5.1 and ASE 12
Hi everybody We are in HP-UX 11 and have two servers, one in ASE 12 and other in ASE 11.5.1. This servers need to share data via proxy tables. Does somebody know if it is possible to use proxy tables in ASE 12 referencing tables in ASE 11.5.1 and viceversa? Thanks a lot. Roberto Espitia wrote: > We are in HP-UX 11 and have two servers, one in ASE 12 and other in ASE > 11.5.1. This servers need to share data via proxy tables. > Does somebody know if it is possible to use proxy tables in ASE 12 > referencing tables in ASE 11.5.1 and viceversa? It should work....

add a column to a table
Hi, is there a sql command to add a column to a table which has been created? Thanks, Natalie >Hi, is there a sql command to add a column to a table which has been >created? Yes, e.g., alter table mytable add mynewcolumn integer; Leo Tohill - Team Sybase >> Please post in newsgroup, not via email << Useful links: Downloads: http://www.sybase.com/developer/mobile/ Submit Bug Reports: http://casexpress.sybase.com/cx/cx.stm?starturl=casemessage.ssc?CASETYPE=Bug ...

Add row to table with table.row.add()
Everytime I click on a button I want to add a tableRow to a table like this:        TextBox TB = new TextBox();                TableCell Cell = new TableCell();        Cell.Controls.Add(TB);        TableRow Row = new TableRow();        Row.Cells.Add(Cell);        table.Rows.Add(Row);It works the first time, but when I click the button again the last r...

Alter Table fails to add a new column to a table with 25 million rows
Hello, We use ALTER TABLE to add a new column to a table with about 25 million rows. This takes a long time and after about 3 hours it fails saying that it has run out of locks with an error code of C210. If anyone can help me, I would really appreciate it. TIA Regards, Mahesh Please show us the ALTER TABLE that is failing. We may be able to suggest an alternative ALTER TABLE followed by a cursor update loop where you can do periodic COMMITs. The problem is that ALTER TABLE will do all it's work in one transaction and acquire too many locks. If you had a page size of 8...

Add Column to a table
Hi, I woule like to add a non-null column to an existing fixed width database table. Is there any performance difference between "alter table" and drop/recreate the database table? Will the new columns stored at the end of each record if we use "alter table"? Any extra physical I/O is required? Thanks in advance, Gordon When you say "fixed width database table", I assume that you mean that there aren't any variable length columns in the table? Actually, that doesn't matter really. When you add a non-null column, ASE effectively does a ...

How do I add a column to all tables?
I want to add a column to every table in my AppModeler model. The column will be of the same name and type in all tables. I have about 200 tables, so I really don't want to have to do this manually. Is there any way I can get AppModeler to do this for me automatically? Even if it's only in the generated SQL scripts and not physically in the model, that would be fine. Thanks, Jamie Burks Unfortunately, there isn't a function to add columns in this manner. Work arounds include: 1. Create the column in the first table, highlight the line in the column list and p...

Problem in retrieving data from two table when one column entry in each table are same but no column in these table match with each other
Hello there!,       First of all i have two tables . one acts as a master table and other one acts as a details table. Currently the ptoblem with my procedure is, i have entered two entries for one project in the Master table. and to briefly discribe those two entries in the master table , i have entered two entries in the Details table corresponding to the entries in the master table. Now i need to combine the master table entries and the details table entries for the same project which should give only two entreies. but my procedure gives four entries. Could yo...

How to add link from one table's colum onto the other table's column?
I have 2 tables in a DataSet and have a link on them. I intend to put one column's content in one table, let's say t1, as the other column's link in the other table, let's say t2. However, after the link is created what I got is the t2's string in the link not the t1's. Here is my code: In the aspx: DataNavigateUrlFormatString="http://someweb.com/site/{0}" In the VB:'Create the link variableDim link As System.Web.UI.WebControls.HyperLinklink = DirectCast(e.Item.Cells(1).Controls(0), System.Web.UI.WebControls.HyperLink) 'Binding the link onto the column of Agency NameDim dr As Da...

Problem with comparing a Table View Column with the Table Column?
I have a CVdetails table which all the personal and technical details along with the path called CV_Path which stores the path of CV word doc. Using Index Server Query i got the paths in my SQL server using Linked Server. I used this Query   SELECT Path FROM OPENQUERY (FileSystem,'SELECT Directory, FileName, DocAuthor, Size, Create, Write, Path FROM SCOPE ('' "c:\myCatalogFolder" '') WHERE FREETEXT (‘’reference’’)’) Which gave a result as   Path c:\mycatalogfolder\ajaxguide.doc c:\mycatalogfolder\quickguide.txt     Now,...

Alter table to add column
I have a table that contains a column that is not null of a certain size. When altering that column to a different size as a not null value, I am required to use the default "some desc" option prior to the not null. ie: alter table table_name add column_name datatype DEFAULT "some name" not null. When I execute the sp_help table_name, I notice the column Default Name for the added column reflects an abreviation of the table and column name with some number. Is there away to issue the alter add column command on a table without the default option for a not n...

Web resources about - Add Column on Proxy table - sybase.ase.general

Politics, Political News - The Capitol Column
Covering the politics of science, technology, business, entertainment, Capitol Hill, and health.

Column (typography) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In typography , a column is one or more vertical blocks of content positioned on a page, separated by gutters and/or rules . Columns are most ...

Column 8
Are you the sort of person who collects board riders in your pantry for possible future consumption? If so, Margaret Combley, of Maclean, has ...

Paris attacks: column in IS magazine warns of 9/11-scale attack to come
Under the byline of a hostage British journalist, Islamic State warns that it may attempt a terrorist attack even bigger than 9/11.

Becoming The Perfect Faculty Member: An Advice Column
What is tenure all about? Selfish preservation of yourself without regard to the institution, of course.

An NYT ‘Weddings’ Column for the Ages
About the only thing missing from Jamie Diamond ’s epic backgrounder on the Dec. 5 Los Angeles wedding of comedienne Carol Leifer and real estate ...

Patt Rall Column: A little 'Therapy' goes a long way
Patt Rall Column: A little 'Therapy' goes a long way Bemidji Pioneer The entire ensemble is small but intense in their artistic pursuits: Norwood ...

Check out the highest-rated comment on this WaPo column, "The American Dream? I thought so, until I had ...
... maternity leave to be with a child you chose to have while still eating out, watching HBO, and buying a new car." The author of the column is ...

Tim O'Sullivan column: Giving thanks to our father figures on this holiday
Concord Monitor Tim O' Sullivan column: Giving thanks to our father figures on this holiday Concord Monitor That man would be Celtics basketball ...